Aberdeen to reduce stadium capacity

Getintaethem

IveSeenTheLight
6 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Not all true. A Hearts side getting league positions that the sheep have had last 6 seasons would be selling out. But then we also have 8,000 putting in over £1m a season in donations.

thats the difference 

AberDNA is taking in similar revenues

3 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

They should just close the whole stadium down.  It's a crumbling shithole.  It actually annoys me that teams have almost gone to the wall having to upgrade their stadiums (like Dunfermline etc) to be in the top flight while Aberdeen were allowed to let theirs rot.

Totally agree. Include us in this too. The bulk of the debts that nearly sunk is were from stadium redevelopment.

HardcoreJambo
12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

To the topic of the thread though, when we we're doing well or even when we're doing not so well, we fill a lot more of our stadium than Aberdeen does. While Aberdeen were finishing second and we were down in the Championship, our average home attendance was a fair bit above theirs.

I agree, but theres enough evidence that Aberdeen has a large fanbase. I'd argue their fanbase is a similar size to ourselves and Hibs.  Personally, I feel there are a number of factors that come into play. Their current stadium is incredibly unappealing. I know a number of Aberdeen fans who only commute to away games as they find home games to be incredibly boring and the atmosphere is dire. A new stadium (if built well) will increase attendances. They wish to replicate what we have at Tynecastle by having the stands close up to the pitch. There is also a fair portion of fans that are staying away due to the turgid shite they play under McInnes. Aberdeen haven't been known for playing free flowing football. Ticket pries have only just been reduced under Cormack. Ourselves and Hibs have newer stadiums (at least we've renovated our stadiums) and they are more appealing. You're likely to have an eye poked out by a seagull at Pittodrie! Cormack seems to believe Aberdeen have missed out on a generation of kids who opted not to follow Aberdeen (their hometown club) due to the apathy that has set into the club. He is clearly trying yo entice younger fans of football to come support their hometown over say The Rangers and Celtic.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, HardcoreJambo said:

I agree, but theres enough evidence that Aberdeen has a large fanbase. I'd argue their fanbase is a similar size to ourselves and Hibs.  Personally, I feel there are a number of factors that come into play. Their current stadium is incredibly unappealing. I know a number of Aberdeen fans who only commute to away games as they find home games to be incredibly boring and the atmosphere is dire. A new stadium (if built well) will increase attendances. They wish to replicate what we have at Tynecastle by having the stands close up to the pitch. There is also a fair portion of fans that are staying away due to the turgid shite they play under McInnes. Aberdeen haven't been known for playing free flowing football. Ticket pries have only just been reduced under Cormack. Ourselves and Hibs have newer stadiums (at least we've renovated our stadiums) and they are more appealing. You're likely to have an eye poked out by a seagull at Pittodrie! Cormack seems to believe Aberdeen have missed out on a generation of kids who opted not to follow Aberdeen (their hometown club) due to the apathy that has set into the club. He is clearly trying yo entice younger fans of football to come support their hometown over say The Rangers and Celtic.

Their fans are notoriously apathetic. Have been as long as I can remember. Pittodrie holds all the memories of the Ferguson era. I'm amazed their fans support leaving over renovating Pittodrie.

HardcoreJambo
12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Their fans are notoriously apathetic. Have been as long as I can remember. Pittodrie holds all the memories of the Ferguson era. I'm amazed their fans support leaving over renovating Pittodrie.

Completely agree, they have some of the most fickle set of supporters in Scottish football. The mere fact they want rid of McInnes shows how pathetic their fanbase is. Probably because he was an ex rangers player. They went through near relegation (should have been relegated but were saved by Falkirk's stadium not meeting the required standards of the SPL). If he leaves because he's forced to by the fans, their fans deserve all that they get once he leaves.

• 2 weeks later...

Well that's unfortunate.  They almost had a plan when they tried to reduce their stadium capacity.  I feel if they had the chance for it to work they would be safe. 🧐🤑

Psychedelicropcircle
8 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Don’t know what everyone is talking about. They are building a £50m+ stadium remember. 

Booted into the long grass & blamed on covid19. 

I think I just got confused somewhere.  First link says £2 million a year season tickets https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51830824  2nd link says £5 million https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52006599

🤨

Didn't notice 5 mill includes other stuff like, seasonal hospitality and new shirt sales coming in through mid-July.

Edited by HMFC01

2 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Booted into the long grass & blamed on covid19. 

Oh! Well, shame that. I’m 110% certain it would have happened had it not been for that pesky virus. 👍

I await the tabloid rags, Dick Gordon, Wullie Miller, Tam MacmAnus, Fraser Wishart et al lining up to give the sheep a shoeing when their plan comes through.