Which One Country do you want to Visit and Why?

CostaJambo

OK I admit I am at a loose end without the football but what one country have you never been to that you want to see and why?

Mine is Thailand, good mix of lovely food, things to see and nice beaches to sit on and just do nothing for a few days, the perfect combination. 

I really want to go to Chile. I haven’t done much research but it looks like a fascinating place. I’d love to see the Andes.

1 hour ago, leginten said:

I really want to go to Chile. I haven’t done much research but it looks like a fascinating place. I’d love to see the Andes.

Good choice.

334991255834327915f085107fd47401.jpg

Antarctica for me - does that count?

Салатные палочки
3 hours ago, CostaJambo said:

OK I admit I am at a loose end without the football but what one country have you never been to that you want to see and why?

Mine is Thailand, good mix of lovely food, things to see and nice beaches to sit on and just do nothing for a few days, the perfect combination. 

Food and beaches yeah? 

Screenshot_20200314-210012.jpg.fa51af21ce95a3490faeeef93db4bc61.jpg

I can't be arsed with the travel involved in going to places outside of Europe when there's still so many places in Europe I haven't been to.

Quite fancy doing a trip around Italy and seeing Rome, Milan, Venice and Florence. Not so much at the moment though. :lol: 

The White Cockade

Namibia for me 

Amazing wildlife and landscape 
Namib Desert

Skeleton Coast

Etosha

Windhoek

Luderitz

etc

Suso Santana

Not arsed about visiting anywhere but the nevada dessert, groom lake, dream land. 

Tents, beers, fires and grub.

Canada, New Zealand, USA (New York and Chicago only), Iran if it ever becomes Iran again and most of Mediterranean Europe on Holiday.

I've only been abroad to England, three times ( 2 Golf weekends in Washington and a week in Mablethorpe) in the last 28 years (98 the most recent). So it's about time I had a wee trip overseas again. :)

All roads lead to Gorgie

Japan for me. Would love to ride the bullet train and see the temples of Kyoto and experience the energy of Tokyo. Might have to wait a while for that to happen though ☹️

13 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Albania. Most of an episode of Rick Stein - From Venice to Istanbul was there. Looks like an interesting place.

I'd like to see Vienna. Once you know the history of what that city meant, and who was there, it seems interesting. (also featured on a different Rick Stein programme.)

Albania is a great spot...Sarande, just 30 minutes from Corfu and much nicer and cleaner....!

15 hours ago, CostaJambo said:

Canada, Well Vancouver actually, got family across there, Montreal isn't too far away for the Canadian Grand Prix. 

Argentina.

Dove shooting and sea trout fishing in the Rio Grande.

Had hoped to do both in a single trip with my Dad but he’s too old for such adventures now bless him.

Just booked our last trip together to BC Canada. If it goes ahead it will be 15 years since we first went.

15 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Food and beaches yeah? 

Screenshot_20200314-210012.jpg.fa51af21ce95a3490faeeef93db4bc61.jpg

Haha nice one. I forgot about the ladyboys, even more determined to go there now. 

Always fancied Cuba. Japan too as I've only heard good things. 

I'd never go anywhere else in the world if, just once I could see the world from space though

13 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I'd never go anywhere else in the world if, just once I could see the world from space though

100% agree.

I'd like to go to Canada, I'd love ti see some of the wildlife, the fishing looks tremendous too.

N Lincs Jambo

Cheating somewhat as I have been there on business but for a holiday I would love to go to the Lebanon. Really fancy the idea of skiing in the morning (slopes at over 3000 meters) and sea swimming in the afternoon. Excellent food and the local wine is superb.

2 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

I'd like to go to Canada, I'd love ti see some of the wildlife, the fishing looks tremendous too.

I've not been to the East of Canada but the West Coast is wonderful. Been to Vancouver 3 times and going again August, (Hopefully). So much to see and do. The island is different again from the mainland. Get the chance you should go. It's like Scotland in colour and way bigger

Parttimer1874
19 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Canada, New Zealand, USA (New York and Chicago only), Iran if it ever becomes Iran again and most of Mediterranean Europe on Holiday.

I've only been abroad to England, three times ( 2 Golf weekends in Washington and a week in Mablethorpe) in the last 28 years (98 the most recent). So it's about time I had a wee trip overseas again. :)

You’ve not left Scotland in 22 years? And never been outside the UK?

10 hours ago, Parttimer1874 said:

You’ve not left Scotland in 22 years? And never been outside the UK?

I've been to Corfu (Kavos and Benitsis) twice and Spain(Benidorm and Porto Cristo) twice, all in my late teens. Just circumstance from then. Tho I did rescue a pup in the other side of the Solway firth 8 years ago, if that counts. :D

Didn't go abroad til I was 21 and now have the travel bug. Done 10 countries so far, and I have Spain and Czech planned (I stress the planned part) but still a few I'd like to do.

Italy is definitely one. Always loved Italian football, food etc. And would just love to go. It's what city I'd visit first which is the problem.

USA, just because.

Russia or any ex-Soviet country. Always had a fascination with Soviet stuff. Recently went to Budapest, which wasn't USSR, but you could certainly see some signs of Soviet influence which was quite cool. The Baltic countries would be good as they're dirt cheap too.

And visit more of Scandinavia. Namely Norway and Sweden. Just think they're cool as ****. Was in Iceland last year which was cool, if not quirky. And I went to Denmark from there, which was a great place, but it didn't feel overly Scandinavian, if that even makes sense.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I spoke to someone once who said Slovenia was a great country to visit. Alpine in Character but a lot cheaper than Switzerland, Austria etc.

Might add there to my list.

Jambo-Jimbo

Right now any deserted Island that has plenty of food, water (beer will do just as well), bog rolls and doesn't have Coronavirus.  😄

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Right now any deserted Island that has plenty of food, water (beer will do just as well), bog rolls and doesn't have Coronavirus.  😄

What, entirely deserted?

190723145317-ursula-andress-dr-no-bikini

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 hours ago, redjambo said:

What, entirely deserted?

190723145317-ursula-andress-dr-no-bikini

With our luck right now Man Friday is more likely to turn up. 😉

highlandjambo3
20 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

I've not been to the East of Canada but the West Coast is wonderful. Been to Vancouver 3 times and going again August, (Hopefully). So much to see and do. The island is different again from the mainland. Get the chance you should go. It's like Scotland in colour and way bigger

Here is an interesting fact (or not)......

To get an idea of Canada’s vastness in comparison to its population.......if you spread each person equally apart, there would be 50miles between each person.... like WOW 😮 

2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

To get an idea of Canada’s vastness in comparison to its population.......if you spread each person equally apart, there would be 50miles between each person.... like WOW 😮 

Kaboom! It’s pretty big likes

annushorribilis III
6 hours ago, Locky said:

Didn't go abroad til I was 21 and now have the travel bug. Done 10 countries so far, and I have Spain and Czech planned (I stress the planned part) but still a few I'd like to do.

Italy is definitely one. Always loved Italian football, food etc. And would just love to go. It's what city I'd visit first which is the problem.

USA, just because.

Russia or any ex-Soviet country. Always had a fascination with Soviet stuff. Recently went to Budapest, which wasn't USSR, but you could certainly see some signs of Soviet influence which was quite cool. The Baltic countries would be good as they're dirt cheap too.

And visit more of Scandinavia. Namely Norway and Sweden. Just think they're cool as ****. Was in Iceland last year which was cool, if not quirky. And I went to Denmark from there, which was a great place, but it didn't feel overly Scandinavian, if that even makes sense.

Rome, take the train up to Florence/Siena then Milan/Venice. I've still got Venice/Milan on my bucket list.  Wonderful country & people. 

Otherwise, South /Central America : Costa Rica (beach & fab wildlife hols) & Argentina mountains & glaciers). 

I P Knightley

I've been lucky enough to have been to a lot of countries with work. Admittedly, the 'with work' bit limits the touristy opportunities but you still get a sense of the culture and, of course, the cuisine. 

I'd go back to Sri Lanka in a heartbeat but the one country I'd love to add to my list is New Zealand. It just strikes me as a laid back country with spectacular scenery. 

I've also never been to South America so would like one day to add Peru or Chile to my list. 

On 15/03/2020 at 11:51, Jamhammer said:

Cuba is a real eye-opener. Fascinating history. Incredible people and very proud of their country. Food is god awful though. An island of real contrasts. As much as I hate to admit it, they could do with some American tourist dollars. When you go into Havana, especially old Havana, you get an idea of the poverty. The buildings are literally falling apart. But a great place to visit if you like history and a taxi ride in the old Classic American cars is a must.

51 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Rome, take the train up to Florence/Siena then Milan/Venice. I've still got Venice/Milan on my bucket list.  Wonderful country & people. 

Otherwise, South /Central America : Costa Rica (beach & fab wildlife hols) & Argentina mountains & glaciers). 

Would love to do Florence. Would like Verona too. Milan would be on my list, but I've been told there's not much to see and do as a city, but I want to go to the San Siro.

Jambo-Jimbo
1 minute ago, EH11_2NL said:

Cuba is a real eye-opener. Fascinating history. Incredible people and very proud of their country. Food is god awful though. An island of real contrasts. As much as I hate to admit it, they could do with some American tourist dollars. When you go into Havana, especially old Havana, you get an idea of the poverty. The buildings are literally falling apart. But a great place to visit if you like history and a taxi ride in the old Classic American cars is a must.

Yip Havana has clearly seen better days, the people though, some of the most wonderfully friendly & hospitable people I've ever had the pleasure to meet.

annushorribilis III
57 minutes ago, Locky said:

Would love to do Florence. Would like Verona too. Milan would be on my list, but I've been told there's not much to see and do as a city, but I want to go to the San Siro.

My thoughts on Milan exactly.

My  good mate has been to football games many games in Milan , he's says there's not much to see otherwise. 

PS have a look at cinque terre. I've added that to the Italy Bucket List. 

4 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Can you show your workings for that?

According to Wiki the area is 3.8m sq miles, and the population 38.8 million. So with 10 people in every sq mile...🤔

highlandjambo3
29 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Can you show your workings for that?

According to Wiki the area is 3.8m sq miles, and the population 38.8 million. So with 10 people in every sq mile...🤔

Hey....it’s JKB....... I don’t deal in facts........ rumours only please.