How many players out of contract in june

gorgieroar

If league runs past may how many players will be out of contract and could hearts bring in new players to finnish league if its extended 

TyphoonJambo

From that list, keep:Moore, Soldier, Sibbick if possible and maybe Brandon. 

50 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Is happily lose them all. I’d like to see Sibbick but wouldn’t lose sleep if he left. 

This is where im at.

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, gorgieroar said:

If league runs past may how many players will be out of contract and could hearts bring in new players to finnish league if its extended 

Niemi? 

Saint Jambo
3 hours ago, gorgieroar said:

If the league is extended, I think it is almost certain there would be a ban on bringing in new players. I imagine players would be allowed to sign short extensions to whenever the new end date is. That way squads would be kept as close to as they are now as possible.

David McCaig
12 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

If the league is extended, I think it is almost certain there would be a ban on bringing in new players. I imagine players would be allowed to sign short extensions to whenever the new end date is. That way squads would be kept as close to as they are now as possible.

So you are proposing to introduce a form of slavery?

What if players don't want to sign an extension? What about players who've signed pre-contracts?

I’d be making enquires to sign Hamilton and St Mirrens best players, not necessarily to sign them, but definitely to unsettle them

29 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

What if players don't want to sign an extension? What about players who've signed pre-contracts?

What part of players would be allowed did you not understand?

Saint Jambo
1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

Form of slavery? Hey drama queen.

You wouldn't force anyone to sign an extension, but they wouldn't be allowed to play for another team until the new season started. Pre-contracts aren't legally binding so it would be perfectly feasible to apply the same rules to those players.

A small number of teams would probably lose a small number of players who choose to sit out the season extension for one reason or another. Not perfect, but its abundantly clear that there isn't going to be a perfect solution. This one would be little different to some players getting injuries.

Slavery 😂

6 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Are you drunk?!? Dikamona is a bombscare, Brandon and Moore dont have the quality or heart and Sibbick is on loan.

5 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

All sorts of law problems with your scenario 

9 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

I think this is an indication of the fact we have now been forced into a position of accepting mediocrity.   I see nothing from Moore to suggest he is worth keeping. "soldier" (cringeworthy) is a poor poor player and we have seen Sibbick play, what, 3 times maybe.  Brandon is Championship at best level. 

None of these mentioned should be anywhere near a decent Hearts side. 

8 hours ago, jbee647 said:

I’d be making enquires to sign Hamilton and St Mirrens best players, not necessarily to sign them, but definitely to unsettle them

ah the old firm transfer strategy...

TyphoonJambo
5 hours ago, Big Bruno said:

Are you drunk?!? Dikamona is a bombscare, Brandon and Moore dont have the quality or heart and Sibbick is on loan.

To be fair i was (not much else to do whilst locked down here in Spain) but i stand by most of it. I think in the few minutes i saw Sibbick he looked strong on the ball with a good pass, worth a squad place. I accept hes not our player but maybe a second loan spell? On Wednesday i think Dikamona and Moore at least put a shift in, easy to stand out whilst surrounded by the lazy gits evident that night. Brandon is still one for the future, as is Burns in Oz. 

None of these i would suggest buiding a squad sround but i fear we wont be able to afford the mass of new signings we so obviously need for next year, or the year after, depending upon when we start again. 

Anyway, back to my cell. 

8 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Hamilton’s most promising player is off to Brighton or QPR this summer. Can’t see him wanting to risk that by staying at Hamilton an extra months or two. 

David McCaig
12 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

What have Moore, Dikamona and Brandon shown to merit a new contract.

Moore will be 22 next season and in 30 games has never looked like scoring a goal and has provided 1 assist.  Dikamona doesn't have the consistency for regular first team football.

Brandon is injury prone and way down the pecking order.

With regards to Sibbick, I think he's an excellent player, but you do realise he's only on loan.

In summary I wouldn't consider renewing the contracts of any of our out of contract players.

15 hours ago, gorgieroar said:

Not enough.

15 hours ago, gorgieroar said:

It would be interesting to know from who are not out of contract those who have clauses to release then in the event we are relegated.

Gorgie_Rules

Release all of them as soon as possible, and hopefully move on most of the rest asap

We been diabolical for well over 2 years and a fresh rebuild is required

8 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Release all of them as soon as possible, and hopefully move on most of the rest asap

Agree. Whatever way this season plays out it will be expensive but no better opportunity to gut the team of mediocrity 

Most of the first team players have contracts until summer of 2021, some to 2022.  Naismith & Damour to 2023.

Apart from the loan players I believe only Moore, Dikamona and Bozanic have contracts expiring this summer.

1 hour ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Who do you want to do the rebuild?

3 hours ago, David McCaig said:

What have Moore, Dikamona and Brandon shown to merit a new contract.

Moore will be 22 next season and in 30 games has never looked like scoring a goal and has provided 1 assist.  Dikamona doesn't have the consistency for regular first team football.

Brandon is injury prone and way down the pecking order.

With regards to Sibbick, I think he's an excellent player, but you do realise he's only on loan.

In summary I wouldn't consider renewing the contracts of any of our out of contract players.

Most of our team fall into this category.