9 games left.

Suso Santana

Suso Santana

It's really starting to sink in now.

We NEED to get these 3 points against ST Mirren or we could end up relegated with still games left to play. 

The only plus is that we don't need to play Celtic. 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Fozzyonthefence

• GinRummy

• Scottie Wanshot.

Suso Santana
2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

What's the name of the pub that used to be The Carrick Knowe Inn?

Ha. Very good. 

When not if we go down I hope there is some kind of get out clause to avoid my £11 per month being paid back to Budge. She should be ashamed to take our money 

We're in serious peril of being cast adrift by the time the split comes . 

Games like today will relegate us . 

Comedy defending yet again and horrendous finishing  yet again 

A recipe for relegation if ever there was one . 

9 games = 27 points.  Most of these games against bottom 6 sides.  We have much stronger squad than any of them.

I'm very confident.

9 games, probably need 15 points.

A big ask but very do-able.

Essential we cannot lose to St Mirren. A draw would not be great but defeat catastrophic.

Edited by The Merse

His name is

St Mirren (A) 

Livingston (A) 

Ross Co (H) 

Aberdeen (A) 

Hamilton 

St Mirren

Ross Co

2 from

Killie / St Johnstone / Hibs / Livi

I would love to see us win on Wednesday. Its 50/50 the way we're playing. We look a bit more solid so fingers crossed we can get the 3 points.

Ross Co look like they're getting dragged back into it. 

Might even come down to goal difference. We're currently -20 along with Hamilton. St Mirren -18. Ross Co -30.

Suso Santana
14 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

9 games = 27 points.  Most of these games against bottom 6 sides.  We have much stronger squad than any of them.

I'm very confident.

I'm not, unfortunately. 

We can up our game in the big matches but there has been no sign of us doing it against the teams we should be beating, so far. 

The ST Mirren game will tell us all we need to know. 

Edited that due to Motherwell being 3rd in the league at kickoff today. 

Got to give them some credit i suppose... 

Edited by Suso Santana

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
26 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm very confident.

I love your post Kiwi.

I hope we kick on. Today is hard but progress has definitely been made.

39 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm very confident.

I wish I had your confidence, but hopefully start with 3 points against

ST. LIEDOWN on wednesday, anything else would be a disaster, then take it from there.

HHGH 

Jambof3tornado

3 points in paisley or we are ****ed. Seriously, its all about head to heads now against those closest.

A draw on wednesday does nothing for us.

Win or bust Hearts. I'll be there in the crowd geeing the boys along but we need to stop shooting ourselves in the foot with schoolboy errors.

Still think Stendel hasn’t formulated a system/side that can win SPL games when we enjoy the majority of possession. Given that most of the remaining matches fall into that category, it remains a concern.

It should have been ten
51 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm very confident.

Agree!

Fozzyonthefence
49 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm very confident.

Based on what?   Apart from St Mirren (one win and one loss), the rest are all teams that we’ve failed to beat in 2 or even  3 attempts this season (unless Hibs finish bottom 6, then what’s the betting they relegate us at Tynie?).

We have 2 or 3 decent players but the squad is shite.  The league table doesn’t lie - we’re bottom on merit and this has been in the making since last season. The writing was well and truly in the wall but so many have refused to open their eyes and see it.  

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Based on what?   Apart from St Mirren (one win and one loss), the rest are all teams that we’ve failed to beat in 2 or even  3 attempts this season (unless Hibs finish bottom 6, then what’s the betting they relegate us at Tynie?).

We have 2 or 3 decent players but the squad is shite.  The league table doesn’t lie - we’re bottom on merit and this has been in the making since last season. The writing was well and truly in the wall but so many have refused to open their eyes and see it.  

Our form has got better recently and others form is dropping, i hope that continues and believe if it does we will scrap out of it.

Calebs Grandad
55 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm very confident.

Only downside Doug is only 12 pts available before the split which rules us out of a European qualification unless winning the cup achieves that 😉

12 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

Still think Stendel hasn’t formulated a system/side that can win SPL games when we enjoy the majority of possession. Given that most of the remaining matches fall into that category, it remains a concern.

To be fair he cannot physically put the ball in the net for the players. 

Scottie Wanshot.

We cant defend cross balls, but were lucky today that Motherwell never scored from the crosses coming in.

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Our form has got better recently and others form is dropping, i hope that continues and believe if it does we will scrap out of it.

On the contrary, everyone else seems to have picked up too (except Ross County).  St Johnstone and Hibs went on runs and got themselves out of trouble), Hamilton have just won back to back games, including one at Ibrox (which we can only dream about), St Mirren have been picking up points too, including a great win at Motherwell.  We won on Tuesday to get ourselves off bottom, yet now we find ourselves 3 adrift of St Mirren and 4 of Hamilton.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Need to focus minds on the pitch. 

There's a mentality gap between the so called big games and so called smaller ones. They're all big but when the players sense more obvious threat on the pitch , everything is done in a precise and disciplined manner - see recent results. Bring on a so called smaller team, we switch off and are far too casual - today and many others as examples. 

Wednesday isn't the time for emotion. Clear heads and focussed minds. We are better than st mirren and can beat them by more than one. Every player needs to be alert and on their toes. No excuses. 

Edited by jambogaza

Stuart McNeill

Ross County               St Mirren               Hamilton

Rangers [H]                 Hearts [H]             Ross County [A]

Hamilton [H]               Kilmarnock [A]     Hibs [H]

Hearts [A]                   Rangers [H]           St Johnstone [A]

St Mirren [H]              Ross County [A]

We have

St Mirren [A]

Livingston [A]

Ross County [H]

Aberdeen [A]

This is obviously Pre-split.

Edited by Stuart McNeill

Just now, Stuart McNeill said:

Ross County               St Mirren               Hamilton

Rangers [H]                 Hearts [H]             Ross County [A]

Hamilton [H]               Kilmarnock [A]     Hibs [H]

Hearts [A]                   Rangers [H]           St Johnstone [A]

St Mirren [H]              Ross County [A]

We have

St Mirren [A]

Livingston [A]

Ross County [H]

Aberdeen [A]

This is obviously Pre-split.

Tonnes of football to be played even in that bunch.

Brave man to predict results in all those games. I’m going to be optimistic and say St Mirren won’t get a point !

Today wasn't a disaster, Motherwell are  a decent side and still in 3rd place. I would say it is a half decent point for us? Put it this way a few weeks ago we probably would have lost this match IMO, If anything today shows that we are still fighting,  Although having said that it does now make Wednesday even more important, Must treat it like a cup final and go all out to win.

Anoyingly Hamilton are so good in these situations i can actually see them getting clear of the relegation zone over the next few games.

I still feel confident we will stay up though, Being unbeaten in last 4 with 2 wins and 2 draws is not relegation form, As long as we keep it up.

Hopefully the buns will do us a turn and win tomorrow against county! They look to be in freefall at the moment, i feel we have more chance catching them and st mirren than hamilton.

Prediction for wed is St mirren 0 - 2 Hearts.

HHGH :flag1:

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, His name is said:

St Mirren (A) 

Livingston (A) 

Ross Co (H) 

Aberdeen (A) 

Hamilton 

St Mirren

Ross Co

2 from

Killie / St Johnstone / Hibs / Livi

I would love to see us win on Wednesday. Its 50/50 the way we're playing. We look a bit more solid so fingers crossed we can get the 3 points.

Ross Co look like they're getting dragged back into it. 

Might even come down to goal difference. We're currently -20 along with Hamilton. St Mirren -18. Ross Co -30.

I'm going for 5 points from our next 4

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

We’ve not been beaten by St Mirren? And if we can beat them before, we can do it again another 2 times. Ross County, I’m more confident we’ll actually give a game at Tynecastle than we did under the shiter that managed us before. Hamilton are utterly pish and I think we’ll wipe the floor with them at their patch post split.

If you’re the “I told you so” type then feel free to mark this post and get your jollies if it doesn’t happen but I reckon there’s fight in this club yet, if not, we get what we deserve tbh

Wednesday is not so much a must win, but a must not lose.

I wish I could be as confident as some of the others on this thread. Our away form is horrendous.

annushorribilis III
1 minute ago, blairdin said:

Wednesday is not so much a must win, but a must not lose.

I wish I could be as confident as some of the others on this thread. Our away form is horrendous.

Agreed.

Not winning isn't a disaster but lose : doesn't bear thinking about. 

35 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I see a few posters have come out the wood work, didn’t see them after Tuesday posting much. 

Bang on mate, dossers that's what they are. 

When the team played sevco and the scum of the park they were nowhere to be seen. 

Infact you could say they were better at hiding than bin laden. 

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

We’ve not been beaten by St Mirren? And if we can beat them before, we can do it again another 2 times. Ross County, I’m more confident we’ll actually give a game at Tynecastle than we did under the shiter that managed us before. Hamilton are utterly pish and I think we’ll wipe the floor with them at their patch post split.

If you’re the “I told you so” type then feel free to mark this post and get your jollies if it doesn’t happen but I reckon there’s fight in this club yet, if not, we get what we deserve tbh

You’re right, we drew 0-0 at St Mirren, I was thinking of the defeat last season.  Our record against the other 8 teams outside of Rangers, Hibs and St Mirren is awful though, particularly against the ones that we keep having must win games against and failing to win them.  

Did you think we’d wipe the floor with Hamilton at Tynie a few weeks ago?  We’ve taken 2 points from 3 games against them and they’ve just beaten Rangers at Ibrox - we’re incapable of even putting up any sort of a fight at Ibrox let alone actually winning there.  We can’t even win outside of Edinburgh. 

I did think we’d stay up after the Rangers league win.  But now I don’t see it. We keep making too many mistakes, whether it’s defensively or missing sitters at the other end.  I thought Naismith and Boyce would see us pick up enough points to at least make the play offs but they’re not delivering at the moment.  

Win at St Mirren and we have a great chance again, lose and we’re gone. I can see a draw at best.

We are worse against the so called shit teams, yeah we have a better squad (on paper only) but nobody else will give away such easy goals or miss so many sitters.

Since we struggle to break teams down who sit back, I have no confidence in picking up many points after the break. We have been shite for well over a year bar the odd game against bigger teams and I can't see that changing over the next 9 games.

7 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You’re right, we drew 0-0 at St Mirren, I was thinking of the defeat last season.  Our record against the other 8 teams outside of Rangers, Hibs and St Mirren is awful though, particularly against the ones that we keep having must win games against and failing to win them.  

Did you think we’d wipe the floor with Hamilton at Tynie a few weeks ago?  We’ve taken 2 points from 3 games against them and they’ve just beaten Rangers at Ibrox - we’re incapable of even putting up any sort of a fight at Ibrox let alone actually winning there.  We can’t even win outside of Edinburgh. 

I did think we’d stay up after the Rangers league win.  But now I don’t see it. We keep making too many mistakes, whether it’s defensively or missing sitters at the other end.  I thought Naismith and Boyce would see us pick up enough points to at least make the play offs but they’re not delivering at the moment.  

Win at St Mirren and we have a great chance again, lose and we’re gone. I can see a draw at best.

Admittedly I wasn’t confident before the last Hamilton game as I still thought Bombscare Pereira would be in goal. Didn’t help either that their first that day was clearly offside for all except the wheatfield linesman to see.

Hamilton’s win at Ibrox, impressive as it may have been, isn’t really relevant, the point could easily be made that we’ve won at Easter Road and they haven’t?

As you say though, what’s costing us isn’t a shite squad, it’s mistakes from key players at crucial times. If Naismith, Boyce or indeed Washington at some points today had actually had an ounce of composure in them, the game could’ve easily been 3/4-1 in our favour...or 0 if you apply that to Halkett as well. 

Win at St Mirren and we move off the foot of the table without the bottom side playing a day later, and being within touching distance of 10th place 

Our strikers have lacked composure and our defence has been an accident waiting to happen all season. It's highly doubtful that's going to change as the pressure gets worse.

We look decent against teams trying to play football but the teams round about us play hit and hope. We just can’t grind that kind of team down.

its hard to play a high press when the opposite team just miss the midfield out and lump the ball up the park

Randy Marsh

Interesting to see Hamilton are still favourites to finish bottom at around 11/10.  Hearts are 4/1 to finish bottom.  The bookies can see us getting out of this mess.

glynnlondon
3 minutes ago, Mundaydog said:

We look decent against teams trying to play football but the teams round about us play hit and hope. We just can’t grind that kind of team down.

its hard to play a high press when the opposite team just miss the midfield out and lump the ball up the park

This is very much my concern we will need to be more inventive to break them down.

In our own hands and time will tell.

Fact that we've taken 3 years to spiral down to this position needs addressed close season regardless of whether we survive or not.

Hectormasson
3 hours ago, Suso Santana said:

It's really starting to sink in now.

We NEED to get these 3 points against ST Mirren or we could end up relegated with still games left to play. 

The only plus is that we don't need to play Celtic. 

Might get hibs again ?

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Interesting to see Hamilton are still favourites to finish bottom at around 11/10.  Hearts are 4/1 to finish bottom.  The bookies can see us getting out of this mess.

The bookies gave Hamilton no chance at Ibrox.  Think they were 20/1.

Hectormasson
3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm very confident.

On paper yes,   on park no ,  it's been proven time &time again this season"   the amount of points weve dropped against lower sides like ourselves is totally unacceptable,       we must win our next two games ...

glynnlondon

The games against those around us will decide our season the question is can we break down and defend the break against teams who undoubtedly will park the bus ?

If we can't we'll deserve everything coming 

Still fancy us to stay up, but time is running out.

At least 8 points from 4 games before the split and I think we’ll be fine. But it’s going to be very close.

If we lose on Wednesday I fear the air might come out of our tyres.

Hectormasson
3 hours ago, jambo1975 said:

When not if we go down I hope there is some kind of get out clause to avoid my £11 per month being paid back to Budge. She should be ashamed to take our money 

Looking at the league position were in it's not acceptable,   and budge has a massive part to play in this total carbuncle of a season !         Her and levein have f......d this club right over!!!!!!! 

Let's not bring in the new stand and the fact she stepped in to save us ?    Totally used up that ,  shes f.....d up massively and it will never be forgiven......too much time in binning levein,   too long in getting manager in    (6weeks 5 defeats and a draw) later in comes ds ? With a mountain to climb , with resources low,   and a club full of levein shite?we all know where the blame lies !            Let's hope we stay up and give stendel the chance to get his own team and strategies in .........but its getting unlikelier..........