3 up front

JamboAl

44 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Granted - but the report also said "he was preparing to deploy".

Either way it could be a help to the opposition.

Works both ways. He might, he might not. It's a nothing story and if anything it gives them something else to think about.

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, graygo said:

Works both ways. He might, he might not. It's a nothing story and if anything it gives them something else to think about.

Indeed, he said Arvidaj could be involved against Motherwell and he wasn’t on the bench.

Stendel mentioned when he first came that he found it strange to be asked these questions and about injured players, “why would you tell your opponents these things”.

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Can everyone please stop pointing out that the OP is slavering and that Stendal has said and done no such thing as intimated in the OP.

"The thread was meant to be about whether we should be open with our team plans not who was best, worst or whatever".

Im telling you this so the OP doesnt have to give you all a row.... again.

Sound advice.  

4 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Stendel has said in the press he intends going with Washington, Naismith and Boyce up front.  Ignoring the merits or otherwise of this, it does not seem a good idea to publiicise his plan before a very important game.  It seems to me it is one step short of sending Goodwin our team sheet.

Maybe we should wait and see what his team is before making assumptions. But even if it turns out to be true then I would imagine Goodwin has already got a fair idea of what to expect from us.

3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

The thread was meant to be about whether we should be open with our team plans not who was best, worst or whatever.

I noticed that Gregor Townsend announced his starting 15 for the Rugby match yesterday on Saturday fully 24 hours before kick-off.

I am not sure that it makes a huge difference what the team is especially when other teams have you watched in games to see how you play.

We don't have a good enough squad to spring the odd surprise selection that might throw a spanner in the opposition teams plans.

3 hours ago, Morgan said:

Imagine getting a ticking off on an anonymous football forum.  :wow:

The shame of it.  :biggrin:

The guys as precious as they come.  It’s amusing none the less :lol: 

Can everyone please stop pointing out that the OP is slavering and that Stendal has said and done no such thing as intimated in the OP.

"The thread was meant to be about whether we should be open with our team plans not who was best, worst or whatever".

Looks like you're the one who's slavering.

Who is STENDAL?  Who does he manage?  😁

He should have made such a **** up of the thread title.  It’s actually nothing to do with three up front 😂😂

Just now, JamboAl said:

Chill pill Alison. 👍

19 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

:touche:                     :lol:         :biggrin:

5 hours ago, kila said:

:laugh2:

I don't think Naismith will start tomorrow night...

100% won't start tomorrow night, the games on Wednesday lols

been here before
39 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

See if you'd paid as much attention to the article than you have looking for typos...

Caps for emphasis though. Well telt.

Calebs Grandad

Merely an option Stendel voiced so worthy of discussion. Can you imagine a manager deciding to play with no strikers? Nope me neither just couldn’t happen could it? 😳

11 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

Merely an option Stendel voiced so worthy of discussion. Can you imagine a manager deciding to play with no strikers? Nope me neither just couldn’t happen could it? 😳

:leveinproblem:

2 hours ago, graygo said:

He went to that formation mid match. When he said we could see it again, in the article, he may well have meant changing it up during a game rather than at the start. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

He went to that formation mid match. When he said we could see it again, in the article, he may well have meant changing it up during a game rather than at the start. 

Agreed.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

:thumbsup:

If we start out with two wingers plus Naismith, Boyce and Washington I’d expect Naismith to play deep in midfield and only push up when attacking. I wouldn’t imagine he’d start many games with Damour or Bozanic on their own up against, say, three midfielders.  

2 hours ago, been here before said:

See if you'd paid as much attention to the article than you have looking for typos...

Caps for emphasis though. Well telt.

You obviously liked it enough to post on it.

I wasn't looking for typos.

It's just so embarrassing that we have supposed supporters who are unable to spell the manager's name

Dearie me!

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
7 hours ago, Morgan said:

:wow: 

Has to be at least 5-0!

It won't be. We'll score at least 1.

2 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

It won't be. We'll score at least 1.

:touche:

23 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Where will sibbick fit in once fit? Could he be in the squad for Wednesday?

I'd replace Damour with him

Reckon we'll see Avdijaj and Sibbick start

been here before
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

You obviously liked it enough to post on it.

I wasn't looking for typos.

It's just so embarrassing that we have supposed supporters who are unable to spell the manager's name

Dearie me!

That makes absolutely no sense.

Whose mentioned anything about liking/not liking something?

You honestly find it "embarrassing" that a poster on a forum uses the wrong vowel in a name?

How do you manage to function in everyday life?

Edited by been here before

Frankfurter
4 hours ago, JamboAl said:

No, the question should be "Where is Stendal?". Roughly 100km west of Berlin. Unlike Stendel's hometown which is a similar distance east of Berlin. So there.

been here before
8 minutes ago, Frankfurter said:

No, the question should be "Where is Stendal?". Roughly 100km west of Berlin. Unlike Stendel's hometown which is a similar distance east of Berlin. So there.

Jeez Im so embarrassed for him. Anyhow...

9 hours ago, JamboAl said:

The thread was meant to be about whether we should be open with our team plans not who was best, worst or whatever.

😆

Please stick to that or whatever.

That makes absolutely no sense.

Whose mentioned anything about liking/not liking something?

You honestly find it "embarrassing" that a poster on a forum uses the wrong vowel in a name?

How do you manage to function in everyday life?

?

7 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

The clear and obvious answer to that is NO. However he didn’t specifically reveal a team plan. Everybody and his dug knows that we are limited up front and if Boyce Washington and Naismith are fully fit these days, they’re all starting in forward roles although not necessarily a front 3. We won’t start with a front 3 vs St Mirren either. Might turn into that if we get in trouble. He’s played a front 4 and even a 5 at stages of games already.

limited up front?

been here before
17 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

?

So your thread is now just finding typos as opposed to seeing if its a good idea to publiicise (sic) his plan before a very important game.  

Very poor. Unlike Iain Jardine.

9 minutes ago, been here before said:

So your thread is now just finding typos as opposed to seeing if its a good idea to publiicise (sic) his plan before a very important game.  

Iain Jardeen was a tidy enough player surprised he played so few games for us considering those days people didnt move about as much

26 minutes ago, sadj said:

limited up front?

I think so. We’ve got one out and out striker with any threat and 2 versatile number 10’s who can play right up top if required

Edited by JimmyCant

been here before
14 minutes ago, sadj said:

Iain Jardeen was a tidy enough player surprised he played so few games for us considering those days people didnt move about as much

A phew decent players ahead of him in the pekking order. I always thought of him more as a sort of midfeeld utilitee player which probably cost him a few more appeerinces than he should off had.

Mind you Im surprised he only maid 70 appearances.

30 minutes ago, been here before said:

Typos my rectum

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

A phew decent players ahead of him in the pekking order. I always thought of him more as a sort of midfeeld utilitee player which probably cost him a few more appeerinces than he should off had.

Mind you Im surprised he only maid 70 appearances.

:qqb006:

Edited by Morgan

In your opiniion.

Typo my rectum!

Lack of education.

Opiniion might be a typo - I'll give you that

Frankfurter
On 09/03/2020 at 11:40, JamboAl said:

Stendel has said in the press he intends going with Washington, Naismith and Boyce up front.  Ignoring the merits or otherwise of this, it does not seem a good idea to publiicise his plan before a very important game.  It seems to me it is one step short of sending Goodwin our team sheet.

Didn't turn out like that. Unsurprisingly.

Frankfurter
On 09/03/2020 at 11:40, JamboAl said:

Ah, he meant the second half. And it's not working. 😢