Imagine this scenario

gashauskis9

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Weakened Offender said:

I don't need to watch the highlights from that match, I was at the other one. The main match that day. 

Ok, how many players were out?

What about the early penalty we should have had?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Weakened Offender

• Marvin

5 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

It wasn't just a case of who was out, some played while suffering from the illness.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

It wasn't just a case of who was out, some played while suffering from the illness.

It was desperately unlucky, but par for the course for us. "Always the Bridesmaid" and all that. The cup final the following week made me certain I'd never see Hearts win anything, which made 98 so much sweeter.

Ricardo Quaresma
18 minutes ago, graygo said:

Very true, absolutely

No-one has ever said how the entire team were affected, where they ate and who provided the food

Bizarre

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
Added more

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Italians talking 3 scenarios one which includes freezing the League and using play offs to determine the issues 

Weakened Offender
29 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Yeah, we should have had a penalty. 

We should have pumped Clydebank the week before too. 

Pasquale for King
11 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

We beat St Mirren 2-0 tomorrow night and go above them on goal difference.  

On Thurs morning, the SPFL/SFA decide to end the season prematurely due to COVID-19.  To ensure that Dundee Utd don’t hit the wall, the decision is taken to cancel the play offs, but relegate one and promote one.  As a result, St Mirren are relegated on goal difference on technically the last day of the season.  They then spend the rest of their eternity thinking about how this could have been avoided if they hadn’t let Celtic pump them last weekend.

That my friends is ****ing karma!!!

I like the way you think 👍🏽👏🏾😂.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Yeah, we should have had a penalty. 

We should have pumped Clydebank the week before too. 

We could have done lots of things that season. Not conceding 6 vs St Mirren for example. It doesn't mean we still can't have a go at St Mirren.

A few folk on this thread are in denial about a conspiracy theory without providing any irrefutable evidence whatsoever that their unproven belief is anything other than just that, a personal belief, a theory.

Edited by newbie
pur speling

If the decision is to play all remaining games behind closed doors, would Hamilton and Livingston notice the difference?

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Cruyff said:

They have to fulfil the 38 games, they can postpone or play behind closed doors. What they cannot do is finish a season early. Any team that finds themselves in the bottom two places, relegated, will be suing the arse off the SFA for millions. 

Possibly, but the act of god shit or however it's worded could be a loophole. 

I just want us off the bottom asap to remove any doubt tbh. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, newbie said:

A few folk on this thread are in denial about a conspiracy theory without providing any irrefutable evidence whatsoever that their unproven belief is anything other than just that, a personal belief, a theory.

Not sure I understand if you agree St Mirren lied down or don't. As for evidence, as if watching the game itself and taking into account that St Mirren team was decent isn't enough, Sandy Clark's book had some detail. Campbell Money for example was either "rested" or refused to play.

Frank McAvennie also admitted that he told the St Mirren goalie which way to dive for a penalty he was taking for Celtic to help save them from relegation a couple of seasons after the 86 game. So the idea that players do things to help other teams is not really that far fetched.

Here's some evidence then of players helping teams they support:

But, in 1987, he headed back to Scotland to sign for boyhood heroes Celtic.

And, ironically, it was while wearing the green and white hoops that Macca once again proved his credentials to the St Mirren faithful.

Billy McNeill’s Bhoys looked a sure thing to win the Premier League title in the club’s centenary season and would go on to do so, while a McAvennie brace also secured the Scottish Cup for the Parkhead men.

But the situation couldn’t have been more different for Saints, who were embroiled in a bitter relegation battle.

So, when Celtic were awarded a penalty against the Buddies on a cold day at Love Street, Macca stepped up to the plate and promptly told his old Buddie Money exactly where he was going to place the spot-kick.

Money informed Macca that he would seek vengeance in the form of a boot to the crown jewels if the Celtic striker was having him on.

As it was, Macca duly sent the ball into Money’s hands – only to be immediately subbed by fuming Celtic gaffer McNeill.

portobellojambo1
12 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

On Thurs morning, the SPFL/SFA decide to end the season prematurely due to COVID-19.  To ensure that Dundee Utd don’t hit the wall, the decision is taken to cancel the play offs, but relegate one and promote one.  As a result, St Mirren are relegated on goal difference on technically the last day of the season.  They then spend the rest of their eternity thinking about how this could have been avoided if they hadn’t let Celtic pump them last weekend.

While I wouldn't complaint if we win 2-0 we only have to beat them 1-0 and we will go above them based on our goals for total. I wish I knew why this has added itself in the way it has rather than just below the original quotation.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Nothing silly about it. It was disgraceful from St Mirren. It's OK to both acknowledge we had it in our own hands (St Mirren also beat us 6-2 earlier that season) and also accept that a series of events conspired against us that day - illness, a major reffing decision and - mostly - St MIrren's actions. I mean Celtic got the goals they needed in the first half. It was ridiculous.

St Mirren were a good team that season. Look at their results in the lead up to that Celtic game, watch the highlights of their game vs Celtic and then come back and say there's no reason to hold a grudge. It's not a conspiracy theory. These things have happened in football before. Refs have been bribed. Whole teams have been bought off. Individual players, perhaps with a gambling problem for example, have been bought off. Leagues and games have been fixed in football in the past. There's no way Scotland is immune, and this was one example where, at best, some St Mirren players who supported Celtic very possibly decided do their team a favour by forgetting how to tackle, pass and shoot for an afternoon. That's what it looked like anyhow. It was like a bounce game for Celtic.

If that's how it works, it's a pity Craig Gordon couldnae mind what team was his boyhood heroes, just once in a while.  Like when saving a net-bound shot, for example. 😀

Edited by Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

If that's how it works, it's a pity Craig Gordon couldnae mind what team was his boyhood heroes, just once in a while.  Like when saving a net-bound shot, for example. 😀

Or maybe he's not a cheat, like McAvennie admitted to being.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Or maybe he's not a cheat, like McAvennie admitted to being.

A good point, well made.

25 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Possibly, but the act of god shit or however it's worded could be a loophole. 

I just want us off the bottom asap to remove any doubt tbh. 

There must be something in the articles of the SPFL or UEFA or FIFA which covers ‘force majeure’ termination of a partially  completed season. It must have happened before now somewhere .

The big issue I can see is that if teams are forced to play behind closed doors it could cause major financial issues to quite a few clubs in Scotland that are run on very thin margins 

5 minutes ago, Bozi said:

The big issue I can see is that if teams are forced to play behind closed doors it could cause major financial issues to quite a few clubs in Scotland that are run on very thin margins 

Cue dozens of clubs wondering  where the insurance policy is filed and if they are covered for ‘force majeure’ events

TheGoodLord

Interested to know if right now you’d accept an away game on last day of season which if we won we were 10th and if we lost we were relegated, a draw putting us in the play offs. 

I wouldn’t but it was a toughie. 

It should have been ten
4 hours ago, graygo said:

I can think of at least one of the personnel from then who is still on the payroll.

:leveinproblem:

:greggy:

It should have been ten
14 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

:10600:

12 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not sure I understand if you agree St Mirren lied down or don't. As for evidence, as if watching the game itself and taking into account that St Mirren team was decent isn't enough, Sandy Clark's book had some detail. Campbell Money for example was either "rested" or refused to play.

Frank McAvennie also admitted that he told the St Mirren goalie which way to dive for a penalty he was taking for Celtic to help save them from relegation a couple of seasons after the 86 game. So the idea that players do things to help other teams is not really that far fetched.

Here's some evidence then of players helping teams they support:

But, in 1987, he headed back to Scotland to sign for boyhood heroes Celtic.

And, ironically, it was while wearing the green and white hoops that Macca once again proved his credentials to the St Mirren faithful.

Billy McNeill’s Bhoys looked a sure thing to win the Premier League title in the club’s centenary season and would go on to do so, while a McAvennie brace also secured the Scottish Cup for the Parkhead men.

But the situation couldn’t have been more different for Saints, who were embroiled in a bitter relegation battle.

So, when Celtic were awarded a penalty against the Buddies on a cold day at Love Street, Macca stepped up to the plate and promptly told his old Buddie Money exactly where he was going to place the spot-kick.

Money informed Macca that he would seek vengeance in the form of a boot to the crown jewels if the Celtic striker was having him on.

As it was, Macca duly sent the ball into Money’s hands – only to be immediately subbed by fuming Celtic gaffer McNeill.

While your theory may be interesting, it is just that: a belief or theory, not a proven fact. All that you have provided is your opinion backed up by information that allows you to wildly speculate.

I doubt the league will be suspended or closed early, but its quite likely that in two weeks, games must be played without spectators. 

IveSeenTheLight
On 10/03/2020 at 08:17, Gashauskis9 said:

If you fail to win tonight or indeed, if you are defeated, will you still find it acceptable to declare the season finished on Thursday.

I think its fair to say, there will be no decision made before the government decision .

They'll also want the cheeks game to go ahead on Sunday as well

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, newbie said:

While your theory may be interesting, it is just that: a belief or theory, not a proven fact. All that you have provided is your opinion backed up by information that allows you to wildly speculate.

I provided evidence that some players in Scotland are happy to throw games to help another team they like.

24 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I provided evidence that some players in Scotland are happy to throw games to help another team they like.

So if I prove life exists in Loch Ness by catching a salmon, does that prove the existence of Nessie, or is the monster still just a theory?

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, newbie said:

So if I prove life exists in Loch Ness by catching a salmon, does that prove the existence of Nessie, or is the monster still just a theory?

Don't worry about it. I reserve the right to believe St Mirren downed tools that day, given how much football I watch and how obvious it is when players aren't trying, and provided evidence of a player helping another team to show that it's not that outlandish an idea. The fact that that it was a Celtic player who helped St Mirren escape relegation just a year or so after the 86 game is of course just a coincidence.

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Empty this Hibs slaver. 

Feckin this.

:fth: 

1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Rat *******s everywhere. 

Appearing out of their drains.

11 hours ago, indianajones said:

Empty this Hibs slaver. 

Won’t hold my breath.

Not even intelligent enough to post a link properly, even after editing it to have a second go.

:vrface: 

Edit - look, an edit!

Edited by tian447

Pasquale for King

Have you got a crystal ball? Pity it didn’t happen.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Have you got a crystal ball? Pity it didn’t happen.

Weird thing to be smug about.

• 1 month later...
Lord Beni of Gorgie
16 minutes ago, hmfc_FOREVER said:

I keep getting this thread sent to me by vermin. Good work OP ffs

Think you need to ignore vermin. Remind them of their relief they won't be getting dry boaby from us and their desperation to vote us out. 

We only get expelled they get relegated 

SpruceBringsteen
22 minutes ago, hmfc_FOREVER said:

Can't imagine how awful that must be for you.

Any Hearts fan who hasn't the ammunition to clamp one of those subhuman rodents is clearly an absolute shit for brains tbh.

22 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Can't imagine how awful that must be for you.

Any Hearts fan who hasn't the ammunition to clamp one of those subhuman rodents is clearly an absolute shit for brains tbh.

Correct as usual.  They are an apology for a serious rival.  The best way to avoid their inane ramblings is to block them from devices.

Have to admit though that I enjoy a wee look at .net and I'm always pleased when I get a mention.  I've got a strong following from the worst of them on here and they go mad when i remind them that the pesky FoH simply refuses to go away.  In fact, it just keeps getting stronger.

gashauskis9
56 minutes ago, hmfc_FOREVER said:

Good luck to them, it’s got **** all to do with them as usual.  

FWIW, I would still have loved for it to have happened.  It was more about getting it up St Midden than anything else.  I’ll happily take my medicine.  

Edited by Gashauskis9

2 hours ago, hmfc_FOREVER said:

Console yourself with the knowledge that their last memory of the Lochend Shitbowl to carry over from the beginning of March to whenever football resumes is of the Hearts ramming three goals up them. 

portobellojambo1

Your post above probably negates a lot of the threads that have appeared on here since the date of your post. Because what this and some responses do show is that if the situation had been reversed position wise we would have been looking for HMFC to vote in the same way many clubs have voted, i.e. in the interest of their own club, based on evidence they feel was being spoon fed to them by other parties in terms of access to finances available, for example. Reading a lot on here about boycotting this, that and the other thing when truth is if we had been in a position to vote in a certain way we would have done so, and any anger should be directed at the SPFL and not how clubs voted. Why they voted the way they did, yes a valid ground for challenge, but I think we all know, 100%, that if we hadn't been sitting bottom of the league we would have supported what was being planned, because another club would be relegated.

Edited by portobellojambo1

The Internet
24 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Your post above probably negates a lot of the threads that have appeared on here since the date of your post. Because what this and some responses do show is that if the situation had been reversed position wise we would have been looking for HMFC to vote in the same way many clubs have voted, i.e. in the interest of their own club, based on evidence they feel was being spoon fed to them by other parties in terms of access to finances available, for example. Reading a lot on here about boycotting this, that and the other thing when truth is if we had been in a position to vote in a certain way we would have done so, and any anger should be directed at the SPFL and not how clubs voted. Why they voted the way they did, yes a valid ground for challenge, but I think we all know, 100%, that if we hadn't been sitting bottom of the league we would have supported what was being planned, because another club would be relegated.

:spoton:

11 hours ago, hmfc_FOREVER said:

Isn’t it funny how 99% of the time, anything a Hibs fan tries to use as stick beat a Hearts supporter with is never actually about results v us on the park? 🤔