Match Fixing

DETTY29

2 minutes ago, Masonic said:

the market he claimed he was betting on did not exist in the mid 90s thats already been confirmed and his version of events debunked. top player mind you though

I agree with this. 

I'm not certain but the 'no singles ' rule was only relaxed around that time maybe even later.

He may well have known a private bookie who gave him odds due to him being a regular punter.

Surely any bookie would be off his head to knowingly  give a player access to yellow and red cards betting for large sums.  😨

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Masonic

• luckyBatistuta

• Frankfurter

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Ruud Krol said:

I heard last night that Marc McNulty had (allegedly) agreed to get booked during the derby, under pressure from a betting syndicate.

The guy who told me (no reason to doubt him) allegedly heard this the night before the match.

No doubt the syndicate will be a bit pissed off with the referee for being so incompetent, lol .....

😂

(I am assuming a red card would also pay out , as a yellow would)

the to be carded market would be settled as a winner for either colour of card what i fail to understand about that is why not just go for the red for 4 or 5 times better payout?

Hibby at my work told me several major bookies in Edinburgh stopped taking bets on McNulty getting booked before the game last Tuesday due to so many people trying to make that bet. 
He managed to get the bet on online. 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, luckydug said:

I agree with this. 

I'm not certain but the 'no singles ' rule was only relaxed around that time maybe even later.

He may well have known a private bookie who gave him odds due to him being a regular punter.

Surely any bookie would be off his head to knowingly  give a player access to yellow and red cards betting for large sums.  😨

A lot of players (I mean a lot) get other people to do it for them. Most recent example is Daniel Sturridge, giving his brother a large sum of cash to put money on him signing for Sevilla on loan last summer, he's now been banned for 6 or 7 months from all football I think.

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

I agree with this. 

no really if he can sell the bet to another bookie who doesnt have a clue that he was getting insider info from a player

happens right now with refs some bookies let them win then just copy their side of the bet although not fullproof its winning overall even a few dont go your way

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Jarhead said:

Hibby at my work told me several major bookies in Edinburgh stopped taking bets on McNulty getting booked before the game last Tuesday due to so many people trying to make that bet. 

See my post above, I've heard from one of my mates who played with him at Livi that he's terrible for this.

Funny thing is he somehow didn't get booked against us 🤣

been here before

An interesting fact about Dougie Imrie is that if you re-arrange the letters of his name you get 'wutter ank'

heatonjambo
23 minutes ago, Masonic said:

dont know if this is related or even legit but it was posted almost two months ago before numerous miracle hamilton results

could all just be coincidence but i thought id share this users tweet to gauge other users thoughts

there is also more detail in the blog post on the tweet

Can’t open/find that blog link mate.

do you have another link

cheers

Just now, heatonjambo said:

Can’t open/find that blog link mate.

do you have another link

cheers

if u visit his twitter page mate u will get access to it from there

3 minutes ago, Masonic said:

Can't find it there either.

I am now quite intrigued what it may contain given current events.

Weakened Offender
3 hours ago, CalMac said:

The big surprise to me is that the Sunday Post has a website.

😁

heatonjambo
4 minutes ago, Masonic said:

1 minute ago, kila said:

Can't find it there either.

I am now quite intrigued what it may contain given current events.

Yip,

says blog does not exist. 

where on tenterhooks masonic

😀

Weakened Offender

I know for a fact of an ex Dundee United player who deliberately got sent off in a match so he could watch the 2011 Edinburgh New Year Derby, from the losers' end. 

Rogue Daddy
12 minutes ago, Ruud Krol said:

I heard last night that Marc McNulty had (allegedly) agreed to get booked during the derby, under pressure from a betting syndicate.

The guy who told me (no reason to doubt him) allegedly heard this the night before the match.

No doubt the syndicate will be a bit pissed off with the referee for being so incompetent, lol .....

😂

I posted this the day after I the match thread (I think). Spoke to a couple of Hibs pals who want him emptied. Apparently one of them tried to get money on the bet but their bookie had stopped taking bets. It all goes back to a txt from a mcnulty family member - allegedly. 
Even heard something like this happened at his previous club, but was never proved. 

Found a cached version of the blog: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://footballisfixed.blogspot.com/2020/01/the-year-of-rat.html

Football manager Brian Rice, who narrowly escaped a Qatari jail over £65K gambling debts in 2013, has revealed that he still has gambling issues

Do you aye?

Once again he pleads for support which has been forthcoming from his current club Hamilton Accies and former one St Mirren as well as in a bunch of fake news articles in the odious Daily Record

Current St Mirren manager Jim Goodwin believes that: "First and foremost all our sympathies and support go out to Brian. Fair play to him for coming forward and speaking out in the manner he has"

Which would be fine except for one point neatly ignored by all...
... we have been very reliably informed by a trusted source that bookmakers got Rice to fix matches to pay off his gambling debts

So, not "fair play" at all but proprietary matchfixing influenced by bookies ██████████ 

We are still undertaking analytics of the global markets around Hamilton Accies matches this season but to date fully 50% of their games in the SPFL have been fixed

Hamilton have gained 13 points in the 11 matchfixing events and just 5 points in the other twelve games - Hamilton would be bottom of the table adrift of Hearts if it weren't for corruption

What a pity for Hearts that they are so closely linked to ██████████ ██████████ John Colquhoun...
... otherwise we would have shared our evidences

Where is the SFA in all this?
Still burying the realities exposed by Charlotte Fakes?
What does the SFA Compliance Officer actually do?

Hamilton CEO Colin McGowan gushes: "Brian's courage today could be a seminal moment for Scottish football"

Will it aye?

Perhaps it would help if the competitions weren't called the Ladbrokes Scottish Premiership, the William Hill Scottish Cup and the SPFL Betfred Cup, while Hampden Park is also sponsored by William Hill

Is there any part of Scottish football not under bookmaker control?

For the FIF Network only - See Kerkyra 2.0 Server for background on Hamilton Academicals, James McCarthy, Roberto Martinez and Nigerian firm Shoreline Energy (provided to our network by former Celtic player Steve █████)

heatonjambo
1 minute ago, kila said:

Found a cached version of the blog: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://footballisfixed.blogspot.com/2020/01/the-year-of-rat.html

Football manager Brian Rice, who narrowly escaped a Qatari jail over £65K gambling debts in 2013, has revealed that he still has gambling issues

Do you aye?

Once again he pleads for support which has been forthcoming from his current club Hamilton Accies and former one St Mirren as well as in a bunch of fake news articles in the odious Daily Record

Current St Mirren manager Jim Goodwin believes that: "First and foremost all our sympathies and support go out to Brian. Fair play to him for coming forward and speaking out in the manner he has"

Which would be fine except for one point neatly ignored by all...
... we have been very reliably informed by a trusted source that bookmakers got Rice to fix matches to pay off his gambling debts

So, not "fair play" at all but proprietary matchfixing influenced by bookies ██████████ 

We are still undertaking analytics of the global markets around Hamilton Accies matches this season but to date fully 50% of their games in the SPFL have been fixed

Hamilton have gained 13 points in the 11 matchfixing events and just 5 points in the other twelve games - Hamilton would be bottom of the table adrift of Hearts if it weren't for corruption

What a pity for Hearts that they are so closely linked to ██████████ ██████████ John Colquhoun...
... otherwise we would have shared our evidences

Where is the SFA in all this?
Still burying the realities exposed by Charlotte Fakes?
What does the SFA Compliance Officer actually do?

Hamilton CEO Colin McGowan gushes: "Brian's courage today could be a seminal moment for Scottish football"

Will it aye?

Perhaps it would help if the competitions weren't called the Ladbrokes Scottish Premiership, the William Hill Scottish Cup and the SPFL Betfred Cup, while Hampden Park is also sponsored by William Hill

Is there any part of Scottish football not under bookmaker control?

For the FIF Network only - See Kerkyra 2.0 Server for background on Hamilton Academicals, James McCarthy, Roberto Martinez and Nigerian firm Shoreline Energy (provided to our network by former Celtic player Steve █████)

Cheers fella

👍

Weakened Offender
3 hours ago, dode said:

Has anyone seen the first episode of the new series of inside number 9 , it’s brilliant even if your not a fan of the style of comedy 

it’s all about match fixing

Where can I see that? 

Inside Number 9 is one of the funniest series ever, some episodes are genius. 

9 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

See my post above, I've heard from one of my mates who played with him at Livi that he's terrible for this.

Conversation came about when I said I couldn’t understand why McNulty would do something like that at 0-0 but I could understand when Sproule done the same thing to Miko in the semi. 
Apparently the rumour mill had went wild on Tuesday afternoon originating from the man himself what he was planning to do. 
I don’t expect anything to come from it but the whole thing stinks of something not quite right. 

Saint Jambo
43 minutes ago, Ruud Krol said:

😂

41 minutes ago, Masonic said:

the to be carded market would be settled as a winner for either colour of card what i fail to understand about that is why not just go for the red for 4 or 5 times better payout?

40 minutes ago, Jarhead said:

38 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I'm struggling to understand the claim here. McNulty had agreed to pick up a booking. So rather than do something that would lead to a booking, he did something in the 17minute that if seen could only see him sent off. He then had another 40minutes during which he could have committed any of the easy bookable offences but didn't. Seems a pretty tall tale to me.

1 minute ago, Jeff said:

written by a celtic fan btw

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

It's written into the rules that 1) they can't play against their parent club and 2) the parent club cannot select which games a player plays or does not play while on loan.

From the SPFL Rules:

Prohibition on Playing Against Transferor Club

64.  During the term of a Temporary Transfer the Player concerned shall not Play for his transferee Club against his transferor Club in:

(i) a League Match;

(ii) a Play-Off Match;

(iii) a Scottish Professional Football League Cup Match;

(iv) a Scottish Professional Football League Challenge Cup Match; and

(v) a Scottish Cup Match; and

during the term of a Temporary Transfer or during a Recall, the Player concerned shall not Play for his transferor Club in a Match in the Reserve League or in any Reserve Cup Match against his transferee Club or for his transferor Club in any Match involving an age limited team of his transferee Club.

51. It is not permitted for a transferor Club to stipulate when or against whom a Player transferred or temporarily transferred may or may not Play and any such stipulation in any agreement or other document shall be void.

And that is the reason the OF keep lending players to Aberdeen and Hibs....

Saint Jambo
1 hour ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

Could this actually result in A points deduction for Hamilton?

Almost certainly not. At the moment it seems it is a police investigation with no charges. The SFA/SPFL won't act while there is a criminal investigation going on. If the investigation leads to charges its unlikely to be resolved before the end of the season. If it doesn't lead to charges then unlikely the SFA/SPFL would act. Even if it does lead to charges, the SFA/SPFL may well decide that a points deduction isn't an appropriate punishment.

The Internet
33 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Where can I see that? 

Inside Number 9 is one of the funniest series ever, some episodes are genius. 

BBC iplayer. Quality TV. 

RustyRightPeg
8 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I'm struggling to understand the claim here. McNulty had agreed to pick up a booking. So rather than do something that would lead to a booking, he did something in the 17minute that if seen could only see him sent off. He then had another 40minutes during which he could have committed any of the easy bookable offences but didn't. Seems a pretty tall tale to me.

Depends what the terms of the bet were I suppose, could be 'McNulty to be carded...' doesn't define yellow or red

6 minutes ago, Jeff said:

So the gist of this tale is certain other teams lay down for Hamilton to some extent and were complicit? So what did Rice do that meant Hamilton gained points? I am confused by that line in the blog.

Saint Jambo
1 hour ago, Masonic said:

dont know if this is related or even legit but it was posted almost two months ago before numerous miracle hamilton results

could all just be coincidence but i thought id share this users tweet to gauge other users thoughts

there is also more detail in the blog post on the tweet

Here is an excerpt from another of his posts...

"Using a systemic match manipulation template, ownership of a cartel of EPL teams, a perverted Professional Game Match Officials Board (PGMOB) refereeing body, the 'hacking' of Manchester City, plus extensive doping and fixture list biases, Liverpool have been presented with the title by mafia entities.

All the spectators have known about this season has been in the form of propaganda imagery.
The closely watched media presentations makes it impossible for the fan to distinguish between the experience of what is truly happening, and its stylised, selective misrepresentation through simulacra by the content providers."

It is total wackadoodle stuff.

https://footballisfixed.blogspot.com/2020/02/the-201920-premier-league-did-not-take.html?m=1

Just now, kila said:

So the gist of this tale is certain other teams lay down for Hamilton to some extent and were complicit? So what did Rice do that meant Hamilton gained points? I am confused by that line in the blog.

from what i read the network uses the iceberg effect and only release a small % to the public

interesting that they had info on what was going on in malta years in advance before arrests were made etc

now all confirmed by mainstream media

Saint Jambo
4 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Depends what the terms of the bet were I suppose, could be 'McNulty to be carded...' doesn't define yellow or red

No, but that being the case why would a player take a red card and a ban rather than a straight forward yellow? The reason people worry about the yellow card market being fixed is that players can easily pick up a booking without massively impacting the game, especially if they are a forward. Both the idea that McNulty would aim to pick up a red card and that having failed to do so, wouldn't be capable of picking up a yellow card, means the story just doesn't ring true.

gashauskis9
45 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I know for a fact of an ex Dundee United player who deliberately got sent off in a match so he could watch the 2011 Edinburgh New Year Derby, from the losers' end. 

Mr Swanson per chance?

3 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

"Using a systemic match manipulation template, ownership of a cartel of EPL teams, a perverted Professional Game Match Officials Board (PGMOB) refereeing body, the 'hacking' of Manchester City, plus extensive doping and fixture list biases, Liverpool have been presented with the title by mafia entities.

All the spectators have known about this season has been in the form of propaganda imagery.
The closely watched media presentations makes it impossible for the fan to distinguish between the experience of what is truly happening, and its stylised, selective misrepresentation through simulacra by the content providers."

https://footballisfixed.blogspot.com/2020/02/the-201920-premier-league-did-not-take.html?m=1

in my initial post it clearly states dont know if this is legit or related also mentioned it was more than likely coincidence as i know even a broken clock is right twice a day

Saint Jambo
10 minutes ago, Masonic said:

in my initial post it clearly states dont know if this is legit or related also mentioned it was more than likely coincidence as i know even a broken clock is right twice a day

I wasn't trying to suggest you thought it was legit. I was just giving anyone who was interested an insight into the kind of posts on it.

I'm not sure it is fair to even say that the Hamilton blogpost is an example of a stopped clock being right twice a day. The story that has emerged doesn't back up the blog post at all. The reports suggest Imrie has been arrested over a yellow card in an investigation where there is no suggestion Rice has been talked to, while the blogpost claims the results of half of Hamilton's games have been fixed by Rice. The site took a story about Rice owning up to breaking betting rules and built a wee fantasy around it. Today's story does nothing to back it up.

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Kilmarnock keeper looked pretty dodgy with the Hamilton penalty. No idea how he didn't save that

Brian Rice bet on Hearts to get relegated at the start of the season?

:wow:

5 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

If it is proven that there was "match fixing" in terms of on the field actions, e.g getting a yellow card, then the club cannot disassociate itself from the player(s) involved. 

Exactly, and a substantial points deduction or automatic relegation would in fact be the only realistic sanctions  available in this instance.

1 hour ago, Masonic said:

Would maybe hurt the player not being in the team and struggle to get back in.

Therefore costing the player in the end  and the syndacite.

In know way do I know this is true  but would make sense why folk don't get sent off

Footballfirst

Whatever happens, I think that the SPFL will assess the impact on Hearts and the Premiership very carefully. They have previously been very lenient when dealing with the Andy Irving registration issue in the League Cup.

annushorribilis III
54 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

That doesn't even read like it's been written by a native English speaker. 

1 hour ago, kila said:

Hamilton gaining points in matches you'd expect them to lose ? The suggestion being they've fixed these matches ?

What am I missing here ?

The White Cockade

So it's not Hamilton taking bribes

It's every the team in the league taking bribes to lose to them

Lot of pish!!

Frankfurter
6 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

So it's not Hamilton taking bribes

It's every the team in the league taking bribes to lose to them

Lot of pish!!

Or Hamilton are actually top 4 material, but only turn up for the fixed games. 😉

Tom Hardy’s Dug

This isn’t a post out of desperation but if Hamilton are basically nailed on as having affected games that impacted point totals for them and other teams then any penalties and sanctions against them needs to be point based.

8 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

The most horrible little shit of player to disgrace Scottish football. Hope they throw the book at him and Hamilton!

Rogue Daddy
11 hours ago, kila said:

Yes, I don’t get it either. How do you match fix ‘winning’ games?... the refs? They’re so sh•t how would we know the difference?

The blog obviously implies others outside Hamilton are complicit. Who knows? 🤷‍♂️