A blessing in disguise?

The Verminator

The Verminator

Now that football has been suspended, is this a blessing in disguise?

Means DS will get to spend a lot of time with the players, drilling his ideas into them, providing of course that they are actually allowed to train.

Definitely entering new territory here!

The Verminator
Just now, karipidis said:

Will he get to spend much time with them?Imagine training will stop very soon.

Aww c`mon, I`m trying to shed some light on a rather depressing scene!

Italian Lambretta

The only blessing in disguise is that we dont have to watch this bunch of losers getting continually pished on by scummy wee teams with a fraction of our budget

The Verminator
2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Sibbick and Boyce should at least be fully fit by the time we get back.

See, that`s what I like - positivity!

4 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Aaaah! But what about Haring?  I suspect he's long gone.

1 minute ago, Tasavallan said:

Aaaah! But what about Haring?  I suspect he's long gone.

Kind of forgot about him in all honesty 😐😁

highlandjambo3
14 minutes ago, The Verminator said:

Means DS will get to spend a lot of time with the players, drilling his ideas into them, providing of course that they are actually allowed to train.

No he won’t......... next likely scenario.....a player/staff will become infected and everyone will go to into lockdown....... I’ve already filled my garage with noodles & baked beans......2years worth.

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

The only blessing in disguise is that we dont have to watch this bunch of losers getting continually pished on by scummy wee teams with a fraction of our budget

nailed it.. sick of the lot of them tbh

The Verminator
1 minute ago, highlandjambo3 said:

No he won’t......... next likely scenario.....a player/staff will become infected and everyone will go to into lockdown....... I’ve already filled my garage with noodles & baked beans......2years worth.

Schoolboy error - garage full of beans and no loo roll??

highlandjambo3
2 minutes ago, The Verminator said:

Schoolboy error - garage full of beans and no loo roll??

Dam..... knew I’d missed something 

9 minutes ago, Five to One said:

I’m not sure a global pandemic can be described as a blessing in any way, shape or form. 

If it means our pathetic spineless team of a number of years now, are saved of a deserved relegation, then I politely disagree!! 

jamboiain13
49 minutes ago, The Verminator said:

he's already had 3 months ffs!

The Verminator
2 minutes ago, jamboiain13 said:

he's already had 3 months ffs!

Yeah but he has had matches to prepare for as well - now he can just concentrate on trying to get his message across fully - or maybe I`m just clutching at straws

glynnlondon
1 minute ago, weehammy said:

Much more concerned about our own health (as oldies), that of our family and potential cancellation of much needed holidays later in the year.

Not really bothered what happens at Hearts right now such is the apathy that the last three years has left me with.

Stay safe mate

55 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

And walker will be out of the tunnel that is the first couple weeks of being a new parent. I’d imagine he’ll be getting more sleep etc when games restart. 

Maybe donis will be settled/fit and seem like a new signing? 

44 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Nature is trying her hardest to save HMFC this season.

Ah, Mother nature, you can't keep the Great Spirit down, she takes care of her own.  She must be a Jambo. 😍

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 hours ago, The Verminator said:

In what way is it in disguise? :rofl:

We are utter shit and going down, with the biggest loser of an owner we have ever had. If somehow we escape, this will be divine intervention.

3 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

You forgot the bit about while some half wit supporters blame the manager for the same bunch of losers continuing to be losers whilst on manager number three this season.

3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

It's not even in disguise.  It's standing there stark bollock naked with it's willie oot.

A blessing in Salmond's clothing?

Seymour M Hersh
10 minutes ago, Victorian said:

A blessing in Salmond's clothing?

He must be thanking his lucky stars that CoVid19 has pushed his trial down to "and in other news". 

upgotheheads
4 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Aye he’s only had four months so far and it’s going great.  

To be fair they're going better than the 4 months before.

If there isn't any games for a long period of time will there be any training taking place or will teams just be expected to come back and play at the drop of a hat.

If it's the latter surely teams will be rusty as hell and it will add another dimension to the final push as players won't be match fit.

1 hour ago, Bluesy1874 said:

If there isn't any games for a long period of time will there be any training taking place or will teams just be expected to come back and play at the drop of a hat.

If it's the latter surely teams will be rusty as hell and it will add another dimension to the final push as players won't be match fit.

Totally agree. 

WheatfieldWarrior
8 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

It's not even in disguise.  It's standing there stark bollock naked with it's willie oot.

There's eve a wee bow tied on it.

8 hours ago, The Verminator said:

See, that`s what I like - positivity!

Unfortunately the same goes for the other teams around us, Hamilton for example . We already seem to struggle against them as it is, I can't imagine how much more pain they would inflict upon us with a full squad to pick from 😭

alicante jambo
15 hours ago, milky_26 said:

we thought this about the st mirren postponement and look at how that turned out

Exactly this. Could not help but think the great man above was shining some light on us. But feck me imagine us being saved due to a virus. I thought we broke hibs in 2012 but this would utterly destroy them .

ScandinavianJambo
16 hours ago, Five to One said:

I’m not sure a global pandemic can be described as a blessing in any way, shape or form. 

Thankfully you said it. People dying versus Hearts (awful) predicament is really not a blessing....

13 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

In what way is it in disguise? :rofl:

We are utter shit and going down, with the biggest loser of an owner we have ever had. If somehow we escape, this will be divine intervention.

Not sure why you're supposedly rolling on your back laughing. 

A "blessing in disguise" is a patently legitimate phrase to use.

Edited by Hearts_fan

17 hours ago, Five to One said:

It’s all relative.

Hectormasson
18 hours ago, The Verminator said:

If season end s up a null and void,   the Tim's will get the title,  we will be relegated utd will come up ,that will be it ! Shitest if scenarios but more than likely too true .......

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Hearts_fan said:

Not sure why you're supposedly rolling on your back laughing. 

A "blessing in disguise" is a patently legitimate phrase to use.

No it’s not. Where’s the disguise?

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No it’s not. Where’s the disguise?

The OP suggested this situation could be a blessing in disguise for Hearts. 

The "blessing" for Hearts' prospects – as he or she suggested – could be that this delay to the football season could provide an opportunity for Hearts to re-group and re-start in better form.

The "disguise" – need it be pointed out – is that this delay is a result of a global health pandemic, so while it's a pretty shit situation (to put it very mildly), there could indirect "blessings" to be found within it. 

A "blessing in disguise" is a very simple turn of phrase, that's all it is: a phrase to demonstrate an idea.

To try to dismantle the semantics of it with an emoji in an attempt to ridicule someone's perfectly legitimate comments is more than a little bit cringeworthy.

Robbo-Jambo
22 hours ago, Dayman said:

And walker will be out of the tunnel that is the first couple weeks of being a new parent. I’d imagine he’ll be getting more sleep etc when games restart. 

Maybe donis will be settled/fit and seem like a new signing? 

Thought that was baby no. 2

So the players have been told no gym, no cinema, no restaurants etc etc. They’ve to stay away from anywhere groups of people gather. Training as normal until anyone shows signs of the infection. Is what I’ve heard. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
On 14/03/2020 at 11:39, Hearts_fan said:

The OP suggested this situation could be a blessing in disguise for Hearts. 

The "blessing" for Hearts' prospects – as he or she suggested – could be that this delay to the football season could provide an opportunity for Hearts to re-group and re-start in better form.

The "disguise" – need it be pointed out – is that this delay is a result of a global health pandemic, so while it's a pretty shit situation (to put it very mildly), there could indirect "blessings" to be found within it. 

A "blessing in disguise" is a very simple turn of phrase, that's all it is: a phrase to demonstrate an idea.

To try to dismantle the semantics of it with an emoji in an attempt to ridicule someone's perfectly legitimate comments is more than a little bit cringeworthy.

There is no disguise mate. Give it up

On 13/03/2020 at 15:30, The Verminator said:

If it lasts long enough how many of the impostors will go out of contract?   There are several players who have done nothing to suggest they deserve a new contract