Electrician

jambolass1000

jambolass1000

Looking for a recommended electrician to replace white plug and light sockets with brushed steel ones.  2 doubles 1 single and 4 light switches.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, jambolass1000 said:

Looking for a recommended electrician to replace white plug and light sockets with brushed steel ones.  2 doubles 1 single and 4 light switches.

Sykes in Colinton.

Very reliable and they do a good job.

I'm not taking the pish, but save yourself some cash and do it yourself. 

All you need to do is turn the leccy off to make it safe. Unscrew the old ones and take a picture of how they're wired in. Put the new ones in exactly how the old ones were. It really is as simple as that.

The Real Maroonblood
32 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

All you need to do is turn the leccy off to make it safe. Unscrew the old ones and take a picture of how they're wired in. Put the new ones in exactly how the old ones were. It really is as simple as that.

What could possibly go wrong.

2 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Great advice.

2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

What could possibly go wrong.

Not much if you have half a brain.

2 hours ago, IronJambo said:

This is the right answer.

3 hours ago, IronJambo said:

By turning the leccy off..do you know its actually off?

Trust nothing..test at the socket to make sure its off.

42 minutes ago, Tott said:

Only a thicko wouldn’t check. :lol: 

Advice like that shouldn’t be allowed though. Allow natural selection to run its course. 

14 hours ago, jambolass1000 said:

A spark to change sockets and switches. :rofl:

:munny:

9 hours ago, IronJambo said:

This

Tough crowd for Jambolass. I wonder if, mothers, sisters, aunties or female partners of all those saying 'do it yourself' would be happy to wire up sockets and switches? None of mine would.

It might not be quite as easy as it's been made to look here. I changed all the sockets and switches in my kitchen last year (for some lovely black nickel ones), and it was a real pain. The connectors on the new sockets were in different places to those on the old; there is no standard. This meant it was difficult to get the wires connected as some of them were too short to reach easily, and it took some swearing to get them in. How I wish my granny had been there to do it for me.

@jambolass1000 Of course do it yourself, but only if you feel comfortable doing it. Sorry I can't recommend anyone.

8 hours ago, Tott said:

Playing Russian roulette with a fat brown wire is much more fun.