Ideas to fill the time

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bazzas right boot

Gonna be a spike in births In 9 month's time. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• sadj

• Suso Santana

• SMJ_1874

2 hours ago, sadj said:

? shouldn’t be , MLB has shut down spring training and delayed the start of the season by minimum 2weeks

Just watching the cubs and the giants from Scottsdale. 8k fans in attendance. Maybe it’s from last week then but it’s definitely on tv now 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
50 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Ok. I'll do the BBQ you bring the beer.

:)

Great idea 

2 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Just watching the cubs and the giants from Scottsdale. 8k fans in attendance. Maybe it’s from last week then but it’s definitely on tv now 

They cancelled Spring Training on Thursday or Friday , We (Red Sox) are awful so been paying little attention but I got an email from the Sox about it and the delay. Players got the choice of where they want to be. Some of the teams players are remaining at their Spring Training cities , others have gone to their team home city and some have gone to their offseason homes.

2 hours ago, sadj said:

They cancelled Spring Training on Thursday or Friday , We (Red Sox) are awful so been paying little attention but I got an email from the Sox about it and the delay. Players got the choice of where they want to be. Some of the teams players are remaining at their Spring Training cities , others have gone to their team home city and some have gone to their offseason homes.

Yeh I googled it Sadj. I’m a pirates fan so couple this with things down Gorgie way and you can see why I drink lol. Pirates have been bad for years. Was over in Pittsburgh the last time they made the playoffs and the place was buzzing. Sadly you’ll see flying pigs before the buccos get back anytime soon 

10 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Yeh I googled it Sadj. I’m a pirates fan so couple this with things down Gorgie way and you can see why I drink lol. Pirates have been bad for years. Was over in Pittsburgh the last time they made the playoffs and the place was buzzing. Sadly you’ll see flying pigs before the buccos get back anytime soon 

Add in the NFL and im a Dolphins fan so your liver has my full sympathy 😂

9 hours ago, sadj said:

Add in the NFL and im a Dolphins fan so your liver has my full sympathy 😂

And you have my sympathies being a dolphins fan.  Dan Marino, local Pittsburgh boy, was passed over by the Steelers due to his widely known drug habit in Pitt college. They wanted him but thought he’d be too much to handle. He then went on to prove everyone wrong and became probably the greatest QB never to have won or played in a SB

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Schools are still open. Could hing aboot them

you sure they are open?

some of the posts on here suggest they are shut

9 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

you sure they are open?

some of the posts on here suggest they are shut

Yeah defo. I can see in the windae

alwaysthereinspirit
On 13/03/2020 at 18:46, Sir Gio said:

Any suggestions,  since my free time largely revolves around sports. 

YouTube retro matches to break up hoovering cleaning etc.

Might have to start reading beyond Kickback 

😀

I've been teaching my daughter (home from college) how to play Cribbage. 

Taken the dog for longer walks than normal.

Lots of You Tube.

My oldest daughter just gave birth to our first grandchild and we cant visit him in hospital as there are no visitors allowed. This has my wife on edge to say the least. Hence the long dog walks.

All bars are now closed here in Ma. for the forseeable future. I guess in the big picture sporting events being cancelled are the least of our worries.

Stay well everyone.

alwaysthereinspirit
3 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

And you have my sympathies being a dolphins fan.  Dan Marino, local Pittsburgh boy, was passed over by the Steelers due to his widely known drug habit in Pitt college. They wanted him but thought he’d be too much to handle. He then went on to prove everyone wrong and became probably the greatest QB never to have won or played in a SB

He did manage to play in one. His second year in the league. Many thought it would be his first of many. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I've been teaching my daughter (home from college) how to play Cribbage. 

Taken the dog for longer walks than normal.

Lots of You Tube.

My oldest daughter just gave birth to our first grandchild and we cant visit him in hospital as there are no visitors allowed. This has my wife on edge to say the least. Hence the long dog walks.

All bars are now closed here in Ma. for the forseeable future. I guess in the big picture sporting events being cancelled are the least of our worries.

Stay well everyone.

15 2 15 4 15 6 and one for his nibs :)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

It’s not been easy. As smart as she is......😜

Many a wet day in a caravan! Not the easiest game to catch onto, a lot of rain on a caravan site does help though :)

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Many a wet day in a caravan! Not the easiest game to catch onto, a lot of rain on a caravan site does help though :)

Arbroath , Alford or Lossiemouth...canna see you Aberdonians travelling much further , luckily you broke the mould when you grew up a jambo so trips to the US etc later in life didn’t give ya nose bleeds 😉

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, sadj said:

Arbroath , Alford or Lossiemouth...canna see you Aberdonians travelling much further , luckily you broke the mould when you grew up a jambo so trips to the US etc later in life didn’t give ya nose bleeds 😉

Well that's where you are wrong!!!

The miles my old man towed that thing never ceases to amaze me to this day. 

Always led to a scrap in the back seat with my brother 

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Well that's where you are wrong!!!

The miles my old man towed that thing never ceases to amaze me to this day. 

Always led to a scrap in the back seat with my brother 

Ahhh so Haggerston Castle 👍🏻

Thats because you were trying to beat it into him to support a decent team wasn’t it....

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Ahhh so Haggerston Castle 👍🏻

Thats because you were trying to beat it into him to support a decent team wasn’t it....

Believe it or not he towed all the way from Aberdeen to Torquay one year. 

Kent and Bath 2 other ridiculous trips he pulled off. Thing nearly blew over on the Bath trip  :lol:

7 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

He did manage to play in one. His second year in the league. Many thought it would be his first of many. 

My mistake. Hadn’t researched properly. I’ve a few friends from Pittsburgh and he was a top college prospect but his partying put many teams off. Shame that he never won a SB when you think of some of the average players that have SB rings. To illustrate a point, Bubbly Brister won two as a back up to John Elway.  

alwaysthereinspirit
21 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

My mistake. Hadn’t researched properly. I’ve a few friends from Pittsburgh and he was a top college prospect but his partying put many teams off. Shame that he never won a SB when you think of some of the average players that have SB rings. To illustrate a point, Bubbly Brister won two as a back up to John Elway.  

Great player with a legend coach. Just bad timing I guess when you look at the AFC around his time.

1 minute ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Great player with a legend coach. Just bad timing I guess when you look at the AFC around his time.

Yes they would be in the mix every year if they were around this time. Not too many challengers from the AFC just now.  Patrick Mahones is a top franchise QB and if they can keep him healthy, then I fear the chiefs will rule the roost for the foreseeable future. 

alwaysthereinspirit
Just now, Saughton Jambo said:

Yes they would be in the mix every year if they were around this time. Not too many challengers from the AFC just now.  Patrick Mahones is a top franchise QB and if they can keep him healthy, then I fear the chiefs will rule the roost for the foreseeable future. 

Elway and Kelly certainly didn't help matters.

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Schools are still open. Could hing aboot them

You just continuing as normal then? 😂😂