Fan invades pitch twice

Gorgiewave

been here before
3 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

Does anybody remember this or know who he was?

4:00 and 11:03

:rofl:

Brilliant- the boys not giving a ****.

Surprised Davie Bowman didnt put in a typicaly robust challenge at 4 minutes mind.

1 minute ago, been here before said:

:rofl:

Brilliant- the boys not giving a ****.

Surprised Davie Bowman didnt put in a typicaly robust challenge at 4 minutes mind.

Watch until 4:25...

Remember being at that game. Big old terracing. Segregation fence bigger than anything at the mexican border 

been here before
14 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

Yes!! There he goes.

I meant on the interloper.

Vintage Bowman though.

Nelly Terraces

I was there. If we'd won we'd have gone up but had bad injuries & only got a 0-0 draw then lost to Motherwell at Tynie the next week on the last day of the season & we stayed in Div1.

The interloper was just some old drunken Killie bam. There was a battle on the terraces that day & a mini riot the next week when we went behind & the atmosphere got very nasty (one cop got a right pasting). Nothing out the ordinary for the times. 

Just now, Nelly Terraces said:

I was there. If we'd won we'd have gone up but had bad injuries & only got a 0-0 draw then lost to Motherwell at Tynie the next week on the last day of the season & we stayed in Div1.

The interloper was just some old drunken Killie bam. There was a battle on the terraces that day & a mini riot the next week when we went behind & the atmosphere got very nasty (one cop got a right pasting). Nothing out the ordinary for the times. 

Yip. 
Was at both games. Cops at Killie didn’t take too kindly to their hats being thrown about and lifted quite a few that day for nothing. 
Motherwell at home the following week was much worse. Mercer thought he could calm things down and had to beat a hasty retreat. Shed was cuckoo that day !

Hectormasson
44 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

Does anybody remember this or know who he was?

4:00 and 11:03

39 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

Think it was an old killie fan '  stuart gaulds debut that day ,, killlies av gate was about 1500   sure there was about 13000 that day ...

davemclaren

I was at the game. We’d lost the week before 2-5 at home to Dumbarton and the draw at Killie took promotion out of our hands iirc. Colin More had been freed a few games earlier for some reason but came back for the last two games due to out injury/suspension crisis. 

annushorribilis III
1 hour ago, Boab said:

Yip. 
Was at both games. Cops at Killie didn’t take too kindly to their hats being thrown about and lifted quite a few that day for nothing. 
Motherwell at home the following week was much worse. Mercer thought he could calm things down and had to beat a hasty retreat. Shed was cuckoo that day !

In the corner of the Shed when  someone threw what looked like an iron bar at Mercer. Absolutely mental  times. 

You mentioned cops hats : that cup tie at Parkhead when Bud was sent off. 8,000 Jambos going crazy with Strathclyde police on the terraces. Cops hats as frisbees. 

2 hours ago, annushorribilis III said:

In the corner of the Shed when  someone threw what looked like an iron bar at Mercer. Absolutely mental  times. 

You mentioned cops hats : that cup tie at Parkhead when Bud was sent off. 8,000 Jambos going crazy with Strathclyde police on the terraces. Cops hats as frisbees. 

I was standing beside the bloke that threw it.

Genuinely. 

Wallace came over to appeal for calm, the lead piping whistled past his ear and he immediately about turned and left.

Mayhem that day.

I was nearly 14, at Leith Academy, and still recall a nutcase in the year above me being dragged out of the shed by 4 cops holding a limb each. He was half Indian, with an obvious Irish name and even us other Jambos at LA gave him a wide berth. 

A total fruitcake so he fitted right in at Tynecastle in 1982. 😁

Edited by martoon

Tommy Brown
5 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Not sure if it was the earlier game in same season or not.but there was the riot. No pavement dancing in the main covered terrace and no fence.

I viewed it from what was the Killie end in the video. 

4 hours ago, annushorribilis III said:

I remember it well. Used to stand behind the goals and venture into the shed on occasions. Think that was maybe my first full time in the shed. Was absolutely mental. The iron bar was a bit of a rusty railing from up behind the toilets. Also remember the cop getting a pasting and throwing his hat like a frisbee. It actually hit me in the chest one time and I lobbed it back further into the shed to loud cheers every time it was thrown. Was absolutely mental that day

Hectormasson
17 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Not sure if it was the earlier game in same season or not.but there was the riot. No pavement dancing in the main covered terrace and no fence.

I viewed it from what was the Killie end in the video. 

Proper skelping...

Shanks said no

I remember watching the highlights with my old man and crapping it when the camera turned to the trouble as I was right in the middle of it.

He spotted me straight away and all my denials fell on deaf ears. As did his warnings the following weekend against Well. Tam Cowan describes it as the scariest experience he ever had after a game. 

the Alpine Juice Lorry on Stevenson Drive........,

Can one fan actually be an an "invasion"?

It was more a drunken wander about. And he didn't get ejected after his first incursion, mental. 

Enzo Chiefo
2 hours ago, schillaci said:

Can one fan actually be an an "invasion"?

It was more a drunken wander about. And he didn't get ejected after his first incursion, mental. 

Good point. A drunken wander is probably a better description.  Similar to the drunken guy that used to come on at half time back in the 50s, according to my old man. They used to leave the ball on the centre spot during the break and invariably someone came staggering on and dribbled, in more ways than one, towards goal before falling on their chorus. 

N Lincs Jambo

Well that game certainly brought back memories. My first trip to Rugby Park as an 18 year old lad. Borrowed my mother's mini for the day. Had never been to Killie before so had no idea where to park. Turned out it was nowhere near where the majority of the Hearts supporters buses were or where other Jambos were parked up. Bit of a hairy walk back with Strathclyde's finest almost egging Killie fans on to attack us.

Calebs Grandad
On 09/03/2020 at 23:44, davemclaren said:

I was at the game. We’d lost the week before 2-5 at home to Dumbarton and the draw at Killie took promotion out of our hands iirc. Colin More had been freed a few games earlier for some reason but came back for the last two games due to out injury/suspension crisis. 

Definitely one of the top 5 worst defeats I’d ever seen us suffer. Mentally Dumbarton joined Airdrie in my head as teams we really didn’t want to play! Colin was in my class at Boroughmuir and was really quiet unassuming guy. 

Just now, N Lincs Jambo said:

Well that game certainly brought back memories. My first trip to Rugby Park as an 18 year old lad. Borrowed my mother's mini for the day. Had never been to Killie before so had no idea where to park. Turned out it was nowhere near where the majority of the Hearts supporters buses were or where other Jambos were parked up. Bit of a hairy walk back with Strathclyde's finest almost egging Killie fans on to attack us.

Aye, the old bill were miffed that day.

Couple of boys off our bus were arrested in the bus park after the game. For hee haw !

N Lincs Jambo
Just now, Boab said:

Aye, the old bill were miffed that day.

Couple of boys off our bus were arrested in the bus park after the game. For hee haw !

Doesn't surprise me Boab. Saw someone getting lifted in the bus park near Parkhead after a midweek game as he'd obviously been in bother. I say obviously - he had blood streaming down his face having had a half-brick smashed over him. All he was doing was getting back on his bus.