Holiday/flight cancellations and refunds ( title updated )

Section Q

15 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but do we need to do a lateral flow test before we fly to Tenerife (19th this month)  and have the certificate as well as our vac certificates?

And on the way back we no longer have to have a lateral flow test before flying?

You don’t need to do anything for flying into Tenerife. Just proof of vaccination. 👍

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• OBE

• graygo

• Samuel Camazzola

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Doctor FinnBarr
7 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

No test before you go, no test before you come back, but you'll need to pay for an LFT to take up to 2 days after you arrive home.

You'll need to fill out passenger locator forms 48 hours before each journey 

7 hours ago, Dazo said:

You don’t need to do anything for flying into Tenerife. Just proof of vaccination. 👍

Cheers guys.

Doctor FinnBarr
4 hours ago, Worthing Jambo said:

What about the online Spanish form to get the QR entry code?

Already knew about that mate.

What has just made my day is the address of the parking we've booked, St Andrews Drive, Glasgow, Midlothian.

Worthing Jambo
28 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Already knew about that mate.

What has just made my day is the address of the parking we've booked, St Andrews Drive, Glasgow, Midlothian.

👍 Piece of pish when all done up front.

I wish I was going but had a great time in October.

Only 4 months until the next jaunt😁

Could be a long walk for you to the airport then?😳

Doctor FinnBarr
17 minutes ago, Worthing Jambo said:

👍 Piece of pish when all done up front.

I wish I was going but had a great time in October.

Only 4 months until the next jaunt😁

Could be a long walk for you to the airport then?😳

Only 2 minutes mate, they must have witnessed my speed walking.

6 minutes ago, Darren said:

We're in Tenerife just now. Fill in Spanish health form before you go, LFTs now under £10 for your PLF on return. 

How long you been over there and what’s things like since it went into level 4? 

Coming over next month and was wondering how strict they are on things like masks outside 

10 hours ago, theshed said:

Coming over next month and was wondering how strict they are on things like masks outside 

It's pretty much the same as at home, just warmer and with more Germans.

There's a midnight curfew on places but we're well past any clubbing days so can't say it's affected us too much.

14 hours ago, Darren said:

We're in Tenerife just now. Fill in Spanish health form before you go, LFTs now under £10 for your PLF on return. 

Under a tenner LFT's from where?

6 hours ago, Darren said:

It's pretty much the same as at home, just warmer and with more Germans.

There's a midnight curfew on places but we're well past any clubbing days so can't say it's affected us too much.

Thanks… midnight closing won’t affect me, as long as I can sit in the sun during the day having a drink then I’m happy enough 

Are you having to walk around outside with mask on? 

Nucky Thompson
7 minutes ago, theshed said:

Thanks… midnight closing won’t affect me, as long as I can sit in the sun during the day having a drink then I’m happy enough 

Go on the trip advisor forum for Tenerife and you'll get the answer there.

I looked at the forum for Lanzarote and it seems that the majority aren't wearing masks outside and the police aren't enforcing it.

3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Under a tenner LFT's from where?

Vivo Clinic.

1 hour ago, theshed said:

Everyone's wearing masks walking around the hotel. We haven't been in the town itself.

• 3 weeks later...
Doctor FinnBarr
On 11/01/2022 at 23:18, theshed said:

PDLA/Los Christianos is fine for outside without masks (just came back last night). If you visit Santa Cruz its a totally different ball game, everyone is wearing masks in the street, even motorcycle cops on their bikes, rates there are the reason for level 4. Mrs Saunders was rushed into hospital there and I wasn't allowed to visit but the amount of ambulance staff wearing full white suit and gasmask stuff is unreal.

PS. She had her gall bladder removed and is home now recovering.

12 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

PDLA/Los Christianos is fine for outside without masks (just came back last night). If you visit Santa Cruz its a totally different ball game, everyone is wearing masks in the street, even motorcycle cops on their bikes, rates there are the reason for level 4. Mrs Saunders was rushed into hospital there and I wasn't allowed to visit but the amount of ambulance staff wearing full white suit and gasmask stuff is unreal.

PS. She had her gall bladder removed and is home now recovering.

Jeezo man - glad she's ok.

We're heading to Fuerteventura on the 10th Feb, the forms and that are annoying, but needs must.  Just going to camp in the villa for 7 days.

Anyone know where's good to buy small hard cases, just cabin sized?  Don't want to spend anything mental.  eBay have them for £25, but can't be arsed with the 'will they/won't they arrive in time'

Doctor FinnBarr
2 hours ago, Armageddon said:

We're heading to Fuerteventura on the 10th Feb, the forms and that are annoying, but needs must.  Just going to camp in the villa for 7 days.

Anyone know where's good to buy small hard cases, just cabin sized?  Don't want to spend anything mental.  eBay have them for £25, but can't be arsed with the 'will they/won't they arrive in time'

Don't camp mate, just get out and about, its fine.

You tried Amazon or the Factory shop places for bags?

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Portugal changed its travel rules today, fully vaccinated travellers no longer require to test for entry. Only remaining travel restricted is filling out locator forms.

Flight prices are reflecting this, flight to Lisbon on 11th Feb has increased £140 to £178.99.

Doctor FinnBarr
4 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Portugal changed its travel rules today, fully vaccinated travellers no longer require to test for entry. Only remaining travel restricted is filling out locator forms.

Smashing, going to Lisbon next month for a nephews stag.

On 30/01/2022 at 19:30, Armageddon said:

I'm just back from Fuerteventura. Everything is fine there, with the outdoor mask wearing restrictions being lifted later this week, not that many people, including believe it or not council workers and some police, were wearing them. Get out and about and enjoy the place; it's great.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a wee heads up for anyone planning on travelling abroad this year.

I’ve been reading that hundreds of people are being refused permission to fly (at the airport!) on a daily basis due to passport expiry dates. Folk assuming because the expiry date is 6 months or so from their holiday that their passport is fine when in fact most EU countries look to 10 years from date of issue as the expiry date. 

Another side effect of Brexit. 

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, OBE said:

Tenerife South (entry), any major delays at passport control/security?

Not what you're asking but I heard on the radio that they are expecting large queues at Edinburgh airport as people return to airports for the first time in a long time and are a bit unsure what to do.

10 minutes ago, graygo said:

Not what you're asking but I heard on the radio that they are expecting large queues at Edinburgh airport as people return to airports for the first time in a long time and are a bit unsure what to do.

Aye, heard that also :thumbsup:. The motor's parked in the multi-storey with fastTRACK security thrown in, has it's own bridge to the security area from the 2nd floor of the multi, it may help...🤞

Jambo-Jimbo

Cost of flights are rocketing, it seems.

We were looking at a few places for a few days city break, Madrid came up ok, around about £160 all in from Edinburgh.

Looked again yesterday and for the same dates in June it's now £300 all in, near enough doubled in the space of a week.

The days of cheap flights are over, methinks.

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

We were looking at a few places for a few days city break, Madrid came up ok, around about £160 all in from Edinburgh.

Looked again yesterday and for the same dates in June it's now £300 all in, near enough doubled in the space of a week.

Cheap everything is over JJ...:(

Nucky Thompson
28 minutes ago, OBE said:

I know it's not Tenerife, but when I was in Lanzarote a few weeks ago, it was a breeze.

Make sure you have a paper copy of your Spanish locator form, it's easier than having it downloaded to your phone.

Passport control just glanced at your passport and didn't bother about Covid certificates.

When through passport control, there was a long line of tables with loads of people scanning your locator forms.

We were in baggage reclaim in minutes.

I'm guessing it will be much the same in Tenerife

21 minutes ago, OBE said:

Aye, heard that also :thumbsup:. The motor's parked in the multi-storey with fastTRACK security thrown in, has it's own bridge to the security area from the 2nd floor of the multi, it may help...🤞

I used that once, cuts out the walk to security like you say but when I used it there was virtually no queue at security so wasn't really worth it.

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I know it's not Tenerife, but when I was in Lanzarote a few weeks ago, it was a breeze.

Make sure you have a paper copy of your Spanish locator form, it's easier than having it downloaded to your phone.

Passport control just glanced at your passport and didn't bother about Covid certificates.

When through passport control, there was a long line of tables with loads of people scanning your locator forms.

We were in baggage reclaim in minutes.

I'm guessing it will be much the same in Tenerife

I'm familiar with the entry protocol's, cheer's, NT. The Ryanair boarding pass allows you to add all your Doc's/certs to it, so when the B/P QR code is scanned, all that is added is visible. Saying that, I'm a belt-n-brace's guy, hard copies go also. So many airport staff of with Covid, leading to delays...

broxburnjambo

There is still some fantastic deals on the market. I would advise contacting a personal travel consultant, who will find you that deal you cannot find online.  Drop me a PM if you want further info.

27 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

How many people is the £300 for? I looked yesterday and flights on my dates in June are under £70 return with easyJet.

28 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Indeed.

Booked the multi-storey @ Edinburgh in Nov last year for this April, £46, 11 days. Booking it now costs £169...☹️

1 hour ago, OBE said:

It was a breeze for us with no notable added delay. Documents on my phone and printed out. Departure was slightly different in there was a bit of a queue getting through to the gates. Didn’t take too long but this seemed to be an extra check after checkin and before boarding. 

1 hour ago, graygo said:

The issue in Edinburgh is the completely useless electronic passport gates. The ones in other countries work absolutely fine, an absolute breeze. Then you land in Edinburgh, queue for an age, get to the electronic gate which invariably doesn't work and have to go through the desk with a border guard sat at it to manually check your passport. They were always bad before, but you could tend to get it to work. Now they fail for the vast majority of people.

5 minutes ago, Dazo said:

It was a breeze for us with no notable added delay. Documents on my phone and printed out. Departure was slightly different in there was a bit of a queue getting through to the gates. Didn’t take too long but this seemed to be an extra check after checkin and before boarding. 

When was this D?

26 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

The issue in Edinburgh is the completely useless electronic passport gates. The ones in other countries work absolutely fine, an absolute breeze. Then you land in Edinburgh, queue for an age, get to the electronic gate which invariably doesn't work and have to go through the desk with a border guard sat at it to manually check your passport. They were always bad before, but you could tend to get it to work. Now they fail for the vast majority of people.

I thought the delays they were talking about were going through security on the way out. :unsure:

You're right about the electronic gates though, I got through no bother last month but the Mrs didn't, silly mare had her mask still on so it couldn't do the facial recognition. 😄

1 minute ago, graygo said:

I thought the delays they were talking about were going through security on the way out. :unsure:

You're right about the electronic gates though, I got through no bother last month but the Mrs didn't, silly mare had her mask still on so it couldn't do the facial recognition. 😄

Ah yeah, seems that regardless of how short the queue is at security it takes a while to get through. Not helped by the belt you put your tray on moving along automatically and getting stuck behind someone who isn't quick enough to get their tray onto it when a gap appears. Like sitting behind a learner driver at a busy junction!

Jambo-Jimbo
On 31/03/2022 at 11:33, Nucky Thompson said:

Edinburgh Airport like several others all got rid of too many staff at the begining of the pandemic and then lost more staff when on furlough, the airlines did the same thing and now the shit has hit the fan. 

Covid is the convenient excuse being rolled out, don't get me wrong covid infections amongst staff is playing a part and it's made a bad situation worse, because there simply wasn't enough staff left to manage for when things fully opened up in the travel sector as it was, the proof being that Edinburgh, Manchester, Gatwick & Heathrow etc, are all having a huge recruitment drive right now, but it's too late now, they should have had this at least 6 months ago, they were warned this would happen but did next to nothing about it.

I see one of the top bosses at Manchester Airport has resigned over this, well all I have to say is that the bosses were warned about this for over a year, what was going to happen and did next to nothing about it.

Edinburgh security check has been fairly consistent, 4/8 minutes. Has anyone checked-in hold baggage in the last week, is so, how long did it take please? 

3 hours ago, OBE said:

Edinburgh security check has been fairly consistent, 4/8 minutes. Has anyone checked-in hold baggage in the last week, is so, how long did it take please? 

I agree, I'm booked onto a flight to Paris at this time next week and everything seems fine for the equivalent flight today. 🤞

Screenshot_20220406-131933.png

3 hours ago, OBE said:

Meant to say, easyJet bag drop is self service so should be quick enough hopefully.

Just now, graygo said:

Meant to say, easyJet bag drop is self service so should be quick enough hopefully.

Aye, so was Ryanair in October 21. 5 minutes done, woosh. So what did I witness on Monday, was that for the old style baggage drop, 2 desks if your lucky? Ryanair had at least 6 self service bag weighing kiosks.

14 minutes ago, graygo said:

I agree, I'm booked onto a flight to Paris at this time next week and everything seems fine for the equivalent flight today. 🤞

Screenshot_20220406-131933.png

East Lothian School's knocking off this Friday mind...

2 minutes ago, OBE said:

Aye, so was Ryanair in October 21. 5 minutes done, woosh. So what did I witness on Monday, was that for the old style baggage drop, 2 desks if your lucky? Ryanair had at least 6 self service bag weighing kiosks.

I don't know but I suspect the budget airlines utilise the self drop service more than the flag carriers as it's more cost effective. The queues might be for the staffed check ins.

Just now, OBE said:

East Lothian School's knocking off this Friday mind...

I know, I'm in East Lothian. Edinburgh schools are off this week so should be similar I would think.