Holiday/flight cancellations and refunds ( title updated )

Section Q

18 minutes ago, graygo said:

Looks like it ok to walk your dog in England but not in Scotland from what I can see.

Scotland:

If you are self-isolating or in the extremely vulnerable group

If you are self-isolating or in the extremely vulnerable (shielding) group, you should not walk your dog outside. Instead, you should ask someone outside your household to walk your dog for you.

The person who walks your dog should avoid coming into your home, and ensure that dogs are kept on a lead to avoid contact with other people and dogs.

England:

If you do not have symptoms of coronavirus

You may leave your house to walk your dog. You should stay 2 metres apart from anyone outside of your household or support bubble, or one metre with risk mitigation where 2 metres is not viable.

An example of risk mitigation would be wearing a face covering

Apologies folks, the information I gave above for England is wrong. It should be -

In England, you must only exercise within your home or garden. You cannot leave your home to walk your dog. You will need to ask friends or relatives to help you with this.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• OBE

• graygo

• Samuel Camazzola

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All getting a bit confusing. Here are the full rules for quarantining in Scotland...

How to self-isolate

You should self-isolate in one place for the full 14 days, where you can have food and other necessities delivered, and stay away from others. You must self-isolate at the address you provided on the passenger locator form.

This can include:

• your own home
  • staying with friends or family
  • a hotel or other temporary accommodation

You should not have visitors, including friends and family, unless they are providing essential care. The only friends and family who you can have contact with are those who travelled with you or people you are staying with.

You should not go out to work or school or visit public areas. You should not go shopping, other than to obtain basic necessities as below. If you require help buying groceries, other shopping or picking up medication and/or in order to limit your need to go out for basic necessities, you should ask friends or relatives or order a delivery.

If you need essential assistance and do not have a network of support to help you, you can contact the national helpline on 0800 111 4000, or via textphone on 0800 111 4114. The helpline is open during office hours Monday to Friday. 

This number will connect you to the local authority for where you are staying. It will have people who can help provide support or signpost on to other organisations to help you. You can also visit the Ready Scotland website for further support.

Deaf and Deafblind BSL Users can contact us via ContactSCOTLAND-BSL, the on-line British Sign Language interpreting video relay service.

You can only leave your accommodation in limited circumstances. These include where:

• you need to travel to leave Scotland, provided that you do so directly
  • you need to seek medical assistance
  • you need access to basic necessities like food and medicines (including for any pets or animals in the household), but please try to first arrange for these to be delivered to you instead to reduce the number of times you need to leave your accommodation
  • you need to access critical public services such as social services and victim support services, but only in exceptional circumstances
  • on compassionate grounds where you need to go to the funeral of someone in your household or a close relative, or where no-one else is attending a friend. Further advice on funerals.
  • you need to fulfil a legal obligation such as participate in legal proceedings
  • you need to access public services (including social services or victim services) where access to those services is critical to your wellbeing and cannot be provided at your accommodation
  • there’s an emergency which puts you at risk in your accommodation

You are not allowed to change the place where you are self-isolating except in very limited circumstances. These include where:

• a legal obligation requires you to change address, such as if you are a child whose parents live separately, and you need to move between homes as part of a shared custody agreement
  • it is necessary for you to stay overnight at accommodation before travelling to the place where you will be self-isolating for the remainder of the 14 days
  • there’s an emergency which puts you at risk in your accommodation

If this happens, you should provide full details of each address where you will self-isolate on the passenger locator form. If, for one of the reasons given in the regulations you cannot remain where you are staying, you must update the form as soon as possible

19 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Flights booked for Majorca in September. If the flight is on then I'll be on it, regardless of quarantine rules. 

Have heard of folk still strolling off flights from Spain and straight through the airport without being asked to give their details for quarantine. They need to start policing it or the majority will just ignore it.

Agree, particularly in the case of kids going back to school, can't see parents keeping them off if just back from holidays.

2 hours ago, CostaJambo said:

Agree, particularly in the case of kids going back to school, can't see parents keeping them off if just back from holidays.

There are hefty fines that can be dished out for failing to obey quarantine.

2 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Especially when we’re enjoying such a balmy summer of permanent low pressure .

Looks like half of Europe will be back in lockdown for the second wave in the next few weeks so that will make for a fun stress-free holiday with 14 days quarantine on return.

Think I would rather take a wet week at home.

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, weehammy said:

Especially when we’re enjoying such a balmy summer of permanent low pressure .

😄

IWA%2Bd1arysFaI%2BCkiE=

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

That won’t affect many. Nice place for a holiday though, went there with the Mrs and kids in ‘94. 

Cracking wee place on the German border called Remich. 

Received refunds from Easyjet and the hotel we were meant to be staying at. Straight into the credit card account. Tesco Bank are now charging me to transfer the refunds back to my normal account. I will change my credit card unless there is a change of heart from them.

3 minutes ago, inspector said:

Received refunds from Easyjet and the hotel we were meant to be staying at. Straight into the credit card account. Tesco Bank are now charging me to transfer the refunds back to my normal account. I will change my credit card unless there is a change of heart from them.

You might be able to get a credit card with 0% balance transfers.  Perhaps that will bypass your issue.

18 minutes ago, inspector said:

Why not just use the card for every day usage and/or any purchases ? 

4 hours ago, inspector said:

Depending on your credit card you might be able to make a payment to yourself via paypal or failing that topup a travel card like revolut then transfer to your bank account

9 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Depending on your credit card you might be able to make a payment to yourself via paypal or failing that topup a travel card like revolut then transfer to your bank account

They're going to refund the charges in 7-10 days. I'll be getting rid of the card after they refund me.

davemclaren
9 hours ago, inspector said:

They're going to refund the charges in 7-10 days. I'll be getting rid of the card after they refund me.

How much were they wanting to charge you?

davemclaren
23 minutes ago, inspector said:

£16.05

Ridiculous. Most cards seem to be offering a free transfer of credit balances now. 

manaliveits105
On 30/07/2020 at 17:22, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The Scottish Government has said anyone returning from Luxembourg now need to 14 day quarantine.

https://www.gov.scot/news/quarantine-rules-imposed-on-travellers-from-luxembourg/

If anyone is ever thinking of going to Luxembourg in the future you should go for a Thursday night - its their Friday night as lots of expat workers go home for the weekend across the borders . The Rive de Clausen area  of bars clubs and restaurants is the dogs ballocks on a Thursday night - pricey place but nice for a short visit - there is a hostel a short stagger from Rive de Clausen too 

Jambo-Jimbo
4 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

If anyone is ever thinking of going to Luxembourg in the future you should go for a Thursday night - its their Friday night as lots of expat workers go home for the weekend across the borders . The Rive de Clausen area  of bars clubs and restaurants is the dogs ballocks on a Thursday night - pricey place but nice for a short visit - there is a hostel a short stagger from Rive de Clausen too 

Had never ever thought about Luxembourg for a holiday or even just for a few days, might have a look, but it won't be anytime soon though.

3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Fly to Charloi and get bus to Luxembourg 

not expensive and nice bus takes about 1.5 hours sh

Ryr fly from Edinburgh to Luxembourg these days.

CavySlaveJambo
On 12/07/2020 at 11:16, westbow said:

Aye saw that. 😂 Reckon Disney won’t do much more of that merch. Been going to Magic Kingdom 20 years but never been on that ride. It always seemed shut in January when I used to go.  I did feel like I missed out but don’t like coasters much anyway.

well in February the Jungle Cruise sank on its way to (or was that from) the Eighth wonder of the worLd The Backside of Water.  
Today a Log sunk on Splash Mountain.

Doctor FinnBarr
On 01/08/2020 at 10:57, manaliveits105 said:

Very cheap fags though.

17 hours ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

well in February the Jungle Cruise sank on its way to (or was that from) the Eighth wonder of the worLd The Backside of Water.  
Today a Log sunk on Splash Mountain.

Sunk a few massive logs in Florida ma self. American food is hilariously excessive.

A wee update on what going on holiday feels like today.

Edinburgh airport long and short stay car parks all closed as very quiet and everyone upgraded to surface car park next to terminal so book the cheapest you can find.

Security absolutely dead so don't book fast track.

Everyone wearing face coverings and as it's so quiet, plenty options to have a seat while socially distancing.

From what I could see all planes leaving bang on time due to reduction of flights.

One person used the toilet during the flight so no worries about people walking up and down the aisle.

Passport control was a breeze as they ushered you through without delay, again ensuring social distancing.

Taxi from airport had a screen between the driver and passengers.

Hand sanitiser stations at every turn.

In short, so far so good. Wearing a face covering for a few hours is a pain in the arse but you get used to it. I was worried about the journey but to be honest I reckon I had less chance of being exposed to the virus coming here than a "normal" day back home.

Gdansk is beautiful and the beer is good and cheap.

Pray for me. 🙏

His name is

Booked for the Algarve on 2nd Sept with Jet2. I believe Jet2 have cancelled all flights to faro up to 16th Aug so far.

Portugal's cases per 100k population is still double the UK's (14 / 29) so I can't see the restrictions being lifted anytime soon.

The in laws have had a couple of holiday cancelled with Jet2 and no problems with refund s. Hopefully I'll be in the same boat.

46 minutes ago, graygo said:

Edinburgh airport long and short stay car parks all closed as very quiet and everyone upgraded to surface car park next to terminal so book the cheapest you can find.

Everyone wearing face coverings and as it's so quiet, plenty options to have a seat while socially distancing.

From what I could see all planes leaving bang on time due to reduction of flights.

One person used the toilet during the flight so no worries about people walking up and down the aisle.

Passport control was a breeze as they ushered you through without delay, again ensuring social distancing.

In short, so far so good. Wearing a face covering for a few hours is a pain in the arse but you get used to it. I was worried about the journey but to be honest I reckon I had less chance of being exposed to the virus coming here than a "normal" day back home.

Pray for me. 🙏

Heading there in December but will be ever so slightly colder than you will have the now 

Enjoy 

On 01/08/2020 at 20:54, Carl Weathers said:

Got our two refunds from Ryanair. Took a while right enough but glad it's sorted.

When was your original departure date bud? And, what refund route did you take, if you don't mind me asking?

Edited by OBE

1 hour ago, graygo said:

Pray for me. 🙏

Assume they weren't doing any refreshment sales on the flight? I'll have to stay away from any alcohol for my flights as my bladder has me up at the toilet constantly otherwise!

42 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Assume they weren't doing any refreshment sales on the flight? I'll have to stay away from any alcohol for my flights as my bladder has me up at the toilet constantly otherwise!

It was Ryanair mate, of course they were selling refreshments. 😁

1 hour ago, theshed said:

Heading there in December but will be ever so slightly colder than you will have the now 

Enjoy 

Stunning wee city, fast becoming my favourite. 👍 27° does help right enough.

Carl Weathers
54 minutes ago, OBE said:

When was your original departure date bud? And, what refund route did you take, if you don't mind me asking?

We had two separate trips booked - Stockholm in June and Barcelona in July.

My wife received a cash refund for Stockholm over a week ago and I got the refund for Barcelona on Friday.

We initially requested cash refunds through responding to an online form sent by email. About a month after that we received another email where we had to confirm that we did indeed want cash refunds and not vouchers. Finally, we received a third email from Ryanair where they instructed us to contact them using their online chat to get added to the final queue/process the refunds. Then a month after that we did get refunds. 

Hope that helps. Shambles of a process!

Edited by Carl Weathers

7 minutes ago, graygo said:

It was Ryanair mate, of course they were selling refreshments. 😁

In that case I'm just jealous of those who partook and managed to hold it in.

Shanks said no

@graygo enjoy your trip

couple of questions, have they closed off any seats on the plane and can you just get up and go to the loo?

10 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

@graygo enjoy your trip

couple of questions, have they closed off any seats on the plane and can you just get up and go to the loo?

No seats shut off but flight quiet anyway. Only rule about the toilet is no queueing but only one person used it during the flight.

davemclaren
3 hours ago, graygo said:

Pray for me. 🙏

Alcohol numbs the fear. Enjoy. 

davemclaren
2 hours ago, His name is said:

Booked for the Algarve on 2nd Sept with Jet2. I believe Jet2 have cancelled all flights to faro up to 16th Aug so far.

Portugal's cases per 100k population is still double the UK's (14 / 29) so I can't see the restrictions being lifted anytime soon.

The in laws have had a couple of holiday cancelled with Jet2 and no problems with refund s. Hopefully I'll be in the same boat.

Jet2 were the best for refunds In my experience. 

1 hour ago, graygo said:

No seats shut off but flight quiet anyway. Only rule about the toilet is no queueing but only one person used it during the flight.

No booze hounds on the plane, then?

:olly:

1 hour ago, graygo said:

Flew out to Tallinn this morning for 20 quid from Edinburgh, flight was about 80% full. Similar experience apart from the bog saw plenty of action with a few wee queues. No social distancing on the flight but it's Ryanair. 

No masks here and people don't seem that arsed about 2 metres even though there's signs and markers. Surprisingly roasting leading to a general lack of cladding. No complaints 😁

37 minutes ago, Smack said:

Flew out to Tallinn this morning for 20 quid from Edinburgh, flight was about 80% full. Similar experience apart from the bog saw plenty of action with a few wee queues. No social distancing on the flight but it's Ryanair. 

No masks here and people don't seem that arsed about 2 metres even though there's signs and markers. Surprisingly roasting leading to a general lack of cladding. No complaints 😁

pissing down here so enjoy 

3 hours ago, Carl Weathers said:

We had two separate trips booked - Stockholm in June and Barcelona in July.

My wife received a cash refund for Stockholm over a week ago and I got the refund for Barcelona on Friday.

We initially requested cash refunds through responding to an online form sent by email. About a month after that we received another email where we had to confirm that we did indeed want cash refunds and not vouchers. Finally, we received a third email from Ryanair where they instructed us to contact them using their online chat to get added to the final queue/process the refunds. Then a month after that we did get refunds. 

Hope that helps. Shambles of a process!

Thanks for the quick response. My flights were 29th July, I'm gonna start pestering them now, patience has gone.

8 hours ago, His name is said:

Im booked for the same place but for end of October ,  hopefully all good for then

Carl Weathers
On 05/08/2020 at 14:22, OBE said:

Thanks for the quick response. My flights were 29th July, I'm gonna start pestering them now, patience has gone.

I was something like 9th - 15th July. 

14 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Bahamas, Andorra and Belgium all now going on the 14 day quarantine list

from 4 am on saturday

8 hours ago, Carl Weathers said:

I was something like 9th - 15th July. 

You been refunded?

I've been cool so far, but now feeling irked with fortunate stories like your's...well done...:thumbs_up:

Carl Weathers
13 hours ago, OBE said:

You been refunded?

I've been cool so far, but now feeling irked with fortunate stories like your's...well done...:thumbs_up:

Yeah, refunded last week.