Which One Country do you want to Visit and Why?

CostaJambo

44 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

My thoughts on Milan exactly.

My  good mate has been to football games many games in Milan , he's says there's not much to see otherwise. 

PS have a look at cinque terre. I've added that to the Italy Bucket List. 

Not true. 5 days wasn't quite enough for me and the wife. If you include getting a nice meal every night in the different neighbourhoods.

annushorribilis III
4 minutes ago, Cal_ said:

Not true. 5 days wasn't quite enough for me and the wife. If you include getting a nice meal every night in the different neighbourhoods.

Ok, calm down. 

It's all about opinions. 

12 hours ago, EH11_2NL said:

Cuba is a real eye-opener. Fascinating history. Incredible people and very proud of their country. Food is god awful though. An island of real contrasts. As much as I hate to admit it, they could do with some American tourist dollars. When you go into Havana, especially old Havana, you get an idea of the poverty. The buildings are literally falling apart. But a great place to visit if you like history and a taxi ride in the old Classic American cars is a must.

It’s the history test fascinates me

Kaliningrad Oblast - simply because even though I love geography, maps etc - for some reason I had never heard of it or knew it's whereabouts until my 30's

image.png.9520d542240760cea689a953dab12382.png

And I've always wanted to go to some regions of Nova Scotia - no idea why just like the look of it and the 'New Scotland' connection.

Hugh Phamism
13 minutes ago, Mollo said:

And I've always wanted to go to some regions of Nova Scotia - no idea why just like the look of it and the 'New Scotland' connection.

I've been to Nova Scotia and the locals speak with an Irish accent. It's almost as if it has blown over the Atlantic on the wind.😀

Beautiful, rugged landscape, much like the west coast of Scotland and Ireland.

On 16/03/2020 at 19:17, Locky said:

Would love to do Florence. Would like Verona too. Milan would be on my list, but I've been told there's not much to see and do as a city, but I want to go to the San Siro.

If you like art Italy is the place for you.

I have been to Venice every Summer for 4 years.So much to see and do,same with Florence.Shame that I cannot see it happening this year.

Milan is a great city as well,again if you like art.

The San Siro is way past it's best.Was there for the Atlanta v City  game.The facilities were terrible but the atmosphere was great.

I believe it is getting bulldozed down soon.

1 hour ago, Mollo said:

Kaliningrad Oblast - simply because even though I love geography, maps etc - for some reason I had never heard of it or knew it's whereabouts until my 30's

image.png.9520d542240760cea689a953dab12382.png

Im well travelled, or so i thought. Ive never heard of kalingrad til now! Defo on my list now. 

Interestingly the football team has a stadium on an island and still plays in the russian leagues. That must take a bit of doing.

Russia and the Maldives for me. Probably do Sri Lanka and the Maldives next year then Russia the year after. 

Been all over the past 18 years - most of Europe, Australia for a year, NZ, Brazil, Fiji, Thailand, Vietnam, Bali, Lombok. Tend to spend around 6 weeks of every year going abroad and dont like going to the same place twice. 

Spent a month touring the US and it was probably the biggest letdown from what I expected. Shite food and crazy *******s at every turn. Fun for a month but you'd have to be mental to live there IMO.  

14 minutes ago, The Brow said:

Russia and the Maldives for me. Probably do Sri Lanka and the Maldives next year then Russia the year after. 

Been all over the past 18 years - most of Europe, Australia for a year, NZ, Brazil, Fiji, Thailand, Vietnam, Bali, Lombok. Tend to spend around 6 weeks of every year going abroad and dont like going to the same place twice. 

Spent a month touring the US and it was probably the biggest letdown from what I expected. Shite food and crazy *******s at every turn. Fun for a month but you'd have to be mental to live there IMO.  

You gotta be kidding

33 minutes ago, JimKongUno said:

You gotta be kidding

If you want huge quantities of low quality cheap food then bash on, its perfect. 

I enjoyed the food for about a week, then I realised I'm not a fat **** and have a modicum of taste. 

annushorribilis III
4 hours ago, Hugh Phamism said:

I've been to Nova Scotia and the locals speak with an Irish accent. It's almost as if it has blown over the Atlantic on the wind.😀

Beautiful, rugged landscape, much like the west coast of Scotland and Ireland.

LOL. I just checked on Youtube - sounds Irish/Weegie at times.

Although that "ow" sound Canadians make sounds very Scottish to me - and the irritating habit of ending sentences with "eh",like certain inhabitants of Edinburgh. 

Love Canada - probably will be our next holiday once this mess blows over - as the wife is desperate to go back.

annushorribilis III
39 minutes ago, The Brow said:

If you want huge quantities of low quality cheap food then bash on, its perfect. 

I enjoyed the food for about a week, then I realised I'm not a fat **** and have a modicum of taste. 

It put me off pancakes for life after  the kids developed a liking for bacon,  pancakes & syrup. 

I've had some truly horrific food in the USA, more often than I could believe. It seems to me Americans don't care so long as there's loads of it and it's cheap.