Thank You Daniel Stendel

Ethan Hunt

9 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Well I hope not. The real cancer is the vast majority of our current players. Someone needs to cure that cancer and I’ve seen enough about Stendel that if he got his own players in - not short term, all that’s available in January ones - we could see a real difference.  If talk of depressing room disharmony is true then it’s hardly surprising. Stendel has found a lot of these players out. The obvious ploy for them is to get rid of the person who has found them out. Budge needs to be strong and stick by Stendel and allow him time to get rid of these feckers.

One way or another I think he’d be gone. I’d like to see him start next season after a clear out and new signings and see what he can do but it’s not happening imo. 

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ethan Hunt

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Hearts1975

• GinRummy

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I would like him to stay.

Not only his own people but a knowledge of the League too may improve his decision making 

Strangely I’ve enjoyed Stendel’s time. I still think there is hope. 

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

One way or another I think he’d be gone. I’d like to see him start next season after a clear out and new signings and see what he can do but it’s not happening imo. 

I think Stendel has fallen for the club. Regardless of how the season pans out if we don’t sack him I think he’ll stay. Given the opportunity to mould his own team I think we’d be in for exciting times. It’s certainly not been dull thus far, frustrating, but not dull.

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Strangely I’ve enjoyed Stendel’s time. I still think there is hope. 

I think Stendel has fallen for the club. Regardless of how the season pans out if we don’t sack him I think he’ll stay. Given the opportunity to mould his own team I think we’d be in for exciting times. It’s certainly not been dull thus far, frustrating, but not dull.

He should have done better but I agree the players are the big problem. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He should have done better but I agree the players are the big problem. 

Yeah. Two years of downward spiral. Three different managers. Barring a few good performances the same shit being turned out. The players are at fault here. I’d be willing to take the pain of relegation (looking likely anyway) to get rid of the majority of them. 

J.T.F.Robertson
2 hours ago, JamboAndrew said:

Wow, underperforming players look to blame someone else.

New manager would come in and give them time.

This is also the season for hibs shiesters to stir the pot.

A few people on here post things that tend to come true. I'll wait until one of them post to verify before I gnash my teeth in rage at DS.

I regularly see this "underperforming players" statement. They're not "underperforming", for the most part they're just dross, along with a few others we're no longer saddled with.

I'm no Levein basher, and it's water under the bridge now, but what a fekin mess he's left his successor in. (more importantly, the club) You'd almost have to try to be that fekin useless.

pettigrewsstylist
10 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I would like him to stay.

Not only his own people but a knowledge of the League too may improve his decision making 

He signed 3 players. 

Im not giving him credit for Boyce.

No more money down the plughole pse on fantasy whims.

6 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

He signed 3 players. 

Im not giving him credit for Boyce.

No more money down the plughole pse on fantasy whims.

Why isn’t he getting the credit for Boyce? who I may add has been pretty shite since his arrival.

Captain Canada

Sibbick, Boyce, Donis and Langer haven't had much game time at all so far for various reasons. 

I said before the window we needed at least 8 new players in but January is notoriously difficult to sign quality. 

I'd love him to stay as I think he would be great with his own squad who buy into his system. Hopefully that will be in the top flight rather than the Championship.

He's been fighting with one arm tied behind his back so far. I know he needed some persuasion to come to us and to be fair, his gut instinct was probably right. It's hardly been a walk in the park so far. 

Diadora Van Basten

If the league is dispersed the we should count our lucky stars and get rid of this clown before the start of next season.

49 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Look at the return on his signings so far. 

Well he managed to get 150k for Mulraney, am I doing this right 😏

That's profit,😉

13 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

If the league is dispersed the we should count our lucky stars and get rid of this clown before the start of next season.

Not totally convinced by Stendel, regardless of whether we stay up or go down, if things have not improved dramatically in the first six weeks of next season he goes, and we bring in a steady proven manager with knowledge of Scottish football, we are never challenging the old firm any time soon but we should always be challenging for Top 4

TyphoonJambo
16 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

Sibbick, Boyce, Donis and Langer haven't had much game time at all so far for various reasons. 

I said before the window we needed at least 8 new players in but January is notoriously difficult to sign quality. 

I'd love him to stay as I think he would be great with his own squad who buy into his system. Hopefully that will be in the top flight rather than the Championship.

He's been fighting with one arm tied behind his back so far. I know he needed some persuasion to come to us and to be fair, his gut instinct was probably right. It's hardly been a walk in the park so far. 

I agree with the Captain. 

On 14/03/2020 at 09:40, jack D and coke said:

I’m totally on board with what you’re saying here mate. Scottish football has drained the life out of me over the years. The thought of fresh eyes and fresh ideas from a man not brought up to fear playing the old firm certainly got my juices flowing a lot more than appointing a Jack Ross or Stuart McCall and I’m still glad we took the gamble. Appointing one of the others might have gotten us a few more points but we won’t ever really know now. I believe Stendel walked into an absolute shitshow after speaking to someone who knows a few players and it was probably worse than he expected it to be. 
Ive never had the strange optimism that some displayed on here expecting us to start romping up the table as the players just don’t have the quality imo or not enough of them anyway. 
Ive not completely chucked the towel in although who knows what the hell will happen now with the suspension of the football. 

I hear you mate. Think the only difference between us was that when Stendel came in I probably got a bit too excited and didn’t tame my realism or expectations like you did.

Completely agree with all that you say - glad that we went left field with DS appointment and still want to believe that it will come good 

In the midst of another season and another roller coaster of emotions a global flu epidemic calls a halt to everything. You couldn’t make it up  🤷‍♂️

• davemclaren locked this topic