Scottish Football officially suspended

Alva-Jambo

13 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

0.1 % vs 3.4% big difference I’m afraid.

just this

it would be really good if certain posters, who come on here to talk nonsense about football, would refrain from talking nonsense about public health as well.

I implore all of out listeners to pay attention to doctors and scientists on this issue, and to ignore online bs. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• IveSeenTheLight

• ...a bit disco

• Mikey1874

The Natural Order

Lets face it, you risk getting worse every time you go to Easter Road so everyone just man up and get on with it.

1 hour ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

You do know, don't you that a factoid is a different animal from a fact?

"...fact is something that can be or has been proved to be undoubtedly true, whereas, a factoid is something that appears to be true but isn't."

Yes, "COVID-19 the virus" is the factoid.

1 hour ago, 77Mackay77 said:

Death rates are no different to the flu and that has a vaccine. 

What a very rude, ignorant and thoughtless post you have made.

Absolute shame on you.

My hospital had an hour long briefing yesterday from the hospital GM, WA health department and department of epidemiology.

They're telling us that they've never seen anything like this before in terms of contagiousness from a respiratory infection. There is a low death rate in healthy younger adults and children don't seem to be affected.

Over 70s and above, the death rate increases exponentially.

They're starting fever clinics in every primary hospital car park, away from ED and they expect the infection rate to rise massively as it enters phase 2 of it's cycle in 4-6 weeks.

They've made plans to expand our morgue and all clinical staff on non clinical projects are being given notice of a recall to frontline clinical duty.

They wouldn't speculate on death numbers but they expect it to be substantial. They also expect a large percentage of staff to become infected.

Australia may be preparing differently to the UK, but this is what ED staff are being told over here. Might turn out to be another swine flu but I've never seen anything like this in terms of preparation and organisational changes and I've been a front line healthcare worker for 20 years. 

Suso Santana

The minute football matches get called off, we should be worried. 

Thankfully i'm a member of the majestic 12 and have an underground bunker full of alcohol and smoked salmon. 

8 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

Thankfully i'm a member of the majestic 12 and have an underground bunker full of alcohol and smoked salmon. 

I’ll be right round.

Can I bring beer?

12 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I’ll be right round.

Can I bring beer?

I've got some beautiful smoked venison and a cask strength Glen Ord malt, oh and some beautiful hand dived scallops. What time do you want us ?

Suso Santana
2 minutes ago, whodanny said:

I've got some beautiful smoked venison and a cask strength Glen Ord malt, oh and some beautiful hand dived scallops. What time do you want us ?

Nah mate, we cannae just let anybody in. Feck knows where you've been. 

Just now, Suso Santana said:

Nah mate, we cannae just let anybody in. Feck knows where you've been. 

Well, mainly Tynecastle Park, sadly I wasn't at Fester the other night, but I would be concerned about the health of those who were, corona virus or not. Never know what might be lurking in that shite hole.

7 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

Corona?

What else?

6 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Tomorrow morning, around 9.00am?

I realise that’s a bit late for you to start drinking Danny, but it’s probably the earliest I can make it.

3 hours ago, Longshanks said:

Well we are a few weeks behind Italy and they are playing games behind closed doors.  It is certainly possible we will go down that route.

Scottish cup semi final at an empty Hampden? 

That will give the vermin an advantage. They're used to playing in front of empty seats.

Suso Santana

You need a top secret clearance pass to get into the bunker. 

Unfortunately we can no longer accept the secret hand shake. 

3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

What else?

Tomorrow morning, around 9.00am?

I realise that’s a bit late for you to start drinking Danny, but it’s probably the earliest I can make it.

Feckin' part timer. 😉

2 hours ago, jimbo99 said:

Are you Donald Trump?
There is nowhere near enough data to make such definitive statements.
You are spouting uninformed garbage.

58 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

0.1 % vs 3.4% big difference I’m afraid.

Both wrong i’m afraid. And i’m not uninformed, far far from it. There are suspected to be thousands of people who have had the virus that have not been tested and recorded as having had it because the virus in many cases causes very few symptoms or problems. 

1 minute ago, whodanny said:

Feckin' part timer. 😉

Righto!

7.30am in your shed.

Cool?

45 minutes ago, Morgan said:

What a very rude, ignorant and thoughtless post you have made.

Absolute shame on you.

It’s neither ignorant or thoughtless. It’s a factual comment. Yes of course it’s not nice when anyone dies from coronavirus or flu or any illness or even old age and it’s  horrible for their friends and families. That surely goes without saying. 

But the fact of the matter is that this hysteria around covid-19 is just that, hysteria. 

Edited by 77Mackay77

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Righto!

7.30am in your shed.

Cool?

Sorted !  I'll just start now to make sure everything is up to top standard. I've already opened a 10yo Jura to watch Question Time. It's all about corona virus, but they haven't mentioned anything about beer, salmon, venison, single malt, scallops or sheds yet, but they're bound to at some point.

41 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

My hospital had an hour long briefing yesterday from the hospital GM, WA health department and department of epidemiology.

They're telling us that they've never seen anything like this before in terms of contagiousness from a respiratory infection. There is a low death rate in healthy younger adults and children don't seem to be affected.

Over 70s and above, the death rate increases exponentially.

They're starting fever clinics in every primary hospital car park, away from ED and they expect the infection rate to rise massively as it enters phase 2 of it's cycle in 4-6 weeks.

They've made plans to expand our morgue and all clinical staff on non clinical projects are being given notice of a recall to frontline clinical duty.

They wouldn't speculate on death numbers but they expect it to be substantial. They also expect a large percentage of staff to become infected.

Australia may be preparing differently to the UK, but this is what ED staff are being told over here. Might turn out to be another swine flu but I've never seen anything like this in terms of preparation and organisational changes and I've been a front line healthcare worker for 20 years. 

Interesting. Quite a different approach being taken over here.

2 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Sorted !  I'll just start now to make sure everything is up to top standard. I've already opened a 10yo Jura to watch Question Time. It's all about corona virus, but they haven't mentioned anything about beer, salmon, venison, single malt, scallops or sheds yet, but they're bound to at some point.

See you the morns morn.

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, 77Mackay77 said:

Both wrong i’m afraid. And i’m not uninformed, far far from it. There are suspected to be thousands of people who have had the virus that have not been tested and recorded as having had it because the virus in many cases causes very few symptoms or problems. 

you are wrong.. WHO says 3.4%. You are quoting Donald trump and internet rumours. It may be a bit less becuase of unreported cases but not 34 times less

you genuinely believe that countries would be going to these lengths, costing the world economy hundreds of billions, of it were no worse than the flu. 

Just now, Morgan said:

See you the morns morn.

Yup !  I might have bother seeing you though, if I don't let up on this Jura 😄.

King Of The Cat Cafe
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

you are wrong.. WHO says 3.4%. You are quoting Donald trump and internet rumours. It may be a bit less becuase of unreported cases but not 34 times less

you genuinely believe that countries would be going to these lengths, costing the world economy hundreds of billions, of it were no worse than the flu. 

Donald Trump does not believe WHO.  Mind you,  he may have been more believable himself if he had the strength of his convictions to make those comments in Wuhan.

1 hour ago, Barack said:

It's always the good ones. :(

Fortunately...it's you though. So...

:jjyay:

Cheers for the sympathy ya dick 🖕🏻🖕🏻

:D

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’m not aware of what Donald trump has said on it. 

A recent teport/study suggests it is lower than 1.5% and the Who have said they suspect there are a lot of unreported cases that are not being accounted for.

They are going to this trouble because it is a new virus and it is containable, while the flu already has vaccines and is not containable. The hysteria has gone way to far had genuinely has people scared and they shouldn’t be.

The flu kills hundreds of thousands of people every year but we don’t shut everything down and panic buy.

Anyway i’m done debating this. It will be yesterday news within a matter of weeks.

Just now, Irufushi said:

Sick of hearing about this Coronavirus. 

You're sick ?  I think you better self isolate mate, just to be on the safe side, there's a good lad.:thumbsup:

Enzo Chiefo

Given the fact that the worldwide total number of cases  is around 100k cases and, possibly past it's peak in China, the idea that there will be 40/50 million cases in an island nation like the UK is bonkers. Clearly they want to change the hygiene habits of many but forecasting  80% of the population being infected, when other worse affected countries are at 0.005% helps nobody.

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

3 minutes ago, 77Mackay77 said:

I’m not aware of what Donald trump has said on it. 

A recent teport/study suggests it is lower than 1.5% and the Who have said they suspect there are a lot of unreported cases that are not being accounted for.

They are going to this trouble because it is a new virus and it is containable, while the flu already has vaccines and is not containable. The hysteria has gone way to far had genuinely has people scared and they shouldn’t be.

The flu kills hundreds of thousands of people every year but we don’t shut everything down and panic buy.

Anyway i’m done debating this. It will be yesterday news within a matter of weeks.

Do you work in epidemiology or healthcare? 

This is completely different from the flu because there are no vaccines, it's way more deadly to older people, children are barely affected, nobody has immunity and nobody really understands the pathogen and why it is more contagious than other droplet respiratory system ailments.

I wasn't fully aware of how seriously the Australian government are taking this until yesterday. The government official said information that they had a few days ago now seems to be completely wrong and understanding of the pathogen changes rapidly with more research and cases.

The stupidity and selfishness on display on this thread is staggering, but not exactly surprising when you consider that a shitload of society are both stupid and selfish.

I'm just glad that the response to this self-evidently dangerous virus is being managed by experts in public health and not by a couple of planks off Kickback who think it's acceptable to write-off the lives of sick and elderly people because doing so is a lot less intellectually demanding than actually dealing with the ****ing science.

I can't answer the op but It'll depend on so much.

Here's a quote from an article from the link.

Again loads of uncertainties so who or WHO knows?

I like others have a vested interest but not to same degree as some on here..

"If borne out by further testing, this could mean that current estimates of a roughly 1% fatality rate are accurate. This would make Covid-19 about 10 times more deadly than seasonal flu, which is estimated to kill between 290,000 and 650,000 people a year globally ".

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/05/has-covid-19-mutated-into-a-more-deadly-strain-busting-the-coronavirus-myths

12 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Sick of hearing about this Coronavirus. 

Why are you reading about it then?

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Do you work in epidemiology or healthcare? 

This is completely different from the flu because there are no vaccines, it's way more deadly to older people, children are barely affected, nobody has immunity and nobody really understands the pathogen and why it is more contagious than other droplet respiratory system ailments.

I wasn't fully aware of how seriously the Australian government are taking this until yesterday. The government official said information that they had a few days ago now seems to be completely wrong and understanding of the pathogen changes rapidly with more research and cases.

It must be different by states as well then.

17 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

It must be different by states as well then.

Our guys could be going way OTT.  Guess we'll find out.

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Our guys could be going way OTT.  Guess we'll find out.

I'm basing it on what my missus has told me. Her ward is paeds general medical and adjoins the cancer centre so obviously anyone with symptoms in that ward would be bad.

7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'm basing it on what my missus has told me. Her ward is paeds general medical and adjoins the cancer centre so obviously anyone with symptoms in that ward would be bad.

Big time.

Retirement communities and care homes could be affected terribly. 

Ibrahim Tall
41 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Given the fact that the worldwide total number of cases  is around 100k cases and, possibly past it's peak in China, the idea that there will be 40/50 million cases in an island nation like the UK is bonkers. Clearly they want to change the hygiene habits of many but forecasting  80% of the population being infected, when other worse affected countries are at 0.005% helps nobody.

China ‘contained’ the virus by literally welding peoples doors shut, wallIng off whole streets and building new hospitals overnight. China =/= Uk.

27 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

China ‘contained’ the virus by literally welding peoples doors shut, wallIng off whole streets and building new hospitals overnight. China =/= Uk.

'Sakes ! Is China in Leith ?

27 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Some of the Watts app videos I've been sent are horrendous. 

@cosanostra my Mrs works in a care home, they are really trying to keep the staff vigilant. But if it hits it could be catastrophic. 

🤞 it doesn't.

Nobody can reallys saywith any certainty it won't effect the season fixtures. 

Obviously I hope that people thinking it'll be over quickly are right

🦠 First UK death confirmed at a hospital I visited 3 days ago! 🦠 

Am I bothered? Not really ....

3 hours ago, ramrod said:

Tbh it's not surprising given some of the utter bull and hyperbole coming out . 

One example is not allowing players to shake hands before a game when firstly , they could have used a hand gel before going out and secondly we've got Scotland playing France at rugby where the players will be all over each other . 

The media and some are building this up to being something akin to the Black Death . 

I expect this to pass with very few deaths thankfully, that's just my opinion . 

Here's an expert who agrees with you3rkeyg.jpg

Surprised that there hasn't been more wacky conspiracy theories with a pathogen this unusual. Targets the old with the young and especially children being lesser affected, originated in China and long contagious period before it's symptomatic.

🤔

Not saying i believe there are shenanigans afoot but I see more ridiculous conspiracy theories on a daily basis. Apparently, Levein is still in charge of recruitment. 😮😮😮

Geoff Kilpatrick
17 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Surprised that there hasn't been more wacky conspiracy theories with a pathogen this unusual. Targets the old with the young and especially children being lesser affected, originated in China and long contagious period before it's symptomatic.

🤔

Not saying i believe there are shenanigans afoot but I see more ridiculous conspiracy theories on a daily basis. Apparently, Levein is still in charge of recruitment. 😮😮😮

Not as wacky as advising Stendel on defending! :cornette: