Sign in to follow this  
Barack

Glasgow scran.

Barack

Right, since plenty on here work, live and party in the City Centre - I'm after good JKB recommendations, please.

Specifically, takeaways/streetfood on the way home from a night out. I'll be staying at Jury's Inn on Jamaica Street, and will be in and around Central Station/Mitchell Street/Lane area for the evening. 

Any good middle-eastern joints? Pizzas? 

Not going out of my way for them, just if there are any that you've sampled in the general vacinities and are decent. 

I've every faith, JKB...

Boab

Sugo Pasta on Mitchell St.

Fresh pasta and some great sauces. Good, quick service.

Was in yesterday and the Tagliolini was fantastic.

Locky

Rats out a bucket. Local delicacy.

AndyNic

Babs. Unreal food! 

OmiyaHearts
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Barack said:

Right, since plenty on here work, live and party in the City Centre - I'm after good JKB recommendations, please.

Specifically, takeaways/streetfood on the way home from a night out. I'll be staying at Jury's Inn on Jamaica Street, and will be in and around Central Station/Mitchell Street/Lane area for the evening. 

Any good middle-eastern joints? Pizzas? 

Not going out of my way for them, just if there are any that you've sampled in the general vacinities and are decent. 

I've every faith, JKB...

Get to Mezadakia on St Vincent street, best Mediterranean / Persian food I've had. The swordfish is truly incredible. A 5 min walk from Jurys Inn.

Across the road from Mezadakia is Pizza Punks - massive pizzas with as many toppings as you want for a tenner Plus they have Starompramen on tap.

Donerhaus for some of the best kebabs in the city. 

If you've had a few beers and fancy a takeaway, head to Turquois on Oswald Street - been going there for post beer scran for 20 years. It's literally round the corner from Jurys Inn.

BTW head to Macsorleys, just beside the hotel, for a few beers if you get a chance. One of the best in Glasgow, along with Pot Still on Hope Street.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

BM1874

Went to the flying duck on Renfield Street (13 minute walk from Jamaica st) Appreciate it’s not specifically what you are looking for, but it’s a vegan place you wouldn’t really realise, food was brilliant and there is a decent range of beers and cocktails on the menu, so would quite happily recommend 

https://www.theflyingduck.org