This clown why they get away with this

j1964m

Brexit should take care of the begging gangs hopefully.

The one good thing a if  Brexit hopefully

I hate clowns. Pure, venom laced, unadulterated hate.

I'll gladly fix this problem if the authorities can look the other way for a minute.

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

I'll gladly fix this problem if the authorities can look the other way for a minute.

Coulrophobia.

ArcticJambo

Lunchtime today I was sat waiting at the lights at Holy Corner, having just picked up four tickets for Sat's game at the Toni Macaroni Pasta Bowl, and I noticed that the person that occupies that space outside the Tesco Express had a shopping bag full of what I assume to be balloon animals.  She was making a blue dashchund at the time, I think, but it un-ravalled (can't be easy in the breezy conditions) as the lights changed and I drove off to my warm mansion by the seaside.

Maybe just a coincidence but perhaps this entrepreneur sells to the mean clowns in the centre. Things that make you go Hmmm!

Matthew Le Tissier
4 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

With you on this. Utter fecking creeps

Tenaciousdandy

My daughters where up the town with there mum last week and they handed my youngest a balloon, harrassed them demanding money for it, got told to bolt and was given the balloon back

On a side note, I got cursed in Krakow last year when I refused to buy off a "gypsy" laughed at him and told him to go f@ck himself, maybe it's my fault we have been sh1t this season lol

Edited by Dandyman79

5 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Coulrophobia.

It's not so much a phobia....I have violent urges when I'm near one. I dont necessarily avoid them....I just want to break open their stupid feckin skulls with one of their ridiculously sized shoes...   or stuff their throats with uninflated balloons and watch them fight for air and then just before they pass out and the eyes glaze over I'd ironically honk their nose. 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Der Kaiser said:

It's not so much a phobia....I have violent urges when I'm near one. I dont necessarily avoid them....I just want to break open their stupid feckin skulls with one of their ridiculously sized shoes...   or stuff their throats with uninflated balloons and watch them fight for air and then just before they pass out and the eyes glaze over I'd ironically honk their nose. 

They're about as funny as toothache. 

been here before

I was up the town the other day with the wee man and this pair mafe a b-line toward us with a silly wee model balloon dug. They swiftly moved on when I assertively invited them to do so. They seemed a bit shocked   :😃

As an aside that was the first time Id walked along Princes Street in a long time. It was bad enough the last time I was there but whats happened to it?

Pounland... bright neon Sweetie shops.... What a tacky shit hole.

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

I was up the town the other day with the wee man and this pair mafe a b-line toward us with a silly wee model balloon dug. They swiftly moved on when I assertively invited them to do so. They seemed a bit shocked   :😃

As an aside that was the first time Id walked along Princes Street in a long time. It was bad enough the last time I was there but whats happened to it?

Pounland... bright neon Sweetie shops.... What a tacky shit hole.

Online shopping happened.

For me it's the the very traditional clown look that gives me murderous thoughts.

Jokers in Batman movies dont bother me....although Cesar Romero's joker does make me feel a little uneasy. 

1 hour ago, Dandyman79 said:

On a side note, I got cursed in Krakow last year when I refused to buy off a "gypsy" laughed at him and told him to go f@ck himself, maybe it's my fault we have been sh1t this season lol

Quoted. 

Hopefully we don't need to see this again come the end of the season. 

🤐

2 hours ago, ArcticJambo said:

Lunchtime today I was sat waiting at the lights at Holy Corner, having just picked up four tickets for Sat's game at the Toni Macaroni Pasta Bowl, and I noticed that the person that occupies that space outside the Tesco Express had a shopping bag full of what I assume to be balloon animals.  She was making a blue dashchund at the time, I think, but it un-ravalled (can't be easy in the breezy conditions) as the lights changed and I drove off to my warm mansion by the seaside.

Maybe just a coincidence but perhaps this entrepreneur sells to the mean clowns in the centre. Things that make you go Hmmm!

The Romanian beggars have many skills. Making dogs out of sand and now balloon animals. See them every morning getting sorted for the day on Princes Street. Ideally we’d deport them. Feel sorry for the women who’ve likely been forced into it.

Nucky Thompson
7 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Brexit should take care of the begging gangs hopefully.

The one good thing a if  Brexit hopefully

Not if wee Krankie gets her way. All EU waifs and strays would be welcome in Scotland 

been here before
4 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Aye thats likely played a huge part.

One thing that I was impressed with was organising putting the big sweetie shop next to Ann Summers.

We could both enjoy a spot of drooli...  eh... window shopping at the same time.

ArcticJambo
3 hours ago, Koolkeith said:

The Romanian beggars have many skills. Making dogs out of sand and now balloon animals. See them every morning getting sorted for the day on Princes Street. Ideally we’d deport them. Feel sorry for the women who’ve likely been forced into it.

This. Couple months back I saw about a dozen folks early one morning walking up the east side of the Esk just past the Eastern Buses depot, almost all women carrying their bags, etc and a couple of their men folk 'minders' carrying nowt.

Governor Tarkin
13 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

From a large novelty cannon??

:D

3 hours ago, Tazio said:

Underrated post. 

Agreed.

2 hours ago, ArcticJambo said:

This. Couple months back I saw about a dozen folks early one morning walking up the east side of the Esk just past the Eastern Buses depot, almost all women carrying their bags, etc and a couple of their men folk 'minders' carrying nowt.

Aye, their handlers are absolute scum.

I've seen them herding women out of a flat at the crack of dawn to put them to work for the day. You wouldn't treat cattle (or baby harp seals) like that.

Tommy Brown
3 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I've seen them herding women out of a flat at the crack of dawn to put them to work for the day. You wouldn't treat cattle (or baby harp seals) like that.

Serious question.

Did you report this to anyone( who, I'm not sure, council and DHSS)

Likely hoods, overfilled tenancy, fraudulent claims for a kick off.

Anything that draws attention to them and makes it awkward. But, lawless ***** will always be lawless *****.

Not a dig at you by the way.

Governor Tarkin
6 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Serious question.

Did you report this to anyone( who, I'm not sure, council and DHSS)

Likely hoods, overfilled tenancy, fraudulent claims for a kick off.

Anything that draws attention to them and makes it awkward. But, lawless ***** will always be lawless *****.

Not a dig at you by the way.

Yes we did.

I've spoken about it on here before some time ago but the posts were removed.

Tommy Brown
14 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Yes we did.

I've spoken about it on here before some time ago but the posts were removed.

:thumbs_up:

Shanks said no

Confession time

about 20 years ago we were on holiday in Turkey and there was an odd bloke who wandered around selling balloons to children. 
after a couple of nights this was getting irritating as our daughter wanted a balloon every night. I explained to her that he was actually a child catcher and that every night he abducted another child. Probably laid it on a bit thick.

Unbeknown to us she told all her other little friends and soon lots of kids were aware that a child catcher was in their midst. 

the poor blokes revenue stream quickly diminished as kids could be heard screaming in fear every time he appeared. 

Shanks said no
2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Why is everyone typing in bold lettering?

There’s a thread about it elsewhere 

ArcticJambo
23 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:D

Agreed.

Yes, you wouldn't think so, though allegedly, someone I know was treated like a baby harp seal (maybe even worse)  last week. :eek:

Seymour M Hersh
On 09/03/2020 at 14:31, ArcticJambo said:

Managed to find a picture of said mansion. 

th.jpeg

ArcticJambo
40 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Managed to find a picture of said mansion. 

th.jpeg

:lol: That would be pretty cool.

4 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

:lol: That would be pretty cool.

Yes, until you find out that it is four feet high. :)

ArcticJambo
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Yes, until you find out that it is four feet high. :)

haha, saying that I've been in quite a few where that would be considered spacious.  Low ceilings, like a black house but really, The original white house!

On 09/03/2020 at 16:16, Ray Gin said:

Its one of the worst high streets in the UK for a major city. 

Bristol, Cardiff, Manchester, Leeds etc have all moved on and have much nicer, busier shopping districts in their city centres. 

The 'online shopping' excuse doesnt wash. 

21 minutes ago, The Brow said:

Bristol, Cardiff, Manchester, Leeds etc have all moved on and have much nicer, busier shopping districts in their city centres. 

How many of them have one long, single-sided, street?

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

How many of them have one long, single-sided, street?

I'm curious as to how that stops you having decent quality shops and making the place look less of a shit tip. 

3 hours ago, The Brow said:

That is a fair point as other cities have proven. The old department store model of Jenners, Frasers, Debenhams, etc, with its concession stands no longer works. People can buy branded goods easily online, so why bother venturing into the massive wind up that is "the town"? Unfortunately, these stores are huge and not easy to resale. Stores that have their own labels, - Next, Primark, have larger margins and can survive.

I don't know the obstacles faced by those cities mentioned but I do work in the retail trade. There are a number of reasons for the state of Princes St - the sheer number of large units, out of town competition, lack of access for parking, expensive rent and rates, I could go on. One of the main one is zoning for food and drink establishments. It needs a total rethink. George St has prospered, with its mix of smaller boutique units and drinking/eating establishments.

1 hour ago, The Brow said:

I'm curious as to how that stops you having decent quality shops and making the place look less of a shit tip. 

It makes shopping considerably less convenient than having stores clustered together in a more compact space.

been here before
2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

It makes shopping considerably less convenient than having stores clustered together in a more compact space.

But hasnt Princes Street always been one sided?

1 hour ago, been here before said:

But hasnt Princes Street always been one sided?

Yes. But there was not always far more convenient online shopping. 

been here before
3 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Yes. But there was not always far more convenient online shopping. 

Nah Im still not getting how it being one sided means the shops are now shite because of online shopping.