Walker/Meshino/Donis - surely Stendel can work his magic one one of them

R1874

3 players there who can make a difference. Walker and Meshino - I know they can. Donis I presume based of reputation 

There is still time left in the season. I would never have predicted Damour having 3 great games in a row but look what’s happened. If Stendel can get one of Walker/Meshino/Donis to play in his system then I really hope it provides a difference.

Our defence looks stronger. We have good strikers. Damour, Boz, Irving and potentially Sibbick provide decent options in midfield. 

We just need that spark from one of the wings. Moore and Henderson are hard-working and will do a job but we cannot expect them to keep us up.

For some reason I’m expecting Donis to come in and be useful. Think Stendel has taken him out so that he can be completely rehabilitated - bit like Damour. Meshino seemingly cannot be trusted defensively and Walker is impossible to predict. 

2 minutes ago, R1874 said:

3 players there who can make a difference. Walker and Meshino - I know they can. Donis I presume based of reputation 

There is still time left in the season. I’m expecting Donis to come in and be useful. Think Stendel has taken him out so that he can be completely rehabilitated - bit like Damour. Meshino seemingly cannot be trusted defensively and Walker is impossible to predict. 

Think you have answered your own question here 👍

The other question is - where is Donis?

RustyRightPeg

I think Donis will be in the squad on Wednesday, subject to how Clare is. I'm more hopeful than expectant on him having an impact though.

Out of the 3 I personally think Walker is most likely as he's had the most game time.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Walker looks finished. Donis, **** knows what the script is with him. Waster I reckon. Meshino has talent but he’s been a huge disappointment. Help needs to come from elsewhere

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, R1874 said:

There is still time left in the season. I would never have predicted Damour having 3 great games in a row but look what’s happened. If Stendel can get one of Walker/Meshino/Donis to play in his system then I really hope it provides a difference.

Our defence looks stronger. We have good strikers. Damour, Boz, Irving and potentially Sibbick provide decent options in midfield. 

We just need that spark from one of the wings. Moore and Henderson are hard-working and will do a job but we cannot expect them to keep us up.

For some reason I’m expecting Donis to come in and be useful. Think Stendel has taken him out so that he can be completely rehabilitated - bit like Damour. Meshino seemingly cannot be trusted defensively and Walker is impossible to predict. 

What about Clare, no mention?

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, R1874 said:

If you are restricting your thought to the three players in the thread title I'd think the most likely noe he would be inclinded to spend time on is probably Walker, only because the other two are due to leave us in around three months. If he doesn't see an immediate need in the side for those other two I'm not sure he would be looknig to spend a lot of time on them. Just my opinion though.

Jambof3tornado
20 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Walker looks finished. Donis, **** knows what the script is with him. Waster I reckon. Meshino has talent but he’s been a huge disappointment. Help needs to come from elsewhere

Agreed about Walker. If thats him after doing extra sessions on his days off then something is seriously wrong. Never seen such a poor engine on a professional player. 

Meshino is a luxury and would look good when we are 2 up.

Donis......fek knows.

To be fair to Jamie, I am sure his partner had a little girl Thursday/Friday night . Wouldn't have helped with the prep for the weekends game. 

Meshino is too lightweight and Stendal has already spoken about Donis having issues settling into the league. 

I think Donis will play Wednesday however and will score. 

42 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Agreed.

Walker looks the least likely to me.

Meshino is okay off the bench.

I'd give Donis another try.

1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Donis for Clare is about as apt a replacement as Pat Butcher for Jet (wee 90s reference there).  

Defo’ never a gladiator that guy. 

Hope I'm wrong, but even from the little I've seen of him, Donis looks just the type of Hearts player that refs love to hate,..... and we all know what that can lead to.

4 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

walker you do realise laid the ball on for Naismith to pass to Washington to score ?  What did he do so wrong after coming on ? Genuinely interested to know.

you are writing off 3 players In your post on a whim. Cracking form given we should be backing them all to the hilt right now. 

Edited by 1971fozzy

Walker just doesn't have the application to fit into this system. Looks like he's in a huff all the time.

Meshino just won't cut it in this league. He's off anyway soon so not really our problem.

Avdijaj will come good I think, just needs time. As long as he's pulling his weight in training etc. He'll probably get a new deal.

Batistuta87
9 hours ago, Bluesy1874 said:

To be fair to Jamie, I am sure his partner had a little girl Thursday/Friday night . Wouldn't have helped with the prep for the weekends game. 

Meshino is too lightweight and Stendal has already spoken about Donis having issues settling into the league. 

She did. Thought he did OK when he came on though, so did Meshino. Not brilliant but both played a couple of nice passes in attacking build-ups. 

Haven't seen enough of Donis to comment tbh. Was average v Hamilton and haven't seen him since. 

10 minutes ago, Locky said:

Walker just doesn't have the application to fit into this system. Looks like he's in a huff all the time.

Meshino just won't cut it in this league. He's off anyway soon so not really our problem.

Avdijaj will come good I think, just needs time. As long as he's pulling his weight in training etc. He'll probably get a new deal.

Don’t know what games you watch. On Saturday Walker was involved in the build up to our goal, he was instrumental in both moves that ended up with Naismith and Boyce missing what were sitters. Three excellent moves all instigated by Walker.  Just don’t get the Walker seethe these days. The ‘Rangers’ episode was years ago, he knows he was wrong, but at least give the guy credit for what he does. Not sure anyone else in our side created as many good moves as he did on Saturday. 

Allowayjambo1874

Walker looks languid on the pitch but he is contributing all be it’s in fits and bursts. Definitely not the walker we had 3 seasons ago. I do hope Stendel can get him back  as he would be a great asset and is most likely of the three. 

Donis was a punt, don’t think it’s worked and be surprised to see him getting much more game time.

Meshino has not got the heart for British football and is far too lightweight, he will be back playing pretty football in Japan soon enough, doubt he will cut it in Europe.

Meshino has been very inconsistent but showed moments of real talent. I do feel though that he's never been given a run of games to find his way in the team and get used to Scottish football. One game he gets 90 and looks promising, then has an erratic game gets hooked after 60 minutes then doesn't play for a month. 

I think all 3 of them favour to play behind the striker (can play wide also but wouldn't class any of them as wingers) which on paper is our best players position in the team - Naismith.

TheGoodLord
14 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Walker looks languid on the pitch but he is contributing all be it’s in fits and bursts. Definitely not the walker we had 3 seasons ago. I do hope Stendel can get him back  as he would be a great asset and is most likely of the three. 

Donis was a punt, don’t think it’s worked and be surprised to see him getting much more game time.

Meshino has not got the heart for British football and is far too lightweight, he will be back playing pretty football in Japan soon enough, doubt he will cut it in Europe.

This pretty much sums it up for me. Basically none of them can be relied on right now but in their defence if they’re not playing much or at all it’s pretty hard for any of them to build a case. 

10 hours ago, Bluesy1874 said:

To be fair to Jamie, I am sure his partner had a little girl Thursday/Friday night . Wouldn't have helped with the prep for the weekends game

Bluesy is right. Not so very long ago there was a new baby in our family and weeks later the father looked absolutely knackered (also very happy).

Professional sportsmen are no doubt different but let's cut Walker a little slack (forgot, that's against Kickback rules: Walker is a Category A, he gets no leeway).

Get off his back, people. 

Jamie was smashed in the head on Saturday and looked very groggy went he got up on to his feet , played pretty decent and made a few chances for other after that.  

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Jamie walker being written off bit to early in my opinion  , I still think he could come good 

Too early? He played 155 times the first time around and has played 15 times around this time. Think we should have a fairly good idea of his strengths and weaknesses by now.

Selkirkhmfc1874
20 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Too early? He played 155 times the first time around and has played 15 times around this time. Think we should have a fairly good idea of his strengths and weaknesses by now.

Just my opinion I still think he's got something to give and I was one of the ones who didn't want us to sign him in the summer 

2 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

Bluesy is right. Not so very long ago there was a new baby in our family and weeks later the father looked absolutely knackered (also very happy).

Professional sportsmen are no doubt different but let's cut Walker a little slack (forgot, that's against Kickback rules: Walker is a Category A, he gets no leeway).

Get off his back, people. 

If he is not 100% physically and mentally fit then he should not be in the squad.  Their are younger players available that can fill the role.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Meshino came in for pelters on Saturday, basically because he saw a guy twice his size about to knock him into next decade, let alone next week. However it was his guile, craft and skill that was helping us when he came on. Walker had a couple of good games before falling out of the team again, not his best on Saturday but he still had moments of danger. 

Donis looks as if he is not going to help very much.

Pitches at the moment are rough, weather still gusty, none of these players will be suited to underfoot and overhead. But.....that will change for the final run in, I think footballing ability will start to become far more important, we will survive if can battle out the next 3 weeks successfully

Scottie Wanshot.

walker and meshino made the 2 passes for the to chances we had in the 2nd half. the dead wood Boyce and Naysmith missed.

3 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

walker and meshino made the 2 passes for the to chances we had in the 2nd half. the dead wood Boyce and Naysmith missed.

Dead wood?

Scottie Wanshot.
15 hours ago, R1874 said:

you say our defence  looks stronger, we dont have a defence, there all up the park attacking. and if you watch the highlights of the game, nearly every cross into our box Motherwell got free headers. our defenders CANT get off the ground.

Scottie Wanshot.
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Dead wood?

yes they fluffed every chance. Naysmith first half and second half and Boyce second half, it's on Tv

Just now, Scottie Wanshot. said:

yes they fluffed every chance. Naysmith first half and second half and Boyce second half, it's on Tv

Naismith and Boyce.

Deadwood?

:rofl:

TyphoonJambo
15 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

you say our defence  looks stronger, we dont have a defence, there all up the park attacking. and if you watch the highlights of the game, nearly every cross into our box Motherwell got free headers. our defenders CANT get off the ground.

It is worrying. Last 3 games big opposition players have had free headers. Luckily they all fluffed them but were definitely riding our luck there. 

5 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t know what games you watch. On Saturday Walker was involved in the build up to our goal, he was instrumental in both moves that ended up with Naismith and Boyce missing what were sitters. Three excellent moves all instigated by Walker.  Just don’t get the Walker seethe these days. The ‘Rangers’ episode was years ago, he knows he was wrong, but at least give the guy credit for what he does. Not sure anyone else in our side created as many good moves as he did on Saturday. 

He's good on the ball, no disputes. But when he loses possession, he shows little desire at all to try and win it back.

1 hour ago, Locky said:

He's good on the ball, no disputes. But when he loses possession, he shows little desire at all to try and win it back.

You were not watching at Easter Road then. 

Edited by soonbe110

Scottie Wanshot.
2 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

It is worrying. Last 3 games big opposition players have had free headers. Luckily they all fluffed them but were definitely riding our luck there. 

just a matter of time unfortunately.

Scottie Wanshot.
1 hour ago, Locky said:

walker for Scotland 

17 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Totally agree. I reckon he will get sent off if he plays aganist St Midden judging by his antics the last time he came on as a sub.

Can I just point out that, despite Jamie being "finished", he set up our two best chances on Saturday with vision and and weight of pass.  I see this was pointed out above, but needs said again.  When we lack quality and assurance around the box, Jamie is still our best "finisher" and that counts for a helluva lot.

I'll also point out that, while it doesn't come naturally, Jamie has more than once this season got pretty well stuck in.  And before the postponed St M game, Walker was our best player, both in terms of urgency and creativity for a couple of games, too.

What people watch!?  Came on to a frenetic derby and gave the ball away as wasn't up to pace of the game - happens.  Came on against Motherwell and split their defence at least twice in a very tight game.

3 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

You should perhaps rephrase that.  No wonder Morgan gave you a row!

Edited by JamboAl

I think walker has  done fine! I prefer him in a central position though.Jamie always looks dangerous in and around the box.  Meshino has bags of talent but is very weak in the tackle. He struggles against strong tackling full backs in the wide role too. I would say he’s best centrally .He did really well against Aberdeen in a free role almost. Width is definitely our problem. I’ve no idea what the the new fella is like but he’s clearly not ready. Not even making the subs bench 

Edited by Bighenry

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Can I just point out that, despite Jamie being "finished", he set up our two best chances on Saturday with vision and and weight of pass.  I see this was pointed out above, but needs said again.  When we lack quality and assurance around the box, Jamie is still our best "finisher" and that counts for a helluva lot.

I'll also point out that, while it doesn't come naturally, Jamie has more than once this season got pretty well stuck in.  And before the postponed St M game, Walker was our best player, both in terms of urgency and creativity for a couple of games, too.

What people watch!?  Came on to a frenetic derby and gave the ball away as wasn't up to pace of the game - happens.  Came on against Motherwell and split their defence at least twice in a very tight game.

Situation like Saturday I think he is more suited to, when it is about breaking down stout defences. 

He does graft but would be fair to say like the others mentioned and previous boo boy Sean Clare they are better going forward than back. 

When the pitches improve shortly skillful players will flourish more. 

Right now its a battle. Reckon that is why Rangers are struggling. Moving the ball quickly is everything to them and right now you can't do that very easily 

Weakened Offender

Meshino is utter pish and is now just another in a list of many reasons to hate Man ****ing City. 

scott herbertson
12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Situation like Saturday I think he is more suited to, when it is about breaking down stout defences. 

He does graft but would be fair to say like the others mentioned and previous boo boy Sean Clare they are better going forward than back. 

When the pitches improve shortly skillful players will flourish more. 

Right now its a battle. Reckon that is why Rangers are struggling. Moving the ball quickly is everything to them and right now you can't do that very easily 

Your point about the pitches is a good one. 

This could apply to all 3 but probably more Walker given his experience of our division.  We need to see them far more involved in the game. Carrying the threat much more over 90 minutes...being far more influential in the last third and go searching for the ball. Not on the fringes and waiting on the ball coming to them. 

Under Neilson, Walker used to combine with Nicholson quite a lot and there was a hunger to get on the ball and be the main man.  Doesn’t look like that as much to me at the moment.

Its doesn’t need said. We know JW has the football brain and the touches. It’s just wanting to do it much more than we are seeing.