Toilet Rolls

H2

On 14/03/2020 at 20:59, Janbo1874 said:

One way to stop this bog roll panic buying is for the shops only to stock this.

Like wiping your ring piece with broken glass.

0ed597e645029eaa1ade8aafe3024436.jpg

weirdly the episode of QI i watched on dave last night had this on it

one other thing the guy who delivered my greenhouse today said the shelves were bare in his local supermarket at 8.30 this morning

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• The Real Maroonblood

• Mikey1874

• Marvin

Jambo-Jimbo

My daughter was just in Tesco in Horsham, West Sussex, pretty much empty shelves everywhere, there was next to nothing, food fresh frozen and tinned, fruit & veg, toiletries, almost nothing whatsoever left.

This store is huge and I mean huge and it's been virtually cleaned out.

Good job she stopped off at Galashiels yesterday on their way home and managed to get a 12 pack of toilet rolls and she bought a few odds and ends to do them a couple of days, her partner is going to try first thing tomorrow morning again.

Midloth_Iain
On 14/03/2020 at 18:34, Suso Santana said:

It's mental. The world is full of dafties, hopefully the corona virus kills them off. 

Plenty of baby wipes and kitchen roll going about. Get it up ye!

Just dont put the baby wipes down the pan or you might have a blocked drain to add to the problems.

20 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

What was 'medicated' in this stuff?

I think it was impregnated with a wee bit of disinfectant. I'm sure it had a faint smell.

Jambo-Jimbo
18 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

More stuff selling out.

Its unstoppable. 

Rationing, people might then behave responsibly, although I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

Shock horror Asda had some in this morning and folk were being respectful in how many they took.Would still have been gone in no time though 

On 14/03/2020 at 20:59, Janbo1874 said:

One way to stop this bog roll panic buying is for the shops only to stock this.

Like wiping your ring piece with broken glass.

0ed597e645029eaa1ade8aafe3024436.jpg

Is that, that nasty tracing paper popular in 1970 and 1980s public toilets?

Jambo-Jimbo
2 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Is that, that nasty tracing paper popular in 1970 and 1980s public toilets?

And schools.

Sainsburys: no online delivery slots available in the next few weeks

Tesco: 10 day wait for the nearest slot (10-11pm)

:o 

Might have to start buying The Scottish Dail Mail if I run oot of arse paper. This is real serious stuff if I have to do that...🤪🤪

4 minutes ago, micole said:

Might have to start buying The Scottish Dail Mail if I run oot of arse paper. This is real serious stuff if I have to do that...🤪🤪

I did see someone grab half a dozen Metros off the bus the other day. It makes sense now. 

Jambo-Jimbo
8 minutes ago, micole said:

Already happening Australia, extra pages being printed, they even have easy to follow cut lines.  :rofl:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/mar/05/australian-newspaper-prints-extra-pages-to-help-out-in-toilet-paper-shortage

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

19 minutes ago, micole said:

No use buying the Evening News then. It's got enough shite in it.

Jambo-Jimbo

Eggs why the feck are people panic buying eggs, it's not like they have a huge shelf life & I don't think you can freeze them.

My local co-op not an egg to be had, was told that several folks cleaned them out on Sunday, mental she said absolute mental.

I'm starting to think that some people are panic buying for the sake of panic buying, they must be in full on panic mode.

49 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

My mrs just back from Tesco.......shelves getting emptier day by day.....people urnay listening 

Same from Sainsbury's Gorgie 

Still possible to eat but very bare all over

highlandjambo3
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Same from Sainsbury's Gorgie 

Still possible to eat but very bare all over

What!! ........people getting starkers now?

30 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

What!! ........people getting starkers now?

they hope that people will throw bog roll at them to help them cover up

43 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Can't even buy strong flour. I think everyone has the same idea as me and making their own bread.

Thought you were going to suggest using flour on the starfish there

Nicholas Brody

No toilet roll or pasta in the Morrisons at Ferry road.

Barely any meat at all. Few random bits and pieces. Most of the fresh fruit and veg gone. No bloody tatties. No bread either but I managed to pick up a couple packets of tattie scones so not a total waste.

Folk are pricks.

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Nicholas Brody said:

No toilet roll or pasta in the Morrisons at Ferry road.

Barely any meat at all. Few random bits and pieces. Most of the fresh fruit and veg gone. No bloody tatties. No bread either but I managed to pick up a couple packets of tattie scones so not a total waste.

Folk are pricks.

Fruit and vegetables.

Perishable goods.

Sadly a lot of stuff will just be wasted.

Nicholas Brody
18 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Fruit and vegetables.

Perishable goods.

Sadly a lot of stuff will just be wasted.

Yep. That's exactly what I thought as I was walking around.

There was plenty cheese though.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Nicholas Brody said:

Yep. That's exactly what I thought as I was walking around.

There was plenty cheese though.

As I love cheese that's good news.

3 hours ago, graygo said:

Does anyone know if a VPN can be set to Italy?

Asking for a friend.

Yes.

Sent from my PC in Milan.

Mac_fae_Gillie

Just got home from work via Tesco, shelves are near empty on far more items than before, tinned/packet foods(rice/pasta  etc) isle was near bare, still no toilet rolls after a fortnight, even frozen foods were about 50% gone.

Its fine government and stores saying there is no need to panic but really would be nice if they just put some bog roll out for sale even the kitchen towel has all gone suggesting people are buying as alternative which is going to mean lot of blocked pipes.

132goals1958

Think I might start importing those bidet/ wash let things they have in Japan. A quick spray up the last verse and a blow dry solves the problem.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

Just got home from work via Tesco, shelves are near empty on far more items than before, tinned/packet foods(rice/pasta  etc) isle was near bare, still no toilet rolls after a fortnight, even frozen foods were about 50% gone.

Its fine government and stores saying there is no need to panic but really would be nice if they just put some bog roll out for sale even the kitchen towel has all gone suggesting people are buying as alternative which is going to mean lot of blocked pipes.

You add bloody washing up liquid to that.

my mate is a hospital surgeon - folk are now bringing in scissors to nick the anti-bac hand solutions as they had to zip tie them down. 

Takes a special type of ***** to steal from a hospital - they should use crimes like that as a cull. Just pop them in the sea about 3 miles off shore, job done. 

Jambo-Jimbo
10 minutes ago, The Brow said:

my mate is a hospital surgeon - folk are now bringing in scissors to nick the anti-bac hand solutions as they had to zip tie them down. 

Takes a special type of ***** to steal from a hospital - they should use crimes like that as a cull. Just pop them in the sea about 3 miles off shore, job done. 

There are some real despicable barstwards about, yet if they get sick they'll be the first to expect to get treatment.

But there has always been different kinds of people, as we are seeing now, some are IMO spineless selfish panic merchants who run from shop to shop grabbing every packet of pasta/rice, tins of food, toiletries etc etc etc that they can find, I've even heard from multiple sources that there are cases of people travelling many miles and virtually cleaning out small little village stores of near enough everything, feck those old folks who rely on that village store for their supplies, no as long as the me me me twats get what they want, then feck everybody else.

And then you have people who are volunteering to work and treat coronavirus patients, can you imagine that, it must take a special kind of person who willingly puts their own lives at risk, all because they want to help people, including helping the very same spineless selfish me me me twats, who will recieve the same care and attention that would be given to the rest of us.

Heroes, well I know who the real heroes are, and it certainly isn't the me me me selfish twats.

Every Tesco in Dundee has absolutely no toilet rolls, soap, pasta, rice, beans, soup, tinned vegetables, or tea (amongst other things), and it has been like this for over a week.  Additionally, last night there was no meat at all.

No one is admitting to panic buying, but everyone seems to be doing it.  A small number of people are doing the "buying 36 tins of beans and 240 toilet rolls" thing which is ridiculous, but normal people are picking up things they wouldn't usually buy, or when things are coming back into stock, they're taking 2 or 3 of them because they will be out of stock soon.  It's a natural reaction to things being in short supply/high demand, but people need to stop ****ing panicking and engage their brains before lifting more than necessary, because it's ruining it for everyone.  That sort of needless small-scale stocking up is exactly what is causing the problems with stock in shops.   You don't need to buy 3 boxes of 80 teabags, you only need 1.  You don't need to buy 4 bags of pasta, you only need 1.

It's making every day shopping a ****ing nightmare.  I really fancied making a lasagna last night, but when I got down to the shops, there was no mince, no onions, no lasagna sheets, no cheese, no tinned tomatoes, and no milk.  I ended up having sausages stuffed into a pitta bread, because it was about the only things that were left.

P.S - to the woman in Home Bargains the other day, who ran their arm along the shelves and swept the best part of 20 Carex handwashes into your trolley, I hope your next shite is a particularly jaggy hedgehog, and I hope you have no toilet roll to deal with it.

19 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I'm starting to think that some people are panic buying for the sake of panic buying, they must be in full on panic mode.

THIS!

I was in the shop in St Andrews earlier, and picked up 3 packets of Chestnut Mushrooms to throw in the soup maker later.  Immediately, 2 old women in the same aisle scuttled over and hurriedly picked up 2 packets each, and someone else came over and picked up a packet as well.

What the actual **** is going on in people's minds that they see someone pick up a few things and assume they have to have them all too!

I might go back, and start quickly filling a basket with things like Anusol and other random things, to see if I can get people to pick them up too :lol: 

6 minutes ago, tian447 said:

THIS!

I was in the shop in St Andrews earlier, and picked up 3 packets of Chestnut Mushrooms to throw in the soup maker later.  Immediately, 2 old women in the same aisle scuttled over and hurriedly picked up 2 packets each, and someone else came over and picked up a packet as well.

What the actual **** is going on in people's minds that they see someone pick up a few things and assume they have to have them all too!

I might go back, and start quickly filling a basket with things like Anusol and other random things, to see if I can get people to pick them up too :lol: 

if you do that can you film it

Jambo-Jimbo
3 minutes ago, tian447 said:

THIS!

Laxatives would be better.

The Real Maroonblood
41 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Every Tesco in Dundee has absolutely no toilet rolls, soap, pasta, rice, beans, soup, tinned vegetables, or tea (amongst other things), and it has been like this for over a week.  Additionally, last night there was no meat at all.

No one is admitting to panic buying, but everyone seems to be doing it.  A small number of people are doing the "buying 36 tins of beans and 240 toilet rolls" thing which is ridiculous, but normal people are picking up things they wouldn't usually buy, or when things are coming back into stock, they're taking 2 or 3 of them because they will be out of stock soon.  It's a natural reaction to things being in short supply/high demand, but people need to stop ****ing panicking and engage their brains before lifting more than necessary, because it's ruining it for everyone.  That sort of needless small-scale stocking up is exactly what is causing the problems with stock in shops.   You don't need to buy 3 boxes of 80 teabags, you only need 1.  You don't need to buy 4 bags of pasta, you only need 1.

It's making every day shopping a ****ing nightmare.  I really fancied making a lasagna last night, but when I got down to the shops, there was no mince, no onions, no lasagna sheets, no cheese, no tinned tomatoes, and no milk.  I ended up having sausages stuffed into a pitta bread, because it was about the only things that were left.

P.S - to the woman in Home Bargains the other day, who ran their arm along the shelves and swept the best part of 20 Carex handwashes into your trolley, I hope your next shite is a particularly jaggy hedgehog, and I hope you have no toilet roll to deal with it.

Your ps.

What absolute scumbag.

These clowns probably don’t even wash.