9 games left.

Suso Santana

Saturdays result wasn’t a bad one. We were never going to win every remaining game and a point against a decent Motherwell side is a good point.

We need to win on Wednesday though. Three points and the league table looks a lot better from out point of view.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Fozzyonthefence

• GinRummy

• Scottie Wanshot.

TheGoodLord
On 07/03/2020 at 19:23, Jamboelite said:

Our form has got better recently and others form is dropping, i hope that continues and believe if it does we will scrap out of it.

...and yet we’re still clear bottom how does that figure?

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 minutes ago, TheGoodLord said:

Yeah but we've closed on ross county and st lie down ! Hamilton's last couple of results have been a slap In the face 

10 minutes ago, heisenberg86 said:

Does anyone have any idea what the post split fixtures are likely to be? 3 home games or two? 

Hearts should push for 5 away games, we can’t win at tynie. 

heisenberg86
56 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

5 games at Easter Road please 😂

11 minutes ago, heisenberg86 said:

Does anyone have any idea what the post split fixtures are likely to be? 3 home games or two? 

Until the teams are confirmed, we won’t know. Could still be playing Hibs again and that would be at home.

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Yeah but we've closed on ross county and st lie down ! Hamilton's last couple of results have been a slap In the face 

Their plastic pitch is a great leveller. 

1 hour ago, TheGoodLord said:

Because Ross County are in free fall and we have a game in hand when others have played, so while we are 3 behind St Mirren we have form that suggests when we have played equal games we should be in a better position.

Edited by Jamboelite

Selkirkhmfc1874
14 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Wasn't plastic pitch at ibrox

tynie_legend

We have taken 5 points in our last 3 league games.  If we can average than in our next 9 games and get another 15 points, that will be enough to finish 11th at the very least  looking at points totals in last 3 - 4 seasons.

Scottie Wanshot.
13 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

Hearts really need to win against st midden and livi,  that happens and we will be ok "     anything less than 4 points I think we are in trouble,     it's about time we pulled ourselves out the shit starting wednesday......

😀

TheGoodLord
3 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

Because Ross County are in free fall and we have a game in hand when others have played, so while we are 3 behind St Mirren we have form that suggests when we have played equal games we should be in a better position.

Free fall?
Ross Country's last 4 league games = 2 losses, 1 win and 1 draw

Hearts last 4 league games = 1 loss, 2 draws and 1 win 

So we’re 1 point better than being in free fall. 

I accept our form is slowly improving but not at a rate which is gaining enough points on our rivals, we’re getting into needing a run of wins territory very soon. The post split games will be an utter dog fight and doesn’t favour the bottom team. What a massive lift a win on Wednesday night would give us all. 

6 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Saturdays result wasn’t a bad one. We were never going to win every remaining game and a point against a decent Motherwell side is a good point.

We need to win on Wednesday though. Three points and the league table looks a lot better from out point of view.

The only thing that stopped it being a good point was Hamilton scoring a last minute penalty! 🙈

4 hours ago, jr ewing said:

A massive advantage to Hamilton year in year out! 😏

25 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The only thing that stopped it being a good point was Hamilton scoring a last minute penalty! 🙈

There was nothing we could do about that though. 

2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

There was nothing we could do about that though. 

Yes I know surprise results for Hamilton and St Mirren have been killing us!

Hopefully our luck changes.

Edited by Thomaso

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Yes I know surprise results for Hamilton and St Mirren have been killing us!

Hopefully our lunch changes.

KFC instead of Nando’s? :D

3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

KFC instead of Nando’s? :D

😂🙈

On 07/03/2020 at 21:10, Thommo414 said:

Admittedly I wasn’t confident before the last Hamilton game as I still thought Bombscare Pereira would be in goal. Didn’t help either that their first that day was clearly offside for all except the wheatfield linesman to see.

Hamilton’s win at Ibrox, impressive as it may have been, isn’t really relevant, the point could easily be made that we’ve won at Easter Road and they haven’t?

As you say though, what’s costing us isn’t a shite squad, it’s mistakes from key players at crucial times. If Naismith, Boyce or indeed Washington at some points today had actually had an ounce of composure in them, the game could’ve easily been 3/4-1 in our favour...or 0 if you apply that to Halkett as well. 

Win at St Mirren and we move off the foot of the table without the bottom side playing a day later, and being within touching distance of 10th place 

Hamilton’s win at Ibrox “isn’t really relevant”??? It was massive for them, a huge surprise and could be the 3 points that keep them up!

Dusk_Till_Dawn

We haven’t improved enough under Stendel. That’s not to say we won’t stay up but if we do, it’ll purely down to the state of the dross around us at the bottom of the league.

My gut feeling is that we’ll beat St Mirren but if we don’t, I won’t be at all surprised. One of our biggest games in ages.

15 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

We haven’t improved enough under Stendel. That’s not to say we won’t stay up but if we do, it’ll purely down to the state of the dross around us at the bottom of the league.

My gut feeling is that we’ll beat St Mirren but if we don’t, I won’t be at all surprised. One of our biggest games in ages.

Nah, that’s just total shite. If we stay up it’s because the teams around us are shite but if we go down it’s down to us? Surely reading that back sounds as daft to you as it does to me. It’s pure hibsnet chat. 

alwaysthereinspirit

7 points from the next possible 9 please. Aberdeen a tough one to call.

And then the real cut throat $#!t starts. Hopefully 4 teams in the mix by the split.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
17 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Nah, that’s just total shite. If we stay up it’s because the teams around us are shite but if we go down it’s down to us? Surely reading that back sounds as daft to you as it does to me. It’s pure hibsnet chat. 

Look son, we’ve played 29 games. We have 23 points. That we’re even in touch is a fecking miracle. If we stay up then we should be thanking our lucky stars.

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Look son, we’ve played 29 games. We have 23 points. That we’re even in touch is a fecking miracle. If we stay up then we should be thanking our lucky stars.

Thanks for the ‘son’, I’m young at heart. Stop deflecting  and admit you’re wrong. You can’t blame everyone at the club for going down but give them no credit for staying up. It’s just gibberish. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Thanks for the ‘son’, I’m young at heart. Stop deflecting  and admit you’re wrong. You can’t blame everyone at the club for going down but give them no credit for staying up. It’s just gibberish. 

I’ll be giving Stendel plenty of credit if we stay up. The players? No, because this season has been a disgrace. And as for Levein and Budge...there’s the door

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’ll be giving Stendel plenty of credit if we stay up. The players? No, because this season has been a disgrace. And as for Levein and Budge...there’s the door

Seems fair(ish).

Hectormasson
10 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Weve not won out of edinburgh in league !

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, GinRummy said:

Seems fair(ish).

I think if we’re giving the players credit it will be the best example of how this club has managed a decline in our expectations. I’d like to see 90% of them leave in the summer

2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Hamilton’s win at Ibrox “isn’t really relevant”??? It was massive for them, a huge surprise and could be the 3 points that keep them up!

Indeed , every game that's played that has us, Hamilton , st midden and R C involved will effect the relegation outcome , we still have it in our own hands to get out of this mess but if we don't get the results we need(enough points no team can catch us) it will be important how the results go with them. I'll be there on Wednesday night to cheer the famous but imo this is now a must win and deffo not a defeat ! a 6 point gap between us and 11th is just unthinkable at this stage in the season, yes we have been saying this in previous games but the games are running out. I'm confident we can do this .cmon the j’ts

Edited by One five

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I think if we’re giving the players credit it will be the best example of how this club has managed a decline in our expectations. I’d like to see 90% of them leave in the summer

I certainly think a lot of changes will happen in the summer regardless of where we end up or who the manager is. The damage caused by levein will get sorted. A few contracts up in the summer, McLean, Moore, Henderson, Brandon, Avdijaj are the ones I remember but there are loads more.

2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Poorly worded on my part but I was trying and failing to be concise. Is the fact that they won against that team at that stadium, which we can’t, relevant? No. Picking up points no matter who the opposition or wherever the venue is the key point. That, was what I was trying to put across

1 hour ago, One five said:

Indeed , every game that's played that has us, Hamilton , st midden and R C involved will effect the relegation outcome , we still have it in our own hands to get out of this mess but if we don't get the results we need(enough points no team can catch us) it will be important how the results go with them. I'll be there on Wednesday night to cheer the famous but imo this is now a must win and deffo not a defeat ! a 6 point gap between us and 11th is just unthinkable at this stage in the season, yes we have been saying this in previous games but the games are running out. I'm confident we can do this .cmon the j’ts

4 point gap from 11th if St Mirren win, they’d overtake Hamilton in 10th

5 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

4 point gap from 11th if St Mirren win, they’d overtake Hamilton in 10th

Apologies , correct still unthinkable at this stage of the season.

1 minute ago, One five said:

Apologies , correct still unthinkable at this stage of the season.

Aye it’s shite either way, don’t get me wrong. Would be 6 points off total safety though which should be the aim anyway

1 minute ago, Thommo414 said:

Aye it’s shite either way, don’t get me wrong. Would be 6 points off total safety though which should be the aim anyway

Indeed bud, we can do it 🙏

Pasquale for King
12 hours ago, heisenberg86 said:

It should be three home games, even it’s Killie they have nothing to play for and would need to come here again, considering their record let’s hope it’s Hibs. Here’s also hoping we’re allowed in to watch.

Edited by Pasquale for King

12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It should be three home games, even it’s Killie they have nothing to play for and would need to come here again, considering their record let’s hope it’s Hibs. Here’s also hoping we’re allowed in to watch.

I have this fear that one way or another we will get stitched up with 3 away and 2 at home! 🙈

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I have this fear that one way or another we will get stitched up with 3 away and 2 at home! 🙈

Yeah it wouldn’t surprise me either.

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Agreed.

jack D and coke
On 07/03/2020 at 22:18, hearts00 said:

to a point. But let’s face it Stendel is not on the pitch throwing the ball in the net or making basic errors as a CH or missing easy chances as a striker. 

Stendel has got a lot right so far and some wrong clearly. But we are bottom because the players have let us down very very badly through more individual errors than I can ever remember supporting Hearts. 

Got to agree. It just seems such basic errors everytime we lose a goal. 
That will end up deciding our fate. 
I never know what expect each game tbh. The ones who are STILL confident we’re staying up I have no idea where that confidence comes from. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Well said. 

3 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

We've not won out of Edinburgh in the league !

We could put blinkers or blindfolds on them.  Tell them we're just stopping off at the shops.

Seriously though.  It's coming soon hopefully, before the seasons out.  Wednesday hopefully!

Hectormasson
5 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

We could put blinkers or blindfolds on them.  Tell them we're just stopping off at the shops.

Seriously though.  It's coming soon hopefully, before the seasons out.  Wednesday hopefully!

Surely wednesday 3points 🇱🇻🇱🇻🙈

10 hours ago, GinRummy said:

It’s almost as if bitterness is more important than improvement.

42 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

It’s almost as if bitterness is more important than improvement.

It's a frustrating time for everyone tbf. My guess is, with two tricky away games coming up, things will get even worse short term. Ross County at home will end up being a make or break game.

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

It's a frustrating time for everyone tbf. My guess is, with two tricky away games coming up, things will get even worse short term. Ross County at home will end up being a make or break game.

It may be too late by then.