• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Trapper John McIntyre

• Space Mackerel

• Justin Z

• Beast Boy

Just now, jake said:

Where as this thread has seen political lines drawn I would hope that these cases brought and the feeling of women in general would make us men take note .

Fekin pack in the shit.

Ye ken what the shit is and if ye dinnae by now yer at it.

Salmond knew but he got off .

And no matter your political view he is a sleaze.

I'm a son brother father uncle .

And a partner.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
8 hours ago, jake said:

Where as this thread has seen political lines drawn I would hope that these cases brought and the feeling of women in general would make us men take note .

Fekin pack in the shit.

Ye ken what the shit is and if ye dinnae by now yer at it.

Salmond knew but he got off .

And no matter your political view he is a sleaze.

I'm a son brother father uncle .

And a partner.

Yup

Footballfirst

This follows a Times article where he his videoed identifying a couple of the witnesses and calling Salmond a bully and a sex pest.

From a Daily Record article

Alex Salmond’s QC has been condemned over video footage showing him naming female complainants in the former SNP leader’s trial.

Gordon Jackson also referred to one of the women as a “flake” and even discussed his court tactics to discredit a witness: “All I need to do is put a smell on her.”

The former Labour MSP, whose comments were made on a train, could also be heard describing his client as an “objectionable bully”.

Sandy Brindley of Rape Crisis Scotland said she was “extremely shocked” by Jackson’s comments.

She said: “It is hard to see how he can continue in his role as dean [of the Faculty of Advocates]. Anonymity of complainers in cases of this nature must be taken very seriously, otherwise women will not come forward to report. When you consider how traumatic and distressing this case was for the women involved, it is sickening to hear it being discussed in this way.”

Salmond, Scotland’s longest-serving First Minister, was acquitted this month of sexual offences against nine women after being defended by Jackson.

After being cleared, Salmond paid tribute to his “brilliant” legal team who he said had been “absolutely exceptional”.

However, the Sunday Times newspaper today revealed footage filmed by a commuter on a train which showed Jackson making inappropriate comments.

Although the identities of the nine complainants are strictly protected, he named two during a conversation with an unnamed individual.

Within earshot of fellow passengers, he reportedly went into further personal details that made one easy to identify.

He also referred disparagingly to one witness: “See, we thought that eventually people might think she’s a flake and not like her.”

He said of Salmond: “I don’t know much about senior politicians, but he was quite an objectionable bully to work with, in a way I don’t think Nicola [Sturgeon] is. I think he was a nasty person to work for . . . a nightmare to work for.”

He then appeared to say Salmond could be seen as “a sex pest, but he’s not charged with that”.

The Faculty of Advocates’ code of conduct says the actions of members must not “impair the trust and the confidence which others place in him and his profession”.

Advocates must also “respect the confidentiality of all information that becomes known to him in the course of his professional activity”, and not bring the faculty into disrepute.

Neither Jackson nor Salmond commented on the original story.

Edited by Footballfirst

4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

This follows a Times article where he his videoed identifying a couple of the witnesses and calling Salmond a bully and a sex pest.

From a Daily Record article

Theres the tactics that got Salmond off.

Even if his actions were not criminal hes still a sleaze that does not respect women.

And this article shows why women who report sexual assault often feel as violated by the courtroom experience.

Be very interesting to see what happens with Jackson.

manaliveits105

Sunday papers confirm FM was going o be a witness for the defence but cancelled due to the crisis.

To quote the defence chappie - something smells and the parliamentary enquiry whenever it is held will be very interesting indeed 

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

As I’ve said in an earlier post I don’t particularly like Salmond.

The trial is finished.

He wasn’t found guilty of any crime so the thread should probably be closed.

Fair enough.

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Considering he is legally an innocent man you should watch your language. 

Till the Scottish Government inquiry. 

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, jake said:

Sue me.

Because although he was found not guilty of criminality I think we all know he was a fat sleaze who was abusive in a sexual way towards women who worked for him

Would anyone be happy for their daughter mother sister wife to work for him?

Just some friendly advice. 

Just now, jake said:

Not at all red.

Point taken though

Good. Thanks for your measured reply to my unsubtle dig, Jake.

Just now, redjambo said:

Good. Thanks for your measured reply to my unsubtle dig, Jake.

Measured is not always my strong point red.

1 minute ago, jake said:

Measured is not always my strong point red.

:D Mine neither. Otherwise I would have phrased my question to you differently.

Trapper John McIntyre

To all the lovely Natcases looking for me, I'm back.

(admin delete)

Anything happen in my absence?

2 hours ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

(admin delete)

Are you the only person connected with this thread who’s been found guilty, then?

:jj:

Trapper John McIntyre
24 minutes ago, leginten said:

Are you the only person connected with this thread who’s been found guilty, then?

:jj:

Yes. I'm the Main Stand One.

Trapper John McIntyre
1 hour ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Wouldn't be so sure Salmond has heard the last of this 

We can all hope.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, BarneyBattles said:

You’re not ‘back’. You’ve never been away. Just too ashamed to post but you now feel able to do so after Jackson’s comments. 

Disgusting behaviour from the said poster.

East Lothian Jambo
3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Disgusting behaviour from the said poster.

Any thoughts on what Jackson has said about his client? 

Wonder if there will be any repercussions for the member of the public who presumably filmed the QC without permission? Obviously not condoning the loose lips of Salmonds lawyer but in this personal data, GDPR crazy world we are in now, I'd say filming someone (presumably without consent) and it getting in to the public domain must carry some sort of offence?

The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Not interested what Jackson said.

The trial is over so just get over it as well.

Trapper John McIntyre
18 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Disgusting behaviour from the former FM.

Trapper John McIntyre
3 hours ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

(admin delete)

Aww, lads, lads! I was only letting my admirers know why I was absent for 7 days!

They were only concerned about me, you know.

East Lothian Jambo
4 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

Wonder if there will be any repercussions for the member of the public who presumably filmed the QC without permission? Obviously not condoning the loose lips of Salmonds lawyer but in this personal data, GDPR crazy world we are in now, I'd say filming someone (presumably without consent) and it getting in to the public domain must carry some sort of offence?

Not sure if you're being serious 

Trapper John McIntyre
Just now, East Lothian Jambo said:

Not sure if you're being serious 

The tragedy for Scotland is that he and his fellow natcases are.

East Lothian Jambo
3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Not interested what Jackson said.

The trial is over so just get over it as well.

He obviously thought highly of his client didn't he....Naming two of his accusers though.....

Not so sure Eck has heard the last of this 

42 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

He obviously thought highly of his client didn't he....Naming two of his accusers though.....

Not so sure Eck has heard the last of this 

Why has Eck not heard the last of it  ?

He wasn't the one blabbing about the trial.

East Lothian Jambo
25 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Why has Eck not heard the last of it  ?

He wasn't the one blabbing about the trial.

What if there's more to emerge 

jack D and coke
23 minutes ago, Hunky Dory said:

You're fooling no one Troller.

Banned my hoop :lol: 
He’s had some amount of beamers but that was his defining beamer. 
:glorious:

Honestly looks as though some posters were so invested in a guilty verdict, they are unable to accept that he’s been found not guilty and not proven. Some are just battering on as though he was found guilty. Seriously odd stuff.

The Real Maroonblood
52 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Honestly looks as though some posters were so invested in a guilty verdict, they are unable to accept that he’s been found not guilty and not proven. Some are just battering on as though he was found guilty. Seriously odd stuff.

They should start another thread.

The retrial of Alex Salmond by the lynch mob.

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

They should start another thread.

The retrial of Alex Salmond by the lynch mob.

Or the ‘It’s no fair, sob’ thread.

AlphonseCapone
10 hours ago, hmfcbilly said:

He was filmed on a train, a public place, nothing illegal about that. Only one person in the wrong in this situation and it's not the filmer. 

19 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

He was filmed on a train, a public place, nothing illegal about that. Only one person in the wrong in this situation and it's not the filmer. 

Agreed, the QC is an idiot for sitting on a public train discussing the case - no doubt. 

East Lothian Jambo
2 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Is that what it looks like 

There are serious questions about conduct of Salmond. If he's not guilty he's not guilty and justice has prevailed 

Let's not detract from his general conduct however. He's an odious sneering cretin, and perhaps even worse. His own QC has cast doubt upon his character 

He'll retain his Father of the nation status in the eyes of many 

Big bad Unionists seeking to bring down poor old Eck. I suspect in reality those who had issue with him was much much closer to those of which he shares political allegiance 

Edited by East Lothian Jambo

Just now, East Lothian Jambo said:

Is that what it looks like 

There are serious questions about conduct of Salmond. If he's not guilty he's not guilty and justice has prevailed 

Let's not detract from his general conduct however. He's an odious sneering cretin, and perhaps even worse. His own QC has cast doubt upon his character 

He'll retain his Father of the nation status in the eyes of many 

Big bad Unionists seeking to bring down poor old Eck. I suspect in reality those who had issue with him was much much closer to those of which he shares political allegiance 

See that just makes you sound exactly like those I was describing. You appear angry that he was found innocent of the criminal charges. It’s really really weird.

The thread was about his criminal charges, so discussing his ‘sleaziness’ is actually detracting from the topic, rather than the other way around.

I’ve barely read any posts from SNP and Indy supporters claiming his behaviour is okay. Almost to a poster they think he’s a creep because of it. 

The unionists on the other hand are all pretending like he was found guilty. As I said, it’s just odd.