9 games left.

Suso Santana

3 hours ago, Gabriel said:

Still think Stendel hasn’t formulated a system/side that can win SPL games when we enjoy the majority of possession. Given that most of the remaining matches fall into that category, it remains a concern.

to a point. But let’s face it Stendel is not on the pitch throwing the ball in the net or making basic errors as a CH or missing easy chances as a striker. 

Stendel has got a lot right so far and some wrong clearly. But we are bottom because the players have let us down very very badly through more individual errors than I can ever remember supporting Hearts. 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Fozzyonthefence

• GinRummy

• Scottie Wanshot.

Mr Brightside
4 hours ago, jambo1975 said:

When not if we go down I hope there is some kind of get out clause to avoid my £11 per month being paid back to Budge. She should be ashamed to take our money 

What are you on about?

Firstly you think we definitely will go down, get a grip still lots of points up for grap. Secondly Budge has fully been repaid and Thirdly you can stop your direct debit anytime you want.

4 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

Our form has got better recently and others form is dropping, i hope that continues and believe if it does we will scrap out of it.

Hamilton’s form is certainly not dropping, and neither is St Mirren’s despite an expected thrashing at Celtic!

Austin MacGlee
45 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

What are you on about?

Firstly you think we definitely will go down, get a grip still lots of points up for grap. Secondly Budge has fully been repaid and Thirdly you can stop your direct debit anytime you want.

This x1,000,000

5 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

We cant defend cross balls, but were lucky today that Motherwell never scored from the crosses coming in.

Jesus christ they had one chance from a header the whole game... 

1 hour ago, Mr Brightside said:

What are you on about?

Now , now how dare you point out things abd detract from a major drama queen post

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, Mr Brightside said:

What are you on about?

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Exactly 👍🏼

I’m confident we’ll be alright. I think we’re on a decent wee run and I fancy us against st mirren. 

mon the famous. 

7 hours ago, Gabriel said:

Still think Stendel hasn’t formulated a system/side that can win SPL games when we enjoy the majority of possession. Given that most of the remaining matches fall into that category, it remains a concern.

Well maybe we should let the other team have the majority of possession then 🤪

I think you’re confusing our amount of possession with other teams desire to park the bus.

1 hour ago, Irufushi said:

I’m confident we’ll be alright. I think we’re on a decent wee run and I fancy us against st mirren. 

mon the famous. 

No danger hearts get relegated this season.  9th and the Cup final.

10 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

👌 Thats the spirit.

OmiyaHearts

We do have to win in Paisley. But when we don't, we can just move the 'must win' on to the next game.

That's what everyone has been doing since Stendel joined.

We've ran out of must win games. Playoffs is our only way of getting out of this 

12 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Today wasn't a disaster, Motherwell are  a decent side and still in 3rd place. I would say it is a half decent point for us? Put it this way a few weeks ago we probably would have lost this match IMO, If anything today shows that we are still fighting,  Although having said that it does now make Wednesday even more important, Must treat it like a cup final and go all out to win.

Anoyingly Hamilton are so good in these situations i can actually see them getting clear of the relegation zone over the next few games.

I still feel confident we will stay up though, Being unbeaten in last 4 with 2 wins and 2 draws is not relegation form, As long as we keep it up.

Hopefully the buns will do us a turn and win tomorrow against county! They look to be in freefall at the moment, i feel we have more chance catching them and st mirren than hamilton.

Prediction for wed is St mirren 0 - 2 Hearts.

HHGH :flag1:

St.Mirren and Ross County are the teams we should be aiming to finish above. Hamilton are escape experts as recent results have shown. Both of the above are on  downward trends results wise esp Ross County. 

Clerry Jambo

We can’t let the gap get any bigger before the split. Should get 3 home games after split. I do think though we could do with a win on Wednesday which could bring 4 teams into the mix

Edited by Clerry Jambo

JamboAndrew

Beast St Midden, Ross County lose to The Deidclub and we are 3pts from 9th and have a superior goal difference over Ross County.

St Midden aren't as poor as usual, but we need this, and can do it.

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Redhelen said:

Hibs have to beat Hamilton if they want to stay top 6 so that's a plus surely? 

I’m sure their fans would much rather we got relegated. 

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’m sure their fans would much rather we got relegated. 

I'm sure Ross would rather the top 6 finish and to beat you in the semi.

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

I'm sure Ross would rather the top 6 finish and to beat you in the semi.

The league game v Hibs was more important for us, the semi is more important for them (if it happens). Their fans won’t be that bothered about top 6 and would much rather we got relegated, especially if they were in the bottom 6 and were the team to actually officially relegate us.  I’d imagine their players will be more professional than that but it’s not looking like it at the moment!

What’s happened to your team - looked like you had a mini revival going, but too late now?

Scottie Wanshot.
9 hours ago, sadj said:

you must have been at another game, nearly every cross that came in Motherwell got.

23 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The league game v Hibs was more important for us, the semi is more important for them (if it happens). Their fans won’t be that bothered about top 6 and would much rather we got relegated, especially if they were in the bottom 6 and were the team to actually officially relegate us.  I’d imagine their players will be more professional than that but it’s not looking like it at the moment!

What’s happened to your team - looked like you had a mini revival going, but too late 

We did have a run of 3 wins, two against poor sides and one against 3rd but unfortunately its petered out and the teams around us are picking up points. Back to bottom, but I thought we'd be relegated after the must win Charlton game. Struber likes his diamond, is playing our 2 best players out of position and players that would flourish on the wing obviously arent able to. I think he will be here next season, I'm worried about which of the players will be!

132goals1958
2 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

We can’t let the gap get any bigger before the split. Should get 3 home games after split. I do think though we could do with a win on Wednesday which could bring 4 teams into the mix

Somehow we have to buck the trend with 3 away games (outwith Edinburgh). in the next four fixtures. St Mirren is huge as it would take us above them and back to within a point on Hamilton.

17 hours ago, His name is said:

St Mirren (A) 

Livingston (A) 

Ross Co (H) 

Aberdeen (A) 

Hamilton 

St Mirren

Ross Co

2 from

Killie / St Johnstone / Hibs / Livi

I would love to see us win on Wednesday. Its 50/50 the way we're playing. We look a bit more solid so fingers crossed we can get the 3 points.

Ross Co look like they're getting dragged back into it. 

Might even come down to goal difference. We're currently -20 along with Hamilton. St Mirren -18. Ross Co -30.

If they lose today then yes I would agree and we have to beat them and then they are right in the mix.

15 hours ago, amadjambo said:

Still fancy us to stay up, but time is running out.

At least 8 points from 4 games before the split and I think we’ll be fine. But it’s going to be very close.

If we lose on Wednesday I fear the air might come out of our tyres.

We'll stay up... But maybe not 

We'll be OK... But we might not be

That's the sort of indecision that's costing us games and points! This is no time for Soyboys, we need confidence, confidence, confidence. 

davemclaren
5 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

We do have to win in Paisley. But when we don't, we can just move the 'must win' on to the next game.

That's what everyone has been doing since Stendel joined.

We've ran out of must win games. Playoffs is our only way of getting out of this 

Maybe. 😄

Captain Canada

One of the many annoying things about this season is we've actually lost 1 game fewer than the teams directly above us. 

Our inability to turn draws into wins could cost us dearly. The game in Perth, Aberdeen at home,  Hamilton at home and again yesterday are all good examples where we could and should have won. 

Assuming bottom 6 stays as it is going into the split.

St Mirren (A) - D

Livi (A) - D 

County (H) - W

Aberdeen (A) - L

St Mirren (H) - W 

County (A) - D 

Accies (A) - D

Killie (A) - L 

St Johnstone (H) - W

This is being slightly optimistic as well. 

alicante jambo
16 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Well put laff. 

I think st Mirren away may go in our favour. Away game, fans are bouncing which gives players confidence and energy. Home games have more tension. In saying that, not overly optimistic about Livi away. 

RustyRightPeg
14 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Agree.

Starts Wednesday. We're starting to click.

Don't think people realise good a point yesterday was, despite the fact we should've won. 

NaturalOrder74

A lot of pressure on Wednesday but they are seriously pish, if we win thst it takes a bit of pressure off but it’s an absolute 6 pointer of a game 

Games remaining before the split:

M4VNTDh.jpg

As it has been for weeks, every game is a must win.

I just can't see us digging ourselves out of this mess.

We're out of time.

Edited by Cade

Holyrood_Hearts
57 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Agree.

Starts Wednesday. We're starting to click.

Don't think people realise good a point yesterday was, despite the fact we should've won. 

Exactly. Loads of fans are beaten already & resigned to relegation when we’re still got every chance to being alright. Stay positive 

20 minutes ago, Cade said:

Games remaining before the split:

M4VNTDh.jpg

As it has been for weeks, every game is a must win.

I just can't see us digging ourselves out of this mess.

We're out of time.

St Mirren have a hard run in to the split. 

we do also, Wednesday is just so huge. Dreamland if we win that and also  Livingston (a) . That would set us up very nicely for County

Unknown user
12 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Exactly. Loads of fans are beaten already & resigned to relegation when we’re still got every chance to being alright. Stay positive 

Exactly, this is no time to be shitting the bed.

JamboAndrew

Ross County have a run in that could easily see them bottom soon.

If I were a betting man I'd have them for 12th place.

1 place below St Midden.

Won only 4 games ALL feckin season and probably need to win another 5 to be in with a shout of surviving let that sink in!!fingers crossed we do but it needs to start on Wednesday 🤞

Scottie Wanshot.
23 hours ago, blairdin said:

Wednesday is not so much a must win, but a must not lose.

I wish I could be as confident as some of the others on this thread. Our away form is horrendous.

the thing we have to do is play with at least 3 men back at all times.

Scottie Wanshot.
22 hours ago, Thommo414 said:

Admittedly I wasn’t confident before the last Hamilton game as I still thought Bombscare Pereira would be in goal. Didn’t help either that their first that day was clearly offside for all except the wheatfield linesman to see.

Hamilton’s win at Ibrox, impressive as it may have been, isn’t really relevant, the point could easily be made that we’ve won at Easter Road and they haven’t?

As you say though, what’s costing us isn’t a shite squad, it’s mistakes from key players at crucial times. If Naismith, Boyce or indeed Washington at some points today had actually had an ounce of composure in them, the game could’ve easily been 3/4-1 in our favour...or 0 if you apply that to Halkett as well. 

Win at St Mirren and we move off the foot of the table without the bottom side playing a day later, and being within touching distance of 10th place 

On 07/03/2020 at 18:23, ramrod said:

We're in serious peril of being cast adrift by the time the split comes . 

Games like today will relegate us . 

Comedy defending yet again and horrendous finishing  yet again 

A recipe for relegation if ever there was one . 

if we dont keep defenders back, we will go down.

eyesandears
33 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

We could get 27 points. 😀

Yeh mate and I'll get to date Margot Robbie 🤣 I could of course chosen another WOWS scene but it's Sunday so i'll keep it clean

th?id=OIP.WyAp1G2NB0FaVoJl_2dWvgHaEZ&pid=Api&P=0&w=281&h=168

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

Yeh mate and I'll get to date Margot Robbie 🤣 I could of course chosen another WOWS scene but it's Sunday so i'll keep it clean

Zero interest in dating Margot Robbie. Netflix and bumming though, different story.

Scottie Wanshot.
2 hours ago, eyesandears said:

🥰

5 hours ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

A lot of pressure on Wednesday but they are seriously pish, if we win thst it takes a bit of pressure off but it’s an absolute 6 pointer of a game 

So seriously pish they beat Motherwell at Fir Park! 😏

6 hours ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

they are not seriously pish.  Fanciful thinking. It’ll be a very difficult game. 

On 07/03/2020 at 18:27, Kiwidoug said:

9 games = 27 points.  Most of these games against bottom 6 sides.  We have much stronger squad than any of them.

I'm very confident.

I am also.  Because unless we finish bottom even the playoff system is designed in the Prem club's favour.

Hectormasson
3 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

the thing we have to do is play with at least 3 men back at all times.

Hearts really need to win against st midden and livi,  that happens and we will be ok "     anything less than 4 points I think we are in trouble,     it's about time we pulled ourselves out the shit starting wednesday......

8 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

Hearts really need to win against st midden and livi,  that happens and we will be ok "     anything less than 4 points I think we are in trouble,     it's about time we pulled ourselves out the shit starting wednesday......

I think 4 points is the absolute best we will do. Two grounds we seem to have been absolutely stinking at. Would gladly take three points right now.

County have the worst goal difference in the league by quite a distance, I reckon they'll be the ones who finish bottom we just have to make sure we're in touching distance at least by the split