Motherwell goal

Diadora Van Basten

Diadora Van Basten

How bad was the Motherwell goal?

i was slagging Ranger for how bad the goal they lost v Hamilton but ours today was worse

Rogue Daddy

Yet again. Individual error... the goal came from absolutely nothing. Halkett pissing  about instead of launching the ball. 🤬🤬🤬

1 minute ago, Jeff said:

Pereira would've been out to meet the ball. Pereira wouldn't have saved Motherwells chance in the 2nd.

Yep

Bazzas right boot

Sums up our season. 

Ridiculous stuff tbh. 

Be pissing myself laughing if it wasn't shit like that that has gotten us in this shite in the first place. 

Their boy finished well tho. 

Combination of Halkett and Zlamal, but mainly Halketts fault. We have signed players who are simply just not good enough for this level.  

Diadora Van Basten

The way I saw it their was a mistake, then another  another mistake, Bobby dived in and sold himself then should have been cleared by defender.

been here before

Halkett could have and should have dealt with it initially. Zlamal also added to it by coming for it but changing his mind. 

Has any other team gifted us a goal like we do to them. I think we have probably have given every team in the league at least one. Embarrasing and it shows mental weakness

8 minutes ago, been here before said:

Halkett could have and should have dealt with it initially. Zlamal also added to it by coming for it but changing his mind. 

This. Halkett’s mistake but he got zero help from Zlamal. 

10 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Really poor defending by Halkett. We are punished for every mistake.

Roll of the dice must go in our favour soon.

I hope so but we’ve been saying that for a good while now. 

Hectormasson
34 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Pereira would've been out to meet the ball. Pereira wouldn't have saved Motherwells chance in the 2nd.

Well ' put pardon no pun intended 🙈🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦👏

Halketts fault all day, should have cleared the ball and not play schoolboy football. 

Bobby may have continued to come out but retreated correctly, (imo) this closed the angle but the guy finished well. 

Bobby would have a "get him dropped post" if he had progressed out past the D and got rounded easily. Imho he chose correctly to retreat. 

The guy cannot win... 

HHGH

Scottie Wanshot.
40 minutes ago, Jeff said:

please dont mention Pereira, he's not fit to wear a Hmfc Jersey.

19 minutes ago, been here before said:

Perfectly summed up.

Bad mistake - followed by a chance to redeem the mistake- blown by indecision.

Halkett had a torrid time dealing with the pace and work rate of Long, particularly in the first half, I do worry about him dealing with any striker of that ilk

Scottie Wanshot.
44 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Jambof3tornado
26 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Halkett completely at fault. He had plenty of time to deal with the ball

Yup  clevid did the hard work in front of us at the touchline and rolled halkett an easy ball to deal with. He failed to deal with it. Bobby could have maybe got to it had he not decided to back pedal but this ones really all on halkett and nobody else.

John Findlay

Halkett for taking to long to pass. Bobby for coming and stopping. Once you start coming, you keep on coming, you never hesitate as that is fatal and it proved to be the case.

Scottie Wanshot.
1 hour ago, Jeff said:

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

From where I was sitting it was better than 50/50 for Bobby to get there first. 

Correct.

Halkett made an arse of himself and Bobby changed his mind about 6 times on his way out to meet the challenge. 

Bobbys starting position is too deep!!

he needs to be out near the edge of his box especially if we are going to play a high line.

he needs to act like a sweeper at times!!

Certainly as a defender you can be judged by your mistakes. The shame about Halkett is, he can actually be good but you can’t keep slipping up like he does. 

It shows you the fine line that exists at the top level. The likes of Webster, Pressley etc... just never made these errors. If they did, it was very rare and you probably couldn’t remember them. 

portobellojambo1
3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

From where I was sitting it was better than 50/50 for Bobby to get there first. 

I concur. Without a doubt the starting point was Halkett taking too long to just play the ball forward but I do think there was an opportunity for Zlamal to get to the ball before the goal was scored.

Halkett's cost us more than a few goals this season, 4 times v Motherwell alone this year. He was decent 2nd half but again at corners he was nowhere near. Will need better Centerhalfs next season, far too many mistakes. 

rudeskaboyuk

my opinion was that Motherwell got the lucky break. The ball somehow seemed to drop almost exactly between goal keeper and striker and as expected the ball favoured the striker who got there first to finish. 

We are pish and unfortunately these are the sort of bad luck breaks we are goings to get until end of the season .

10 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Certainly as a defender you can be judged by your mistakes. The shame about Halkett is, he can actually be good but you can’t keep slipping up like he does. 

It shows you the fine line that exists at the top level. The likes of Webster, Pressley etc... just never made these errors. If they did, it was very rare and you probably couldn’t remember them. 

They were Hearts quality Centerhalfs. Jardine, Levein, McPherson, MacLaren, Weir, even a young Paul Ritchie, Webster, Pressley and Berra pre injury. They probably never had as many **** ups in their career compared to what Halkett has had so far in his. 

19 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Embarrassing that folk think it was Zlamal’s fault.

Aye but Halkett's a guid honest Scottish laddie. :rolleyes: 

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Not really. It can be more than one persons fault, and it was. 

Smoked-Glass
9 hours ago, Jeff said:

Hahaha

Pereria couldn't catch the corona virus. 

Edited by Smoked-Glass

Governor Tarkin
8 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Halkett for taking to long to pass. Bobby for coming and stopping. Once you start coming, you keep on coming, you never hesitate as that is fatal and it proved to be the case.

Correct, John.

Once Bobby had commited himself he had to keep coming.

He redeemed himself with a world-class save later on, though.

From where I was sitting Bobby would’ve got to it had he kept coming out.

But Halkett created the situation. 

Urgh, what a goal to cost 2 points...

Halkett made the initial mistake then Bobby should have came out and dealt with it. Instead (not for the first time) he comes halfway and gets scared and ends up in no mans land. Just come out and take everything!

Every cloud and all that...Halkett clipped Long’s heel (possibly unintentionally) and it was the only time in the game that streak of piss stayed on his feet. I’ve no doubt if Bobby had came out and looked like he was beating Long to the ball then Long would have thrown himself to the ground. Halkett off, probably a loss and down to one fit CH and Michael Smith for Paisley.

Holyrood_Hearts

Haven’t seen it back yet but if Bobby wasn’t going to make it he was right to go back to his box. We couldn’t risk him potentially getting sent off, losing yday & having to play Pereira against St Mirren and losing that as well 

11 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yet again. Individual error... the goal came from absolutely nothing. Halkett pissing  about instead of launching the ball. 🤬🤬🤬

I didn’t see us doing this v Sevco and hibs - and we win.

Halkett launches it and we win 1-0 yesterday.

11 hours ago, NLTFTh said:

Halketts fault all day, should have cleared the ball and not play schoolboy football. 

Bobby may have continued to come out but retreated correctly, (imo) this closed the angle but the guy finished well. 

Bobby would have a "get him dropped post" if he had progressed out past the D and got rounded easily. Imho he chose correctly to retreat. 

The guy cannot win... 

HHGH

7 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

1 hour ago, Brian Dundas said:

Bobby was never getting to the ball before Long, Halkett made an arse of it twice on the whole situation.

I am usually the first to criticise Bobby but that goal was all Halkett. No way was Bobby getting to the ball so he rightfully stopped, I felt he actually did all he could to push the forward wide and make it difficult for him to score

Halket screwed up.  No argument there.

Bobby let us down badly though.  It looked like he was easily going to get there and changed his mind.

He is the last line of defence and yesterday didn't do his job.

Before anyone starts having a go at me, please tell me the last time you saw a goalie head the ball out of his own box!

Unfortunately he is still the best goalie we have!

John mcCartney
9 hours ago, rudeskaboyuk said:

The ball somehow seemed to drop almost exactly between goal keeper and striker and as expected the ball favoured the striker who got there first to finish. 

Had gusty wind(not me personally) out there yesterday funneling thru at that location from the southwest corner.
That might have been a factor in the way the ball held up...It happened second half,at one point the ball looked like it was suspended in the air.

pettigrewsstylist
12 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

How bad was the Motherwell goal?

i was slagging Ranger for how bad the goal they lost v Hamilton but ours today was worse

Bad enough to tell Halkett he is on half wages this week.