Holiday/flight cancellations and refunds ( title updated )

Section Q

49 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

You have more chance than me, I'm due to go to PDC on the 4th February.

If this Oxford vaccine gets passed this week and they ramp up the vaccinations, April might be a goer.

I'll be looking to defer mine to the Easter holidays

Spanish government may decide to take the Greek approach. Greek islands are open if they maintain low levels of transmission, Lanzarote should not be penalised if Minorca's numbers escalate, IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• OBE

• graygo

• Samuel Camazzola

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nucky Thompson

Just had confirmation from jet2 that my February holiday to Lanzarote has been cancelled.

A full refund and £60 off my next booking.

Just went in and booked for the Easter holidays. It works out £500 cheaper

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Just had confirmation from jet2 that my February holiday to Lanzarote has been cancelled.

Ever the optimist. 😄

9 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

We are booked for Easter too after numerous cancellations. Was extremely confident when this one was booked, back in the doubtful camp we will be going. 🙄

Samuel Camazzola
10 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Did you book it through their app too? They have a promo for app users where you can get £110 off per person... 

:peepwall:

Nucky Thompson
8 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Ever the optimist. 😄

You've always got to have something to look forward to Dave.

The worst that could happen is that I would get my money back again

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Did you book it through their app too? They have a promo for app users where you can get £110 off per person... 

:peepwall:

We got £100 pp off and the extra £60 that they gave me. That was on their website

Samuel Camazzola
17 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

We got £100 pp off and the extra £60 that they gave me. That was on their website

Ideal. I believe the £110 per person is to promote their app. 

Hopefully the Canaries will be back on the exempt list by then to avoid any further pushbacks. 👍 ☀ 

I assume the new negative test for entry to UK rules will apply to those returning from holiday too, which will be a bit of an issue.

24 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I assume the new negative test for entry to UK rules will apply to those returning from holiday too, which will be a bit of an issue.

Someone I know accepted a short notice job in Prague last week. Since he accepted it they’ve introduced a 5 day quarantine on arrival and now this new regulation for the UK. He flew out early this morning instead of the end of the start of next week so he can still do it. It must be paying well for all that trouble. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Someone I know accepted a short notice job in Prague last week. Since he accepted it they’ve introduced a 5 day quarantine on arrival and now this new regulation for the UK. He flew out early this morning instead of the end of the start of next week so he can still do it. It must be paying well for all that trouble. 

Lovely place in the winter, though, but bloody freezing.

Just now, Sooperstar said:

Lovely place in the winter, though, but bloody freezing.

At least he can enjoy looking at the lovely views from his hotel room window for five days. 

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

At least he can enjoy looking at the lovely views from his hotel room window for five days. 

Heating on, a few bottles of Pilsner Urquell, seat at the window, BBC World Service on in the background. Bliss.

2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Heating on, a few bottles of Pilsner Urquell, seat at the window, BBC World Service on in the background. Bliss.

That is a guarantee. He’s a complete jakey so will probably spend the 5 days pissed in his hotel room. 

9 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

So what’s everybody’s guess when holidays will be possible again?

Tui & Jet2 have I believe cancelled everything until mid-Feb, but I wouldn't be surprised for that to be extended until late March.

I think this year will be similar to last year with local lockdowns in resorts, quarantines, restrictions etc etc, some people will still go on holiday come the summer/autumn but I think it'll not be until 2022 before holiday's begin to start looking like holiday's again and things begin to start to get back to some kind of normal.

Of course this is just my opinion.

Me & Mrs JJ have no plans to travel abroad this year.

What we have decided is to concentrate on our must-see destinations, the first probably being Cairo/Pyramids/Saqqara/Dashur which I'm looking at around Jan/Feb/March 2022 time.

Shanks said no

We were meant to go to the Caribbean on 1st February but I had so little confidence that I hadn’t even bothered putting in for leave. Cancelled Tuesday and by Thursday night I had all elements either refunded or vouchers. 

Rebooked for 9 months later, cost about £400 more but got AI, upgrades and a far better hotel. 

Next booking that is likely to fail is end April to Crete, I haven’t even bothered booking accommodation yet. 

Toxteth O'Grady
29 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Tui & Jet2 have I believe cancelled everything until mid-Feb, but I wouldn't be surprised for that to be extended until late March.

I think this year will be similar to last year with local lockdowns in resorts, quarantines, restrictions etc etc, some people will still go on holiday come the summer/autumn but I think it'll not be until 2022 before holiday's begin to start looking like holiday's again and things begin to start to get back to some kind of normal.

What we have decided is to concentrate on our must-see destinations, the first probably being Cairo/Pyramids/Saqqara/Dashur which I'm looking at around Jan/Feb/March 2022 time.

Aye we usually have a few things booked by now but have no confidence in anything actually happening. We’ll probably do the same and have a “big” holiday or 2 when the time is right. 

13 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Meant to be going to Turkey in May having had to cancel and rebook it 3 times due to bereavement and Covid-19, will probably be rearranged for September/October.

Wife has been spending the last few nights searching for a summer holiday, no idea where she gets her optimism from.

12 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Mates Lanzarote Ryanair flights for mid March cancelled. 

O'Leary was on the TV yesterday saying that Ryanair were cancelling nearly all of their flights from Ireland & UK for February & March.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

O'Leary was on the TV yesterday saying that Ryanair were cancelling nearly all of their flights from Ireland & UK for February & March.

Thoughts and prayers to that clown.  

21 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Thoughts and prayers to that clown.  

Hedgehog and shite was what I was thinking.  :laugh:

Samuel Camazzola
4 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

If you're not looking for warmth, I believe the only holidays Jet2 are still operating are their Icelandic city breaks. ❄ 🥶

Shanks said no
23 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Antigua have extended their state of emergency until 31st March

Some of their restrictions include

- all persons must remain in their accommodation from 11pm to 5am each day unless seeking urgent medical attention.

- face masks must be worn in any public place and must be worn for entry in to any supermarket or market

- bars, gyms and in-house dining at restaurants that have passed government inspection are permitted to operate

- beaches are open between 5am and 7pm for exercise or relaxation only. On public holidays the beaches will be open from 5am to 1pm. During these hours picnics, music, drinking alcohol, and parties are prohibited.

Doesn't sound like much fun

26 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Antigua have extended their state of emergency until 31st March

Some of their restrictions include

- all persons must remain in their accommodation from 11pm to 5am each day unless seeking urgent medical attention.

- face masks must be worn in any public place and must be worn for entry in to any supermarket or market

- bars, gyms and in-house dining at restaurants that have passed government inspection are permitted to operate

- beaches are open between 5am and 7pm for exercise or relaxation only. On public holidays the beaches will be open from 5am to 1pm. During these hours picnics, music, drinking alcohol, and parties are prohibited.

Doesn't sound like much fun

I was reading that thinking it doesn't sound that bad!

Doctor FinnBarr
On 08/01/2021 at 23:23, Toxteth O'Grady said:

16 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Lets be honest, no one is going anywhere this year, I'd go to Torremolinos with a carry out and sit on a balcony for a fortnight but its jist no happening.

The Real Maroonblood
7 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Lets be honest, no one is going anywhere this year, I'd go to Torremolinos with a carry out and sit on a balcony for a fortnight but its jist no happening.

:rofl:

You'd have thought that for last year as well, but as soon as the flights resumed and the resorts opened lots of people flocked to them.

You watch come the Spring the Costa's etc will be opened up and people will go, especially when the likes of Ryanair are promoting a 'jab & go' philosophy.

Nucky Thompson

There is no danger that there will be no holidays this year. They'll be gagging to open everything at full pelt.

I reckon Easter will be up to about 50% of previous years

Shanks said no
10 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

I was reading that thinking it doesn't sound that bad!

True, certainly a more enjoyable location to spend lockdown than the UK

6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

There is no danger that there will be no holidays this year. They'll be gagging to open everything at full pelt.

Exactly, they couldn't wait to get all the resorts opened up last year, the same will happen this year.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Exactly, they couldn't wait to get all the resorts opened up last year, the same will happen this year.

Del boy "This time next year...."

5 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

No chance. Withbregards to Easter.

Edited by hughesie27

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Indeed.

I’ll be happy if I can get a holiday in Scotland this year.

If not so be it.

Doctor FinnBarr
7 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

You'd have thought that for last year as well, but as soon as the flights resumed and the resorts opened lots of people flocked to them.

You watch come the Spring the Costa's etc will be opened up and people will go, especially when the likes of Ryanair are promoting a 'jab & go' philosophy.

7 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Its only my view of course, I could be right or wrong on this. Lets just see what happens.

51 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Its only my view of course, I could be right or wrong on this. Lets just see what happens.

You'll be 100% wrong. And that's a fact IMO.

Doctor FinnBarr
31 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

You'll be 100% wrong. And that's a fact IMO.

What are you actually basing that "fact" on Sooper?

Not arguing mate, I'm as desperate as anyone to get away.

Edited by FinnBarr Saunders

1 hour ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

What are you actually basing that "fact" on Sooper?

Not arguing mate, I'm as desperate as anyone to get away.

It's only an opinion fact remember.

Vaccine rollout primarily. I think due to that summer travel is highly likely, never mind before the year end.

I think the new testing for entry rule will help too as it might just make the government a bit more relaxed about international travel.

I'm meant to be in Lanzarote in March. That almost certainly won't happen. I'm far more confident about Cyprus in July.

Nucky Thompson
2 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Aye, your right.

It's more hope on my part

Doctor FinnBarr
4 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

It's only an opinion fact remember.

Vaccine rollout primarily. I think due to that summer travel is highly likely, never mind before the year end.

I think the new testing for entry rule will help too as it might just make the government a bit more relaxed about international travel.

I'm meant to be in Lanzarote in March. That almost certainly won't happen. I'm far more confident about Cyprus in July.

Hope your right mate but in my "opinion" its not happening this year full stop. Gutted that we lost our 3 hols last year and don't see this yin being any better.

CavySlaveJambo
On 20/01/2021 at 21:26, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Saga cruises are to insist that all passengers have had the covid vaccine before they will be allowed to sail with them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55738918

I can see other companies going down this route as well.

Especially the Cruise Lines.  I know Norwegian and Royal Caribbean are seriously considering it already. I won't be surprised if others do too. 

Anyway I now think that 2021 holidays won't happen  :(

highlandjambo3
On 20/01/2021 at 21:26, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Saga cruises are to insist that all passengers have had the covid vaccine before they will be allowed to sail with them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55738918

I can see other companies going down this route as well.

Great......quite a lot of my new business adventure will involve tourists from cruise ships

1 hour ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Especially the Cruise Lines.  I know Norwegian and Royal Caribbean are seriously considering it already. I won't be surprised if others do too. 

Anyway I now think that 2021 holidays won't happen  :(

I wouldn't be surprised at hotels also insisting on this as well, especially the big all inclusive resort types, where there are thousands of guests staying.

However, despite my optimission that travel/holiday's would get back to some sort of normality on the previous page, I'm now not so confident of that now and I'm now thinking that if any holiday's do happen it'll be late in the season if at all, because as long as new variants keep appearing then no country is going to be happy to allow freedom of travel to foreigners. 

Yet another new variant has appeared, this time in Los Angeles, gonna be many more I fear, until we get on top of this.