• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• The Real Maroonblood

• Mikey1874

• Marvin

Haha not a single loo roll left in my Asda earlier. Looks like I'm going to be doing a lot of douching for the next few months.

😬

If anything symbolises the break down of our society and community over the last forty years it is this.

If our national mentality was like this in 1940 we'd all be wearing jackboots by now.

Utterly pathetic.

I couldn't get any when I went shopping last saturday, so ordered 24 rolls from ebay. They were supposed to come on Wednesday, but haven't arrived yet. :seething:

Luckily, unknown to me, my daughter had ordered 18 online somewhere, which did come.

badge.gif

gashauskis9
14 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Strangely Scotmid on Dalry Road at 5pm last Saturday had loads. (I only bought 1).

Otherwise there's none. 

That’s the UK down to a t.  “I need to stockpile or I’ll die, but I’m not paying the prices in those wee shops”

Was in Asda earlier. The lady at checkout said umpteen pallets of toilet roll were put out at 6.30am today and by 7am they were all gone. 

Jambo-Jimbo
1 minute ago, Boris said:

If anything symbolises the break down of our society and community over the last forty years it is this.

If our national mentality was like this in 1940 we'd all be wearing jackboots by now.

Utterly pathetic.

Absolutely spot on.

The me me me I'm alright Jack attitude shown by many is utterly disgusting, and I totally agree that if this lot had been alive in 1940 German would be the only language spoken now.

Heard an interview on the TV earlier with an English teacher based in Sardinia, she said that the young are helping the older folks, the shops are all well stocked, nobody is panic buying because everybody realises that they are all in this together.

Compare that community spirit to that of the UK where it's all about me me me.

Oh, and don't get me started on the pure scum who are nicking hand sanitizer & loo rolls from Hospitals, the lowest of the lowest scum bags is what they are.

Jambo-Jimbo
4 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

That’s the UK down to a t.  “I need to stockpile or I’ll die, but I’m not paying the prices in those wee shops”

My local Premier Store had a couple of 2 pack's of Andrex yesterday.

And Asda in Galashiels had plenty of the £3 bottles of hand wash, strangley none of the £1 bottles were left. :interehjrling:

Jambo-Jimbo
5 minutes ago, kila said:

There's still plenty kitchen roll

🤷‍♂️

Or the shower, it can be used as a bidet if need be.

gashauskis9

I wonder how many of them are wiping the trolleys down before they fill them with toilet rolls and hand wash. Doubt it.

Better call Saul
24 minutes ago, kila said:

There's still plenty kitchen roll

🤷‍♂️

But I have a sensitive bottom I don't like the rough stuff 🤪

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

My local Premier Store had a couple of 2 pack's of Andrex yesterday.

And Asda in Galashiels had plenty of the £3 bottles of hand wash, strangley none of the £1 bottles were left. :interehjrling:

Surely the pale merks would need to handwash even more what with having to empty the pale after each jobby.

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Absolutely spot on.

The me me me I'm alright Jack attitude shown by many is utterly disgusting, and I totally agree that if this lot had been alive in 1940 German would be the only language spoken now.

Heard an interview on the TV earlier with an English teacher based in Sardinia, she said that the young are helping the older folks, the shops are all well stocked, nobody is panic buying because everybody realises that they are all in this together.

Compare that community spirit to that of the UK where it's all about me me me.

Oh, and don't get me started on the pure scum who are nicking hand sanitizer & loo rolls from Hospitals, the lowest of the lowest scum bags is what they are.

Sure, lets just ignore facts.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2010/aug/29/blitz-london-crime-flourish-blackout

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-33566789

Crime rose during the war.

The new Dad's Army movie shines a light on the selfless volunteers who pulled together to defend the UK from the threat of Nazi invasion. But not everyone was necessarily in it together. Despite the Blitz spirit of World War Two, crime rose from 303,771 offences in 1939 to 478,000 in 1945. Why?

In regards to rationing.

Perhaps nothing encapsulated the ideal of an "all in it together" wartime attitude than rationing, which required everyone to make sacrifices in order to ensure there was enough to go around.

But the system was abused - and disputes could even lead to murder.

An aircraft gunner at an aerodrome camp in the north of England was accused of shooting and killing a superior officer after the pair had argued over rations in March 1944.

"He asked for it," the Birmingham Mail reported witnesses hearing the killer say.

The use of the black market - as embodied by the spiv Private Walker in Dad's Army - was widespread amid the constraints of rationing and some sought to fiddle the system, much in the way benefits cheats operate today.

One woman in Hartlepool was fined £160 in 1940 after using four ration books to get food for her family of three. Her 15-year-old son had accidentally been sent a child's book and an adult's and she used both for six months to obtain extra supplies.

She claimed she thought the extra rations were because her son was a "big schoolboy", the Northern Echo reported.

People were also caught using ration books belonging to elderly relatives who had died, while others simply swapped any rations they did not want with their neighbours.

Several London hotels were fined in 1941 for illegally buying "at least" 150,000 eggs from a black market dealer from Folkestone.

The hotels, which had paid up to twice the controlled price for the eggs, said they were "desperate to feed the guests".

The dealer was sentenced to three months' hard labour.

More 'back in the day' delusions.

Салатные палочки

My local Tesco was low yesterday. We managed to get our usual 24 pack though (which we would have been buying anyway). Asda had none today and also had no pasta. Flour was also low for some mad reason.

My GF works in that Tesco and  her colleague said to her that over the last week they have taken in more than they did at Christmas and New Year. 

People need to take a good look at themselves. Embarrassing behaviour. 

Салатные палочки

Baby wipes were really low also apparently due to people not being able to buy toilet roll. **** the babies as long as you can all wipe your fat arses. 

2 hours ago, Ferris Bueller said:

But I have a sensitive bottom I don't like the rough stuff 🤪

Buy some kitchen roll and use the receipt. :D

Anyone willing to admit they are panic buying? 

Just in Tesco, hardengreen. No toilet roll, many shelves empty. 

Thing is, looking about I don't see anyone with lots of one thing.. 

Is there some supermarket conspiracy to leave shelves empty to wind up the public to panic buy more? 

1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

Baby wipes were really low also apparently due to people not being able to buy toilet roll. **** the babies as long as you can all wipe your fat arses. 

Plumbers will love that... blocked pipes everywhere..

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, southcap said:

Sure, lets just ignore facts.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2010/aug/29/blitz-london-crime-flourish-blackout

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-33566789

Crime rose during the war.

In regards to rationing.

More 'back in the day' delusions.

Was well aware about crime during the war etc etc, but I wasn't on about that, in fact nobody mentioned crime during the war, apart from you, and just what has rationing got to do with the lack of bog rolls in the shops just now or more importantly the scummy little turds who are stealing bog rolls and hand sanitizers from hospitals today.

Back in the day delusions, just how old do think I am?

Jambo-Jimbo
4 minutes ago, jumpship said:

Is there some supermarket conspiracy to leave shelves empty to wind up the public to panic buy more? 

I think it's so widespread that they are struggling to re-supply everywhere at once, so some shops get supplies and others don't, not this time anyway.

The local shop has packs of them stacked high..really can't understand this nonsense

One of these fake news stories in the beginning that has spread like wildfire and people have believed it was true and here we are

the fake news has caused the great loo roll crisis

3 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

The local shop has packs of them stacked high..really can't understand this nonsense

One of these fake news stories in the beginning that has spread like wildfire and people have believed it was true and here we are

yesterday in my local morrisons there was only a small number of andrex left, no other bog roll on the shelves. so not fake news, just maybe not as widespread as reported. but panic buying of it is happening

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Was well aware about crime during the war etc etc, but I wasn't on about that, in fact nobody mentioned crime during the war, apart from you, and just what has rationing got to do with the lack of bog rolls in the shops just now or more importantly the scummy little turds who are stealing bog rolls and hand sanitizers from hospitals today.

Back in the day delusions, just how old do think I am?

I was obviously pointing out that people were no more 'in it together' back then than we are now.

People, en masse, always have been and always will be capable of panic and greed and general shity behaviour.

It's not a generation thing.

'Back in the day' is a general phrase used when people lament modern times and think the past was somewhat rosier on a social scale. It never wasl

Suso Santana

It's mental. The world is full of dafties, hopefully the corona virus kills them off. 

Plenty of baby wipes and kitchen roll going about. Get it up ye!

20 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

yesterday in my local morrisons there was only a small number of andrex left, no other bog roll on the shelves. so not fake news, just maybe not as widespread as reported. but panic buying of it is happening

Read the post again

I stated it started as fake news and the idiots latched on as if it was true..it has become self fulfilling due to those idiots and if you are one I stand by that..and that is not personal but anyone reading the post

No dispute that the idiots are continuing to panic buy but there is no reason to do so unless you think people and families need 48 rolls to cover their one week of self isolation

Edited by CJGJ

42 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Started in Australia a good bit before us. Panic travels it seems.

56 minutes ago, jumpship said:

I was in there an hour and half before you. I must have looked pretty smug passing the empty toilet roll (and kitchen roll) aisle, thinking of my supply at home.

There was a solitary small tin of own brand baked beans. lying on it's side on an otherwise empty shelf. I sat it upright, but didn't have the heart to take it.

Jambo-Jimbo
1 minute ago, FWJ said:

Only if you’re good at handstands.

Put the shower head on the floor and squat, works for me, especially when I've a severe case of baboon arse. 👍

The toilet roll thing is funny...

" I've had to self isolate"

"Oh no, what are you going to do"

"Its fine, I bought 40 rolls of toilet paper, I'm just going to sit on the pan for 7 days"

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Put the shower head on the floor and squat, works for me, especially when I've a severe case of baboon arse. 👍

Mate, I’ve just had my tea....

Did the big bog-roll crisis not start in Australia because someone said all theirs came from China, so there’d be a shortage.

So, like viruses, stupid rumours speed around the globe.

(I was in a Tesco in Perth today and there was no bog roll, no dried pasta and no LemSip/ paracetamol).  Loads of other stuff though.  Dunno why dried pasta is a thing but not rice, lentils, beans etc.  Shelves full of pasta sauces too????

Edited by FWJ

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, southcap said:

I was obviously pointing out that people were no more 'in it together' back then than we are now.

People, en masse, always have been and always will be capable of panic and greed and general shity behaviour.

It's not a generation thing.

'Back in the day' is a general phrase used when people lament modern times and think the past was somewhat rosier on a social scale. It never wasl

In it together was what the woman was saying about the attitude in Sardinia, not the UK, and I clearly stated that it was Sardinia.

I agree, people always panic, that's why governments only tell joe public what it thinks they can handle.

'Back in the day' were things better, that's debatable, however we never had the scourge of drugs, you could leave your door unlocked, even open and nothing would get nicked, hell you even knew who your neighbours were, can't say the same nowadays.

So yeh, some things were much much better, I think we have lost a lot of community spirit and generally just helping people, and I think society is all the poorer for it.

22 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Did the big bog-roll crisis not start in Australia because someone said all theirs came from China, so there’d be a shortage.

So, like viruses, stupid rumours speed around the globe.

(I was in a Tesco in Perth today and there was no bog roll, no dried pasta and no LemSip/ paracetamol).  Loads of other stuff though.  Dunno why dried pasta is a thing but not rice, lentils, beans etc.  Shelves full of pasta sauces too????

Wife went to Asda today no pasta but she came home with rice.She said the same thing as you have just said do folk not eat rice.She didn't go mad though and bring a shelve home with her.

Whenever one of us is out in about we are just picking up a few things here and there that have a long shelf life.

Went into Hills at Haymarket today, went to get toilet paper to blow nose, none, or in Platform pub cubicle....  Walked to Tesco, got kitchen roll but shelf looking empty...  5 items or less sign.

Things are looking grim, but at least the leccy/lights/TV are still on.  :)

Ricardo Shillyshally

It's quite heartening in these troubled time, when we need to be reminded to wash our hands, that the country is still very much pro-wipe, when it comes to matters of the bahookie.

#proudwiper

Jambo-Jimbo
8 minutes ago, hueyview said:

Went into Hills at Haymarket today, went to get toilet paper to blow nose, none, or in Platform pub cubicle....  Walked to Tesco, got kitchen roll but shelf looking empty...  5 items or less sign.

Things are looking grim, but at least the leccy/lights/TV are still on.  :)

Naw mate, every shop I've been in still has plenty of beer, it's no that grim, yet.

2 hours ago, jumpship said:

We've done some good stocking up on things, ensuring we have enough to go without shopping for 2 weeks in case we need to isolate. Not bought any bread,  a couple of bags of flour and some yeast. A few tins of soup and beans. Some UHT milk. We will. Ow just carry on with a normal shop each week but rotate stock. Also got plenty of emergency cider as well, just in case.

Jambo-Jimbo

Just been up into the attic, as I just remembered something.

Anyone remember years ago Andrex had travel bog rolls, think they were around in the 90's.

We take them on holiday, perfect size to fit in a bag or even a pocket, just never know when they come in handy, anyway we bought loads of them back in the 90's when they were getting discontinued, think Tesco was selling them for something like 30p a roll, might even have been cheaper, can't remember how many we bought, but.............

I've still got 28 rolls left. :sweeet:

6 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Just been up into the attic, as I just remembered something.

Anyone remember years ago Andrex had travel bog rolls, think they were around in the 90's.

We take them on holiday, perfect size to fit in a bag or even a pocket, just never know when they come in handy, anyway we bought loads of them back in the 90's when they were getting discontinued, think Tesco was selling them for something like 30p a roll, might even have been cheaper, can't remember how many we bought, but.............

I've still got 28 rolls left. :sweeet:

Get them on Ebay and retire on the profits.

Jambo-Jimbo
5 minutes ago, superjack said:

Get them on Ebay and retire on the profits.

Somebody's selling them for £4.99 a roll, I've just had a look.

I wouldn't do that, I'll keep them for me & the wife, as said we always take 5 or 6 rolls on every holiday, you'd be surprised how many times toilets don't have any paper, especially smaller resturants or bars.