Toilet Rolls

H2

Mac_fae_Gillie

Just popped into Tesco on way home from work just as it opened 6am, 2 full pallets of bog roll in 16 and 9 packs took 5 min walk round shop buying other stuff first due to bulk of bog roll went back last item 80% were gone in 5 or 6  mins store was quiet but every customer (me included) was buying some. I know the stocks will recover within a month but whilst empty shelves are seen it creates panic.

Marge and butter gone, only a few high price anti cholesterol ones left.

No cheese in block form at all.

Tins still less every day.

and with real threat of shut down later today shops will be ravaged to bones.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• The Real Maroonblood

• Mikey1874

• Marvin

Captain Lithuania

Selfish pricks do not think about the people who are working still keeping the country going. I’m worried more about the behaviour of this lot than any damage the virus will do. 

1 hour ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

Just popped into Tesco on way home from work just as it opened 6am, 2 full pallets of bog roll in 16 and 9 packs took 5 min walk round shop buying other stuff first due to bulk of bog roll went back last item 80% were gone in 5 or 6  mins store was quiet but every customer (me included) was buying some. I know the stocks will recover within a month but whilst empty shelves are seen it creates panic.

Not sure where you are but in Musselburgh many of the local grocery shops, newsagents etc have toilet roll and kitchen roll in. I obviously don’t know if this is the same in other areas. 

Family friend who works in one of the supermarkets in straiton park. 

She shared that customers are regularly swearing at staff and being pretty aggressive. 

I also heard tescos at hardengreen now closes at night but folks are queuing up to get in.. but a lot of them are the same people from the morning before and are just baying the same sh*t. 

There are truly some horrible people living in Scotland.  

1 hour ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

Not a month. If people stopped buying today... Stock levels would return in less than a week. 

2 hours ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

Screen-Shot-2015-06-30-at-12-07-22.png

4 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

Screen-Shot-2015-06-30-at-12-07-22.png

I used to love the Viz letters page.

Particularly the ones about cereal boxes.

3 hours ago, Arnaud Djoum said:

Selfish pricks do not think about the people who are working still keeping the country going. I’m worried more about the behaviour of this lot than any damage the virus will do. 

They'll be the death of us. 

1 hour ago, jumpship said:

I also heard tescos at hardengreen now closes at night but folks are queuing up to get in.. but a lot of them are the same people from the morning before and are just baying the same sh*t. 

Having worked in retail some years ago now, this does not surprise me one little bit.

3 hours ago, Arnaud Djoum said:

thats the thing, people especially in groups are selfish, ignorant :censored:

Mac_fae_Gillie
2 hours ago, jumpship said:

Family friend who works in one of the supermarkets in straiton park. 

She shared that customers are regularly swearing at staff and being pretty aggressive. 

There are truly some horrible people living in Scotland.  

Normally only 1 security guard on at Tesco when I pop in after work early doors, today there were 3 on duty including 1 at door.

Never understood the anger thrown at people just doing a job who have zero responsibility for issue/s at hand.

I love to vent as much as anyone but gotta be the guilty buggers like hoarders etc.

Just had a pack of 9 rolls dropped off by my mate whom like me is exercising social distancing recommendations.   

53 minutes ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

Normally only 1 security guard on at Tesco when I pop in after work early doors, today there were 3 on duty including 1 at door.

Never understood the anger thrown at people just doing a job who have zero responsibility for issue/s at hand.

I love to vent as much as anyone but gotta be the guilty buggers like hoarders etc.

Just been in, there toilet roll but still folks buying more than they need. Woman baying two packs of 9. So let's say she has a big family and they go through a roll a day... that's still 18 days worth... is that her till 18 days in the house? Is it #$%@. But then again, maybe she was buying for someone else.. 🤔

Picture won't load but the bread section is full... over stocked one might say... all those idiots buying so much have been proven idiots..

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, jumpship said:

Just been in, there toilet roll but still folks buying more than they need. Woman baying two packs of 9. So let's say she has a big family and they go through a roll a day... that's still 18 days worth... is that her till 18 days in the house? Is it #$%@. But then again, maybe she was buying for someone else.. 🤔

Picture won't load but the bread section is full... over stocked one might say... all those idiots buying so much have been proven idiots..

Hope they’ve wasted a lot of money.

1 hour ago, jumpship said:

She’ll need all that after feeding her family all the perishable food she’s been hoarding. 

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Hope they’ve wasted a lot of money.

Wouldn't surprise me some have maxed out their credit cards in the process, some might even still be paying for all the extra food and bog roll for the next 5 years or longer.

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Wouldn't surprise me some have maxed out their credit cards in the process, some might even still be paying for all the extra food and bog roll for the next 5 years or longer.

Good.

Jamstomorrow

Make your toilet paper last longer by making sure you use both sides of the sheet.   You will be washing your hands thoroughly anyway  .   .   .   .    won't you?  ;) 

I remember this ditty from my youth:

In days of old when Knights were bold and paper wasn't invented,

they wiped their bum with finger and thumb and went home quite contented.

Why the rush for toilet roll anyway?  It's not like it's a necessity, if I ran out of paper I would just jump in the shower and wash my arsehole out with my hand and shower gel.  Hardly a big deal.

16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Sainsburys Gorgie an hour or so ago had a decent supply of paracetamol. 

I just told the wife that and she said she's not got a sore head.

:yas:

:oohmatron:

2 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

Has anyone managed to get an answer from a toilet roll hoarder as to why they are doing it?

My neighbour said ‘it’s because Janet is a ****ing idiot’ he then said ‘if the golf courses close I’ll be up for murder’.

Greedy Jambo
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

My neighbour said ‘it’s because Janet is a ****ing idiot’ he then said ‘if the golf courses close I’ll be up for murder’.

Ah right, i've experienced the same golf idiot with the same kinda wife. 

It's starting to get predictable now. 

This boy was raging about not being able to play golf and told me he would be hitting balls at his neighbours windows if he couldn't. 

Just now, Space Pirate said:

Ah right, i've experienced the same golf idiot with the same kinda wife. 

It's starting to get predictable now. 

This boy was raging about not being able to play golf and told me he would be hitting balls at his neighbours windows if he couldn't. 

Yeah. My brothers the same, not about his wife, she’s nice, just worried about the golf. Golf ffs! With everything else that’s going on 😕

Greedy Jambo
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah. My brothers the same, not about his wife, she’s nice, just worried about the golf. Golf ffs! With everything else that’s going on 😕

I feel sorry for the wife then. 

The boy i know, his wife will die if she doesn't get a fresh loaf of bread every day. 

She's never ate a salad in her life. 

Greedy Jambo

Boris is still just advising people what to do. 

Just get the lock down on the go,  you're only allowed out for exercise on your own or to go to the food shop or for medicine, simples. 

Edited by Space Pirate

Just now, Space Pirate said:

Boris is still just advising people what to do. 

Just get the lock down on the go,  you're only allowed out for exercise on your own or to go to the food shop or for medicine, simples. 

the police are being given powers to fine people who dont comply, how is that just advice?

Greedy Jambo
5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

the police are being given powers to fine people who dont comply, how is that just advice?

I didn't hear the word lockdown.

I think people will still take the piss. 

Just my opinion. 

Edited by Space Pirate

SwindonJambo

I defrosted my fridge freezer yesterday so needed to restock. Today I got up at the crack of dawn and headed for Aldi in Faringdon (between Swindon & Oxford) to catch it opening at 8am. 25 people waiting and all very civIlised and people giving distance. I walked in to a wonderous sight: Fully laden fruit and veg stalls with full availability of everything. So too chilled meats, fish and ready meals. And... bog roll!!! They were short on frozen foods but everything else was plentiful. No argy bargy of any kind. Result!

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

I defrosted my fridge freezer yesterday so needed to restock. Today I got up at the crack of dawn and headed for Aldi in Faringdon (between Swindon & Oxford) to catch it opening at 8am. 25 people waiting and all very civIlised and people giving distance. I walked in to a wonderous sight: Fully laden fruit and veg stalls with full availability of everything. So too chilled meats, fish and ready meals. And... bog roll!!! They were short on frozen foods but everything else was plentiful. No argy bargy of any kind. Result!

👍

Cairneyhill Jambo
2 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

I went to Aldi in Dunfermline today and it was the same. The chilled counters were fully stocked. It wouldn't take long before the jungle drums were going and the chavy Asda shoppers turned up and emptied the shelves. 

Just heard from a Greek friend. They've just made it that you can only go out for certain activities (exercise not included) and have to print out and fill in a form or send a text message to the authorities before you do. ID must be carried at all times.

dobmisterdobster
On 23/03/2020 at 22:44, redjambo said:

Just heard from a Greek friend. They've just made it that you can only go out for certain activities (exercise not included) and have to print out and fill in a form or send a text message to the authorities before you do. ID must be carried at all times.

Those countries are used to that level of authoritarianism. We are not which is why some people aren't taking the quarantine seriously.

Harry Potter
41 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Those countries are used to that level of authoritarianism. We are not which is why some people aren't taking the quarantine seriously.

You ask some people to do a certain procedure and they will do the opposite, sitting on my PC 

looking out the window and no shortage of folk walking past, its pissing down as well, folk eh beyond me.

52 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

You obviously don't know the Greeks. They don't take instructions from the authorities lightly. "Those countries". :) - a Petty Englander attitude if I've ever heard it, Dob.

clash_2032681i.jpg

...a bit disco

Went to get a loaf from the local Co-op (Westburn) yesterday.

Had to make do with a loaf in a plain blue see through wrapper, one wee label with ingredients and 'not suitable for home freezing' on it.

Reasonable enough bread though.

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Went to get a loaf from the local Co-op (Westburn) yesterday.

Had to make do with a loaf in a plain blue see through wrapper, one wee label with ingredients and 'not suitable for home freezing' on it.

Reasonable enough bread though.

Surely you could freeze it and if needed just toast it.

Jambo-Jimbo
7 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Probably been frozen already then defrosted, whilst it is ok to re-freeze it again, it can affect the taste and quality of it.

...a bit disco
32 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Don't know?

Nearly finished it anyway!

The Real Maroonblood
26 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Don't know?

Nearly finished it anyway!

Greedy bugger.

...a bit disco
23 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Greedy bugger.

:biggrin:

Tesco Colinton was quiet at 8.30.    No queues,   or even cues,   to get in.   Sparse inside.    Unfortunately witnessed a right old monkey taking part in his own 'handle as many things as I can without selecting anything' competition.     A couple of oblivious people not giving an arse about keeping distance.     Short wait at the till.

A council down south has posted photos on its website of wheelie bins outside house that are full of food items that people are throwing out as they are passed their use by dates. 

2 hours ago, Tazio said:

A council down south has posted photos on its website of wheelie bins outside house that are full of food items that people are throwing out as they are passed their use by dates. 

Any toilet rolls in them?