Underlying medical conditions.

Suso Santana

Suso Santana

I'm starting to get tired of hearing this generic excuse pumped out by the media when someone dies of the corona virus. 

Either be more specific or GTF. 

I'd imagine it would be either respiratory or cardiac conditions, does it really matter what one it was?

People who are on immune supressing drugs, cancer and transplant patients and the like are especially vulnerable. 

20 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

People who are on immune supressing drugs, cancer and transplant patients and the like are especially vulnerable. 

Also people with severe rheumatoid arthritis, their medication suppresses the immune system. I only know this as my dad is on them.

Suso Santana
1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

It's none of your business 😂 

I think it's passed the stage of being none of OUR business. 

4 minutes ago, superjack said:

Also people with severe rheumatoid arthritis, their medication suppresses the immune system. I only know this as my dad is on them.

Fingers crossed for you Dad, it can't be an easy time.

6 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

I think it's passed the stage of being none of OUR business. 

i think data protection i.e. GDPR would disagree with you

3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Fingers crossed for you Dad, it can't be an easy time.

If I'm being honest, if the virus gets within a mile of him he's donald ducked. He also has COPD due to his years of smoking.

My sister, mother and I just hope the virus misses him, he's still only 67.

2 hours ago, superjack said:

If I'm being honest, if the virus gets within a mile of him he's donald ducked. He also has COPD due to his years of smoking.

My sister, mother and I just hope the virus misses him, he's still only 67.

A mile?

A metre is what I heard.

Edited by graygo

This virus will kill people on immune suppressing drugs of any age if they catch it. I lost my fiancé in July last year and she ended up catching pneumonia during our holiday abroad. She was on them for a possible future lung transplant. 

it’s those people I really feel for during all this, the fear must be astronomical. Them and the whole of the nhs. 

The statistics released show higher mortality rates in people with repsiratory conditions, diabetes and cardiac issues. Not sure how much more specific that needs to be really 😕

Well I'm fecked. I have previously had a (quite a nasty) pneumonia and other respiratory issues. Maybe I should self isolate and stock up on bog roll, Red Stripe and Leb, skins and tobacco; thoughts anyone?

1 hour ago, RS86 said:

The statistics released show higher mortality rates in people with repsiratory conditions, diabetes and cardiac issues. Not sure how much more specific that needs to be really 😕

Half my family are asthmatics. Just glad I have full trust in Boris and pals....

Jambo-Jimbo
26 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Well I'm fecked. I have previously had a (quite a nasty) pneumonia and other respiratory issues. Maybe I should self isolate and stock up on bog roll, Red Stripe and Leb, skins and tobacco; thoughts anyone?

I'm the same, had a huge heart attack which left me with a lot of damage to one of my chambers, am also diabetic, but at least my lungs are ok, except the part of my heart that's damaged is the part that supplies my lungs with blood, meaning I get breathless quite easily, so I'll possibly be well goosed if I get it.

There is 1 poster in particular on here I think about when reading about the underlying health conditions and older ages making covid 19 more dangerous. An ex policeman now living in Canada.

9 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I'm the same, had a huge heart attack which left me with a lot of damage to one of my chambers, am also diabetic, but at least my lungs are ok, except the part of my heart that's damaged is the part that supplies my lungs with blood, meaning I get breathless quite easily, so I'll possibly be wetsell goosed if I get it.

I'm doomed as well. 🙄 Aged 69.

Type one Diabetic on Inhalers for Athsma and blood pressure tablets. 

On holiday at the moment in Fuerteventura and not got a clue how the new regulations in Spain and Canary Isles is going to affect our flight home on Saturday. 

Guess we will find out soon I hope. 

2 hours ago, Jeff said:

Half my family are asthmatics. Just glad I have full trust in Boris and pals....

While you'd assume most people who are young and whos conditions are stable should be OK there's no guarantees so it must be causing a lot of people stress. Especially with conditions like asthma, bronchitis, bronchiecstasis etc

17 hours ago, Suso Santana said:

I'm starting to get tired of hearing this generic excuse pumped out by the media when someone dies of the corona virus. 

Either be more specific or GTF. 

Do you really need to hear that it got a grip of someone because they had asthma or a low immune system due to the drugs they take for their ulcerative colitis?