Thank You Daniel Stendel

Ethan Hunt

The effects of a long-term decline and the threat of relegation should not be underestimated.

This squad are a disgrace collectively, and that mentality has been condoned over a long period of time.

Daniel Stendel is not responsible for the deep-seated weak mentality of a squad he inherited just a few short months ago. 

He may or may not be the man to take us forward, but he should not be judged short-term on the performances of the biggest shower of under-achieving and so-called-professional footballers seen at Tynecastle in at least the past 30 years.

I've been watching Hearts since circa 1990, and I've never seen such levels of delusion among a group of players... 

Swaggering about like their abilities have transcended sport itself during matches WE'RE actually losing;

Tapping the ball further away from an opponent who's waiting to take a throw-in when WE'RE losing the game and running out of time to equalise or win;

Turning-up professionally when they see an opportunity to ingratiate themselves with the supporters e.g. by beating Hibs and rangers, then utterly staying at home and letting us lose against diddy teams around us that are actually more important in terms of avoiding relegation;

The list could go on.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ethan Hunt

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Hearts1975

• GinRummy

Whoever the manager is, if he is brought in with more than half a season to play and has a signing window, then he has to hold some responsibility for what happens in that time and with that window.  

While acknowledging that the January window is never an easy one, and that our lowly position would not have helped that, it has turned out to be utterly dismal.  Sibbick we can put down to bad luck - must be some illness.  Boyce - exciting signing, but then we have to remind ourselves that he was at Burton, so perhaps not the marquee signing it felt like.

Langer and Avdijaj were Stendel signings - neither of them is good enough for this league, and that's one of the worrying thing for me.  They are just two very bad signings that have made no impact and are just eating up a wage.  Thankfully, they're on short term contracts, and I'm in no way forgetting the ridiculous signings on MUCH longer contracts like Martin and Damour.

Unfortunately it is always the manager who carries the can, but if we're honest then we have to say that the players, with few exceptions, have been a disgrace.  I don't want to hear one more word from any of them about the situation we're in. 

We are the worst team in the league and we are going down in 12th spot.  I've been a huge supporter of Ann Budge and think she has done wonders, but it appears to have come at the cost of the single most important element at HMFC.  

The irony of going down in the year we take ownership while the guy who romped the Championship with a free-scoring Hearts will be bringing his team up.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Imagine having Boyce Naismith and Washington at your disposal and producing the same shit as Levein. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51845763

Stendel has improved what he inherited, and his record is better than his predecessors. 

If the league had started in January, we'd be 7th in the table, not bottom.

This is discussed in the article above.

Conveniently forgetting December 

15 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

Stendel has improved what he inherited, and his record is better than his predecessors. 

😂😂😂😂

What a load of shite. The only stat that matters is where we are not where we would be taking a snapshot of his record. League position wise we are worse and worse significantly. We now need teams to lose, he should be embarrassed by where he has taken us. 

9 hours ago, DH1986 said:

The guy is a fraud.

He hasn’t got what it takes to get us out this.

Who then?  McCall, Wright, McCann, MacPhee? To my mind we let the man for the job leave the club. He’s now doing a first class job at Dundee United. 

Fozzyonthefence
30 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

That conveniently ignores all the games he lost at the start though.  His record as a whole is about the same.  

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Who then?  McCall, Wright, McCann, MacPhee? To my mind we let the man for the job leave the club. He’s now doing a first class job at Dundee United. 

Where the Dundee Utd fans are now asking questions about him after a terrible run in the Championship. 

We didn’t just let him go, he left to take up a better paid job in England to try and raise his profile there.  

Oh FFS man up Hearts fans. So fed up of pathetic losers wanting every manager sacked at the earliest opportunity....

17 minutes ago, Deevers said:

We’ve had three managers since then. If a club our size can’t recover from losing Robbie Neilson then it’s the people appointing the managers that get the blame. He wasn’t alex ferguson ffs. Clubs lose managers all the time without the three year comedy catastrophe that we’ve become. 

Edited by GinRummy

36 minutes ago, Haken said:

Whoever the manager is, if he is brought in with more than half a season to play and has a signing window, then he has to hold some responsibility for what happens in that time and with that window.  

While acknowledging that the January window is never an easy one, and that our lowly position would not have helped that, it has turned out to be utterly dismal.  Sibbick we can put down to bad luck - must be some illness.  Boyce - exciting signing, but then we have to remind ourselves that he was at Burton, so perhaps not the marquee signing it felt like.

Langer and Avdijaj were Stendel signings - neither of them is good enough for this league, and that's one of the worrying thing for me.  They are just two very bad signings that have made no impact and are just eating up a wage.  Thankfully, they're on short term contracts, and I'm in no way forgetting the ridiculous signings on MUCH longer contracts like Martin and Damour.

Unfortunately it is always the manager who carries the can, but if we're honest then we have to say that the players, with few exceptions, have been a disgrace.  I don't want to hear one more word from any of them about the situation we're in. 

We are the worst team in the league and we are going down in 12th spot.  I've been a huge supporter of Ann Budge and think she has done wonders, but it appears to have come at the cost of the single most important element at HMFC.  

The irony of going down in the year we take ownership while the guy who romped the Championship with a free-scoring Hearts will be bringing his team up.

It is always the manager who takes the blame. The only good thing is whoever’s in charge next season, between relegation clauses, contracts ending and players leaving for other reasons, we’ll hopefully see the back of most of the spineless losers in our squad. 

It should have been ten
10 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Thank you Daniel Stendel. For a while you galvanised the support and made me forget just how much I detest this bunch of charlatans we have as a team.

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We’ve had three managers since then. If a club our size can’t recover from losing Robbie Neilson then it’s the people appointing the managers that get the blame. He wasn’t alex ferguson ffs. Clubs lose managers all the time without the three year comedy catastrophe that we’ve become. 

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly. However I bet some of the clowns who decided Robbie was not good enough for us are having a wee rethink. History repeating its self at this club yet again. We got rid of Tommy Walker in the 60s and appointed a succession of complete imposters until relegation eventually followed. It’s happened again here. Yes Budge and co have a lot to answer for - no doubt about that. A clearout in the boardroom is now a must. We were sitting in a pretty comfortable position with the direction that this club was heading in. All that ruined now.

13 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Oh FFS man up Hearts fans. So fed up of pathetic losers wanting every manager sacked at the earliest opportunity....

I'm with you on that. 

"Sack the manager" is such a simplistic reaction. 

Kennedy Bakircioglu

His tactics, training, communication, substitutions, press conferences, general understanding are all a mess. 

Not the right guy and certainly not the right time for him. He's not the man required for next season to re-build. A baffling decision to interview him and give him the job, especially for one that took over four weeks in duration.

2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly. However I bet some of the clowns who decided Robbie was not good enough for us are having a wee rethink. History repeating its self at this club yet again. We got rid of Tommy Walker in the 60s and appointed a succession of complete imposters until relegation eventually followed. It’s happened again here. Yes Budge and co have a lot to answer for - no doubt about that. A clearout in the boardroom is now a must. We were sitting in a pretty comfortable position with the direction that this club was heading in. All that ruined now.

It’s not even the fact we’re getting relegated that bothers me. It’s the fact we’ve just kind of sleepwalked into it, it was just so avoidable. The whole thing, Cathro, levein getting two roles. Levein getting last summers transfer window, Farting about with McPhee for 6 weeks, Stendel arriving on his own without assistants, CL and Am hanging around the club. Stendel’s awful winter window. Just awful decision after awful decision. 

I’ve no doubt missed a lot of screw ups but you get the drift.

JamboCampbell

Some of the comments about this guy really sum up an arsehole element of our support.

The fact that people think any of this is his doing is absolutely delusional.

I know for a fact the guy is working his ****ing arse off to try and save this club and is taking things personally. 
Whether we go down or not this guy has lit a fire again in this club but sadly it was already drowning! 
Personally for me there has been an improvement with one of the poorest squads we have had for a long time. Yes there are games he has got wrong but that is Football.

Hes brave and doesnt hide, i back him 100% long term but still think this club has some fight left in it. Its not over, we are in dire straights dont get me wrong but I think others are vastly over rating Ross County and co. Big 3 games before the split, get within 3 points and its ****ing on. 
I will be a tyne to back the club to the hilt. 
Been here before! 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s not even the fact we’re getting relegated that bothers me. It’s the fact we’ve just kind of sleepwalked into it, it was just so avoidable. The whole thing, Cathro, levein getting two roles. Levein getting last summers transfer window, Farting about with McPhee for 6 weeks, Stendel arriving on his own without assistants, CL and Am hanging around the club. Stendel’s awful winter window. Just awful decision after awful decision. 

Yep, dither and a complete lack of decisiveness. I feel sorry for Stendel given what he has inherited. It’s almost impossible to turn things round given the hand he was dealt by Levein and Co. It will take time to sort all of this out. One thing is certain and that is that the current board can’t be trusted in all of this. They have to go. 

20 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

It's football fans, they're the same at every club. ONE WEEK ago Stendel was the hero masterminding victory at Easter Road but now apparently he's a clueless failure and a fraud. If, and it's looking increasingly likely, Hearts go down this season then there's no-one I'd rather have leading the fight for the Championship title than Stendel.

As for Robbie Neilson, he chose to leave and failed miserably at MK Dons. His Dundee United side seem to be doing their best now to throw away a massive lead though I hope they don't as I backed them ante-post. 

6 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Yep, dither and a complete lack of decisiveness. I feel sorry for Stendel given what he has inherited. It’s almost impossible to turn things round given the hand he was dealt by Levein and Co. It will take time to sort all of this out. One thing is certain and that is that the current board can’t be trusted in all of this. They have to go. 

Absolutely spot on in every word That you say 

This shit show, to put it mildly, has been in the creation for a long long time 

The problems run a whole lot deeper than Stendel and at least some have the savvy to identify with this 

The manager carries the can, I get that ... it’s whats inside the can that actually worries me 

It’s toxic, f...... toxic 😕

19 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Completely. Again, spot on with the post.

Mr Elwood P
22 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Stendel had never been in charge of signing players at previous clubs. We brought him in and asked him to do it during a relegation battle, in a new country and a new League. Agree with a lot of what has been said. We’ve just lurched from one disaster to the next.

22 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We haven’t sleepwalked though, the change didn’t work. I’m not disputing getting rid of CL took far too long but the change was made and in the main it was a vastly pleasing appointment. So far he has been a complete failure as I’m sure his main objective was to get us away from the relegation zone. While acknowledging the bigger picture the blame is at Stendels door. CL carries the can for his part but DS has had long enough and 4 new players to put us in a worse position. I continually look back gives him far more credit than he deserves thus far. 

19 minutes ago, JamboCampbell said:

Some of the comments about this guy really sum up an arsehole element of our support.

I know for a fact the guy is working his ****ing arse off to try and save this club and is taking things personally. 
Whether we go down or not this guy has lit a fire again in this club but sadly it was already drowning! 
Personally for me there has been an improvement with one of the poorest squads we have had for a long time. Yes there are games he has got wrong but that is Football.

Hes brave and doesnt hide, i back him 100% long term but still think this club has some fight left in it. Its not over, we are in dire straights dont get me wrong but I think others are vastly over rating Ross County and co. Big 3 games before the split, get within 3 points and its ****ing on. 
Been here before! 

Feel like this as well. I genuinely believe that because of our set-up he has been hamstrung from the get-go. 

I don’t think he maybe anticipated the extent of the problems 

I don’t actually think Stendel is the issue 

I still support him but I know that time is running out for him 

Maybe the timing of his appointment wasn’t right .. I  really don’t know 

Just feel a bit shit with it all right now in all honesty 

jack D and coke
8 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

JJ won’t take the job, even if Ann begs him to. That’s straight from the horse’s mouth and it’s nothing to do with his heart attack either.
I wanted Robbo in December but was shot down on here, perhaps rightly but we’ll never know. He may not have come anyway for similar reasons JJ would turn it down. 
It’s quite ironic that Craig Levein and Ann Budge let Jamie Mac, Stevo and Jamie Hamill go because they feared that having senior pros from the previous regime (Lockie/BB) hanging around the place and influencing youngsters would be detrimental. 

Because that is the correct way to do things. You clear out the old and begin again. 
Levein and MacPhee still hanging about is maybe the most ludicrous thing I’ve ever heard of at any club. I’d have been pissing myself had it been hibs. 
I ****ing hate Craig Levein. 

colinmaroon
11 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

I really don’t want to be too harsh on the guy because he joined the club when the rot was set in deep but he’s not cutting the mustard in the games that matter. 

Was it Stendel's fault that e.g. Naismith was woeful last night, that the only choice central defenders continue to make individual mistakes that cost us goals, plus our "best" seem to be unable to cross a decent ball, take a chance, etc.?

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Because that is the correct way to do things. You clear out the old and begin again. 
Levein and MacPhee still hanging about is maybe the most ludicrous thing I’ve ever heard of at any club. I’d have been pissing myself had it been hibs. 

Levein should have been emptied when he started saying "I don't know what the problem is" and "I know what the problem is" then nothing would change...The fact he is still at the club is indeed ludicrous. I get the feeling Budge also doesn't know what the problem is, or maybe she does but is doing nothing about it?

2 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Feel like this as well. I genuinely believe that because of our set-up he has been hamstrung from the get-go. 

I don’t think he maybe anticipated the extent of the problems 

I don’t actually think Stendel is the issue 

I still support him but I know that time is running out for him 

Maybe the timing of his appointment wasn’t right .. I  really don’t know 

Just feel a bit shit with it all right now in all honesty 

Its this nonsensical unwavering support for CL that is rightly mocked on here and likely on occasion by yourself. 

I am desperate for DS to turn us around but stop making excuses for him. His managerial record has got progressively worse. Not sure what you think is going to change. 

54 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I'm not calling for the manager to be sacked, there is no question that the effort of the players has improved, their abilities are good. The problem appears to me to be tactical, everybody seems to know our tactics and how to overcome them. The evidence is in the results.The only thing that matters in winning prizes and getting relegated is results, scoring more goals than the opposing team.

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Hear hear 

You would have to ask Mrs Budge though, as she reckons he was still doing a great job around the club 

It’s an absolute cluster f... Of a situation 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

Hear hear 

You would have to ask Mrs Budge though, as she reckons he was still doing a great job around the club 

It’s an absolute cluster f... Of a situation 

Last night came as no real shock to me, my gut feeling was what eventually unfolded and I wasn’t that wound up. 
Today though I’m ****ing seething, proper ****ing fuming. 
****ing *****. The lot of them. 

10 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I agree, I was just pointing out the irony in the brutal way those players were treated on Budgement Day (on which Levein was the main player) and the way Levein and McPhee are being mollycoddled.

19 minutes ago, Dazo said:

We haven’t sleepwalked though, the change didn’t work. I’m not disputing getting rid of CL took far too long but the change was made and in the main it was a vastly pleasing appointment. So far he has been a complete failure as I’m sure his main objective was to get us away from the relegation zone. While acknowledging the bigger picture the blame is at Stendels door. CL carries the can for his part but DS has had long enough and 4 new players to put us in a worse position. I continually look back gives him far more credit than he deserves thus far. 

Apportioning blame between DS and CL is just a matter of opinion. Imo it’s an argument that can’t be clearly won. They’re both to blame to some extent. We did sleepwalk into it though.  There was zero urgency in getting rid of CL and while in a desperate position the board took far too long appointing his replacement.

6 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Its this nonsensical unwavering support for CL that is rightly mocked on here and likely on occasion by yourself. 

I am desperate for DS to turn us around but stop making excuses for him. His managerial record has got progressively worse. Not sure what you think is going to change. 

Your right about one thing. I’ll mock him and mock him at every given opportunity to the fact that the shit show left behind him lies solely at his doorstep. 

I have also came to the realisation that the players we have aren’t capable of playing the way Stendel wants them to play and going from a team who sat back trying to outthink opponents and hope to nick a goal, for 2.5 years, to going all out attack to win games in the midst of a free fall toward relegation has been to much for them. The players just aren’t capable of it. Who signed all of these players and also the ones who are no longer with us. 70 odd players in Leveins tenure .. no where near any of his SPL managerial counterparts .. says it all 

Far Too many bottlers in the camp. The way we played the other night in fact suggest this to a tee. They were disinterested or couldn’t handle the pressure from the word get go 

Stendel was brought in and by all accounts we have seen glimpses of what can happen when we play it his way. In these glimpses I have seen more of how we can destroy teams than I seen under Levein in charge hence retaining hope that Stendel could bring us that consistency 

All too often the glimpses haven’t been enough and because we are inconsistent as f... we now find ourselves in this position

AB and the board should just GTF as they have presided over this debacle from day dot. I still have belief in Stendel but retain no belief that the players can do what he wants them to do. Unfortunately if he goes we won’t know or have the opportunity to see if he was even given a fraction of the time that Oor Craig was given to recruit his own side what type of footballing side we could have had. 

17 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Last night came as no real shock to me, my gut feeling was what eventually unfolded and I wasn’t that wound up. 
Today though I’m ****ing seething, proper ****ing fuming. 
****ing *****. The lot of them. 

I’m feeling the venom today, for sure. Forget tactics and all the rest of it, it was a gutless, spineless effort from a gutless, spineless Squad given that it was a hugely important game

I would have seen the day that if you had asked me if every single player that we had on our books would be emptied immediately, I would have said instantly, do it. I have Never felt like that in my life.

Daniel Stendel roasts Hearts players and admits side have been rocked by St Mirren relegation haymaker.

Daniel Stendel last night delivered a damning verdict on Hearts ’ survival hopes by admitting his players lack the stomach for a survival fight.

The Jambos are rooted to the bottom of the Premiership after Jon Obika’s goal left them four points adrift. Boss Stendel raced straight up the tunnel at the end and admitted time is running out on his side. 

He said: “There are no reasons for performances like this. I can’t understand why we weren’t ready. I have no reasons for this, especially after our results last week.

“I said to the players that today wasn’t the knockout decision but it was a big punch for us. 

“I can say I will never give up and I expected the same from my players. But we cannot play like this. 

“It doesn’t matter if we win or lose – we can’t play without a fight given our position in the league. In the first half that wasn’t enough. 

No one expected a performance like that in the first half. We still had 45 minutes to win this game but that wasn’t the first time this season that we’ve conceded a goal in the first five minutes of the second half. 

“That was a big disappointment. From the first minute we were not ready.

“We didn’t play how we wanted to play and St Mirren played how we expected. We conceded a goal in the second half but it was more our fault than a great chance for them and it decided the game. 

“You can’t say we didn’t react – we tried but we didn’t do the right things. 

“We didn’t have many chances but St Mirren didn’t have too many either. Some of our players’ performances were not very good.” 

The German refused to concede Hearts are now approaching the point of no return as they face a drop into the Championship with a trip looming to Livingston on Sunday. 

He said: “We’ve lost one of the biggest games, maybe of the whole season. But this was not the end of the league. In three days we have the next chance but we’re running out of games.

“We need wins. It doesn’t matter how many. We just need wins. With performances like this we won’t get too many.”

27 minutes ago, H2 said:

I'm not calling for the manager to be sacked, there is no question that the effort of the players has improved, their abilities are good. The problem appears to me to be tactical, everybody seems to know our tactics and how to overcome them. The evidence is in the results.The only thing that matters in winning prizes and getting relegated is results, scoring more goals than the opposing team.

I think last night was Stendel trying to simplfy the tactics for the weather and a bottom 6 battle...I didn't see the match but the weather yesterday when I was driving on the M8 was dreadful. I think he, or the players off their own bats, bypassed the midfield as they thought they could bombard the opposition and if enough finishers were on the park, enough balls would break to them that one or two could capitalise. Pretty unsophisticated stuff. Unfortunately we have a bunch of strikers who are not very prolific...

Scottie Wanshot.

He came in and started a new type of football, the wrong time to start and change the game the players were used to, if he was wanting to try a new system. it certainly wasn't the time to do it. He played Pereira for far to long, if Bobby had been playing we wouldn't be in this position. The players he's signed haven't been any good, Boyce has scored 2 goals, but has no place and not much to offer.  Sten is in charge so it's mostly his fault were in this position, Wrong manager who cant even get the player's to show Any fight. I felt sorry for the supporters who were at the game last night, and watched a team of Hearts players who dont give a toss if they win it not. forby Smith Hicky, and Bobby.

16 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Your right about one thing. I’ll mock him and mock him at every given opportunity to the fact that the shit show left behind him lies solely at his doorstep. 

I have also came to the realisation that the players we have aren’t capable of playing the way Stendel wants them to play and going from a team who sat back trying to outthink opponents and hope to nick a goal, for 2.5 years, to going all out attack to win games in the midst of a free fall toward relegation has been to much for them. The players just aren’t capable of it. Who signed all of these players and also the ones who are no longer with us. 70 odd players in Leveins tenure .. no where near any of his SPL managerial counterparts .. says it all 

Far Too many bottlers in the camp. The way we played the other night in fact suggest this to a tee. They were disinterested or couldn’t handle the pressure from the word get go 

Stendel was brought in and by all accounts we have seen glimpses of what can happen when we play it his way. In these glimpses I have seen more of how we can destroy teams than I seen under Levein in charge hence retaining hope that Stendel could bring us that consistency 

All too often the glimpses haven’t been enough and because we are inconsistent as f... we now find ourselves in this position

AB and the board should just GTF as they have presided over this debacle from day dot. I still have belief in Stendel but retain no belief that the players can do what he wants them to do. Unfortunately if he goes we won’t know or have the opportunity to see if he was even given a fraction of the time that Oor Craig was given to recruit his own side what type of footballing side we could have had. 

Levein mk1 could beat the rubbish teams and predictably lose to the OF. Levein mk 2 couldn't even beat the rubbish teams. What was the difference - big, goalscoring No 9. Simple as that: Uche is no De Vries or even a Kevin McKenna when it comes to putting the ball in the net. Time's moved on since Levein mk 1...

Stendel will get us results against the OF but what he is trying to do against the smaller teams is exactly what Steven Gerrard's Rangers are currently failing to do with an even more expensive squad. These wee clubs have, over decades, developed a form of football which is not pretty but is pretty effective against a team which is strong favourite. Celtic have that extra quality but even they only squeak by with a late goal sometimes...Rangers without Morelos being up for it, have nothing. Hibs and Aberdeen struggle for any consistency. We have even less...

What’s he had 22 games to out perform the likes of Hamilton and St Mirren. He’s had transfer window. He’s also inherited a team where we can agree isn’t too bad on paper. I’ve heard a lot of fans just blaming the players. Stendal has to take responsibility too here. Not acceptable for a club like us it’s embarrassing  

27 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Apportioning blame between DS and CL is just a matter of opinion. Imo it’s an argument that can’t be clearly won. They’re both to blame to some extent. We did sleepwalk into it though.  There was zero urgency in getting rid of CL and while in a desperate position the board took far too long appointing his replacement.

Aye fair enough but would have getting DS any sooner made much difference ? I’m very doubtful of that and results suggest it was the wrong appointment. Its a ****ing sin that it’s  us that suffer though. 

Scottie Wanshot.
12 hours ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

I'd imagine Stendal will walk because his performance as manager to date is a sackable offence in my opinion. 

totally agree.

Robbo-Jambo
11 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Stendel has not impressed at all in the job. I don't think he's up to it, he's better than Levein but not the man.

This.

He is clueless as well.

Let's play the high pressing game, nah doesn't work we leak too many goals.

Let's change it, nah doesn't work either as can be seen from last night's disgraceful pathetic performance.

The players should have been so up for that game last night but were not and obviously his job is to have them motivated which he couldn't.

As for his signings there not up to much and I include Boyce in that looking at his performances after his first 2 games. Sibbick is partly excused because of his illness and it's hard to make a judgement on him.

He was the wrong man appointed at the wrong time to get us out of this shambles that has been built by the arse that is Craig Levein.

All imo of course.

Can someone explain to me why we signed Boyce and bench him/play him in midfield? We needed a striker. He ain't going to score on the bench  or 30 yards from goal. The game last night had all the hallmarks of a team trying to adopt a safety first approach in the first half, getting a rollicking at halftime, pushing further up at the start of the second half and getting caught immediately with a ball over the top. the bottom line is we don't have the players to play a successful high press /zonal marking system. That and persisting with that useless goalie has taken us to the brink of relegation. If we go down and persist with  these tactics with these players we will struggle against Championship sides who will all play the same way as St Mirren, Hamilton etc.

2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

This.  Calling for heads at every opportunity is ridiculous.  It doesn't solve anything, and do we really think that anyone will want the job knowing they'll get sacked after the first defeat or 0-0 draw?

I have much more faith in Stendel than I did in Levein.  Let's give him absolutely full backing and support until the end of the season.  We have soundly beaten Hibs, beaten Rangers, and drawn against Motherwell in the past few weeks.  They are great results against Top 6 teams, and not the results of a manager who is out of his depth.  The problem is there's no point in winning those games if we can't beat the ones we need to beat around us.

I blame the players for not taking the situation seriously in the smaller games.  We have to work on it, and sort it out ASAP.  There are 24 points to play for.  We are 4 behind.  Get it ****ing done Hearts.

Edited by tian447

3 minutes ago, Robdawg said:

What’s he had 22 games to out perform the likes of Hamilton and St Mirren. He’s had transfer window. He’s also inherited a team where we can agree isn’t too bad on paper. I’ve heard a lot of fans just blaming the players. Stendal has to take responsibility too here. Not acceptable for a club like us it’s embarrassing  

A January transfer window isn't really worth much. Very seldom does a club sign a player like Fernandes at Manu who changes their season for the better...When was the last time we did it? Lee Miller perhaps? 

As for "22 games" - last night was Stendel's first match against St Mirren...he hasn't even had a round of matches, and that is even harder when you are coming into a bad situation in the middle of a season.

I blame the board and I blame the previous management who bizarrely are still at the club, but I don't blame Stendel. He is trying to change things but the reaction is only coming from a few of the players. Right now I'd be content to punt the whole squad except Hickey, Smith and Clare but I'm scunnered if I know who I'd play at right back even though I only have 3 players all of whom have played there this season!

The Old Tolbooth

I'm at the stage where I've just accepted the fact that we're going down now, because the disease at our club (Levein, Budge, and others), was too far deep rooted to be cured, I think Stendel is the right man, but at the wrong time, and it's not going to work for him here now, sadly. 

On the plus side, it's smokies and steak bridies on away days next season, what's not to like?  

6 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Levein mk1 could beat the rubbish teams and predictably lose to the OF. Levein mk 2 couldn't even beat the rubbish teams. What was the difference - big, goalscoring No 9. Simple as that: Uche is no De Vries or even a Kevin McKenna when it comes to putting the ball in the net. Time's moved on since Levein mk 1...

Stendel will get us results against the OF but what he is trying to do against the smaller teams is exactly what Steven Gerrard's Rangers are currently failing to do with an even more expensive squad. These wee clubs have, over decades, developed a form of football which is not pretty but is pretty effective against a team which is strong favourite. Celtic have that extra quality but even they only squeak by with a late goal sometimes...Rangers without Morelos being up for it, have nothing. Hibs and Aberdeen struggle for any consistency. We have even less...

I wanted something different after Levein MK2 .. was sick of the boring football and tactics displayed,week in week out, barring the 2 games against Septic (how ironic is that) 

Stendel comes in . New ideas, new philosophy .. I started thinking back to the Burley era, even JJ and must admit, and thought, we could be on the cusp of something similar. Obviously that hasn’t happened as of yet ... reality is that we are light years away from it 

can’t argue with your post in all honesty re the consistency .. the fact the sheep and the vermin are ahead of us in terms of consistency just wants to make me want to spew up 

1 hour ago, JamboCampbell said:

Been here before! 

Utterly delusional, but in a nice kinda way 👍🏻

• davemclaren locked this topic