Scottish Football officially suspended

Alva-Jambo

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Everything England does, the SFA will copy. Might as well not be an SFA

Not sure we can afford to copy them and play behind closed doors. There tv deal means fans money not required. There is even talk about premiership clubs funding clubs lower down in pyramid.

Our league is concerned with 2 clubs and is trying to get them direct entry into Champions/Europa league group stages. They don't give a **** about anyone else.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• IveSeenTheLight

• ...a bit disco

• Mikey1874

The Scottish FA reiterates that all football in Scotland, both domestic and professional, remains suspended indefinitely. For the benefit of planning, the Scottish FA confirms that football in Scotland will not resume before 30 April. The medical advice is that we will not have reached the peak of the coronavirus epidemic in this country by then and the escalating measures which restrict the ability to play football matches will likely remain in force.

The progress of COVID-19 remains uncertain for the whole country, but we are maintaining daily dialogue informed by the latest government and UK Medical Officers advice, to provide reassurance that the health and welfare of players, staff and supporters are our priority, along with the survival of clubs.

Finally, it remains Scottish football’s firm intention to begin the 2020-21 season as soon as is practicably possible later this year.

9 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

The Scottish FA reiterates that all football in Scotland, both domestic and professional, remains suspended indefinitely. For the benefit of planning, the Scottish FA confirms that football in Scotland will not resume before 30 April. The medical advice is that we will not have reached the peak of the coronavirus epidemic in this country by then and the escalating measures which restrict the ability to play football matches will likely remain in force.

The progress of COVID-19 remains uncertain for the whole country, but we are maintaining daily dialogue informed by the latest government and UK Medical Officers advice, to provide reassurance that the health and welfare of players, staff and supporters are our priority, along with the survival of clubs.

Finally, it remains Scottish football’s firm intention to begin the 2020-21 season as soon as is practicably possible later this year.

I hope I'm not reading too much into it, but the last bit of that statement is a bit worrying.  Surely they should be stating that their primary intention is to complete this season if practically possible?

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

I hope I'm not reading too much into it, but the last bit of that statement is a bit worrying.  Surely they should be stating that their primary intention is to complete this season if practically possible?

They can't afford to. No pay outs till season ends means clubs can't get money, and they need it now. Don't wat to play behind closed doors as that will lose more money. Call it quits and move on.

If you want integrity, you are in wrong country and watching wrong sport.

Hectormasson
26 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Not sure we can afford to copy them and play behind closed doors. There tv deal means fans money not required. There is even talk about premiership clubs funding clubs lower down in pyramid.

Our league is concerned with 2 clubs and is trying to get them direct entry into Champions/Europa league group stages. They don't give a **** about anyone else.

True ,f....g scumbags....

38 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

What do you mean? 

Do you mean the season should go ahead, whatever happens to peoples health?

No, I didn't suggest that at all.  The point is that the English authorities come out and state that they are committed to finishing the current season as soon as safe to do so.  Our authorities come out and state they are committed to starting the new season as soon as practically possible. 

My concern being that the Scottish football authorities focus is on starting the new season at all costs (and possibly sacrificing this season or causing us to be relegated using the current position) whereas the English authorities seem committed to completing their season. 

Its all conjecture anyway - I may be reading too much into the statement. 

And of course, people's health comes first - I was simply commenting on what appeared to be a differing intention in Scotland which would obviously have an impact on us from a footballing perspective.  👍

Edited by Aaron78

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/03/2020 at 19:47, 77Mackay77 said:

They might but if they are cancelled it is a massive massive over reaction!

The facts are that Covid-19 will kill less people globally than will die of the flu in just the UK this year. 

Once it has all calmed down the death rate  of those that become infected will be close to that of the flu and that rate for anyone in good health is tiny. With most patients having little more than a high temperature.

Covid-19 is actually a pis8 poor virus that does not actually spread very easily. Which is why they are trying to contain it. No one tries to contain the seasonal flu because it spreads so easily it is just not possible to contain it.

But weirdly because this virus is containable authorities are trying to contain it and when you add this to the media hyping it up and we have people panicking over nothing.

Get your Easter & summer holidays booked now because you’ll get a bargain and this will be yesterday’s news very shortly!

Remember how we were all going to die of Ebola..... well over 2,000 people died of Ebola last year and we didn’t see that on the news so no one cared.

On 05/03/2020 at 20:00, Cruyff said:

It's a wee cold ffs :rofl:

On 05/03/2020 at 21:06, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The hype is utterly ridiculous. Looking forward to the Grand Prix here next week with another 90odd thousand people.

Also chuckling to myself at the people on my train this morning wearing masks.

These aged well.

Geoff Kilpatrick
16 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

These aged well.

Still chuckling at mask wearers.

55 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

These aged well.

Indeed. Also have people starting to beat the “non-conformist” drum now too. Edgy. 

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Still chuckling at mask wearers.

Even though the evidence is starting to suggest that they work?

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Even though the evidence is starting to suggest that they work?

Work where? Physical distancing is far more effective, such as here in Oz.

5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Work where? Physical distancing is far more effective, such as here in Oz.

Anywhere. They help reduce the spread. That's not to say social distancing isn't a better method, but it's sensible to take every precaution.

Czech Republic it is mandatory to wear one when you leave the house. 

Edited by hughesie27

Geoff Kilpatrick
13 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Anywhere. They help reduce the spread. That's not to say social distancing isn't a better method, but it's sensible to take every precaution.

Aye, very good. I'll stick to the medical professionals who seem to know what they are doing. If you are well and physical distancing plus taking care of personal hygiene, you don't need one.

Medical professionals who wear these masks, you mean? :lol:

FFS Geoff, it’s okay to admit you were talking shite you know? Not one person thinks you are always right. :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Aye, very good. I'll stick to the medical professionals who seem to know what they are doing. If you are well and physical distancing plus taking care of personal hygiene, you don't need one.

You are most contagious before you show any symptoms. So being well doesn't really come into it. The professionals say they work. You bash on laughing though. They do make you look funny. 

Edited by hughesie27

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

You are most contagious before you show any symptoms. So being well doesn't really come into it. The professionals say they work. You bash on laughing though. They do make you look funny. 

And I'll continue to take the advice of those working in infectious diseases, including some working on vaccines. Thanks anyway.

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

And I'll continue to take the advice of those working in infectious diseases, including some working on vaccines. Thanks anyway.

😄 they are advising us on doing the bare minimum and least intrusive but essential actions.  You are mocking those who are taking an extra step off their own back. It's not feasible for every nation to come out and say you must wear a mask. But that doesn't mean it wouldn't help. It's not difficult to get Geoff. FFS.

IveSeenTheLight
57 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

😄 they are advising us on doing the bare minimum and least intrusive but essential actions.  You are mocking those who are taking an extra step off their own back. It's not feasible for every nation to come out and say you must wear a mask. But that doesn't mean it wouldn't help. It's not difficult to get Geoff. FFS.

it’s a valid point.

Theres no doubt it benefits, hence why the medical profession are wearing them, however if they rolled out a message that everyone must wear, it would create a supply shortage and affect the front lines I.e. the doctors and nurses treating the sick.

Hence the general public are advised to social distance and stay home to reduce the spread.

The next escalation, if required will be to further restrict our movements I.e. no exercising outside of the home as opposed to wearing masks in public. That’s not because they don’t think it will work but because it does not put a strain on the supply of masks

Geoff is kind of right. The low quality paper surgical masks do very little after about 5 minutes of regular breathing when they become damp.

They're slightly better at ptotecting other people from the wearer but offer very little protection to the wearer themselves.

N95s are what we're wearing when treating positive patients. The surgical ones are unsafe for airborne or droplet precautions unfortunately.

IveSeenTheLight
1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

Geoff is kind of right. The low quality paper surgical masks do very little after about 5 minutes of regular breathing when they become damp.

They're slightly better at ptotecting other people from the wearer but offer very little protection to the wearer themselves.

N95s are what we're wearing when treating positive patients. The surgical ones are unsafe for airborne or droplet precautions unfortunately.

That’s also a very valid and important point.

Masks help carriers from spreading so if you are carrying the disease but and not showing signs or are asymptomatic, then you are helping the country not to spread.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

There seems to be a lot of different approaches to mask wearing. All health staff (including my better half) have to wear them and other gear obviously. In general the consensus seems to be if you have symptoms you shouldn't be out anyhow, but if you absolutely have to - wearing a mask/covering your face can protect others.

The argument for everyone wearing a mask is people might have it but don't show symptoms so there's some slight protection for others from you.

However, the downside of face masks seems to be they provide a false sense of security so people might stop social distancing; they don't provide full coverage as the virus can enter through ears, eyes and mouth; and people end up touching their face more when wearing a face mask to adjust it etc.

grumpyespana

Hear in Spain I bought one at the local chemists a but only wear it when I go to the supermarket guys. 

Off topic I know, but UEFA starting to talk about having to cancel Champions League and Europa. 

That could actually be the prompt to cancel / end leagues. 

Not sure how exactly but some people saying Rangers still being in Europa League is a problem for any decision. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

An extra step which effectively does the square root of bugger all as cosa points out. And I will still chuckle at the numpties wearing dust masks from Bunnings. Nice try at a troll though.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Off topic I know, but UEFA starting to talk about having to cancel Champions League and Europa. 

Not sure how exactly but some people saying Rangers still being in Europa League is a problem for any decision. 

Sevco still being in Europe is only a problem for me because I wish they didn't exist and this is just another sad reminder that they do.

In addition, it is worth saying that no matter how poor we have been this season, our chances of avoiding the drop are a thousand times better than their chances of staying in the Europa League. 

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

An extra step which effectively does the square root of bugger all as cosa points out. And I will still chuckle at the numpties wearing dust masks from Bunnings. Nice try at a troll though.

I'm about as far from a troll as you are likely to see.
Cosa quite rightly points out that they can act as protection from the wearer from spreading the virus. Something which could be quite critical when you are not showing symptoms.

Geoff Kilpatrick

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Why would that matter? How on earth can people travel to play the games?

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I'm about as far from a troll as you are likely to see.
Cosa quite rightly points out that they can act as protection from the wearer from spreading the virus. Something which could be quite critical when you are not showing symptoms.

For a few minutes and then they are useless. Their only use is to really stop you from touching your own face.

ScottishFitba

For anyone interested I've been following the fixtures and simulating the games till the end of the season using FIFA. It's pretty interesting if you like that sort of thing. I have the table up on each video but I though the most interesting one that I have done is this game: Sheep vs Hearts which would have been played on Friday had the world not gone to the dogs.

Edited by ScottishFitba

Hectormasson
21 hours ago, Jambo66 said:

Sevco still being in Europe is only a problem for me because I wish they didn't exist and this is just another sad reminder that they do.

In addition, it is worth saying that no matter how poor we have been this season, our chances of avoiding the drop are a thousand times better than their chances of staying in the Europa League. 

😷😷😷👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👍

manaliveits105
21 hours ago, ScottishFitba said:

For anyone interested I've been following the fixtures and simulating the games till the end of the season using FIFA. It's pretty interesting if you like that sort of thing. I have the table up on each video but I though the most interesting one that I have done is this game: Sheep vs Hearts which would have been played on Friday had the world not gone to the dogs.

Knew we would skelp our bitches 

Boyce winner and miraculous recovery for Souttar