Hearts Reserves v Dunfermline athletic

RobboM

It's been advertised for ages on the Hearts Reserves fixtures for tomorrow but is actually today Monday 2pm KO at Kelty Hearts ground

Hearts Twitter say they'll provide updates so if they do I'll only post occasional updates

Mon the Hertz

Edited by RobboM
Ty

been here before
4 minutes ago, RobboM said:

That's the posh name for Kelty Hearts ground 👍

Is it?

You live and learn eh?

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

Is it?

You live and learn eh?

If Lowland League grounds comes up on Pointless for the jackpot .....😊

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Fairly strong team, probably a daft question, but whats the word on the street on Harry Cochrane? Rooting for him making a resurgence at some point, tough for a youngster to have so much smoke blown up their arse, only to falter.

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Fairly strong team, probably a daft question, but whats the word on the street on Harry Cochrane? Rooting for him making a resurgence at some point, tough for a youngster to have so much smoke blown up their arse, only to falter.

Funny he's not quoted if he's fit.  Could only mean two things really, one positive, one not so.  McDonald not there but then you'd think that's cos he's in first team squad for this week.

Fact Garuccio and Uche are fit to play on a week we have the game we have but start a reserve game shows where we are with those two.  Seen the last of both imo.  What's the deal with Brandon and White?  First team squad?  Injured?

I really want Connor Smith to make our first team.  Hope he stays next year rather than loan.

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Funny he's not quoted if he's fit.  Could only mean two things really, one positive, one not so.  McDonald not there but then you'd think that's cos he's in first team squad for this week.

Fact Garuccio and Uche are fit to play on a week we have the game we have but start a reserve game shows where we are with those two.  Seen the last of both imo.  What's the deal with Brandon and White?  First team squad?  Injured?

I really want Connor Smith to make our first team.  Hope he stays next year rather than loan.

McDonald picked up an injury in training 

HT 0-0

Hearts comfortably on top but no goals and not testing the goalie enough. Any Hearts defending looking a little last ditch and goalie out sharp a couple of times. Looks to me best efforts have come switching wings quickly then crossing. Dominating midfield, Smith and McGill different styles but effective. Uche still getting penalised just for being uche but he's provided makavora with a couple of efforts too.

14 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

McDonald picked up an injury in training 

Ah, hope nothing too serious.  Shame his wee cameo a few weeks back didn't come to anything, really like him.

Another thing, why Mason in goals rather than Stone.  I assume Mason may not make it with us from all I've heard, whereas Stone got big future... injured too?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
24 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yeah loads of questions on fringe players. Agree on Connor Smith too

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Yeah loads of questions on fringe players. Agree on Connor Smith too

Yup.  Such a shame on Uche imo.  Has loads of the raw ingredients and could be a huge weapon, but maybe seems he doesn't have it between the ears to add it all up.

Loved the big man when he was on form.  Was one of those that just made you smile.  He'll never play at a level any of our three current main forwards have, though, you wouldn't think.

scott herbertson
50. Great running from Ward down the left, he crosses for Denholm who lays it back to Morrison, but his shot is superbly blocked. In the next phase of play, Smith heads over from a Garuccio cross as Hearts start on the front foot.

Sub for Hearts: Sean Ward replaces Uche Ikpeazu.

scott herbertson

60. Hearts are playing some lovely football through the midfield but have been unable to craft any more decent chances thus far.

Footballfirst

The injury problems are not just confined to the first team squad. There are several long term injuries at various age groups within the Academy.

Is it worse that n previous years? I don't know.

Just a week ago the U16s had 4 players paying down an age group and 3 playing up just to make up a match day squad.

scott herbertson
68. McGill goes into the book for a late challenge to stop a counter attack.

65. Morrison whips a dangerous ball across the face of goal to no takers as Hearts up the tempo again.

11 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yup.  Such a shame on Uche imo.  Has loads of the raw ingredients and could be a huge weapon, but maybe seems he doesn't have it between the ears to add it all up.

Loved the big man when he was on form.  Was one of those that just made you smile.  He'll never play at a level any of our three current main forwards have, though, you wouldn't think.

He is a huge weapon just a pity he not a very good footballer.

Scottie Wanshot.
2 hours ago, RobboM said:

That's the posh name for Kelty Hearts ground 👍

thought that was cowdenbeath ground ????

scott herbertson

70. Morrison skins his marker and fires a shot at goal that takes a few ricochets and somehow ends up in the hands of the keeper.

Footballfirst

GOAL HEARTS! The pressure finally pays off as Morrison once more gets past his man, whips a cross in and finds Smith who volleys home from six yards. DAFC 0-1 HMFC.

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

thought that was cowdenbeath ground ????

Nah, that's just the auld Central Park.

been here before

Sounds like Morrisons having a good game. 

I know he's not everyones cup of tea but Ive always liked him, even if his ***al ball left a bit to be desired at times.

Id have thought he'd have suited right into Stendals style of play. Whats the story with his loan stint at East Fife? It doesnt look like he's kicked a ball for them. He been injured?

Edited by been here before

been here before

Heart of Midlothian FC

@JamTarts

·

4m

GOAL HEARTS! The Jambos double their lead. Logan slides a ball down the right for Morrison, who takes advantage of a slip to hit the byline and square for Makovora who hammers it home. DAFC 0-2 HMFC

been here before

Nearly another...

Heart of Midlothian FC

@JamTarts

·

1m

85. A superb goal line block prevents Hearts adding a third after Morrison finds Makovora, his shot is saved by the keeper and Ward’s rebound is kicked off the line by the defence

11 minutes ago, been here before said:

Sounds like Morrisons having a good game. 

I know he's not everyones cup of tea but Ive always liked him, even if his ***al ball left a bit to be desired at times.

Id have thought he'd have suited right into Stendals style of play. Whats the story with his loan stint at East Fife? It doesnt look like he's kicked a ball for them. He been injured?

'Not kicked a ball' includes starting their last 4 games after being a substitute. 

been here before
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

'Not kicked a ball' includes starting their last 4 games after being a substitute. 

"It doesnt look like he's kicked a ball"...

Feel free to have a greet a wikipedia...

Screenshot_20200309-155218.thumb.jpg.4b2724566f3b3ea8f6764739c7d71867.jpg

So do you know how its going or are you just cherry picking bits of quotes?

Edited by been here before

Frankfurter
5 minutes ago, been here before said:

Can't rely on Wikipedia for obscure players. Transfermarkt is a much better source, which confirms what Mikey1874 said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/callumn-morrison/leistungsdaten/spieler/294221

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

Check out East Fife's last games here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/east-fife/scores-fixtures/2020-03?filter=results

Wikipedia depends on someone updating it. Other websites like Transfermkt are more up to date. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/callumn-morrison/profil/spieler/294221

been here before

Right we've found a couple of sites that let you know he's played.

Anyone know how he's doing though? Standing out? Improving... stalling? Found his level? 

1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:
50. Great running from Ward down the left, he crosses for Denholm who lays it back to Morrison, but his shot is superbly blocked. In the next phase of play, Smith heads over from a Garuccio cross as Hearts start on the front foot.

Sub for Hearts: Sean Ward replaces Uche Ikpeazu.

And that is Uche In a nutshell subbed in a reserve game 

2 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

And that is Uche In a nutshell subbed in a reserve game 

Maybe being saved for 1st team game this week. 

2 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

someone mentioned that Stendal went absloutey bat shit crazy at Uche in the dressing room in Perth after the St Johnstone game and was told he no longer has a future here. 

Thought Morrison had quite a quiet game until he really sparked into life into the second half and set up both goals with good runs down the right and delivering crosses (much more placed and lower than I had got used to with him) right on a plate for the goals.He was a real handful for that spell.

Very comfortable for Hearts throughout. Goalie had a save very late on when the Dunfermline boy got clear. Other than that my criticism would be just not having enough pops at goal, though if Stendel's message from Saturday was about being more patient then maybe that was deliberate.

Best for me were a terrific 20-30 minutes from Morrisson, McGill and Smith throughout. I also liked Makavora who was just a pest to the Dunfermline back line throughout.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
19 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Bielsa regularly does this for Leeds, half an Under 23 game for sharpness and a spot on the bench

3 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Thought Morrison had quite a quiet game until he really sparked into life into the second half and set up both goals with good runs down the right and delivering crosses (much more placed and lower than I had got used to with him) right on a plate for the goals.He was a real handful for that spell.

Very comfortable for Hearts throughout. Goalie had a save very late on when the Dunfermline boy got clear. Other than that my criticism would be just not having enough pops at goal, though if Stendel's message from Saturday was about being more patient then maybe that was deliberate.

Best for me were a terrific 20-30 minutes from Morrisson, McGill and Smith throughout. I also liked Makavora who was just a pest to the Dunfermline back line throughout.

👍

3 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

someone mentioned that Stendal went absloutey bat shit crazy at Uche in the dressing room in Perth after the St Johnstone game and was told he no longer has a future here. 

Strange as apart from his hilarious attempt at controlling the ball and falling over he actually improved us when he came on that day.  

hmfc_liam06
15 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

He was told in December he doesn't have a future here, we tried to offload him in January.