Section Q

Cancelled my holiday and no refund from Thomsons

MES

So they say. Just trip details accessed 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, MES said:

So they say. Just trip details accessed 

Same here.

I hadn’t got round to putting passport details as my trip isn’t until September.

inspector

I received the email from Easyjet this morning as well. Stated that , like others my travel details had been accessed but not credit card or passport details. 2 days ago, I received an email from the hotel we were supposed to staying in Seville stating that if I wanted a refund I could have one if I supplied my IBAN number and the BIC code. I haven't passed them asking instead that they just credit my credit card when they can access their POS .Given the Easyjet email, I'm not sure if the message from the hotel is genuine

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, inspector said:

I received the email from Easyjet this morning as well. Stated that , like others my travel details had been accessed but not credit card or passport details. 2 days ago, I received an email from the hotel we were supposed to staying in Seville stating that if I wanted a refund I could have one if I supplied my IBAN number and the BIC code. I haven't passed them asking instead that they just credit my credit card when they can access their POS .Given the Easyjet email, I'm not sure if the message from the hotel is genuine

The hotel is an awkward one.

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

milky_26
3 minutes ago, inspector said:

how did you book the hotel? did you get your flights and hotel through easyjet? if so i would be skeptical

Samuel Camazzola

Jet 2 pushed their re-launch back to 1st July. 

inspector
30 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

how did you book the hotel? did you get your flights and hotel through easyjet? if so i would be skeptical

Yes. Booking.com in conjunction with Easyjet.

graygo

Spanish president apparently on TV just now announcing that they will lift travel restrictions in July.

Money talks.

davemclaren

All going to get interesting in July if airlines start flying despite quarantine regulations at both ends. Especially so if govt lifts the guidance to avoid all but essential travel meaning you can’t claim for your flight from the airline or your travel insurance. 

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

All going to get interesting in July if airlines start flying despite quarantine regulations at both ends. Especially so if govt lifts the guidance to avoid all but essential travel meaning you can’t claim for your flight from the airline or your travel insurance. 

A farce.

Old Blue Eyes
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Early April, today's flight Murcia golf holiday :34: and late July, all 3 cancelled by Ryanair. Flights either side of our travel date in July are still scheduled, this must be a real concern for these travellers. Tourism is the largest industry in the world. Their lack of information, direction and general customer care throughout this ongoing crisis has been absolutely criminal.

Edited by Old Blue Eyes

Lord BJ

It’s in the airlines interests to start running the routes, If easiest way to avoid refund and they will believe they will be able to convince some people to go. Lockdown restrictions are easing by the day across Europe and that is, hopefully, only going to continue. 

Personally think we will see Air Bridges happening and travel reopening around EUrope. Tourism/Aviation are so important governments will enable it.

I personally would be in favour of foreign travel re-opening for a variety of reasons. Not least fact I need a holiday to recover from lockdown 

Think places will see tourism return sooner than most think.

Old Blue Eyes

Two week quarantine at holiday destination, the same on return, can't see many being persuaded.

graygo
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Will probably happen Dave, the government's way of helping the airlines out without any cost to themselves. Helping out the insurance companies as well.

Edited by graygo

graygo
45 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

It’s in the airlines interests to start running the routes, If easiest way to avoid refund and they will believe they will be able to convince some people to go. Lockdown restrictions are easing by the day across Europe and that is, hopefully, only going to continue. 

Personally think we will see Air Bridges happening and travel reopening around EUrope. Tourism/Aviation are so important governments will enable it.

I personally would be in favour of foreign travel re-opening for a variety of reasons. Not least fact I need a holiday to recover from lockdown 

Think places will see tourism return sooner than most think.

I've not completely given up hope for my sojourn to Poland in August yet.

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, graygo said:

I've not completely given up hope for my sojourn to Poland in August yet.

If your one goes ahead I’m hopeful my one will go ahead in September to Germany.

davemclaren
12 minutes ago, graygo said:

Will probably happen Dave, the government's way of helping the airlines out without any cost to themselves. Helping out the insurance companies as well.

If it does happen it will be hard not to conclude that it’s a deliberate action by the government. 

highlandjambo3

Highland news today saying that up to 50% of people in Scotland want to head up north at some point to holiday this year (no source quoted) and, easyJet putting extra flights from Glasgow/Edinburgh to Inverness mid June.  Private holiday lets and cardigan parks the first to pick up followed by hotels/guesthouses if they can provide evidence they can social distance. 👍

CavySlaveJambo
4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Yet in March before the blanket advice, the advice was if you went to a destination that either was in lockdown or you had to quarantine was against all but essential travel to those countries.  

Dagger Is Back
6 hours ago, graygo said:

I said that to my wife a couple of weeks ago. Thought requests for bail outs had gone a bit quiet

highlandjambo3
18 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Highland news today saying that up to 50% of people in Scotland want to head up north at some point to holiday this year (no source quoted) and, easyJet putting extra flights from Glasgow/Edinburgh to Inverness mid June.  Private holiday lets and cardigan parks the first to pick up followed by hotels/guesthouses if they can provide evidence they can social distance. 👍

😂😂 cardigan parks..... autocorrect is brutal........ should say caravan  

Old Blue Eyes
41 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

😂😂 cardigan parks..... autocorrect is brutal........ should say caravan  

I thought it was a company with numerous sites.

Dagger Is Back

I'd have to say that so far, touchwood, the cancellation and refund process has been fine

J2 refunded flight costs for five of us within 2 weeks

BA are refunding flights within 3 weeks

California and UK hotels booked through booking.com have given us free cancellations even when it was a non refundable bookings we made

VA are making it difficult to get anything other than re-booking or vouchers

Pretty pleased to be honest as I was expecting a battle. One San Francisco hotel and VA to go

Samuel Camazzola
21 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I didn't realise that EasyJet were flying to/from Inverness. 👍 

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I didn't realise that EasyJet were flying to/from Inverness. 👍 

According to their website, Easyjet only fly to Inverness from Gatwick, Luton & Bristol and I can't find anything in the media or their schedule saying that Easyjet are to start flying from Edinburgh or Glasgow to Inverness.

highlandjambo3
29 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

According to their website, Easyjet only fly to Inverness from Gatwick, Luton & Bristol and I can't find anything in the media or their schedule saying that Easyjet are to start flying from Edinburgh or Glasgow to Inverness.

Ok, I may have read the Edinburgh / Glasgow bit wrong, they are increasing their flights into Inverness though.

Samuel Camazzola
29 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Ok, I may have read the Edinburgh / Glasgow bit wrong, they are increasing their flights into Inverness though.

Did they take on the FlyBe route? 

milky_26
32 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

they do have a route from edinburgh to inverness, you have to change at luton/gatwick

CostaJambo
3 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I'd have to say that so far, touchwood, the cancellation and refund process has been fine

J2 refunded flight costs for five of us within 2 weeks

BA are refunding flights within 3 weeks

California and UK hotels booked through booking.com have given us free cancellations even when it was a non refundable bookings we made

VA are making it difficult to get anything other than re-booking or vouchers

Pretty pleased to be honest as I was expecting a battle. One San Francisco hotel and VA to go

When were you meant to go? We are due to fly to USA with VA mid-July. Not sure where we will stand if we decide ourselves not to fly yet the flight does actually operate.

Jeff

Could that professor who was fired not just say he was testing his penis to ensure it still worked?

Haha wrong thread... just

Edited by Jeff

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

When were you meant to go? We are due to fly to USA with VA mid-July. Not sure where we will stand if we decide ourselves not to fly yet the flight does actually operate.

I would imagine if the flight goes and you're not on it you'll lose your money. 

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Could that professor who was fired not just say he was testing his penis to ensure it still worked?

Haha wrong thread... just

:lol:

Dagger Is Back
19 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Flying in to San Francisco and then flying back from LA. Only got the email to say the first flight on 30 June is cancelled, no mention of the second one, which was due on 17 July. My understanding was that if the flight is on and you don't fly, VA have no liability. If the FO travel advice doesn't change then I'd assume you'd be claiming on your travel insurance? 

We didn't feel comfortable going even though it's 2 months away. I don't think any of us would have relaxed.

Our plan was to hope that VA cancelled which they have. If they didn't then we were hoping FO advice would stay to allow us to claim on travel insurance. If they changed the FO advice, then we were goosed and would have taken the sizeable hit

It's not what you want to hear I'm sure.

Hope you get it sorted out OK

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Seemingly it can be a really busy flight from Gatwick to Inverness, Miss JJ has been on that flight a couple of times and she said everytime she's been on it, it's been busy, which did surprise her as she didn't think it would have been that popular a flight.

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, CostaJambo said:

This is the email from VA. Doesn't help you if you're going after 12 July 

Hello,

You may have seen in the news that a lot of destinations we and our partners operate to have been affected by travel restrictions. Because of this, flight schedules are significantly reduced until 12 July 2020.

As a result, we’re sorry to let you know that your flight on 30 Jun 2020 has been cancelled.

We understand how much you would have been looking forward to your trip, so we’ve updated our rebooking policies to ensure you have the flexibility you need. To make things as easy as possible and provide you with immediate peace of mind, we will automatically keep your ticket open as credit for you to use for travel any time up to 30th September 2022, with no fee to change your booking. If you choose to travel on the same route up to 30th November 2020, we’ll also waive any potential fare differences. If you need to alter your travel plans, or would like someone else to benefit from your booking you can change the passenger names too.

There’s absolutely no rush to make a decision right now. We suggest you keep your booking reference as confirmation of your credit and when you’re ready to rebook, we’re here for you. Just let us know when and where you’d like to travel here, and our team will be back in touch to complete your booking.

With our customer centre teams working from home due to government regulations, with limited infrastructure and availability, our phone lines are very busy right now. The quickest way for us to get you rebooked is to let us know through the form on the website. For more details on the available options and any further questions, please check our latest up to date information here

We're very grateful for your patience and understanding right now, and are really looking forward to seeing you onboard again soon.

Until then, stay safe and stay well.

Corneel Koster
Chief Customer Officer | Virgin Atlantic

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Seemingly it can be a really busy flight from Gatwick to Inverness, Miss JJ has been on that flight a couple of times and she said everytime she's been on it, it's been busy, which did surprise her as she didn't think it would have been that popular a flight.

Popular place 

CostaJambo
2 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

This is the email from VA. Doesn't help you if you're going after 12 July 

Hello,

You may have seen in the news that a lot of destinations we and our partners operate to have been affected by travel restrictions. Because of this, flight schedules are significantly reduced until 12 July 2020.

As a result, we’re sorry to let you know that your flight on 30 Jun 2020 has been cancelled.

We understand how much you would have been looking forward to your trip, so we’ve updated our rebooking policies to ensure you have the flexibility you need. To make things as easy as possible and provide you with immediate peace of mind, we will automatically keep your ticket open as credit for you to use for travel any time up to 30th September 2022, with no fee to change your booking. If you choose to travel on the same route up to 30th November 2020, we’ll also waive any potential fare differences. If you need to alter your travel plans, or would like someone else to benefit from your booking you can change the passenger names too.

There’s absolutely no rush to make a decision right now. We suggest you keep your booking reference as confirmation of your credit and when you’re ready to rebook, we’re here for you. Just let us know when and where you’d like to travel here, and our team will be back in touch to complete your booking.

With our customer centre teams working from home due to government regulations, with limited infrastructure and availability, our phone lines are very busy right now. The quickest way for us to get you rebooked is to let us know through the form on the website. For more details on the available options and any further questions, please check our latest up to date information here

We're very grateful for your patience and understanding right now, and are really looking forward to seeing you onboard again soon.

Until then, stay safe and stay well.

Corneel Koster
Chief Customer Officer | Virgin Atlantic

Cheers for that, we are due to fly out on 18 July, nae luck. Will just need to wait and see what happens after 12/07 but I expect all the airlines will be exerting the maximum pressure possible on their governments to get back to full schedules by then. Fortunately we had only booked flights and not got round to booking any accommodation by the time of the lockdown so it could've been worse. Would appreciate an update if you have any luck getting cash out of them rather than credit.

Dagger Is Back
9 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Cheers for that, we are due to fly out on 18 July, nae luck. Will just need to wait and see what happens after 12/07 but I expect all the airlines will be exerting the maximum pressure possible on their governments to get back to full schedules by then. Fortunately we had only booked flights and not got round to booking any accommodation by the time of the lockdown so it could've been worse. Would appreciate an update if you have any luck getting cash out of them rather than credit.

You're welcome mate. The process for cash refunds is text or Whats App a mobile no, provide all your details and they'll call you back, whilst warning about short staffing etc etc

It's good that you only have the flights to worry about. We'd booked 5 hotels, a mix of non refundable and free cancellations. One of the non refundable ones has given us the opportunity of a free cancellation which we've jumped at. Only left with the one now to go the same way hopefully

Will share how I get on with VA with you and hopefully you'll be ready to roll when they email you 

Taffin

Spoke to Ryanair about refunds for cancelled flights and they agreed but that they wouldn't be processed until after social distancing is lifted as their staff can't process them currently (load of nonsense obviously).

Credit card contacted and advised of the situation and the amounts were credited back. 👍

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Spoke to Ryanair about refunds for cancelled flights and they agreed but that they wouldn't be processed until after social distancing is lifted as their staff can't process them currently (load of nonsense obviously).

Credit card contacted and advised of the situation and the amounts were credited back. 👍

What a lot of bollocks from Ryanair.

Glad it was sorted.

Taffin
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

What a lot of bollocks from Ryanair.

Glad it was sorted.

Cheers. Lucky we booked on a credit card really.

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

👏👍

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, Taffin said:

Must take two people to operate the computer, maybe one has dodgy eyesight.  :laugh:

Advantage of paying by credit card.

Old Blue Eyes
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Cheers. Lucky we booked on a credit card really.

Good to hear this option is available. Lucky? What other method have you used in the past?

Taffin
2 hours ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Good to hear this option is available. Lucky? What other method have you used in the past?

I've used debit card on numerous occasions when booking flights. It was actually my partner who booked these ones otherwise I'd probably have used debit card again 😂

Old Blue Eyes
28 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I've used debit card on numerous occasions when booking flights. It was actually my partner who booked these ones otherwise I'd probably have used debit card again 😂

Did your partner use the chargeback facility on the credit card? Debit cards (Visa) offer this service also, so you were safe on both options...👍

Jambo-Jimbo

Probably been mentioned before but Easyjet are definitely planning on re-starting flights on the 15 June, most likely only UK internal flights to begin with and then overseas at sometime thereafter.