Carragher selling the jerseys

Fruitmachine76

Fruitmachine76

folks,

just saw that Jamie Carragher is selling off all his swapped shirts from his career... here’s the Hearts one from europa league if anyone is interested.....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Matchworn-Hearts-Europa-League-Shirt-Kit-It-Out-Carragher-Swapped-Shirts/174209252107?hash=item288fae3b0b:g:YmAAAOSwdHteXjF5

jambostuart
5 minutes ago, LungsOfMidlothian said:

Well he's not really selling them. The charity he gave them to is

Exactly. It's for charity and he has donated football memorabilia a lot of fans may be interested in, ours in particular given how enjoyable that tie was. 

Poster probably didn't see past the fact it was Carragher

18 minutes ago, gjcc said:

No respect for any footballer selling the jersey tbh. 

:lol: 

AlphonseCapone
18 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

Why any Hearts fan would want a carragher jersey is beyond me, charity or not. 

Read the link ffs. 

Suso Santana
Just now, AlphonseCapone said:

Read the link ffs. 

Ah. My bad. 

Just assumed it was a liverpool top. 

20 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

Why any Hearts fan would want a carragher jersey is beyond me, charity or not. 

Swing and a miss

Suso Santana
Just now, Jeff said:

Swing and a miss

Heeds up my arse today.  Just stuck a football thread in the shed and i've commented on todays game in the St mirren thread...

Just now, Suso Santana said:

Heeds up my arse today.  Just stuck a football thread in the shed and i've commented on todays game in the St mirren thread...

Get yourself along to the Corona drive through and have a fortnight to yourself

Suso Santana
Just now, Jeff said:

Ach, it's cool, i've taken monday and tuesday off work. 

I'll use use it to take a long hard look at myself. 

HeartsInMyBlood

Anyone managed to successfully remove a sponsor logo from a top?

This Adidas effort is a classic but I wouldn't want it with W*ng* on the front

I've heard nail varnish remover with acetone can do it - anyone tried It?

wentworth jambo

Am I the only who thinks this could be fake ? Looking at the picture of the back of the shirt - the name / number combo just doesn't look right - don't know if it's just a bad photo or whether Photoshop is involved ??

On 07/03/2020 at 17:41, Jeff said:

Genuinely wouldn’t mind two weeks self-isolation. 

8 hours ago, wentworth jambo said:

Am I the only who thinks this could be fake ? Looking at the picture of the back of the shirt - the name / number combo just doesn't look right - don't know if it's just a bad photo or whether Photoshop is involved ??

Strange person

10 hours ago, wentworth jambo said:

Absolutely. I'm in on the act and photoshopped this.

Getty-Images-151007598.jpg

Tommy Brown
On 07/03/2020 at 13:23, number-16 said:

Bobby Webster's top might fetch a fair bit I think

Was his name not Barry Webster?

Or was the guy that scored the og in first leg?

🙃

Edited by Tommy Brown

queensferryjambo

19 hours ago, wentworth jambo said:

It doesn't look right as it isn't SPL name and number set. It is Sporting ID Europlayer nameset.

If you look at photos of the game you will see it is absolutely bang on. 

7670297_450_450_73045_0_fit_0_2c5668c033

Edited by queensferryjambo

19 hours ago, wentworth jambo said:

In the Europa league, and in the cups, we went through a spell of using non-SPFL letter sets.  Even in one of the most iconic images of Hearts history, you'll notice the "font" is different. with lowercase lettering:

10210c68180a00d2d56fd08181655e5f.jpg

queensferryjambo
4 minutes ago, tian447 said:

In the Europa league, and in the cups, we went through a spell of using non-SPFL letter sets.  Even in one of the most iconic images of Hearts history, you'll notice the "font" is different. with lowercase lettering:

Hearts have used this style of numbers in Europe against Dinamo Zagreb, Paks, Tottenham and Liverpool. They also wore them in the League Cup semi final of 2010 against St Mirren, Scottish Cup final 2012 against Hibs and League Cup final of 2013 against St Mirren.

2 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Hearts have used this style of numbers in Europe against Dinamo Zagreb, Paks, Tottenham and Liverpool. They also wore them in the League Cup semi final of 2010 against St Mirren, Scottish Cup final 2012 against Hibs and League Cup final of 2013 against St Mirren.

:thumbsup: 

Any idea why we did it though?  Looks just a wee bit rubbish!

queensferryjambo
40 minutes ago, tian447 said:

:thumbsup: 

Any idea why we did it though?  Looks just a wee bit rubbish!

Over years UEFA specified letter / number size and style. It has been really quirky for decades like back in the 90s Bukta logo not allowed on numbers and weird stuff like that. 

Roughly about the 2000s there became a standard in fact you can check on line for each seasons UEFA book stating the rules and regulations for numbers and letter size.

It is all done through licenses for the products and Sporting ID have been the people who make UEFA namesets for years. 

They do do change them up every few years. Last time we played in Europe we just kept using SPFL ones but that was qualifiers so not sure about group stages. Notably I saw Rangers used a weird name set in this seasons Europa league not disimilar to the ones Hearts used 2010 - 2013.

Jambo 4 Ever
On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 12:24, LungsOfMidlothian said:

Well he's not really selling them. The charity he gave them to is

what charity is it?

wentworth jambo
6 hours ago, tian447 said:

10210c68180a00d2d56fd08181655e5f.jpg

TBH, I wasn’t referring to the font / style when I questioned the validity. The name / number combo just didn’t look bang on given how Carragher is holding the strip

Diadora Van Basten

Remember we mucked up the sleeves and had to put black patches over the SFA signs for the Europa league match. 

:facepalm:

queensferryjambo
1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Remember we mucked up the sleeves and had to put black patches over the SFA signs for the Europa league match. 

:facepalm:

No because that never happened :) 

The maroon patches were put on because of the Adidas shirts having stripes without a break in the stripes to place sleeve badges. It was apparently a pain getting the Clydesdale league ones on the shirts as it stood. 100% no Clydesdale sleeve badges under maroon patches.

Had Hearts got through the qualifiers into the group stages the shirts would have had to have Europa league badge on one sleeve and Respect badge on the other. All Hearts shirts home and away had the maroon patches put on them to get ready for qualification if it happened as there was so little time between qualifying and group stages for the kit man to get everything on the shirts so they got ahead of the game. 

Home versions of these shirts below. Some home versions of the shirt with the Europa patches already fitted. The long sleeved shirt with both sleeve patches had Zaliukas on the back.

I believe you weren't allowed to wear Europa or Champions league sleeve patches until the group stages. You could wear the old UEFA cup ones in qualifiers back in the day though

43374029_10217522693686287_411255102409743258888_10217522696686362_115923849955643303771_10217522696566359_4064950829268

$(KGrHqV,!o0FG05kTSRDBR))UDQ16g~~60_58.JPG

Edited by queensferryjambo

Diadora Van Basten
6 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

No because that never happened :) 

The maroon patches were put on because of the Adidas shirts having stripes without a break in the stripes to place sleeve badges. It was apparently a pain getting the Clydesdale league ones on the shirts as it stood. 100% no Clydesdale sleeve badges under maroon patches.

Had Hearts got through the qualifiers into the group stages the shirts would have had to have Europa league badge on one sleeve and Respect badge on the other. All Hearts shirts home and away had the maroon patches put on them to get ready for qualification if it happened as there was so little time between qualifying and group stages for the kit man to get everything on the shirts so they got ahead of the game. 

Home versions of these shirts below. Some home versions of the shirt with the Europa patches already fitted. The long sleeved shirt with both sleeve patches had Zaliukas on the back.

I believe you weren't allowed to wear Europa or Champions league sleeve patches until the group stages. You could wear the old UEFA cup ones in qualifiers back in the day though

43374029_10217522693686287_411255102409743258888_10217522696686362_115923849955643303771_10217522696566359_4064950829268

$(KGrHqV,!o0FG05kTSRDBR))UDQ16g~~60_58.JPG

Fair enough and some nice shirts there :greatpost:

queensferryjambo
Just now, Diadora Van Basten said:

Fair enough and some nice shirts there :greatpost:

Yes unfortunately the shirts are not all mine.

Oh and that bed cover isn't mine either :)