Holiday/flight cancellations and refunds ( title updated )

Section Q

Still just waiting for Ryanair to cancel my flight in June and then I'll have got everything back.  

Hoping flights are back by September for my trip to Slovakia

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• OBE

• graygo

• Samuel Camazzola

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cancelled my holiday for late july weeks ago.

Had paid a grand so will lose deposit of 200 fair enough teach me to get private insurance straight away.

Woke up this morning to find the balance is pending .

Nashed up to bank they cant stop it.

Cant log into manage my account with jet2 as it's not recognised.

Could do with out 1100 being whipped out but no way of stopping this.

Anyone any tips ?

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, jake said:

Had paid a grand so will lose deposit of 200 fair enough teach me to get private insurance straight away.

Anyone any tips ?

If it was cancelled weeks ago, why is the balance being taken? It suggests, Jet2 still have the booking as active. 

davemclaren
3 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Bargain for a trip to the Intensive Care Unit. 

I bet Covid is excluded from the cover. 😄

Adam Murray
2 hours ago, jake said:

Anyone any tips ?

Jet2 have two different log in sites, one for Jet2 holidays and one for jet 2 villas.

I have a villa booked through Jet 2 and my account wasn't recognised through their main site, but was through their villas login page.

52 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

If it was cancelled weeks ago, why is the balance being taken? It suggests, Jet2 still have the booking as active. 

I cant access my booking anymore.

Will just have to grin and bear it.

Not handy .

It hasnt completely faked me but I will have to go canny until i get back working.

4 minutes ago, Adam Murray said:

Jet2 have two different log in sites, one for Jet2 holidays and one for jet 2 villas.

I have a villa booked through Jet 2 and my account wasn't recognised through their main site, but was through their villas login page.

Not a villa mate and before I cancelled through the amend my booking option i could access manage my account.

Just wont let me do anything.

Just need to put it to the back of my mind otherwise it will nip me tae fek man.

Even if travel restrictions are lifted I wont be going.

I try to take just me and my kids away once a year so not risking the youngest.

The rest are grown up but still.

Plus this 2 week isolation on return and no cash coming my way the last few weeks.

Would rather take the hit than risk things but it's a sore one.

I'm sure it will sort itself out .

Samuel Camazzola
22 minutes ago, jake said:

I cant access my booking anymore.

Will just have to grin and bear it.

Not handy .

It hasnt completely faked me but I will have to go canny until i get back working.

When I attempt to access my holiday that was scheduled for April, I get a message displayed stating "This booking has been cancelled". Is your message the same? 

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, jake said:

Anyone any tips ?

Surely when balance is pending you have to authorise it?

Samuel Camazzola
28 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Terms of booking with Jet2 are that if you have an outstanding balance on the final payment due date, they'll automatically claim the payment from the card you paid the deposit with. 

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Terms of booking with Jet2 are that if you have an outstanding balance on the final payment due date, they'll automatically claim the payment from the card you paid the deposit with. 

That seems a bit hard.

I take it you will get the balanced refunded In due course.

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

When I attempt to access my holiday that was scheduled for April, I get a message displayed stating "This booking has been cancelled". Is your message the same? 

No mate.

Cant remember exactly but along the lines of incorrect details.

I double checked .

Fek it I'm sure it will sort itself out.

Dull yin though.

45 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

What Sammy said.

Samuel Camazzola

It's probably the formatting of the booking reference as it could be temperamental. 

As your booking is cancelled, you'll get the pending payment back no problem. 

Samuel Camazzola
5 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

That seems a bit hard.

I take it you will get the balanced refunded In due course.

It's no problem. If you wish to pay by other means, just settle the payment before the deadline. 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Samuel Camazzola said:

It's no problem. If you wish to pay by other means, just settle the payment before the deadline. 

👍

Sooperstar
58 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Every card payment you make will be pending at first.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Every card payment you make will be pending at first.

You’re right.

I’ve noticed that on my digital bank account.

Shanks said no
On 15/05/2020 at 17:18, Jeff said:

Tui phone line = horrendous

I have them to look forward tomorrow as they are only open Monday to Friday 

Had the pleasure of calling EasyJet this morning, started the call at 11 as it might have been quicker on a Sunday morning.

1 hour 43 minutes later call concluded 

40 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Had the pleasure of calling EasyJet this morning, started the call at 11 as it might have been quicker on a Sunday morning.

I got nowhere on Friday. 3 hours in a queue before I gave up. They're playing hard ball... Probably a sign of what's to come of them as a company.

I'll be trying from 9am tomorrow and I'll happily stay in a queue til 6 haha

16 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

How you getting on?

I just applied for a refund online. Easy as pie, of course now got to wait to see if I get my money

Shanks said no
16 minutes ago, Jeff said:

How you getting on?

On hold, I have another hour then have to go out 

first time I called it said all lines busy

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

On hold, I have another hour then have to go out 

first time I called it said all lines busy

Yep I've been on hold just short of 2 hours. Must be less than 100 call handlers... Pathetic

1 minute ago, Jeff said:

Yep I've been on hold just short of 2 hours. Must be less than 100 call handlers... Pathetic

To be fair most of their staff are on furlough and what's left is having to deal with hundreds of times the amount of calls, possibly thousands.

1 minute ago, graygo said:

To be fair most of their staff are on furlough and what's left is having to deal with hundreds of times the amount of calls, possibly thousands.

Yeah I'm not going to give the call handlers any bother. It's really poor from the company though.

Shanks said no
12 minutes ago, graygo said:

I got through after 31 minutes, to be told I need to ring another number as my query relates to Gatwick / Virgin. Nice lady couldn’t tell me how long I might be on hold . Will give it a quick call then try again this afternoon 

48 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Got through after 2 hours and they hung up when I was giving my reference... Shambles

Must've shit themselves when they seen the big refund sum...:thumbsup:

16 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Must've shit themselves when they seen the big refund sum...:thumbsup:

Wouldn't be shocked if they were in serious financial trouble. 

I'm going to take this down the bank route now

Shanks said no

A gold star to Seajet Ferries in Greece. Emailed them yesterday asking to cancel.

They emailed me back at 0923 today confirming and giving me the credit note I wanted. If I don't use in timeframe then it becomes a refund, assuming they don't go bust first.

Now to try TUI again, gave up after being on hold for 25 minutes on the new number given, for 3rd party flights booked with TUI.

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

The Real Maroonblood

Has anyone booked with Jet2  in June?

Family flying out on 24thJune to Cyprus.

Is that wishful thinking it will happen?

Jambo-Jimbo
7 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Jet2 are planning on re-starting their flights around the 16th June or so, so the flight might go ahead as planned, however there might be next to nothing open in Cyprus though, when they get there.

The flight to Cyprus or anywhere for that matter might be the easy part, it's what the conditions are on the ground at your destination which is more difficult to determine right now.

Shanks said no

Failed with TUI,

43 minutes on hold (total of 2hrs all told)

Tried to get flight changed, despite TUI no longer selling the Virgin flight I am booked on, as its been pulled. Asked to switch to the BA flight that they are selling and takes off an hour later. Could only do this if I paid a change to booking fee. Turned down that option, asked for a note to be added to my file that I was unhappy with the response. Felt for the girl as she was obviously having a nightmare but she kept giving the line "we haven't been informed by the airline that the flight has been cancelled" and "when we do hear we might switch to Heathrow"

Will sit on it and wait.

Not booking another holiday until some form of normality returns.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Jet2 are planning on re-starting their flights around the 16th June or so, so the flight might go ahead as planned, however there might be next to nothing open in Cyprus though, when they get there.

The flight to Cyprus or anywhere for that matter might be the easy part, it's what the conditions are on the ground at your destination which is more difficult to determine right now.

Thanks for that bit of info.

Nucky Thompson

I just booked my February 2021 holiday to Lanzarote with Jet2. £180 deposit and the rest needs paid up at the end of November.

Worth the risk as the price was really good. If they go tits up I'll get my money back anyway through ABTA

Adam Murray
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Father in law lives in Cyprus.

Terraced bars allowed to open from this Thursday, with social distancing measures in place.

Beaches and various other venues open from June 1st, again with rules 

Jambo-Jimbo
2 minutes ago, Adam Murray said:

Father in law lives in Cyprus.

Terraced bars allowed to open from this Thursday, with social distancing measures in place.

Beaches and various other venues open from June 1st, again with rules 

I think everywhere will have some form of restrictions/rules in place for the forseeable, certainly until things calm down a bit, probably later in the year.

highlandjambo3
9 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I think everywhere will have some form of restrictions/rules in place for the forseeable, certainly until things calm down a bit, probably later in the year.

I think it’s going to be widely accepted that we will take a hit with this, an acceptable death rate will be part of the normal from now on (for the foreseeable future).  As the days go by I get a feeling that more and more people are out and about, more cars, pedestrians etc...... the new normal is approaching.   

Jambo-Jimbo
52 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I think it’s going to be widely accepted that we will take a hit with this, an acceptable death rate will be part of the normal from now on (for the foreseeable future).  As the days go by I get a feeling that more and more people are out and about, more cars, pedestrians etc...... the new normal is approaching.   

I also think it's eventually going to be a case of, feck it, we can't hide away forever from this and people will just learn to live with it (assuming there isn't a vaccine anytime soon if at all), what we'll see this year is a few tentative steps taken, next year things in your industry will begin to recover, albeit in baby steps at first, picking up pace as the weeks/months progress.

Rick James

Too fed up to read the whole thread, but has anyone dealt with Eurowings.

Flights were cancelled 3 weeks ago and I haven't got round to requesting a refund. Can't call as it's an international number. Filled out an online contact form but no idea when they'll get back to me.

I booked the flights through booking.com, you think they'll fight my corner for me?

Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, Locky said:

Too fed up to read the whole thread, but has anyone dealt with Eurowings.

Flights were cancelled 3 weeks ago and I haven't got round to requesting a refund. Can't call as it's an international number. Filled out an online contact form but no idea when they'll get back to me.

I booked the flights through booking.com, you think they'll fight my corner for me?

Did you use a credit card, Locky? If so, go via your card provider and request a charge back. Advise them you've been attempting to contact them but get no response. 

17 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Absolutely no chance and don’t expect Jet2 to resume on 17th of June as that date was set a while ago subject to review.  On top of that I’d imagine very few if any holiday destinations will be accepting tourists in June/July.  Spain are looking like far later in the year maybe even into 2021 I can see many countries being similar, especially tourists from the uk. 

Rick James
9 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Did you use a credit card, Locky? If so, go via your card provider and request a charge back. Advise them you've been attempting to contact them but get no response. 

Sadly not mate, paid by debit card. :( 

Samuel Camazzola
Just now, Locky said:

Sadly not mate, paid by debit card. :( 

I don't know what levels of protection Visa Debit offers but may be worth exhausting to see if anything can be done down that route. 👍 

The Real Maroonblood
27 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Absolutely no chance and don’t expect Jet2 to resume on 17th of June as that date was set a while ago subject to review.  On top of that I’d imagine very few if any holiday destinations will be accepting tourists in June/July.  Spain are looking like far later in the year maybe even into 2021 I can see many countries being similar, especially tourists from the uk. 

I hope you're right. 

Thanks for your input.

Nucky Thompson
39 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I read yesterday that the Spanish transport minister was looking to open Spain for foreign tourists at the end of June.

Their economy depends on tourism 

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Tenerife hotels due to open on 1st July. Will be interesting to see what countries will be permitted to fly in though.