Thank You Daniel Stendel

Ethan Hunt

28 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

A January transfer window isn't really worth much. Very seldom does a club sign a player like Fernandes at Manu who changes their season for the better...When was the last time we did it? Lee Miller perhaps? 

As for "22 games" - last night was Stendel's first match against St Mirren...he hasn't even had a round of matches, and that is even harder when you are coming into a bad situation in the middle of a season.

I blame the board and I blame the previous management who bizarrely are still at the club, but I don't blame Stendel. He is trying to change things but the reaction is only coming from a few of the players. Right now I'd be content to punt the whole squad except Hickey, Smith and Clare but I'm scunnered if I know who I'd play at right back even though I only have 3 players all of whom have played there this season!

I’m fully behind stendal and believe he’s the right manager at the wrong time. However don’t think he should just be let off with this one he has to take some what responsibility 

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ethan Hunt

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Hearts1975

• GinRummy

4 hours ago, Class of 75 said:

If we don't romp that league it would be an embarrassment. The gulf between Hearts and those teams is massive. 

You don't want to fall in the trap that Sunderland did that is all I'm saying.  No club is too big to go down or too big to go up again. What is key is to work hard, not assume that its inevitable and to tackle the problems head on. 

18 minutes ago, Robdawg said:

I’m fully behind stendal and believe he’s the right manager at the wrong time. However don’t think he should just be let off with this one he has to take some what responsibility 

Indeed, but what does that mean? I don't think Stendel has been faultless. His substitutions have been largely ineffective. There have been a few games now where we haven't started playing until the second half and/or we are behind. There are questions as to why the team is not ready from the outset...What I cannot see any purpose in, is changing management team yet again...We've seen with MacPhee that making no changes from Levein's approach didn't improve things, and we've now seen with Stendel that making lots of changes achieves little too. When do the players become culpable? They are the one constant after all.

13 hours ago, jambogaza said:

Is cutting ties with stendel and bringing in a manager to roar us to the end the answer? Or is it too late for that? 

Was wondering this last night on the way home. Is it too late to ditch Stendel and put JJ and Locke in charge until the end of the season to see if they can put some fire in the bellies of our squad of overpaid imposters.

My gut feeling is that we have too many bad apples at the club and a change of manager would probably make little difference.

2 hours ago, JamboCampbell said:

Some of the comments about this guy really sum up an arsehole element of our support.

The fact that people think any of this is his doing is absolutely delusional.

I know for a fact the guy is working his ****ing arse off to try and save this club and is taking things personally. 
Whether we go down or not this guy has lit a fire again in this club but sadly it was already drowning! 
Personally for me there has been an improvement with one of the poorest squads we have had for a long time. Yes there are games he has got wrong but that is Football.

Hes brave and doesnt hide, i back him 100% long term but still think this club has some fight left in it. Its not over, we are in dire straights dont get me wrong but I think others are vastly over rating Ross County and co. Big 3 games before the split, get within 3 points and its ****ing on. 
I will be a tyne to back the club to the hilt. 
Been here before! 

I’ve been a big supporter of Stendel, but can’t understand why he’s bombing players out that could help us. Last night, for example, we would have benefitted from having a real physical presence on the park for the last half hour. But Uche is nowhere to be seen.

Then there is the team selection and subs.

Why so long to drop Pereira?

Why sub Bozanic off last night and leave Damour on for longer? 
Why on earth bring Meshino on in a game like that?

I like Stendel, and there’s no doubt he’s inherited an absolute mess. And it would be interesting to see what he could do with a blank canvas, but he can’t escape serious criticism if we are relegated with a squad packed with international players.

9 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

You don't want to fall in the trap that Sunderland did that is all I'm saying.  No club is too big to go down or too big to go up again. What is key is to work hard, not assume that its inevitable and to tackle the problems head on. 

The trap we fell into was allowing the players to rule the roost. Black Sunday, 22nd September, 2013 was the day the die was cast. Paolo Di Canio had attempted to instil some discipline into the club so the players went whining to Ellis Short. Short sacked Di Canio and the players had seen off yet another manager. We held on in The Premier League for a few more seasons before the disastrous appointment of David Moyes. Once we'd gone down without a fight under him the decline was rapid. Now we're struggling to reach the play-offs in our second successive season in the third tier.

If Hearts are relegated this season it is essential that Levein and MacPhee are out of the club and Stendel is backed fully. Anyone he wants out should be out. Do this and I'd be astonished if Hearts weren't Championship winners 2020-21.

JamboCampbell
27 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

I’ve been a big supporter of Stendel, but can’t understand why he’s bombing players out that could help us. Last night, for example, we would have benefitted from having a real physical presence on the park for the last half hour. But Uche is nowhere to be seen.

I like Stendel, and there’s no doubt he’s inherited an absolute mess. And it would be interesting to see what he could do with a blank canvas, but he can’t escape serious criticism if we are relegated with a squad packed with international players.

Agree with much of that but what I would say is the specifics over who plays and who is available will be many factors including injury, effort in training and people he just doesnt like.

We all dont have that luxury of knowing this. Eg Boyce...Stendal loves the guy but he is clearly carrying a knock otherwise he would be playing. Same with many others including Clare who is playing through the pain.

Absolutely he wont be shy of criticism if we go down. But if you look at his record since he came in we would be sitting 7th. With the shite he has at his disposal and the nonsense still surrounding certain people still being at the club i dont think thats a terrible return.

I have absolutely no doubt that with a full summer and some changes it would be night and day but unfortunately due to said predecessors he might not get that chance.

Scottie Wanshot.
14 hours ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

I'd imagine Stendal will walk because his performance as manager to date is a sackable offence in my opinion. 

totally agree.

peebles jambo

I blame the players more than Danny boy, we all knew last night should have been treated like a cup final, how did those spineless cretins not

N Lincs Jambo
1 hour ago, ROKERITE said:

The trap we fell into was allowing the players to rule the roost. Black Sunday, 22nd September, 2013 was the day the die was cast. Paolo Di Canio had attempted to instil some discipline into the club so the players went whining to Ellis Short. Short sacked Di Canio and the players had seen off yet another manager. We held on in The Premier League for a few more seasons before the disastrous appointment of David Moyes. Once we'd gone down without a fight under him the decline was rapid. Now we're struggling to reach the play-offs in our second successive season in the third tier.

If Hearts are relegated this season it is essential that Levein and MacPhee are out of the club and Stendel is backed fully. Anyone he wants out should be out. Do this and I'd be astonished if Hearts weren't Championship winners 2020-21.

Sounds very similar to the Hibs players with 6-pack Collins. Can’t stand the guy but I’ve no doubt he would have been a success there.

The most worrying thing for me about last night was that out of all our fixtures since the break that was the worst performance in terms of belief and attitude. We went behind against Rangers and won 2-1. We went behind against Motherwell but at least got the draw. Went behind last night and never even looked like scoring. Against St Mirren ffs!

Fortunately our next fixture is against a top 6 side.....

Class of 75
2 hours ago, Redhelen said:

No I totally agree, I hope though that we are in a better state than the Maccums

hmfc_liam06

Interesting that aside from a few, all these negative posters were nowhere to be seen with these "reservations" when we were chasing Stendel.

All were quite happy with what Stendel's vision was.

Imagine these same posters if we'd appointed Stuart McCall....

8 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Interesting that aside from a few, all these negative posters were nowhere to be seen with these "reservations" when we were chasing Stendel.

All were quite happy with what Stendel's vision was.

Imagine these same posters if we'd appointed Stuart McCall....

Some of us wanted someone else in. :tongue:  For me, it was Robinson. However, I gladly jumped on the Stendel train when we signed him because he was now our manager, had an interesting vision, and needed our support.

In any case, are folk not allowed to change their minds due to experience? Just because most folk didn't have reservations at the time, they are more than capable of adopting different views after seeing how events transpire. What isn't good is people going from "Stendel in!!!" to "Stendel out!!!" from one day to the next, but that hasn't happened to many folk here as far as I can see. After the initial honeymoon period, there has been a gradual changing of positions for some. Now that we're at the sharp end of the season, that will only be accentuated.

3 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Indeed, but what does that mean? I don't think Stendel has been faultless. His substitutions have been largely ineffective. There have been a few games now where we haven't started playing until the second half and/or we are behind. There are questions as to why the team is not ready from the outset...What I cannot see any purpose in, is changing management team yet again...We've seen with MacPhee that making no changes from Levein's approach didn't improve things, and we've now seen with Stendel that making lots of changes achieves little too. When do the players become culpable? They are the one constant after all.

Will be interesting to see who will leave us in the summer....

1 minute ago, Robdawg said:

Will be interesting to see who will leave us in the summer....

Will be more interesting to see who stays.

hmfc_liam06
13 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Some of us wanted someone else in. :tongue:  For me, it was Robinson. However, I gladly jumped on the Stendel train when we signed him because he was now our manager, had an interesting vision, and needed our support.

In any case, are folk not allowed to change their minds due to experience? Just because most folk didn't have reservations at the time, they are more than capable of adopting different views after seeing how events transpire. What isn't good is people going from "Stendel in!!!" to "Stendel out!!!" from one day to the next, but that hasn't happened to many folk here as far as I can see. After the initial honeymoon period, there has been a gradual changing of positions for some. Now that we're at the sharp end of the season, that will only be accentuated.

Of course you're allowed to change your mind. But let's not pretend there's not a load of "told you so" posts going round. I only recall one prominent poster having serious reservations about DS from the start.

Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

Of course you're allowed to change your mind. But let's not pretend there's not a load of "told you so" posts going round. I only recall one prominent poster having serious reservations about DS from the start.

I can't be reading enough threads then, Liam, because I genuinely haven't seen many of these at all. I myself have posted here of late that I thought he was the wrong man for the job he was given at the time he was given it, but I have always thought that. There has been no "told you so" element to that, more a "here's why I think he appears to be failing to do what we want him to do" element. We should definitely be sticking with him until the end of the season though. He was given a task to do (possibly, if the board weren't too self-confident and blinkered enough to consider the possibility of our being relegated), to keep us up, and you never know, he might still achieve it.

Rogue Daddy
2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

There's no guarantee that whoever came in to take over from Levein, would be making a better job of things. Maybe going with DS was a bold move... but he has my backing. And wherever we end up, I hope he stays and can move forward in the closed season assembling a squad to suit his style.

The common denominator is the players IMO. Inconsistent doesn't even come close. A few games recently have shown they have a bit of fight... usually after going one or two goals down... this was sadly missing last night.

I too feel like we've reached a defining moment. Last night was different... like a throwing in of the towel on the players part.

They need to take a good look at themselves - we can still get out of this, but not with players that don't have the stomach for it.

Ex member of the SaS

Will continue to back Stendel for the time being, Levein was given much more time and slack. However I am disappointed in two of his signings. Avdijaj and Langer only one of them even on the bench? What did he see in these two if he's not playing them. Plus I would have thought Sibbick would have been fit enough for this game and still nowhere to be seen.

Still don't get Washington, he works hard but has little effect and for a striker has few goals in him

24 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

There's no guarantee that whoever came in to take over from Levein, would be making a better job of things. Maybe going with DS was a bold move... but he has my backing. And wherever we end up, I hope he stays and can move forward in the closed season assembling a squad to suit his style.

The common denominator is the players IMO. Inconsistent doesn't even come close. A few games recently have shown they have a bit of fight... usually after going one or two goals down... this was sadly missing last night.

I too feel like we've reached a defining moment. Last night was different... like a throwing in of the towel on the players part.

They need to take a good look at themselves - we can still get out of this, but not with players that don't have the stomach for it.

Exactly. You make the best decision you can, then you stick with it. You don't give up and backtrack at the first or even second bump in the road. Perhaps you take stock and tweak your approach but you don't reverse it. Only once it is apparent that the decision was unequivocably wrong do you take drastic remedial action. 

The strongmen (read "pussies") on here wet their panties and start having tantrums at that first bump in the road...just so they can be first to say "Ha I was first to see it was a mistake!"

7 hours ago, amadjambo said:

Walker had a part in the goal vs Motherwell and played the ball to Washington for another great chance. Is he not seeing this? Yes, Walker has his faults bit he has quality, of that there is no doubt. And a calm head when it comes to finishing, Yet, he goes for Meshino

10 hours ago, JamboCampbell said:

Some of the comments about this guy really sum up an arsehole element of our support.

The fact that people think any of this is his doing is absolutely delusional.

I know for a fact the guy is working his ****ing arse off to try and save this club and is taking things personally. 
Whether we go down or not this guy has lit a fire again in this club but sadly it was already drowning! 
Personally for me there has been an improvement with one of the poorest squads we have had for a long time. Yes there are games he has got wrong but that is Football.

Hes brave and doesnt hide, i back him 100% long term but still think this club has some fight left in it. Its not over, we are in dire straights dont get me wrong but I think others are vastly over rating Ross County and co. Big 3 games before the split, get within 3 points and its ****ing on. 
I will be a tyne to back the club to the hilt. 
Been here before! 

:greatpost:

The simpletons in the support will never get it that the rot set in long before Stendel arrived, we are a shambles of a club lead by a clueless board. 

pettigrewsstylist

Really hope we have a relegation clause to escape this.

Dont beleive he is the answer. 

Dont want to release any more funding to him.

Need someone who knows how to win football games in Scotland, in any division.

He is working hard I'm sure

However I don't want a manager who is stating prior to a relegation battle that it's a must not lose match

I want him to state we are going out to win not to give the players the impression he would be happy with a draw.

It took quite a while for him to change his playing style even slightly when it was clear to one and all He had to change.

He seems at times to be making decisions based on dogma.

There is still time though and we can't change the manager. He will have to drag a few performances out of the players he has and he'll need to convince us he is learning as well.

If he helps us to survive then job done and we move on with him in charge.....if not then we all need to question the performances of all the management and playing staff.

Some on here need to stop blindly giving him a free pass and pretending he is not part of the current situation we find ourselves in.

He has lost the dressing room. Players don’t buy into his tactics and team selections. Saturday was final straw. Last night they let him know their thoughts again. 

12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He has lost the dressing room. Players don’t buy into his tactics and team selections. Saturday was final straw. Last night they let him know their thoughts again. 

Hard to feel any empathy or sympathy with/for them when they were shite under the other two managers this season.

**** the players if they can't find it within themselves to give 100% for the jersey, then we aren't doing our jobs we should be ripping them a new arse hole.

Ask yourself this how can we beat Hibs and Rangers, yet bottle it against the likes of Hamilton and St mirren. 

Those blaming Stendel for this mess are. 

17 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That doesn't make sense.  Who else are we going to pick.  We are not a massive quality squad.  We are down to picking Clevid because Souttars injured.  1 keeper that's alright.  Not many players are fit or able to make proper decisions.

I'd like to know what band are upset?

We have had 3 managers this season and the results have been crap under all of them.  I think we know where the problem lies or do we keep changing managers until the players all approve!!

22 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

What a shame on the players, they should be the one's ashamed of themselves. 

Just now, Papa John said:

We have had 3 managers this season and the results have been crap under all of them.  I think we know where the problem lies or do we keep changing managers until the players all approve!!

Correct papa as I said **** the players if they can't show commitment for the jersey for 90 minutes, they simply don't deserve to play for Heart of Midlothian football club. 

They make my blood boil uncaring b*******  they are very privileged to be doing the job they are doing. 

East Lothian Jambo
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Certainly didn't get that impression with what I watched last week at Easter Road. Saturday was a bit disjointed as we had no midfield and no width with a line of forwards. That wasn't helped by injury to Clare 

These players have no right to turn their back on any manager. They've been collectively rotten all season 

6 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

This’ll be the same players that obviously didn’t buy Levein or McPhee’s tactics either!!!

The good news is after this season the majority of them will not be buying into some other managers tactics and team selections at some shitty wee club they are playing for. The players are a fecking disgrace! Good riddance to them.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

6 hours ago, CJGJ said:

He is working hard I'm sure

However I don't want a manager who is stating prior to a relegation battle that it's a must not lose match

I want him to state we are going out to win not to give the players the impression he would be happy with a draw.

It took quite a while for him to change his playing style even slightly when it was clear to one and all He had to change.

He seems at times to be making decisions based on dogma.

There is still time though and we can't change the manager. He will have to drag a few performances out of the players he has and he'll need to convince us he is learning as well.

If he helps us to survive then job done and we move on with him in charge.....if not then we all need to question the performances of all the management and playing staff.

Some on here need to stop blindly giving him a free pass and pretending he is not part of the current situation we find ourselves in.

The problem at Hearts is far bigger than Daniel Stendel. The problem at Hearts has been going on for about three years. Deep rooted issues that Stendel is addressing but hey, let’s just sack him and keep the same problem players, not for me.  The vast majority of this squad needs emptied. What we do t need is some other manager coming in and giving these charlatans more time to prove themselves. They’ve had plenty of time for that. Get rid them and start again.

It should have been ten
7 hours ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Certainly didn't get that impression with what I watched last week at Easter Road. Saturday was a bit disjointed as we had no midfield and no width with a line of forwards. That wasn't helped by injury to Clare 

These players have no right to turn their back on any manager. They've been collectively rotten all season 

Spot on 

9 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

**** the players if they can't find it within themselves to give 100% for the jersey, then we aren't doing our jobs we should be ripping them a new arse hole.

Ask yourself this how can we beat Hibs and Rangers, yet bottle it against the likes of Hamilton and St mirren. 

Those blaming Stendel for this mess are. 

I didn’t say they are not giving 100% because of this. Point was they don’t buy into his tactics etc and it’s causing dressing room problems. Treatment of Boyce is perfect example. Limited game for Walker another. Players think he isn’t playing their strongest team in recent matches. 

The Muffin Man

Heated words with Boyce before Saturdays game. Players also let rip after Wednesday. The players have been made aware of a clause in his contract that would allow him to leave at the end of the season. One could only speculate as to who leaked that....Budge has spoken to the senior players and they’ve made their feelings known. 

He’s lost the dressing room.

I like Daniel Stendel alot and really wanted him to do well here. But his stats cant be overlooked. Any other team in the Spfl would bang goals in with Boyce, Washington and Naismith and most sides would jump at the chance to have Smith Halkett Souttar and Hickey.

Something just doesn't work.

11 minutes ago, The Muffin Man said:

Heated words with Boyce before Saturdays game. Players also let rip after Wednesday. The players have been made aware of a clause in his contract that would allow him to leave at the end of the season. One could only speculate as to who leaked that....Budge has spoken to the senior players and they’ve made their feelings known. 

Then get a new dressing room. If the senior players have made their feelings known she mustn't make the same mistake as Ellis Short. She must back Stendel and get rid of any player who isn't prepared to knuckle down and give everything for the team.

alicante jambo
1 hour ago, Haken said:

Thread's starting to smell a bit.

Aye certainly is. Hivs scum all about this place.

1 hour ago, The Muffin Man said:

giphy.gif.9ce847deb7e68c590876a9bc0a32118b.gif

1 hour ago, The Muffin Man said:

Is your source a coach or a player?

1 minute ago, sac said:

Probably some guy in a boozer or just made up

2 minutes ago, sac said:

I suspect it's a boy in a yacht with a penchant for excel spreadsheets.  Or some other spoon burning lice ridden nonentity.

Brick Tamland
31 minutes ago, Haken said:

Thread's starting to smell a bit.

You are too kind, it is absolutely reeking of waltzer spinners at the moment

Edited by Brick Tamland

The Muffin Man

Aye, I’m Hibs. You got me bang to rights.

So very ****in standard, kickback.

Believe whatever you want.

bigsuperslim1874
1 minute ago, The Muffin Man said:

To be fair, you haven’t responded to the question about the source? How legit is it?

The Muffin Man
1 minute ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

To be fair, you haven’t responded to the question about the source? How legit is it?

It’s something I’ve heard and if I didn’t trust where it came from I wouldn’t have mentioned it.

I notice @soonbe110 is subject to less scrutiny despite obviously hearing similar. Not quite as easy to throw the Hibs accusations his way though which I understand given post counts n all.

7 minutes ago, The Muffin Man said:

Only when people with low post counts who recently join 👍

Your other “exclusives” have been pretty wide of the mark as well.

Personally rumours are just that. Rumours. Spreading them helps no one. 

Why you chose to spread this particular “rumour” only you know although I and others suspect why.

Edited by Vlad Magic
Spelling

• davemclaren locked this topic