Range Cooker needs taken upstairs

Albert Tatlock

Albert Tatlock

I live in the colonies in Shandon. Moved in last year. Couple of weeks ago the Belling range cooker packed up. Ordered a new one from AO and I paid extra for them  to install and take the other one away.

The new one is a Belling 100DF and is the same size as the one that is knackered. Delivery guys turned up on Friday and flat out refused to take it upstairs, there is 19 of them and the corner is tight. They knew there were stairs when I placed the order. Stated H and S as reason for not doing it.

Was rescheduled for yesterday with another crew. Refused again. They want me to find folk that will take it upstairs and take the old one downstairs. I wouldn’t know where to start.

I am raging, people get range cookers, American style fridge freezers delivered all the time ffs.

They also said I would get the same response no matter where I ordered it from.

Anyone got any ideas what I can do bar cancel the order?

Cheers

Nucky Thompson

I've never heard that before.

What about removal companies, do they only move people who live on main doors or ground flats?

1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I live in the colonies in Shandon. Moved in last year. Couple of weeks ago the Belling range cooker packed up. Ordered a new one from AO and I paid extra for them  to install and take the other one away.

The new one is a Belling 100DF and is the same size as the one that is knackered. Delivery guys turned up on Friday and flat out refused to take it upstairs, there is 19 of them and the corner is tight. They knew there were stairs when I placed the order. Stated H and S as reason for not doing it.

Was rescheduled for yesterday with another crew. Refused again. They want me to find folk that will take it upstairs and take the old one downstairs. I wouldn’t know where to start.

I am raging, people get range cookers, American style fridge freezers delivered all the time ffs.

Cheers

I initially read that as there were 19 folk for the delivery. :lol: 

The Real Maroonblood

Cheers

Send it back.

Cheers

Phone one of they 'man and van' guys. I'm sure they would be able to arrange something.

I'd love to see them working for a removals company, we have to take a lot worse than that up tight stairways and without any of that protective polystyrene. We once had a 3 seater sofa to come down a steel spiral staircase too which although wasn't the heaviest, it was an absolute joke expecting us to do so without causing damage, but we done it. 

On another note, I hate my job 😠

16 minutes ago, Col1874 said:

I'd love to see them working for a removals company, we have to take a lot worse than that up tight stairways and without any of that protective polystyrene. We once had a 3 seater sofa to come down a steel spiral staircase too which although wasn't the heaviest, it was an absolute joke expecting us to do so without causing damage, but we done it. 

On another note, I hate my job 😠

That's a shame - I thought you would have found it rather uplifting.

Seriously though, perhaps you and a mate or two could do a homer for the OP?

Harry Potter
On 10/03/2020 at 18:38, gjcc said:

I initially read that as there were 19 folk for the delivery. :lol: 

8 hours ago, redjambo said:

These are the chaps you need.

the_music_box_laurel_and_hardy_390.jpg?1

:lol:

Doctor FinnBarr
On 11/03/2020 at 22:29, jb102 said:

Can you have take aways until bob a job week?

Didn't that get done away with many moons ago because they didn't want Cubs and Scouts turning up and random odd blokes doors and being invited in to "do a job"?

luckyBatistuta

Do it yourself, I got two mates to help me pick up a snooker table (slate) that I bought...from a basement flat in Ainslie Place. Don’t  be lazy💪🏼

1 hour ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Didn't that get done away with many moons ago because they didn't want Cubs and Scouts turning up and random odd blokes doors and being invited in to "do a job"?

Cub/Scout masters not wanting to share?