Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Masonic

• luckyBatistuta

• Jeff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Calebs Grandad

Apologies with it posting twice. This market is becoming more and more popular all the time. This was a friends bet yesterday.

8 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Two coaches found to have been tinkering with gambling and fixing.

This is just what they’ve been found out doing, although Rice came forward himself.

Who is to say what they’ve been up to and got away with, up to now. Probably not the only club with a problem either.

Maybe Rice came forward as he knew this was about to come out?

luckyBatistuta

So happy to see that little scumbag involved. We are not going to benefit from this, just as we didn’t when the St Mirren players had their little bets on.

2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

So happy to see that little scumbag involved. We are not going to benefit from this, just as we didn’t when the St Mirren players had their little bets on.

When did st mirren players have bets on?

luckyBatistuta
Just now, GinRummy said:

When did st mirren players have bets on?

You don’t know 🙀

Brian Rice has the Hamilton job as he’s paying of debt to the chairman who bailed him out a hole in Oman?? Sorry if that’s not where he was coach. It’s pretty common knowledge he has the job due to this in football circles. Betting is a plague and loads and loads of players have issue with it. Fraser Aird owes thousand to ex team mates etx. I wouldn’t be surprised to start reading stories in the press about him soon. Like the poster above has shown, build a bet around bookings and you can turn a tenner into a grand or more easily. Player one at one club, txts player two at another and says “get booked and I’ll get booked, get someone you ken to put £20 on it as a bet builder” and it’s that easy. 

Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

You don’t know 🙀

I assume you mean 86 but I thought you needed to bet a minimum of 5 homes, three aways or three draws back then. Heard whispers before but didn’t think bookies took goal bets or single bet s back then. 

19 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Two coaches found to have been tinkering with gambling and fixing.

This is just what they’ve been found out doing, although Rice came forward himself.

Who is to say what they’ve been up to and got away with, up to now. Probably not the only club with a problem either.

I think Rice came forward before the story was hitting the press. They usually contact the person in advance to tell them the story they are about to run.

WheatfieldWarrior
32 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Nobody found this sentence funny and ironic

"“It is essential that the hard-won and well-justified reputation for integrity in our game is preserved.”"

Aye right

We saw it, but bigger fish to fry and all that 😏

There’s lots of betting options out there.

Surely just ban betting on getting booked? Or getting sent off? Or any of

the other bets that players can deliberately “do” themselves.

The system is too easy to manipulate if you are unethical. 

luckyBatistuta
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I assume you mean 86 but I thought you needed to bet a minimum of 5 homes, three aways or three draws back then. Heard whispers before but didn’t think bookies took goal bets or single bet s back then. 

Celtic to win the title before that game will have been a decent return.

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

There’s lots of betting options out there.

Surely just ban betting on getting booked? Or getting sent off? Or any of

the other bets that players can deliberately “do” themselves.

The system is too easy to manipulate if you are unethical. 

Just too tempting for some having those bets available. How easy would it be to get yourself the first card, or a booking at any point of the game

8 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

With you now. As I said, I’d heard things over the years but never put two and two together. 

58 minutes ago, kila said:

Bookies shouldn’t be allowed to take bets on anything other than goals. 

Yellow cards, corners etc too easy to manipulate and less obvious than cheating a goal. 

Bookies have far too much influence in sport these days. 

It doesn't take much imagination to work out how criminals and unscrupulous players could make fortunes out of betting markets such as red and yellow cards. 

I was going to say its incredible that football associations allow this practice but then I remembered the sponsorship money involved. 

Between the TV companies and the bookies and drink companies football is stitched up and the fans are considered to be mugs in their minds. 

Has anyone seen the first episode of the new series of inside number 9 , it’s brilliant even if your not a fan of the style of comedy 

it’s all about match fixing

Edited by dode

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

With you now. As I said, I’d heard things over the years but never put two and two together. 

Hard to prove, but there was loads of talk of it. McGarvey punching the air at the corner flag during the game when it came through what was happening in Dundee.

luckyBatistuta

Rino Gattuso could have made more money in betting on himself getting the first card than he ever could have in wages.

Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

Hard to prove, but there was loads of talk of it. McGarvey punching the air at the corner flag during the game when it came through what was happening in Dundee.

Yeah folk said that was just his Tim supporting ways. Wouldn’t surprise me if they had cash on it but it was in our hands tbf. Regardless of the reasons St Liedown lay down. 

Italian Lambretta

The way things have been going for Hamilton lately theyll probably be awarded an extra 3 points instead of being punished. 

2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Mcgarvey stated years later that he never played 100% against Celtic . Not talking about that game , just any game .

While its funny that its that wee prick nothing will come of it of any note.

Edited by Jamboelite

Match fixing is pretty much the worst crime in football according to FIFA/UEFA. Hope they hammer Imrie and Accies. Can’t stand the player nor the club. Hopefully some of our shitehouse cheating refs are involved too. Madden, Beaton and Dallas would be beautiful.

Surely being the second confirmed case from that club this season (although the incident was last season) there has to be a disrepute charge or something?

davemclaren
Just now, Thommo414 said:

Surely being the second confirmed case from that club this season (although the incident was last season) there has to be a disrepute charge or something?

We’re getting desperate now. 😀

23 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Back then I worked in a bookies and on the Tuesday before Dens Park my boss was offering odds of 10/1 against Celtic winning the title. They had to beat Motherwell that night or it would have been all over and Dens would have been party time for us. 

Back then bookmakers weren't supposed to offer single bets on League games you had to take a minimum of Three teams on your bet. Singles were only allowed on Cup games. 

Correct scores were unrestricted as were HT/FT and First goalscorer. 

Bets on bookings and red cards were not  normally offered. 

It's time we went back to these rules for the integrity of the game imo

13 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Crime’s the illness, punishment the cure. 

16 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

By any means, Dave. 

Id also love to see the Hibs seethe in the aftermath :jjyay:

luckyBatistuta
57 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah folk said that was just his Tim supporting ways. Wouldn’t surprise me if they had cash on it but it was in our hands tbf. Regardless of the reasons St Liedown lay down. 

I always say that we lost it the week before against Clydebank, if we had put a few past them instead of just the one, Celtic wouldn’t have even been up for that last game.

55 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Mcgarvey stated years later that he never played 100% against Celtic . Not talking about that game , just any game .

Hate the man.

30 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Back then I worked in a bookies and on the Tuesday before Dens Park my boss was offering odds of 10/1 against Celtic winning the title. They had to beat Motherwell that night or it would have been all over and Dens would have been party time for us. 

Back then bookmakers weren't supposed to offer single bets on League games you had to take a minimum of Three teams on your bet. Singles were only allowed on Cup games. 

Correct scores were unrestricted as were HT/FT and First goalscorer. 

Bets on bookings and red cards were not  normally offered. 

It's time we went back to these rules for the integrity of the game imo

10/1 is a decent price. Agree with you on changing it back mate

1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Match fixing is pretty much the worst crime in football according to FIFA/UEFA. Hope they hammer Imrie and Accies. Can’t stand the player nor the club. Hopefully some of our shitehouse cheating refs are involved too. Madden, Beaton and Dallas would be beautiful.

I'd love to see it. 

Not going to hold my breath because not much seems to go our way this season. 

Anyone have any idea when a decision will be made on punishment?

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Is that his face or have they censored it as it could give kids nightmares?

Dwarf from the Singing Ringing Tree. Frightening

41 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I always say that we lost it the week before against Clydebank, if we had put a few past them instead of just the one, Celtic wouldn’t have even been up for that last game.

Hate the man.

10/1 is a decent price. Agree with you on changing it back mate

IIRC  Celtic had to win their last three games and hope we dropped points and they needed to ram in a good amount of goals in the process. 

They beat HIBS 3-0 at Parkhead

Motherwell 2-0 Fir Park

St Mirren 5-0 at Love Street

While we struggled to beat Clydebank 1-0

If Hibs had managed a draw at Parkhead on the same day we beat Clydebank we would have won the league thanks to Hibs. 😃

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

IIRC  Celtic had to win their last three games and hope we dropped points and they needed to ram in a good amount of goals in the process. 

They beat HIBS 3-0 at Parkhead

Motherwell 2-0 Fir Park

St Mirren 5-0 at Love Street

While we struggled to beat Clydebank 1-0

If Hibs had managed a draw at Parkhead on the same day we beat Clydebank we would have won the league thanks to Hibs. 😃

Well that wasn’t going to happen. You’ve got a better memory than me mate, all I can remember from that lot is Gary’s screamer.

2 hours ago, johnthomas said:

The modern game even more dodgy - clubs can actually send players out on loan to clubs in the same league and include a clause that they cannot play against their parent club. On what planet is that not wrong?

Just now, Spellczech said:

The modern game even more dodgy - clubs can actually send players out on loan to clubs in the same league and include a clause that they cannot play against their parent club. On what planet is that not wrong?

Totally agree on that one. Should not be allowed to loan to or from clubs in same division. Cup games keep the no playing v parent club rule.

dont know if this is related or even legit but it was posted almost two months ago before numerous miracle hamilton results

could all just be coincidence but i thought id share this users tweet to gauge other users thoughts

there is also more detail in the blog post on the tweet

Footballfirst
9 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

It's written into the rules that 1) they can't play against their parent club and 2) the parent club cannot select which games a player plays or does not play while on loan.

From the SPFL Rules:

Prohibition on Playing Against Transferor Club

64.  During the term of a Temporary Transfer the Player concerned shall not Play for his transferee Club against his transferor Club in:

(i) a League Match;

(ii) a Play-Off Match;

(iii) a Scottish Professional Football League Cup Match;

(iv) a Scottish Professional Football League Challenge Cup Match; and

(v) a Scottish Cup Match; and

during the term of a Temporary Transfer or during a Recall, the Player concerned shall not Play for his transferor Club in a Match in the Reserve League or in any Reserve Cup Match against his transferee Club or for his transferor Club in any Match involving an age limited team of his transferee Club.

51. It is not permitted for a transferor Club to stipulate when or against whom a Player transferred or temporarily transferred may or may not Play and any such stipulation in any agreement or other document shall be void.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
2 hours ago, luckydug said:

Bookies have far too much influence in sport these days. 

It doesn't take much imagination to work out how criminals and unscrupulous players could make fortunes out of betting markets such as red and yellow cards. 

I was going to say its incredible that football associations allow this practice but then I remembered the sponsorship money involved. 

Between the TV companies and the bookies and drink companies football is stitched up and the fans are considered to be mugs in their minds. 

It doesn't even have to be as big an event in the match as a booking or a sending off, I can remember seeing Matt Le Tissier (I think) talking about he and his team mates betting on the first throw in. So he'd get the ball from kick off and just melt it out the park. 

Just now, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

It doesn't even have to be as big an event in the match as a booking or a sending off, I can remember seeing Matt Le Tissier (I think) talking about he and his team mates betting on the first throw in. So he'd get the ball from kick off and just melt it out the park. 

the market he claimed he was betting on did not exist in the mid 90s thats already been confirmed and his version of events debunked. top player mind you though

4 minutes ago, Masonic said:

dont know if this is related or even legit but it was posted almost two months ago before numerous miracle hamilton results

could all just be coincidence but i thought id share this users tweet to gauge other users thoughts

there is also more detail in the blog post on the tweet

I suppose if one were going down the conspiracy route (which I am not btw)

Hamilton have won at Ibrox with The Rangers shooting wildly at the moon all night, missing glaring chances.

Dodgy last minute penalty yesterday.

Even Hearts are not exempt from the conspiracy as we were operating our free gift scheme although we do that with every team TBF. 

Or are they just a bunch of Jammy bstards. 😕

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Just now, Masonic said:

the market he claimed he was betting on did not exist in the mid 90s thats already been confirmed and his version of events debunked. top player mind you though

Aw really? Fair enough then, you could imagine it happening though. That documentary about Wimbledon's "Crazy Gang" showed them talking about betting on their first goal scorer and stuff too. 

Midloth_Iain

I heard last night that Marc McNulty had (allegedly) agreed to get booked during the derby, under pressure from a betting syndicate.

The guy who told me (no reason to doubt him) allegedly heard this the night before the match.

No doubt the syndicate will be a bit pissed off with the referee for being so incompetent, lol .....

😂

(I am assuming a red card would also pay out , as a yellow would)

Edited by Ruud Krol