Posted Images

2 hours ago, Barack said:

20180601_184444.thumb.jpg.4ad3229f46d4dc7fc9717518215de524.jpg

Just thought it would raise the bar.🤷‍♂️

Thanks for that 😛

That dance in From dusk till dawn 🔥🔥🔥🔥

On another note Walker played ok.

9 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Before the Rangers game he was clearly one of our better performers.

Today he wasn't great, but neither was he a "waste of a jersey".  He done some good things and some bad.  Weird how we look for ways to hammer our players.

Absolutely spot on Bob, this is a player struggling for confidence and not getting much game time, we need to really get behind the boys from now until the end of the season, we absolutely must.

gashauskis9
14 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

Absolute rubbish, anything decent in the second half we created Walker played a part in it. 

This.  

Think a lot of our supporters expect him to be the nippy wee winger he was 5/6 years ago, but he plays a different role now in this squad.  Puts in a tonne of work defensively to support the full backs which seems to go unnoticed.

Edited by Gashauskis9

Governor Tarkin
13 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Boyce, Naismith and Walker all looked a bit disjointed todayi

Don't see the need to rip individual players tbh. 

Agreed, Tosh.

Trust me, after the week he’s had it’s amazing he’s functioning at all. We were far better second half and Walker was involved in the goal and our next best chance. Sporting a cracking cut above his right eye as well. 

Just now, Walrus said:

Think his wife gave birth to their second child yesterday. So congratulations to them. 

Wednesday it was and she’s still in hospital. As I said, the lad has had an unbelievably tough week. 

5 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Wednesday it was and she’s still in hospital. As I said, the lad has had an unbelievably tough week. 

Fair play to him for playing then

Dr Ian Malcolm

We're unbeaten in three games this week, he's had a hand in one of our goals and is no doubt all over the place physically and emotionally after having another bairn in the midst of it all. If there was ever a time to cut him some slack ffs...

indianajones

For the millionth time...

A standard Levein signing. Should never have been brought back given his history. 

He used to be a very good player for us when he was younger. The Jamie Walker of 2013 just doesn’t seem to exist anymore though. Before he left for Wigan he was a complete waste of a locker, but since he’s been back, he has managed to rise above that level. He’d have been hard pushed not to though, because I’ve never disliked a Hearts player as much as I did at that time. Hope he can contribute a bit more by helping to create the odd goal here and there like yesterday. That’s about all I can bring myself to expect from him now, which is sad. He was the genuine article when he was a kid. 

14 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

He played in Naismith for the goal and for Boyce`s chance. 

I find people who keep having a go at him baffling. 

Blinded by their dislike for him from a couple of years ago and just wont say anything positive about the guy regardless of how he plays. He  could score a hat-trick on 11/4 and there would still be some calling him lazy, uninterested etc. 

14 hours ago, sandyseymour said:

Walker is a number 10...i.e. a midfielder who doesn't track back...never a winger even at his best ...lacks pace ..and he's well off his best now 

Check out late on Tuesday night. Hibs might have scored  two if not for our No.10 tracking back and putting in a last ditch tackle but hey ho continue the inaccurate stuff if you like. Says more about you than him tbh.  

1 hour ago, Shaggy2 said:

Trust me, after the week he’s had it’s amazing he’s functioning at all. We were far better second half and Walker was involved in the goal and our next best chance. Sporting a cracking cut above his right eye as well. 

Yep, quite a week for him, probably doesn’t know which day of the week it is. Two decent performances on the park, wife delivers baby, nasty head injury when he put his head in where most wouldn’t have put a boot. Yet some still have a go at him

Scottie Wanshot.
15 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Played a very important part in our goal. Also played Washington in to cross for Naismith's chance. 

agree

He won't be happy starting from the bench and it's always shown in his performance. 

He looks disinterested because he's not interested. He's not alone with that mindset in our current squad though.

He has a decent game once in a blue moon. His perfromance yesterday was nothing short of disgraceful.

If you were ever showing a young player how NOT to play then just show a recording of him.

Only Levein knows why he brought him back.

Having said that though Stendel's signings have hardly been great. Ok Sibbick looks to be half decent and you can't legislate for him getting Grandular Fever however the other two look like a total waste. The only consolation is that they are on short term deals unlike Walker.

I don’t know if he wasn’t trying or wasn’t interested. What I do know is that he wasn’t very good.

Holyrood_Hearts
16 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

Absolute rubbish, anything decent in the second half we created Walker played a part in it. 

This. 

4 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

Puts things in perspective. No wonder he looked a tad lethargic at times yesterday. Fingers crossed his wife makes a full recovery very soon.

bigsuperslim1874

Seriously - where are all these ‘disgraceful performance’ comments coming from?!? Some folk really ARE consumed by the whole fiasco when he left before. It was irritating and disrespectful I agree but he is back and as far as I’m concerned, doing his bit to get us safe.

If he didn’t care then he wouldn’t have contributed to the goal or put himself in a position to get a cracked napper.

This place sometimes.....

:facepalm:

Walker came on as a sub for Clare after 28 minutes I thought right let’s see what you can do with this chance.

Well he was just not up to the the job and he would of been substituted in the second half if I had bee in charge.

Subing a sub would of sent out a message to him and all the subs that will follow.

As an ex-manager I subed a sub because he was not carrying out my instructions, he thought 

he could do as he liked well he got a surprise and from 2-1 down with 10 men we won 4-2.

if Walker thinks he’s come here to see out his days going through the motions he needs a lesson on the standards Stendel demands.

16 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Walker came on as a sub for Clare after 28 minutes I thought right let’s see what you can do with this chance.

Well he was just not up to the the job and he would of been substituted in the second half if I had bee in charge.

Subing a sub would of sent out a message to him and all the subs that will follow.

As an ex-manager I subed a sub because he was not carrying out my instructions, he thought 

he could do as he liked well he got a surprise and from 2-1 down with 10 men we won 4-2.

if Walker thinks he’s come here to see out his days going through the motions he needs a lesson on the standards Stendel demands.

Was that Melchester Rovers you were boss of? Think I remember that match. 

The Real Maroonblood
8 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

A tough week.

:rofl:

20 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

A tough week.

:rofl:

I’ve deliberately not gone into detail about how tough it really was. Laugh away.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Shaggy2 said:

I’ve deliberately not gone into detail about how tough it really was. Laugh away.

If there were complications I apologise. 

RustyRightPeg
6 hours ago, wavydavy said:

He has a decent game once in a blue moon. His perfromance yesterday was nothing short of disgraceful.

If you were ever showing a young player how NOT to play then just show a recording of him.

Only Levein knows why he brought him back.

Having said that though Stendel's signings have hardly been great. Ok Sibbick looks to be half decent and you can't legislate for him getting Grandular Fever however the other two look like a total waste. The only consolation is that they are on short term deals unlike Walker.

I've ripped into Levein enough, and quite frankly I'm sick of doing it, but I was delighted when he came back. 

Are you forgetting the performances he put in for us to get his move in the first place?

He was having a very very good game the night he broke his leg away at Motherwell and its been stop start for him since he came back. If Clare is injured, maybe a run of games will do him the world of good rather than playing 20 minutes one week, 15 the other and so on.

This lad ,when on form can transform any game , we are yet to get the best of him ? injures/personal stuff going right now , ffs if there is one person out of the current squad ,who deserves a chance, it’s Walker , even I ,who thought,I will never get THAT wink out of my head can see the lad is a Hearts 👍

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

If there were complications I apologise. 

There were and no worries. 👍

4 hours ago, mitch41 said:

He seemed to have a big part in our goal, playing a pass to Naismith that few others could have executed so gently and then played a pass to Washington from which Naismith should have scored. Having a player that does not seem to suffer from anxiety/can keep a cool head might be useful in the run in.

6 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I've ripped into Levein enough, and quite frankly I'm sick of doing it, but I was delighted when he came back. 

Are you forgetting the performances he put in for us to get his move in the first place?

He was having a very very good game the night he broke his leg away at Motherwell and its been stop start for him since he came back. If Clare is injured, maybe a run of games will do him the world of good rather than playing 20 minutes one week, 15 the other and so on.

He had a few decent performances when there was talk of him going to Rangers but for me he just doesn't do enough on a regular basis to justify selection.

I know players can benefit from regular games however Stendel is watching him every day in training and doesn;t think he is good enough to start games at the moment.

He was given a three year deal after having had a less than impressive stint at Wigan and a loan at Peterborough.

He hasn't got the legs to play the style Stendel wants and his body language is dreadful most of the time.

Ernie Eskilsson
On 08/03/2020 at 01:13, Debut 4 said:

Need far more from him. It’s a time for leaders with quality, not sure he’s a leader. 

Naismith is getting pelters for a late missed chance but you know you’re getting blood, sweat and snotters from him at least. 

Blood and sweat isn’t enough, he’s missed sitters against Hamilton, Rangers, Hibs and Motherwell. He seems to have lost his composure and right now we need him to find it again and fast.

Scottie Wanshot.
On 07/03/2020 at 21:30, brux said:

Was it not walker who passed the ball through to Naismith for the goal?

yes it was. get off walkers back

Undoubtedly he has ability. Unfortunately he is slow and doesn't seem up for it anymore. Shame, a talent wasted. He does work to cover the full back it must be said, something we sometimes lack.

Edited by Cynic

2 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

get off walkers back

This! ... the last thing he needs is a more hunched back.

1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

This! ... the last thing he needs is a more hunched back.

:lol: 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Cynic said:

Undoubtedly he has ability. Unfortunately he is slow and doesn't seem up for it anymore. Shame, a talent wasted. He does work to cover the full back it must be said, something we sometimes lack.

This is shite tbh. 

Walker runs back just fine. 

He is not lazy in any way at all. 

scott herbertson
19 hours ago, wavydavy said:

He had a few decent performances when there was talk of him going to Rangers but for me he just doesn't do enough on a regular basis to justify selection.

I know players can benefit from regular games however Stendel is watching him every day in training and doesn;t think he is good enough to start games at the moment.

He was given a three year deal after having had a less than impressive stint at Wigan and a loan at Peterborough.

He hasn't got the legs to play the style Stendel wants and his body language is dreadful most of the time.

I'm a big fan of his as a player. he hasn't produced much this year to date but he has a bit of class and the ability to create and finish chances.

re what you say

a) Stendel, having seen him in training had him on the bench and brought him on as a sub. He obviously thinks more of him than many of our supporters do

b) his body language has always been dreadful. He slouches his shoulders and has a hangdog look about him. He's been doing that since day 1 though and I think that's they way he always is. I think it has nothing to do with his attitude or application. Levein and Stendel would never have selected him more than once if he had an attitude problem. Paulo Sergio didn't think so either.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/jamie-walker-doesnt-attitude-problem-16477385

pettigrewsstylist

I know he wont chuck this relegation battle till its over.

Theres a few in that squad i wouldnt be able to say that about with confidence.

3 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

I'm a big fan of his as a player. he hasn't produced much this year to date but he has a bit of class and the ability to create and finish chances.

re what you say

a) Stendel, having seen him in training had him on the bench and brought him on as a sub. He obviously thinks more of him than many of our supporters do

b) his body language has always been dreadful. He slouches his shoulders and has a hangdog look about him. He's been doing that since day 1 though and I think that's they way he always is. I think it has nothing to do with his attitude or application. Levein and Stendel would never have selected him more than once if he had an attitude problem. Paulo Sergio didn't think so either.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/jamie-walker-doesnt-attitude-problem-16477385

I actually said he hadn't impressed Stendel enough for him to start.

Oh well maybe he will prove me wrong about him and score the winner against St Mirren.

scott herbertson
7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I actually said he hadn't impressed Stendel enough for him to start.

Oh well maybe he will prove me wrong about him and score the winner against St Mirren.

I got that - I just meant Stendel rates him enough to have him in the 16 so it is unlikely he is showing a bad attitude or poor physical attributes in training. More that he just isn't fit/good enough to get in the first 11