A mans or (woman’s) home is their castle...7 of them.

Angel eyes

Just done a quick adding up in my head.

I’m currently on number 18! And I’ve a strange feeling I may have missed at least one. 

Shanks said no

Number 7 but not planning to be my last, planning for 8 and 9. They will be my last unless I end up in a home but unsure if that counts. I'm 55

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

8 but I'll say 7 as I won't count a flat we moved to last year for a month which we promptly moved back to our house from.

We'll down size this year if we find the right place.

I'm at 7 now, if I only count places I lived for a number of years. It would be way higher if I included student flats and other short term places.  My last 2 houses take up 23 years between them and I don't intend in moving again.

I’m on 7.

Interestingly when doing renovations on this current house we found a hand written note scribbled on a piece of plasterboard. It was hidden under the staircase by the guy who built the house.

Basically thanking those who helped in the building of the house and his wife and kids. Built in 1984 at a cost of £54K! You can’t build much these days for that money.

We have it framed now as it’s a lovely little bit of history to the house.

I'm on 9 and planning for no 10 sometime in the next couple of years.

I've lived in 2 houses with my folks, flat shared in 4 by myself, rented 2 with my Mrs before we  finally bought no 9 a couple of years ago. Fully intend to have no 10 for a decade or more.

Jambo-Jimbo

On number 8.

3 with my parents.

1 with my in laws when first married.

4 either on our own/with the kids.

This one we've been in 32 years now.

SectionDJambo

3 as living with parents. 2 as an independent adult, with little prospect or expectation of moving out.

Until they ship me out to a residential home, if they dare.

OmiyaHearts

I'm 42 and currently on flat number 5 in 17 years. Currently saving for a mortgage and no plans for kids, so when me & the mrs buy, that'll be us done.

Unknown user
51 minutes ago, Locky said:

Just moved into my 21st flat/house. I'm only 26.

I guess you're like me - moved about a lot as a kid and just see it as normal in adulthood, I'm on 30 in my mid 40s.

We bought a house in Holland, thought we were settling down, close to a good school, front and back garden, spare bedrooms. ****ing hated it, HATED it, never felt so restricted in my life.

Since February 2018 we've moved 3 times though, it's too much, nobody's getting younger, and now that we're in a council place I hope we can settle a bit and stop getting itchy feet.

35 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I guess you're like me - moved about a lot as a kid and just see it as normal in adulthood, I'm on 30 in my mid 40s.

We bought a house in Holland, thought we were settling down, close to a good school, front and back garden, spare bedrooms. ****ing hated it, HATED it, never felt so restricted in my life.

Since February 2018 we've moved 3 times though, it's too much, nobody's getting younger, and now that we're in a council place I hope we can settle a bit and stop getting itchy feet.

My Mum and Dad split from a young age, so that didn't help things. Then in my own adult life, I was with my ex, got our own place, split up, and now back in a place with my current girlfriend. It hasn't bothered me too much upto now, as it's been nice getting experience and connections all over the city, but I certainly would like to settle at some point.

Interesting comments about living abroad. Often wondered if it's something I could do. Would love to live in Holland or Germany, but I can imagine there will be times when it's not so rosy. As much as I love being away, you sometimes pine for being in comfortable surroundings. I lived in Hawick for a few years when I was younger. I know it's not the same but it was the polar opposite of living in a city like Edinburgh and at times I ****ing hated it and felt worlds away from my toon.

Unknown user
9 minutes ago, Locky said:

My Mum and Dad split from a young age, so that didn't help things. Then in my own adult life, I was with my ex, got our own place, split up, and now back in a place with my current girlfriend. It hasn't bothered me too much upto now, as it's been nice getting experience and connections all over the city, but I certainly would like to settle at some point.

Interesting comments about living abroad. Often wondered if it's something I could do. Would love to live in Holland or Germany, but I can imagine there will be times when it's not so rosy. As much as I love being away, you sometimes pine for being in comfortable surroundings. I lived in Hawick for a few years when I was younger. I know it's not the same but it was the polar opposite of living in a city like Edinburgh and at times I ****ing hated it and felt worlds away from my toon.

I love Holland, really miss it at times, but at the end of the day our loved ones are in Scotland. We got offered a pub to run in England when we were coming back but we weren't leaving holland to leave holland, we were leaving to come home, see bairns growing up, be around your parents growing old. At your age though I'd say do it, definitely, you can't buy that kind of life experience. 

Edited by Smithee

Average home OWNER may have 7 houses in their lifetime.

Renters will often be in the several dozens.

With landlords able to throw anybody out for almost any reason every 6 months (or no reason at all; they just want to re-list it at a higher rent), renters are forced to be semi-nomadic these days.

5 hours ago, Smithee said:

I love Holland, really miss it at times, but at the end of the day our loved ones are in Scotland. We got offered a pub to run in England when we were coming back but we weren't leaving holland to leave holland, we were leaving to come home, see bairns growing up, be around your parents growing old. At your age though I'd say do it, definitely, you can't buy that kind of life experience. 

Only thing really holding me back is my daughter. She's 6. I'm seperated from her Mum so couldn't not be around for her. Other than that I'd love to. Obviously leaving Hearts behind is something that would be hard too. :lol: 

I’m 25 and I’m on number 5. One of those was a 16 year stay so been a bit of a mover in my more recent years 

Doctor FinnBarr

Since birth I'm on my 10th now, never included the flats I had when I worked in the then West Germany in the late 80s because I stayed with parents when I came home on holiday. You've no idea the problems that caused me with Maggie's Poll tax

On my tenth home, in my 7th city/town. Probably have one more move in the same town I'm currently in.