Marcel Langer

Suso Santana

59 minutes ago, Locky said:

Donis was playing for a decent Turkish side, and once rated one of the best prospects in Europe. 

Langer was rated at Schalke, a decent Bundesliga side. 

Both were given short term deals. Bad signings, or lads who've come into a struggling squad, in a league and country they've no experience of, in the midst of a relegation battle therefore struggling to fit in quickly?

Exactly. Langer got more than enough ability in his locker to come good, he just needs to get up to speed with fitness and understanding how the games played here. As for Donis, this is probably the lowest level he's played at in his senior career. Clearly more than good enough. They just need time. 

36 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Exactly. Langer got more than enough ability in his locker to come good, he just needs to get up to speed with fitness and understanding how the games played here. As for Donis, this is probably the lowest level he's played at in his senior career. Clearly more than good enough. They just need time. 

How much more time do you reckon they need?

Time may not be our side.

6 hours ago, allanwilson1970 said:

He is rank rotten. Probably worse player I have seen in 20 years at our club. Will never be a player. Donis also looks hopeless.  If we are to judge or manager by the signings then we are in deep trouble.  Why Irvine or Cochrane are not getting near the team I don’t get it if we need a 3rd midfielder.  Langer would not get a game in my five a side team he’s that bad. 

Raver alert!

Just now, JamboAl said:

How much more time do you reckon they need?

Time may not be our side.

It's hard to throw them in at the moment. DS needs guys that he can trust and after experimenting with different players it seems he now has a more settled XI. 

He played Damour early doors when he came in as manager, then it was pretty apparent Damour wasn't fit enough so took him out. Now after a bit of coaching he's come back in fitter and better for it. 

Perhaps he's doing the same with Langer who hasn't looked near fit enough. 

Donis has looked miles off the pace but with Walker's last two appearances being pretty shit, I can see Donis taking his place on the bench soon.

These guys can't be bad players. Stendel knows his onions. 

I personally think he signed them in mind for next season to bed them in but the contracts were based on a potential relegation situation. 

6 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Raver alert!

Some folks minds are amazing. 

You've got Donis who has played in the German Bundesliga, Austrian Bundesliga, Eredivisie, Turkish Superliga1, Europa League and at International level but Harry Cochrane that couldn't get a seat on the bench at Dunfermline is clearly a better option.

:Aye:

13 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

You've got Donis who has played in the German Bundesliga, Austrian Bundesliga, Eredivisie, Turkish Superliga1, Europa League and at International level but Harry Cochrane that couldn't get a seat on the bench at Dunfermline is clearly a better option.

I’ll put it down to some people drinking on an empty head. It can be the only excuse.

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

See your point. Harsh on harry tho, who i hope still has time on his side. Different positions anyway.

You cant help but wonder what the script is though. When he broke through he had ability, bite and a bit swagger. I actually think he'd thrive in a stendal team. I hope its maybe just a case of DS having other plans given its a relegation battle.

13 hours ago, allanwilson1970 said:

He is rank rotten. Probably worse player I have seen in 20 years at our club. Will never be a player. Donis also looks hopeless.  If we are to judge or manager by the signings then we are in deep trouble.  Why Irvine or Cochrane are not getting near the team I don’t get it if we need a 3rd midfielder.  Langer would not get a game in my five a side team he’s that bad. 

How many times have you watched them? 

RustyRightPeg
7 hours ago, Alan_R said:

See your point. Harsh on harry tho, who i hope still has time on his side. Different positions anyway.

You cant help but wonder what the script is though. When he broke through he had ability, bite and a bit swagger. I actually think he'd thrive in a stendal team. I hope its maybe just a case of DS having other plans given its a relegation battle.

Harry hasn't developed physically as Hearts had hoped, hence the stagnation in his progress. He's been put through various diets and strength and conditioning courses without much pay off yet. 

Stevie Crawford was frustrated when he was at Dunfermline as he is/was head and shoulders above everyone at that level on the ball, but as is generally the case in Scottish football, there's a couple of hatchet men in each team who took shots at leaving one or two hits on him...

10 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The difference is they are on short term deals - Levein would have given them a 4 year contract!

No the difference is we haven’t seen enough of either of them to say they are terrible signings.

3 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

No the difference is we haven’t seen enough of either of them to say they are terrible signings.

Agreed

3 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Harry hasn't developed physically as Hearts had hoped, hence the stagnation in his progress. He's been put through various diets and strength and conditioning courses without much pay off yet. 

Stevie Crawford was frustrated when he was at Dunfermline as he is/was head and shoulders above everyone at that level on the ball, but as is generally the case in Scottish football, there's a couple of hatchet men in each team who took shots at leaving one or two hits on him...

No offence to you mate but I don't believe this. What are they trying to turn him into, the hulk? If he was good enough on ability alone he would have played more games. He's bigger than Hickey and McDonald and they've played more games in the last season or two. 

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

No offence to you mate but I don't believe this. What are they trying to turn him into, the hulk? If he was good enough on ability alone he would have played more games. He's bigger than Hickey and McDonald and they've played more games in the last season or two. 

He doesn't need to be the hulk bud. If you cast your brain back to when he was in the side, how many times did he look like he was running in quicksand towards the hour mark of games, almost all the time. Yes he stuck his foot in, but he was also a target for the opposition (see Scott Brown for example). Let's not forget that he was only 16 at the time he played most for us, the physical demand was such that he was taken out the team to protect him.

Add to that, that Stevie is a family friend and CL told him personally what the plan was, I'm not quite sure I'd go to the lengths of making up a story based on his diet...

He was on cloud 9, confidence at a high and then was taken out the limelight and told he needed to bulk up, fair to say his confidence isn't what it was a year or two ago. 

Hickey is just better than him IMO, his positional sense is that good at times that he doesn't need to tackle and he's good enough on the ball to not get caught by others looking to stick one on him.

4 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He doesn't need to be the hulk bud. If you cast your brain back to when he was in the side, how many times did he look like he was running in quicksand towards the hour mark of games, almost all the time. Yes he stuck his foot in, but he was also a target for the opposition (see Scott Brown for example). Let's not forget that he was only 16 at the time he played most for us, the physical demand was such that he was taken out the team to protect him.

Add to that, that Stevie is a family friend and CL told him personally what the plan was, I'm not quite sure I'd go to the lengths of making up a story based on his diet...

He was on cloud 9, confidence at a high and then was taken out the limelight and told he needed to bulk up, fair to say his confidence isn't what it was a year or two ago. 

Hickey is just better than him IMO, his positional sense is that good at times that he doesn't need to tackle and he's good enough on the ball to not get caught by others looking to stick one on him.

Fair enough. I never thought you made it up tbh mate , I just can't comprehend that that is the reason why he's not featured for the past two seasons, even off the bench. 

I get that he wasn't physically there yet, as you say he looked to tire quite quickly and that is understandable at 16/17 but he could cope playing 20-30 minutes. I can't understand why they decided to bomb him out of the first team completely for that reason alone. That just doesn’t seem right. 

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Fair enough. I never thought you made it up tbh mate , I just can't comprehend that that is the reason why he's not featured for the past two seasons, even off the bench. 

I get that he wasn't physically there yet, as you say he looked to tire quite quickly and that is understandable at 16/17 but he could cope playing 20-30 minutes. I can't understand why they decided to bomb him out of the first team completely for that reason alone. That just doesn’t seem right. 

Personally, from my perspective, I'm sure Stendel will think he's good enough. I just think he knows in his head he needs legs and experience in the middle of the park considering the predicament we're in.

Next season could be his time to shine, I hope anyway. 

jamboinglasgow
14 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

JiG not there today as abroad but you know SFA about football as has been proven over and over again.

No probs. Love you man 🥰

Rogue Daddy
19 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Defo... clearly players with ability.  I get it can take a bit of time to get up to speed in Scottish football, but on the limited game time I’ve seen both on the pitch, they seem to play ‘one touch’. Dunno if they’re ahead of us on technical ability (is that fair), and we’re (almost) trying to bring them down to our level?.... they’re definitely not crap. Hopefully they can still play a successful part before the end of the season. 

On 07/03/2020 at 19:39, Jean Louis Valois said:

Am I the only one who thinks Boyce has been poor. He didn't look interested today

Don't think he has got over his tonsillitis to be fair to him. Will be an asset I am certain.

gordiegords

Boyce has disappointed me, i know he was ill right enough and we may well not being him in the right position, was he out wider left yesterday? he's a penalty box man surely, also i sigh when i see naismith fall back to a midfield role, got high hopes for boyce and sibbick but the other two, not for me, yet.

jack D and coke

He’s looked murder the times I’ve seen him so far. 
Ive been wrong though in the past. 
Wont completely write him off. 
Yet. 

Sadly it is not flair or even quality required from this point on. It is fighters. I fear Hamilton and St Mirren hold these trump cards.

Our manager had never even heard of St Mirren and Hamilton until 4 months ago and is just slowly learning about our league. This is how I fear we will go down, this is no time to be learning. 

Bad Religion
27 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Our manager had never even heard of St Mirren and Hamilton until 4 months ago and is just slowly learning about our league. This is how I fear we will go down, this is no time to be learning. 

Drama queen alert! :rofl:

Having to learn about St Mirren and Hamilton #prayfordaniel 

41 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It's definitely a time to be learning.

9 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

Drama queen alert! :rofl:

Having to learn about St Mirren and Hamilton #prayfordaniel 

I'm not sure drama queen is right when we are bottom with not many games left.

10 hours ago, GinRummy said:

It's definitely a time to be learning.

3 managers and teams in the digfight and the other 2 are seasoned campaigners when it comes to SPL dog fights.

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

I'm not sure drama queen is right when we are bottom with not many games left.

There are fans who will demand a Budge statue after we get relegated.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

3 managers and teams in the digfight and the other 2 are seasoned campaigners when it comes to SPL dog fights.

No point whining about it now. Hopefully he learns enough to see us through. There are 4 sides in the fight btw. 

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Think there’s four in reality 

alwaysthereinspirit
6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

There are fans who will demand a Budge statue after we get relegated.

Not a single fan will demand a Budge statue if we go down.

Niemi’s gloves
7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Think there’s four in reality 

yes, Ross County also involved. And I wouldn’t completely rule out Kilmarnock. Their form was horrendous either side of the January break and although they had a run of 3 league wins in early Feb, they seem to be reverting to poor. In fact, but for their record against us, Killie would already  be clear relegation candidates.

On 08/03/2020 at 14:18, Cruyff said:

They have been trying to bulk him up for over a year. He grows up the way but not out the way which means he is even more lightweight than he was before. His speed across the ground has not improved either. Not sure if he just doesn’t have it, muscles not developing or what but at 18/19 he still has time. 

On 08/03/2020 at 14:46, Cruyff said:

For most of last season he had a list of continual injuries, mostly to do with growing issues. Don’t know what happened this season at Pars but wasn’t impressive enough to become a starter and didn’t stand out in reserve games with us. Been a bit better recently but in last couple I have watched Langer was more effective than Cochrane

35 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Imo, 3.

Entitled to it but with Ross County to play us, St. Mirren and Hamilton home and away in their last 9 games they are clearly in it. Who are the other two in your three? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think a misjudgment on DS part. 

Still learning the League hopefully makes better judgements with time on his side 

Hectormasson
23 hours ago, gordiegords said:

Boyce has disappointed me, i know he was ill right enough and we may well not being him in the right position, was he out wider left yesterday? he's a penalty box man surely, also i sigh when i see naismith fall back to a midfield role, got high hopes for boyce and sibbick but the other two, not for me, yet.

Will boycey start on wed ?  

On 08/03/2020 at 01:29, Cruyff said:

It's hard to throw them in at the moment. DS needs guys that he can trust and after experimenting with different players it seems he now has a more settled XI. 

He played Damour early doors when he came in as manager, then it was pretty apparent Damour wasn't fit enough so took him out. Now after a bit of coaching he's come back in fitter and better for it. 

Perhaps he's doing the same with Langer who hasn't looked near fit enough. 

Donis has looked miles off the pace but with Walker's last two appearances being pretty shit, I can see Donis taking his place on the bench soon.

These guys can't be bad players. Stendel knows his onions. 

I personally think he signed them in mind for next season to bed them in but the contracts were based on a potential relegation situation. 

You make a good point here and maybe we expected too much too soon,  However, I was hoping we had signed someone who could hit the ground running in view of our situation rather than someone who needs time.

gordiegords
12 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

Will boycey start on wed ?  

I’ve no idea 🤷🏽‍♂️