• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Trapper John McIntyre

• Space Mackerel

• Justin Z

• The Real Maroonblood

28 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Or perhaps he believed there was a case to answer and wanted it pursued. Each side will have their own explanation. Anyone looking for a moment of truth might be disappointed. When you think there is a conspiracy though, instantly everything looks suspicious.

It's not up to Nicola's husband to determine whether there's a case to answer or not.

10 people, allegedly coerced into making allegations later found to be baseless, looks a bit suspicious, but does fall well short short of moon landing conspiracy.

11 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Why is she popular ?

At the moment, it's because of the way she communicates on coronavirus, magnified tenfold when viewed through the same lens as the PM.

4 minutes ago, felix said:

It's not up to Nicola's husband to determine whether there's a case to answer or not.

10 people, allegedly coerced into making allegations later found to be baseless, looks a bit suspicious, but does fall well short short of moon landing conspiracy.

At the moment, it's because of the way she communicates on coronavirus, magnified tenfold when viewed through the same lens as the PM.

Hang on. 10 people coerced into making allegations? I presume you have evidence to back that up? Has anyone even claimed that all 10 were coerced into making allegations?

Maroon Sailor
9 minutes ago, felix said:

I don't think she's handled it very well at all.

She's devious

Her sole aim / obsession is behind everything she does to the detriment of actually being a universally popular politician.

12 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Hang on. 10 people coerced into making allegations? I presume you have evidence to back that up? Has anyone even claimed that all 10 were coerced into making allegations?

Even one person coerced into making claims to take down an innocent is a worry, if true. 

3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I don't think she's handled it very well at all.

She's devious

Her sole aim / obsession is behind everything she does to the detriment of actually being a universally popular politician.

Cool. Around 57% of those polled recently would disagree. I guess forthcomimng elections will paint a more accurate picture.

McGlynn The Money
On 30/01/2021 at 00:17, Maroon Sailor said:

Trouble is these two could fall in a barrel of shit and still come up smelling of roses.

Claim then counter-claim - Mexican stand off then a quick kiss and make up and move on as if nothing has happened with both reputations intact.

Both charlatans with massive ego's

Not a fan then?

McGlynn The Money
44 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Can anybody be a fan of a politician ?

That's a good question. You've answered my question with a question, but it's a good question nevertheless.

I suppose the 9th of feb (?) when Salmond testifies will be the day we find out if he truly has anything of substantial of note to say. Just got to wait and see but I would think if anything major was to be revealed it might have happened already. 

I am done with all their pish and bullshit. It is like kids playing grown up games and he said she said. Pathetic when you actually think this is top level professionals here acting like utter *****. 

The state of the political parties in this country :facepalm:

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

I suppose the 9th of feb (?) when Salmond testifies will be the day we find out if he truly has anything of substantial of note to say. Just got to wait and see but I would think if anything major was to be revealed it might have happened already. 

I am done with all their pish and bullshit. It is like kids playing grown up games and he said she said. Pathetic when you actually think this is top level professionals here acting like utter *****. 

The state of the political parties in this country :facepalm:

True man, they’re all scumbags. 
Wings was posting more from their NEC meeting or something. He’s really going for them nowadays. I haven’t read it I only seen little bits on twitter so not sure what he’s been getting at but it’s does seem the snp are on some suicide mission atm. 
They’re as bad any anyone else and if this thing with AS gets proven well there can be no sympathy. 

Edited by jack D and coke

Maroon Sailor
5 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

I suppose the 9th of feb (?) when Salmond testifies will be the day we find out if he truly has anything of substantial of note to say.

Doesn't matter if he does she's already got an answer to refute anything he says.

She is very good at talking her way out of things and she was well trained in that regard ...... by him

29 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Listen to this arsehole 🤣

Thanks for sharing..👍

Think he could be wrong about Nicola being toast, in a week or two though.

Seymour M Hersh
On 30/01/2021 at 13:12, jambogaza said:

There is no evidence of the wider public, let alone the SNP, turning on Nicola Sturgeon over this. This is wishful thinking from opponents. There is no smoking gun - only he said, she said. It is true to say events can sink even the most charismatic of leaders but this event has whimpered along for a long time now, with little impact.

The idea that Nicola Sturgeon conspired against Alex Salmond is absolutely ridiculous. It doesn't even justify any further thought or consideration. From my reading, he wanted this sorted out through arbitration at an early stage. Guess what Sturgeon's opponents would have said if she supported him with this?

The handling of the internal investigation was clearly a mess and tainted with some bias, against Alex Salmond. He was vindicated on that, to an extent, but now wants to resurrect his standing in politics and is happy to throw anyone under the bus on the way to that. To me, he just comes across as yesterday's man who has little else to offer other than bitter conspiracy theories.

What a marvellously innocent post. Virtually all politicians would stab themselves in the back to advance their careers if they could.  So in your opinion there is "nothing to see here"  when an ex FM publicly calls the current FM out for lying to a parliamentary committee. And I think there is mounting evidence that internally within the party there is growing unrest. One of the things that is causing grief is the vote to elevate BAME and Disabled candidates to the top of the regional lists. It may well be challenged in court if they go ahead. 

Maroon Sailor

So he's not appearing before the Committee 9th Feb

This is going to be a waste of time

The Murrells have got him squirming away.

Seems to me the conniving git has been out connived by an even bigger pair of connivers.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

On 08/02/2021 at 18:48, Maroon Sailor said:

Seems to me the conniving git has been out connived by an even bigger pair of connivers.

Who is he conniving with and what about?

Maroon Sailor
7 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Who is he conniving with and what about?

Nobody - I will retract that statement

He is a  reliable, honest, trustworthy, decent individual who doesn't abuse his power.

3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Nobody - I will retract that statement

He is a  reliable, honest, trustworthy, decent individual who doesn't abuse his power.

You said he was conniving but now you can't tell us with whom or what it was about.

Don't you think you should be able to offer some justification for such an accusation or do you think it o.k to abuse people anonymously? 

Maroon Sailor
20 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

You said he was conniving but now you can't tell us with whom or what it was about.

Don't you think you should be able to offer some justification for such an accusation or do you think it o.k to abuse people anonymously? 

Get a life ya boring git

Just told you - I've seen the error of my ways. I now think Mr Salmond is as pure as the driven snow. A bit like yourself it seems

Edited by Maroon Sailor

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Get a life ya boring git

Why can't you back up your accusations? Why do you resort to abuse? All I've asked of you is that you back up your claim. Why do you think we should just take what you say as fact?

Maroon Sailor
19 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Why can't you back up your accusations? Why do you resort to abuse? All I've asked of you is that you back up your claim. Why do you think we should just take what you say as fact?

You don't have to take anything as fact. It's just an opinion.

This is all I'm going to say on this.

The weekend before his trial started I was speaking to a guy who has been an SNP member for over 40 years and a staunch Salmond supporter.

I asked him how he thought the trial would go and he replied that he thought he was going down.

I said to him I don't think he will, not because I believed he didn't do anything inappropriate but because he is a very shrewd man and has this aura of power about him.

As it happens we were both wrong. He did nothing untoward and didn't go down.

So what has he got on the Murrells ?

Not a lot by the sounds of it. Anything he says she will refute. She'll have them eating out her hand.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

On 08/02/2021 at 18:48, Maroon Sailor said:

I don’t think you understand what’s going on. 

Maroon Sailor
6 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

He’s not squirming away. We’ll get our shit show don’t you worry. 

Well it better be good.

If it's a case of the Murrells just refuting everything then it's going to be a waste of time.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Paddy Crossan
5 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Get a life ya boring git

Just told you - I've seen the error of my ways. I now think Mr Salmond is as pure as the driven snow. A bit like yourself it seems

It’s a wee bit of a cheek you calling someone a boring git when you have over 23,000 posts on a forum

Weakened Offender
On 13/02/2021 at 16:08, Maroon Sailor said:

You don't have to take anything as fact. It's just an opinion.

This is all I'm going to say on this.

The weekend before his trial started I was speaking to a guy who has been an SNP member for over 40 years and a staunch Salmond supporter.

I asked him how he thought the trial would go and he replied that he thought he was going down.

I said to him I don't think he will, not because I believed he didn't do anything inappropriate but because he is a very shrewd man and has this aura of power about him.

As it happens we were both wrong. He did nothing untoward and didn't go down.

So what has he got on the Murrells ?

Not a lot by the sounds of it. Anything he says she will refute. She'll have them eating out her hand.

People close to Salmond definitely did think he was in trouble. 

On 30/01/2021 at 13:12, jambogaza said:

There is no evidence of the wider public, let alone the SNP, turning on Nicola Sturgeon over this. This is wishful thinking from opponents. There is no smoking gun - only he said, she said. It is true to say events can sink even the most charismatic of leaders but this event has whimpered along for a long time now, with little impact.

The idea that Nicola Sturgeon conspired against Alex Salmond is absolutely ridiculous. It doesn't even justify any further thought or consideration. From my reading, he wanted this sorted out through arbitration at an early stage. Guess what Sturgeon's opponents would have said if she supported him with this?

The handling of the internal investigation was clearly a mess and tainted with some bias, against Alex Salmond. He was vindicated on that, to an extent, but now wants to resurrect his standing in politics and is happy to throw anyone under the bus on the way to that. To me, he just comes across as yesterday's man who has little else to offer other than bitter conspiracy theories.

You really think so? Wings over Bath and several other blogs would very much suggest otherwise. 

Anyway, hopefully fat boy gets his day in court next week and we find out one way or another.

Edited by JDK2020

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sentencing of the person who reported on the Salmond trial. Delayed as stood for election last week for George Galloway's party.

There is a view that this case was taken to court to attempt to get a retrial of Salmond, less than to punish Craig Murray. But that part of the case was rejected by the judge. 

Malinga the Swinga

Political elite in Scotland trying desperately to cover its backside for AS trial fiasco. 

False accusations, witnesses lying (but guaranteed immunity despite this), redacting of evidence, refusing to release documents, refusing to answer questions and simply 'forgetting events and details'. Police, judiciary and politicians all working together to convict innocent man. He may be unpleasant and I am no fan of his, but he didn't deserve the treatment he got. 

It's certainly true that other media also published information that could help identify complainers.

The main information that identifies Woman H (the rape allegation) was published in the Daily Record amongst other places. A simple event that was widely reported that basically identifies her. 

But the whole of the evidence against Murray included other tweets. And he gave a full detailed account of the defence evidence. 

But again was the prosecution motive to get a retrial. 

coconut doug
3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Political elite in Scotland trying desperately to cover its backside for AS trial fiasco. 

False accusations, witnesses lying (but guaranteed immunity despite this), redacting of evidence, refusing to release documents, refusing to answer questions and simply 'forgetting events and details'. Police, judiciary and politicians all working together to convict innocent man. He may be unpleasant and I am no fan of his, but he didn't deserve the treatment he got. 

Absolutely correct. Murray is a political prisoner. He is being punished for his views not for what he has done. Others revealed far more but received no sanction.

Our institutions are corrupt and are serving their own interests rather than those of justice or the people.

2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

He should be in Peterhead. He stood on shite this time. I have no doubt he'll be back in court soon. 

Malinga the Swinga
41 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

He should be in Peterhead. He stood on shite this time. I have no doubt he'll be back in court soon. 

Maybe he will, but I doubt it. Another trial will just look like personal persecution. 

In any case, I don't want argument. Wouldn't want to be reported or banned from thread.