Thank You Daniel Stendel

Ethan Hunt

16 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Is cutting ties with stendel and bringing in a manager to roar us to the end the answer? Or is it too late for that? 

Too late and f’n stupid to boot. Who n their right mind would take us on?

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ethan Hunt

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Hearts1975

• GinRummy

Tonight was the night for me. Stendel shouldn’t stay beyond the end of this season whether we stay up or not.

Its just not working for him. 

17 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Is cutting ties with stendel and bringing in a manager to roar us to the end the answer? Or is it too late for that? 

Far, far, too late for that. It’s in the hands of the Football Gods now.

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

The guy is a fraud.

He hasn’t got what it takes to get us out this.

A fraud? Feck off!! The fraud is the one lurking around the corridors of Riccarton.

allanjyoung

I’m rather perplexed by why thy the OP stated with ‘Thank you Daniel Stendel’.

He inherits a dismally motivated club with a very poor recruitment record. However,  he has fans desperate for him to do well . He has an abysmal record against our relegation rivals, yet had an excellent week against 2 rivals. He follows this up with a very poor 4 days.

I am in no way of the ‘sack him now’ faction but am aghast at how people may see him as the miracle worker to get ourselves  of this desperate situation.

As regards a manager in the Scottish Championship...

20 minutes ago, indianajones said:

He inherited shite and has been found out to not be a miracle worker. 

He tried his best with what he was given and he gets no blame from me. 

Levein though...

Pretty much this.

Stendel....right man wrong time.......

kevins_barnet

If Stendel was Scottish there would be protests outside Tynie calling for his head. However he’s painted as some continental visionary by the football hipster element of our support and folk lap it up and rather than admit they were wrong will do all manner of mental gymnastics to make excuses for him.

Edited by kevins_barnet

12 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

No manager has impressed me since Neilson to be honest. Theyve all been smug and cr@p, maybe Ann Budge is too nice to them. There should always be pressure 

I think you might have nailed it!

2 minutes ago, JH-HMFC said:

Would be interested to see a poll on whether JKB thinks Stendel should go or not

I think the majority wouldn't care if he went tbh. 

11 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

A fraud? Feck off!! The fraud is the one lurking around the corridors of Riccarton.

The one lurking around hasn’t been our manager since October.....

Stendel has now been in charge of more league games than Levein this season and worsened our position in that time.

This is just a fact.

Edited by DH1986

Saint Jambo

The Stendel fanboys are totally cringe inducing. Can't help but think if he was called Heckingbottom he wouldn't be getting the same backing for his awful record. For a man who said "no excuses" his fanboys seem to have an endless supply of excuses for him.

Looking odds on that we will be the third club in three to sack him inside 18months. (I await some dull Barnsley weirdo appearing to lecture me on how he is actually doing an amazing job at Hearts.) Someone called him a fraud earlier in the thread, I think I'd call him a myth.

1 minute ago, DG_HMFC said:

I think the majority wouldn't care if he went tbh. 

You get the feeling we’ve seen this picture before. We don’t have the patience for another experiment to continue beyond it’s natural lifecycle. 

Hearts fans now know a duffer in quick smart time (when we see one). I desperately want to be wrong, but I fear DS is another lost cause.

He had baggage before he joined. His appointment was laboured. His first press conference was concerning. He comes across poorly in interviews, He seems disconnected/disinterested. 

I want to be wrong; however, I’m finding that hard to believe right now.

He has to take his fair share of stick and responsibility for the shambles out on the pitch. Was it December he took over? His signings have been shit. 1 cant get in match day squad. 2 cant get in starting 11. His tactics seem to change from game to game. The players that HE puts out on the pitch are being outfought by St Mirren, Motherwell and Hamilton. Im sick of people singing his praises. We were shite under Levein and we are still shite!

23 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

We haven’t won in Paisley in the league for 10 years.  Tonight was always going to be tough because of that stat.  I haven’t given up on him yet, but I’m close to giving up on this squad. 

Yep. Really Awful record there. The one constant in all this has been the players. They didn’t perform under CL. They didn’t perform under AM. And they aren’t, despite scoring a few more goals, performing under DS.

There is blame at all of the above mentioned incumbents. A large chunk at the damage caused by CL and we can’t disregard the inaction of AB after the SC final last season, when it was painfully obvious a change in management was required.

However, the players need to take a real hard look at themselves. Notwithstanding the odd blip (beating Rangers and Hibs, which granted, were very enjoyable), they are the most culpable here. 

If this squad goes down, they will surely be history makers, for all the wrong reasons; The most expensive squad assembled to be relegated from the top flight in Scotland, who had not suffered any points deduction. 

Gutted. 

Some folks say we have the quality to stay up not sure about that.

Stendall came into a nightmare and was always going to be an uphill task.

Real damage was done first half of the campaign.

Mathematically could still avoid the drop but really do they deserve it.

9 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

The one lurking around hasn’t been our manager since October.....

Stendel has now been in charge of more league games than Levein this season and worsened our position in that time.

This is just a fact.

Do you honestly believe we’d be in a better position under Levein?

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Do you honestly believe we’d be in a better position under Levein?

The facts are we are in a worse position under Stendel.

And this is despite him signing 4 new players.

The previous coaches and managers were to blame for this.  Next to take responsibility is the players for me.  After that then maybe Stendel.  

Class of 75
45 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Yes the way forward. Cut ties with him now and bring a manager till end of the season 

29 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

The previous coaches and managers were to blame for this.  Next to take responsibility is the players for me.  After that then maybe Stendel.  

This!

1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

We haven’t won in Paisley in the league for 10 years.  Tonight was always going to be tough because of that stat.  I haven’t given up on him yet, but I’m close to giving up on this squad. 

Stat had nothing to do with tonight. Clueless tactics, clueless substitutions and clueless players sums it up for me. 

His record as manager is only slightly better than Cathro s and he has a much better squad. Was never going to be the solution because he didn’t want to be here. Was made an offer he couldn’t refuse financially. Thankfully gone soon. 

34 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Yes the way forward. Cut ties with him now and bring a manager till end of the season 

I’d put Naismith in charge as long as he doesn’t pick himself. 

38 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Who realistically would come/ is available?

Obviously clueless lack of energy and clueless lack of bottle the manager gave the players tonight aswell.....👀. The team that only started against and beat Hibs a week ago.   

The team flunked it. Maybe tactical changes as the game went on were wrong but they’ve let this game get into their heads and have proven how weak they are when it counts. 

No manager can account for that. The only thing he can do is work on that once the event has happened, but that’s in normal circumstances. There isn’t time. We need big people right now. 

Class of 75
Just now, Redhelen said:

Good question. We need someone who is tactically aware and has knowledge of the Scottish game. Possibly John Robertson or Jim Jeffries if he is physically able. We need to he hard to beat and right now Stendel is not able to do that. Being out fought by the dross at the bottom end of the league is nowhere good enough for a club the size of Hearts 

2 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Good question. We need someone who is tactically aware and has knowledge of the Scottish game. Possibly John Robertson or Jim Jeffries if he is physically able. We need to he hard to beat and right now Stendel is not able to do that. Being out fought by the dross at the bottom end of the league is nowhere good enough for a club the size of Hearts 

Are they out of work at the moment? And to stay up surely you not only need to be hard to beat but have the ability to win games.  Which of those would be best?

Edited by Redhelen

Class of 75
Just now, Redhelen said:

Are they out of work at the moment? And to stay up surely you not only need to be hard to geat but have the ability to win games.  Which of those would be best?

Jeffries yes, retired really and Robertson at ICT. Wouldn't take much to prise him away. I think if we become hard to beat that will be the fist step to winning. Hearts should be rolling over the likes of St Mirren, Hamilton and Motherwell not being given a game by them 

People do realise that obika handball it before scoring his goal tonight, or am I missing something?. 

Just now, Class of 75 said:

Jeffries yes, retired really and Robertson at ICT. Wouldn't take much to prise him away. I think if we become hard to beat that will be the fist step to winning. Hearts should be rolling over the likes of St Mirren, Hamilton and Motherwell not being given a game by them 

Hearts in general or this current Hearts squad? I thought Motherwell were 3rd in the league?

Class of 75
Just now, Redhelen said:

Hearts in general or this current Hearts squad? I thought Motherwell were 3rd in the league?

Hearts in general. By far the third biggest team in the SPL. Motherwell are third but are nothing more than a glorified pub team. Whereas Hearts had close to 18,000 there on Saturday, teams like Motherwell and Hamilton would be lucky to attract a tenth of that 

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, indianajones said:

He inherited shite and has been found out to not be a miracle worker. 

He tried his best with what he was given and he gets no blame from me. 

Levein though...

This and budge. Stendel has had enough games to improve our situation though and failed terribly.

Happy to be relegated to finally rid us of the stink that budge and levein have created.

Heartbroken.

Tonights display was a new low for me. 

2 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Hearts in general. By far the third biggest team in the SPL. Motherwell are third but are nothing more than a glorified pub team. Whereas Hearts had close to 18,000 there on Saturday, teams like Motherwell and Hamilton would be lucky to attract a tenth of that 

I think you may be a bit like Sunderland. Big fanbase, relatively new stadium signing big name players who dont necessarily do it for your club. It may be that a more realistic approach is needed if you get relegated to build up again.

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

This and budge. Stendel has had enough games to improve our situation though and failed terribly.

Happy to be relegated to finally rid us of the stink that budge and levein have created.

Heartbroken.

Tonights display was a new low for me. 

Not long back from Paisley and couldn't be more deflated after that performance. 

We have a team of overpaid shite bags who think they are better than they actually are. 

Class of 75
Just now, Redhelen said:

I think you may be a bit like Sunderland. Big fanbase, relatively new stadium signing big name players who dont necessarily do it for your club. It may be that a more realistic approach is needed if you get relegated to build up again.

True, just a bitter pill to swallow 

Jambof3tornado
6 minutes ago, flem said:

Not long back from Paisley and couldn't be more deflated after that performance. 

We have a team of overpaid shite bags who think they are better than they actually are. 

I feel bad for stendel because he hasnt had a proper chance, given the players at his disposal are mostly the ones that got us to where we were when he took over but he persisted with Joel in goal for too long and tonight, subbing bozanic and not damour was fekkin staggering.

Damour getting a 4 year contract is bloody outrageous too.

6 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

True, just a bitter pill to swallow 

It can be done but dont fall into the trap of expecting to romp the league due to who you are.  Seems like you need a good director of football to identify the right players and manager if necessary.  And you need to stick with them, not chop and change too much.

4 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I feel bad for stendel because he hasnt had a proper chance, given the players at his disposal are mostly the ones that got us to where we were when he took over but he persisted with Joel in goal for too long and tonight, subbing bozanic and not damour was fekkin staggering.

Damour getting a 4 year contract is bloody outrageous too.

For me Stendel gets his share of the blame. We didn't get any managerial bounce when we appointed him. None of his 4 signings have hit the ground running. I'm not at all sure what his game plan was tonight, it seemed to be lob the ball forward every chance you get.

With our resources,  the January transfer windows and the international players we have at our disposal a competent manager should have been able to turn things around.  

Jambof3tornado
Just now, flem said:

For me Stendel gets his share of the blame. We didn't get any managerial bounce when we appointed him. None of his 4 signings have hit the ground running. I'm not at all sure what his game plan was tonight, it seemed to be lob the ball forward every chance you get.

With our resources,  the January transfer windows and the international players we have at our disposal a competent manager should have been able to turn things around.  

Agreed. Even boyce though looks half the player he was.

500ClubCraig

Can it get any worse? No not in terms of league position!
Boot DS now and put Gary Locke &  Gary Naysmith in charge for last 8 games.... what’s to lose🤔

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, Redhelen said:

The ideal candidate is already with us.....

JJ won’t take the job, even if Ann begs him to. That’s straight from the horse’s mouth and it’s nothing to do with his heart attack either.
I wanted Robbo in December but was shot down on here, perhaps rightly but we’ll never know. He may not have come anyway for similar reasons JJ would turn it down. 
It’s quite ironic that Craig Levein and Ann Budge let Jamie Mac, Stevo and Jamie Hamill go because they feared that having senior pros from the previous regime (Lockie/BB) hanging around the place and influencing youngsters would be detrimental. 

Edited by Shaggy2

Fozzyonthefence
3 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

How many games is that though?  They haven’t been in the same league most of these 10 years have they?

Nelly Terraces

Heard the St Mirren manager post game saying tonight wasn't anything about the performance & it wouldn't be pretty - it was all about getting a result. And he'd drummed that into his players.

Seems from the off they took that on board while the Hearts team sauntered about in 3rd gear. I heard Stendel after the game & he just rambled. The difference between the 2 managers was stark.  

That gengen-whatever looked remarkably similar to trying to play up and under to me... 🤔

Maybe it was Levein that set up the team and suggested the tactics?

Or maybe, just maybe too many folk went all in and thought this guy was some sort of messiah, and that all we needed to do was sack Levein for the results to improve? Too many people were too focused on the sacking Levein part, the important part was getting in someone who would halt our march towards relegation, and Stendel has not done that. He still might, but our form since he came in is abysmal.

Still... style of play is all that matters isn’t it? None of this winning in a “boring” style like Neilson was doing. When the **** did we turn in to the FFF Hibs? 🙄

We have no choice but to just see this shit show out now, as it would be expensive stupidity to sack another manager at this stage, and the new man wouldn’t have enough time to turn things around anyway. Time to just grip the safety bar and pray for the best.

I have thought we were down for a while now, but did enjoy the Hibs and Rangers results. It was great to see us up for a derby, but then Levein managed that too. Stendel needed to get results against the teams around us in the bottom six and he has absolutely failed at that. Still time for him and the players to sneak their way out of last place and maybe win the play off final, and a very good chance of a cup final, so we will just have to hope we salvage something from that.

We needed to follow up the wins against the bigger teams with wins against our relegation rivals, but he’s consistently failed to do that. 

See next time we are winning in a “boring” fashion, can we just maybe weigh the merits of that up a wee bit better and remember how utterly dire this feels.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

Class of 75
6 hours ago, Redhelen said:

It can be done but dont fall into the trap of expecting to romp the league due to who you are.  Seems like you need a good director of football to identify the right players and manager if necessary.  And you need to stick with them, not chop and change too much.

If we don't romp that league it would be an embarrassment. The gulf between Hearts and those teams is massive. 

• davemclaren locked this topic