Toilet Rolls

H2

30 minutes ago, Nicholas Brody said:

I honestly thought this time would've happened by now. Friend's father in law was at Morrisons this morning, I think about 7am and there was no chicken on the shelves and barely anything else. Couldn't even get honey which I found a bit weird.

yep, was in my morrisons yesterday and there was no bog roll, pasta, lack of fruit and veg and the only raw meat you could get was joints of lamb. No chicken beef, turkey

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• The Real Maroonblood

• Mikey1874

• Marvin

The Real Maroonblood
32 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

There has to come a time when people either run out of money and or space for them to store all this stuff, hopefully that happens soon and then there might be enough left for everyone else who hasn't panicked.

Fortunately it’s just the 2 of in the house .

Just do our normal shop and buy as weed need.

It was mentioned on one thread that the sales of freezers have shot up.

Jambo-Jimbo
47 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Just do our normal shop and buy as weed need.

That wouldn't surprise me in the least, it's obvious that that's what many people are doing re: lack of fresh meat etc.

In 6-12 months time, they'll be lots of second hand freezers for sale. 😄 

Just had the Amazon delivery guy drop me off a new coffee grinder. He asked where number 3 was and I went to show him and he sort of ran away as if I was a zombie 😂😂

Understandable but I'm not self-isolating, just working from home.

6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Just had the Amazon delivery guy drop me off a new coffee grinder. He asked where number 3 was and I went to show him and he sort of ran away as if I was a zombie 😂😂

Understandable but I'm not self-isolating, just working from home.

Just had an angry confrontation with a guy at work, after I put a sign up requesting no one to enter my individual building/office due to the Coronavirus risk.  It's a very small cottage with one room and 3 workstations, but I normally work on my own, more or less in total isolation. I work supporting students with disabilities on campus and I cannot work from home, and have been specifically requested to continue to come in to work so the support can keep going, but to work entirely on my own and not visit any other buildings on campus. All other members of support staff and students have been informed not to come in to work, only me. 

A cleaner slammed the door open and started shouting that I was being snobby, and arrogant, and how dare I etc. etc.  How he was doing me a favour and that he was going to report me to HR.

I quickly explained that my partner is a doctor at Ninewells, and whilst she is not working with patients who have COVID-19, it is on other wards and is likely to spread.  Whilst none of us have any sort of symptoms, it is safest that I work on my own without anyone accessing the building just in case. 

He very quickly apologised and ran out in a similar manner to your delivery driver :lol:

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Just a heads up, I've just got home from Sainsbury's and among the usual suspects condoms have sold out. 

Condoms.

😃

3 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Just a heads up,I've just got home from Sainsbury's and among the usual suspects condoms have sold out. 

Baby boom.

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Baby boom.

I said the same to my mate yesterday. Bored couples at home self isolating. What else are they going to do? :dribble:

4 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I said the same to my mate yesterday. Bored couples at home self isolating. What else are they going to do? :dribble:

Fantastic.....a huge welcome to the Corona Generation 🤣

The Internet
6 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Fantastic.....a huge welcome to the Corona Generation 🤣

Coronials was the phrase I seen elsewhere. 

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Just had an angry confrontation with a guy at work, after I put a sign up requesting no one to enter my individual building/office due to the Coronavirus risk.  It's a very small cottage with one room and 3 workstations, but I normally work on my own, more or less in total isolation. I work supporting students with disabilities on campus and I cannot work from home, and have been specifically requested to continue to come in to work so the support can keep going, but to work entirely on my own and not visit any other buildings on campus. All other members of support staff and students have been informed not to come in to work, only me. 

A cleaner slammed the door open and started shouting that I was being snobby, and arrogant, and how dare I etc. etc.  How he was doing me a favour and that he was going to report me to HR.

I quickly explained that my partner is a doctor at Ninewells, and whilst she is not working with patients who have COVID-19, it is on other wards and is likely to spread.  Whilst none of us have any sort of symptoms, it is safest that I work on my own without anyone accessing the building just in case. 

He very quickly apologised and ran out in a similar manner to your delivery driver :lol:

Can you actually slam a door open.......I’ve never heard that before.  If you can then it would stand to reason that the transfer window can also be “slammed open” 

17 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I can think of worse things to do.

:biggrin2:

6 hours ago, Marvin said:

I read the other day that the sale of sex toys: vibes etc have increased threefold. Maybe we'll have another baby-boom as a result of couples self isolating?

31 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Just a heads up, I've just got home from Sainsbury's and among the usual suspects condoms have sold out. 

The sales of sex toys, vibes and condoms would not suggest a baby boom to me.

25 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Can you actually slam a door open.......I’ve never heard that before.  If you can then it would stand to reason that the transfer window can also be “slammed open” 

Couldn't think of a better way to describe it, it was effectively kicked in, and has dented the wall with the handle :lol:

2 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Couldn't think of a better way to describe it, it was effectively kicked in, and has dented the wall with the handle :lol:

Haha, breach and clear tactics from the cleaner as he bursts in to tell you to stop being so thoughtful 😂🤣

18 hours ago, ecjambo said:

Wife and I popped into Tesco earlier today about 2.30pm, she wanted to pick some things up for Mother’s Day. While we were there were planning to get a few things we needed but most of the shelves were empty. No bog roll. No soap. Barely any tins. Hardly any fruit/veg. I just said let’s get the stuff we need for your mum and go.

While waiting at the tills there was two woman together and she must’ve had about 8 bags of apples. The check out assistant only allowed her two, but I’m struggling to understand the thought process of these people. We got chatting to the bloke on the till and he said it’s the same people coming a couple of times a day to fill their trolleys. Idiots.

I hope they get a lot stricter with the measures. Banning orders for supermarkets should become the new norm for these sorts.

18 hours ago, Nicholas Brody said:

It's the people leaving fresh/frozen food wherever they please for it to spoil that where pissing me off today. So much unnecessary waste. 

I believe there will be much more strict measures coming into force on Friday. Already have people freaking out that they can't buy more than a couple tins of soup ffs.

Much of that will end being thrown out.

Rationing back but from the supermarkets. 

manaliveits105

Not a piece of meat in Asda Chesser - absolute feckin idiots - as I said before start tasering panic buyers 

Mac_fae_Gillie
16 hours ago, MES said:

All very odd, but personal. Old boy in Waitrose yesterday had a basket full of plain bounty bars?! Perhaps self isolating and had worked out at one a day for 12 weeks. Odd, but strangely understandable. And he wasn’t stopped or refused

I'm actually trying to not buy any sugar filled items, still working but if forced to take time off stuck at home hardly gonna need to have high energy foods as will burn limited calories.. unless long walks are allowed then I'm buying choc eggs in bulk.

Carl Fredrickson
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Several supermarkets now saying first hour is for elderly or vulnerable customers. 

Do you know which ones? Ta

Edit: checked FB and Asda have 6am-9am for elderly and vulnerable. 

Edited by Carl Fredrickson

9 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Do you know which ones? Ta

Edit: checked FB and Asda have 6am-9am for elderly and vulnerable. 

Definitely Sainsbury's.

We had an email from them yesterday saying this.  From Monday 23rd March at 7.00am, a one hour slot. Customers have to be 70+

Carl Fredrickson
Just now, Morgan said:

Definitely Sainsbury's.

We had an email from them yesterday saying this.  From Monday 23rd March at 7.00am, a one hour slot. Customers have to be 70+

Cheers 

My mum says she will go with me. I would rather she didnt due to the possible contamination but I dont think there is an alternative

7 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Cheers 

My mum says she will go with me. I would rather she didnt due to the possible contamination but I dont think there is an alternative

I think you're right there.

Take care, the two of you.  

Carl Fredrickson
26 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I think you're right there.

Take care, the two of you.  

Cheers. Hope that the seat outside the toilets is free that way I can leave her at the door and save her walking round. Early start tomorrow....

1 hour ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Cheers 

Surely if you left her in the car you could find a staff member and explain the situation?

Carl Fredrickson
11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Surely if you left her in the car you could find a staff member and explain the situation?

You would like to think so. Or I could take her blue badge with me. I will see how things are in the morning. 

13 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

There has to come a time when people either run out of money and or space for them to store all this stuff, hopefully that happens soon and then there might be enough left for everyone else who hasn't panicked.

Here here. All I'm reading about is this is our biggest coming together since WW2. Wasnt around then but really find it hard to believe there was so many selfish twats kicking around then. The world feels truly broken right now 

6 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Not a piece of meat in Asda Chesser - absolute feckin idiots - as I said before start tasering panic buyers 

😂Would love to see a more heavy handed approach on this. Sadly cant infringe peoples human rights (although it's ok for them to ignore the supermarkets buying policies and the poor check out staff requests to adhere to it). Only a matter of time before there is daily violence in supermarkets over this. All the letters, emails etc from government and supermarkets are falling on deaf ears but the folk giving the orders will have full supplies without a shadow of doubt!

21 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Just do our normal shop and buy as *weed need.

* :smoking:

Jambo-Jimbo
9 hours ago, hmfcbilly said:

Here here. All I'm reading about is this is our biggest coming together since WW2. Wasnt around then but really find it hard to believe there was so many selfish twats kicking around then. The world feels truly broken right now 

No panic buying in Italy, seen footage on the news last night of a shop in Rome, shelves were all well stocked, there was some item's that did have a reduced stock, but anybody could probably get anything and everything that they needed, and I've heard the same several times now from various places in Italy, nobody is panic buying there.

Compare that to the UK and it's utterly pathetic what's happening here.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

No panic buying in Italy, seen footage on the news last night of a shop in Rome, shelves were all well stocked, there was some item's that did have a reduced stock, but anybody could probably get anything and everything that they needed, and I've heard the same several times now from various places in Italy, nobody is panic buying there.

Shameful here.

British spirit my arse.

Not true. Source: colleagues in Milan. 

Jambo-Jimbo
23 minutes ago, Zico said:

Not true. Source: colleagues in Milan. 

Well I'm going with what I've seen with my own eyes, news reports and interviews with British ex-pats based in various places in Italy, situation might be different in Milan though. 

A friend in Australia tells me there was a news report of a stabbing in a supermarket in the loo roll aisle. Location is maybe a coincidence but.....

5 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

A friend in Australia tells me there was a news report of a stabbing in a supermarket in the loo roll aisle. Location is maybe a coincidence but.....

dont think this is the same incident but fighting has been going on in supermarkets in australia

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-australia-51903149/australian-man-charged-over-supermarket-assault

edit found the story, it was an employee collecting trolleys who was stabbed

https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/news/man-allegedly-stabbed-in-woolies-in-victorias-mornington-peninsula/news-story/4817e2e2bec6798855857ac048937e3f

Edited by milky_26

All supermarkets should implement a charge if the same item is scanned more than once.

The absolute state of some of these roasters.

Mac_fae_Gillie
18 minutes ago, Ritchez said:

All supermarkets should implement a charge if the same item is scanned more than once.

The absolute state of some of these roasters.

For a Single adult that works, Mother of 4 that really doesn't....

What adult an adult that buys for themselves and their elderly mum? who remains house bound.

Edited by Mac_fae_Gillie

Mac_fae_Gillie
5 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Maybe the Italians didn't get a jump on hoarding, the UK heard rumours of quarantine so a million people went out and stocked up and others have bought extra over the last fortnight, Italy though had a days notice it is that fact that scared people into stocking up.

I am more worried about the fact I have not stocked up, got about 3 days fresh 3 days tinned at max and on last bog roll even work has no bog roll so that source has gone..

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

Maybe the Italians didn't get a jump on hoarding, the UK heard rumours of quarantine so a million people went out and stocked up and others have bought extra over the last fortnight, Italy though had a days notice it is that fact that scared people into stocking up.

I am more worried about the fact I have not stocked up, got about 3 days fresh 3 days tinned at max and on last bog roll even work has no bog roll so that source has gone..

The old boy over the path from me said that he's going to do what he did when he was young.

Cut up newspaper into squares and hang them on a piece of string.

He added that instead of buying newspapers there are plenty of free magazines, property magazines that are just as good.

Think we'll be doing the same before long.

Mac_fae_Gillie

The old boy over the path from me said that he's going to do what he did when he was young.

Cut up newspaper into squares and hang them on a piece of string.

He added that instead of buying newspapers there are plenty of free magazines, property magazines that are just as good.

Think we'll be doing the same before long.

But was that using a flushable indoor toilet or an outhouse that got emptied into a bucket and taken to farm for slurry pit?

Jambo-Jimbo
Just now, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

But was that using a flushable indoor toilet or an outhouse that got emptied into a bucket and taken to farm for slurry pit?

Most likely the latter, as he did grow up on a farm.  :rofl:

Jambo-Jimbo
33 minutes ago, weehammy said:

It appears the hoarders have become addicted to the practice. Garden sheds full of bog rolls but they can’t resist the compulsion to keep buying. Shoppers at Tesco Corstorphine’s dedicated elderly/vulnerable hour this morning (9.00 - 10.00) found the shelves had already been stripped by the barbarian hordes who turned up on opening at 6.00!

Like I've said they are panic buying for the sake of panic buying.

...a bit disco

Cat food and cat lit taking a hit now too.

Edited by ...a bit disco

3 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Cat food and cat lit taking a hit now too.

Understandable now that the Chinese are not eati......  better not.