Motherwell goal

Diadora Van Basten

Scottie Wanshot.

simple the Motherwell goal, lost possession, no defence back, same thing later on after they scored, lost possession, we had 1 defender back, they had 4 forwards running towards our goal, how they never scored,  I dont know.

Randy Marsh
9 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Embarrassing that folk think it was Zlamal’s fault.

This.  Just watched the goal online and it was completely Halket's fault.  His attempt at trying to block the shot was a joke as well.  

53 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

simple the Motherwell goal, lost possession, no defence back, same thing later on after they scored, lost possession, we had 1 defender back, they had 4 forwards running towards our goal, how they never scored,  I dont know.

Was that the penalty claim? Looked a solid shout from where I was. 

1 hour ago, Shaggy2 said:

Looked a pen to me as well.  Hickey was all over the place in the lead up, and its clear he can't defend.

Think its time to drop Hickey or move him further forward as he is an utter liability at the back.

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Looked a pen to me as well.  Hickey was all over the place in the lead up, and its clear he can't defend.

Think its time to drop Hickey or move him further forward as he is an utter liability at the back.

I thought he had a poor game, too but I see he’s being praised for, “sticking to his task,” elsewhere. Just as well that Aarons is not very good at football. He could probably run a 100m in ten flat but, like most speed machines he has little technical ability. 

Just now, Shaggy2 said:

I thought he had a poor game, too but I see he’s being praised for, “sticking to his task,” elsewhere. Just as well that Aarons is not very good at football. He could probably run a 100m in ten flat but, like most speed machines he has little technical ability. 

Its all very well sticking to your task, but we were lucky the game wasn't over after half an hour as he was continually getting skinned.

We don't have time for pretty football in the games remaining and can't carry passengers.  Our defense needs to be as strong as it can be.

49 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Thought Hickey did pretty well! The defence as a whole looked shaky a few times but, crucially if we are to have any chance at staying up, did not crumble completely. Motherwell had a spell at the end of the first half where they looked dangerous but were well contained in the 2nd.

To take a positive from yesterday, we gifted the opposition only one goal. That is actual progress! 

Scottie Wanshot.
2 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

yes it was the penalty claim, I think there forward made the most of it. how can we only have 1 defender back, we need at least a solid 3 at the back.

On 07/03/2020 at 16:29, Cruyff said:

They were Hearts quality Centerhalfs. Jardine, Levein, McPherson, MacLaren, Weir, even a young Paul Ritchie, Webster, Pressley and Berra pre injury. They probably never had as many **** ups in their career compared to what Halkett has had so far in his. 

Big Roddy McDonald know your limits and play to them

Edited by andi17

Paisley Jambo
21 hours ago, been here before said:

Halkett could have and should have dealt with it initially. Zlamal also added to it by coming for it but changing his mind. 

Nothing new there.

Maybe worth a shot playing Doyle. Perriera is not a goalie.

20 minutes ago, Paisley Jambo said:

Nothing new there.

Doyle is terrible I think it’s not seeing him play in ages has some people thinking he’s better than what he is bobby till the end of the season then after that all 3 keepers will be gone 

Scottie Wanshot.

was watching the Well goal on TV, 

when Halket received the pass, the supporters applauded. as we thought it was the start of a attack, there wasn't any defenders behind him, he had all day to make the pass. but ended up hitting it against there forward, you know what happened then.

Scottie Wanshot.
10 hours ago, a11ank said:

Halket screwed up.  No argument there.

Bobby let us down badly though.  It looked like he was easily going to get there and changed his mind.

He is the last line of defence and yesterday didn't do his job.

Before anyone starts having a go at me, please tell me the last time you saw a goalie head the ball out of his own box!

Unfortunately he is still the best goalie we have!

I thought he headed it just outside the box.  that's why he headed it.

Paisley Jambo
1 hour ago, Kyle1874 said:

Doyle is terrible I think it’s not seeing him play in ages has some people thinking he’s better than what he is bobby till the end of the season then after that all 3 keepers will be gone 

Very true.

Another part of the Levein/McPhee legacy we have 3 sub standard goalkeepers.

That man should have his name removed from the plaque on the Main Stand.

12 minutes ago, Paisley Jambo said:

Very true.

What utter rubbish re the plaque.

21 minutes ago, Paisley Jambo said:

Very true.

100% mate we just need to try get out the mess he has left and then back Stendel in the transfer window

we should be looking at 2 new keepers and young Harry stone as 3rd choice 

Tommy Brown
7 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

yes it was the penalty claim, I think there forward made the most of it. how can we only have 1 defender back, we need at least a solid 3 at the back.

9 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

wrong post...doh 

I've not watched Sportscene, but watched the game live on Hearts TV.

Bobby caught the guy. We got lucky there, no doubt about it.

I text this to my mate (who was at the game) at the time.

Edited by Tommy Brown

1 hour ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

I thought he headed it just outside the box.  that's why he headed it.

He wasn't and shouldn't!

2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

I've not watched Sportscene, but watched the game live on Hearts TV.

Bobby caught the guy. We got lucky there, no doubt about it.

I text this to my mate (who was at the game) at the time.

Clearly not a penalty . Player was down before he got to Zlamal . Even thommo agrees !

Motherwell goal totally down to Halkett .

Keeper went to come out and , correctly , realised Motherwell player was closer to the ball .

15 minutes ago, a11ank said:

He wasn't and shouldn't!

I thought he was outside the box and im in line with the 18yrd box.

As it was so close and he was coming forward the header was the right option.

So angle on Sportscene was rubbish but I stand by my initial feeling that Bobby made the right call, he was never going to get to the ball ahead of the forward, did his best to hold him up and Halkett could have done better with the shot. Quite what Halkett was playing at with the charge down is anyone's guess, particularly as Clare was free on the right.

As for the Bobby header, looks shocking on tv but that ball was holding up all afternoon, the way the wind was swirling was catching everyone out and I think he thought it was holding up short. 

Yurghhhhh that's twice I defended Bobby in one post, I am away to have a shower now 

Halket made a mistake, it wasnt the worst defensive error recently but Motherwelll did well to punish him. Dont think Bobby could have done much more, he forced him wide and Halket was unlucky no to block the shot.

Hearts should have won, but we shouldnt be too worried by the result. We are a much improved side going into the final run of games, I have faith we can do it.

TheGoodLord

Halkett was immense on Tuesday night and he has been on several occasions also I think our top goal scorer.  Now being talked up for Scotland set up. Some of the utter crud being spouted on here is pure cringe. He will continue to improve and will be a fantastic signing. 

jamboiain13
9 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

at the game I thought it was maybe a pen but difficult to see as I sit in the main stand.  However, tv showed that the 'well player was already going down, even dragged hi left foot and was defo trying to con the ref.  Not even booked for simulation!

Scottie Wanshot.
3 hours ago, Paisley Jambo said:

Nothing new there.

and what about Bobby's save in the 2nd half. Pereira wouldn't even had tried to save it.

Halkett made a mistake, but Long did very well to put it away. I don’t think Bobby could do anything about it.

Halkett has been immense last few games so I’m hesitant to criticise.

on another issue, no way was that a penalty for Well. I didn’t think so at the game and no chance watching it on sportscene. Don’t know what Robinson was smoking

Edited by 1971fozzy

Bunny Munro

Bobby not a fault for the goal. Halkett 100%. First for gifting them the ball then for not blocking the shot.

Tommy Brown
7 hours ago, johnthomas said:

Clearly not a penalty . Player was down before he got to Zlamal . Even thommo agrees !

Motherwell goal totally down to Halkett .

Keeper went to come out and , correctly , realised Motherwell player was closer to the ball .

Cheers mate.

Only got one replay from behind the goal on Hearts TV.

It wasn't obvious to me at the time that he was throwing himself for a penalty.

7 hours ago, TheGoodLord said:

Halkett was immense on Tuesday night and he has been on several occasions also I think our top goal scorer.  Now being talked up for Scotland set up. Some of the utter crud being spouted on here is pure cringe. He will continue to improve and will be a fantastic signing. 

I appreciate that Halkett has played well recently but its yet another occasion where one of our CBs has gifted a goal to the opposition under little to no pressure. Berra, Halkett, Souttar and Dikamona have all been culpable this season and we are all just a bit fed up with basic defensive errors costing us important goal 

The lack of ability to win a header when defending is concerning, Motherwell won just about everything in the air at the weekend. 

Halkett's original mistake, not redeemed by Bobby, then Halkett gets megged from 12 yards. 

A comedy of errors. 

3 hours ago, flem said:

The lack of ability to win a header when defending is concerning, Motherwell won just about everything in the air at the weekend. 

I thought the criticism of Berra was way over the top . Yes he made more mistakes than previously but my argument was he stopped more goals than he caused . He also won virtually every high ball in the box

Captain Canada

It was totally Halkett's fault. First for the panicked attempted clearance and then again for his body position in letting the ball go through his legs. I know he was running back but he could have turned to face the striker and made himself a bigger obstacle than he did.

I thought Bobby did all he could in forcing the guy out wide a bit. 

Just watched the highlights, jings I thought their goal was bad at the time but feck me what was Halkett doing!! far to lax and Bobby to a lesser extent, if you are going to come out then do so, do not hesitate as it gives the attacker time. Still it was all Halketts doing IMO.

On 07/03/2020 at 21:16, Mikey1874 said:

From where I was sitting it was better than 50/50 for Bobby to get there first. 

He was probably just favourite to get there first but then he had a moment of hesitation.  I just wonder if he had it in his head that if he gets the timing wrong then we are down to 10 men

Lord Beni of Gorgie

No Zlamal fan, but thought retreating was the right thing to do, made it reasonably difficult for the guy, Halkett almost got back into a position to clear his awful error, no one elses.

Diadora Van Basten
On 08/03/2020 at 22:58, Scottie Wanshot. said:

and what about Bobby's save in the 2nd half. Pereira wouldn't even had tried to save it.

I didn’t even realise he saved it until the ref gave corner. Just saw it on Hearts Facebook page and it’s up there with the best saves I have ever seen.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Bobby seems to have the odd rush of blood to the head like lots of goalies, but he's our best shot stopper by a country mile. Can't help but wonder how many points we'd be better off if we hadn't hastily dropped him and then persisted with JP for so long.

Holyrood_Hearts
19 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Bobby seems to have the odd rush of blood to the head like lots of goalies, but he's our best shot stopper by a country mile. Can't help but wonder how many points we'd be better off if we hadn't hastily dropped him and then persisted with JP for so long.

I did a list of goals imo Pereira should’ve done better with (I’m petty that way) & it’s over 15/16 at least if not more 

On 08/03/2020 at 11:08, Shaggy2 said:

Why he didn’t go with his hands I dunno?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, been here before said:

Great save. 

That game summed him up. 

Indecision. 

Dodgy call for a pk, used his feet.. 

Unbelievable save. 

Some strike by the lad tho. 

Hectormasson
On 08/03/2020 at 19:24, Kyle1874 said:

Correct , all of them with a bit of luck.....

Scottie Wanshot.
22 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I didn’t even realise he saved it until the ref gave corner. Just saw it on Hearts Facebook page and it’s up there with the best saves I have ever seen.

😀