Big Slim Stylee
1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

Have you met him? How do you know this? 

None of your business, tbh.

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

None of your business, tbh.

Ahhhh, good old hearsay. 

Ive met him, I found him OK till I asked him to do a 5-1 pic. He was pretty rude and abrupt. 

5 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

I'm sure nobody thinks that 

I’d be absolutely amazed if they didn’t. I often think that about myself. Worse than me out there though.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, weehammy said:

Not at all. Never thought there was sufficient in this for a criminal conviction. But have always thought Salmond was a creep and that he’d be one whatever his political affiliations.

My thoughts exactly.

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

I think the media and political commentators up here are varying degrees of subservient to the SNP hierarchy

His behaviour has clearly been very far from ideal. Drink has clearly been a significant issue for him. Perhaps even a problem 

Sturgeon is going to have to be probed on what had been brought to her attention and when 

She also has some questions to answer on what she knew about Derek Mackay and when 

There is no way that the media is subservient to the two people who run the SNP, every major paper and media outlet are owned by supporters of the Union. The reaction of all the media at the court today is testimony to that, all trying to insinuate there was a plot against Salmond by Sturgeon, something fishy going on clearly 🙈.

It’s akin to Rangers fans saying the SFA are against them.

Big Slim Stylee
20 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Ahhhh, good old hearsay. 

Ive met him, I found him OK till I asked him to do a 5-1 pic. He was pretty rude and abrupt. 

Not really hearsay. And the issues are way more important than a “5-1”.

Space Mackerel
7 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Not really hearsay. And the issues are way more important than a “5-1”.

The issue is that everything has been scrutinised and put through a court of law, he’s been proved not guilty. 

If you had evidence, why were you not called by the prosecution? 

Big Slim Stylee
1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

The issue is that everything has been scrutinised and put through a court of law, he’s been proved not guilty. 

If you had evidence, why were you not called by the prosecution? 

What a ridiculous assertion. 

Lobey Dosser
Just now, Big Slim Stylee said:

What a ridiculous assertion. 

Well, it's not really. You are asserting AS is a "bad one" based on something someone told you. That's hearsay. 

3 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

So you also think those 9 women were lying? Ok. Please don't feel like you should follow up with a reply here, I literally couldn't care less about your thoughts on any matter John.

The jury heard all the evidence and concluded that they didn't believe the 9 women.

Big Slim Stylee
Just now, Lobey Dosser said:

Well, it's not really. You are asserting AS is a "bad one" based on something someone told you. That's hearsay. 

You are right. But no amount of legal obfuscation will alter my view -or the views of many others.

Malinga the Swinga

To be clear first of all, I have never voted SNP and voted against independence and am no fan of Salmond. However, he has been found not guilty and that is that.

On a different note, I have sympathy for the jury. I was on a jury for a rape and abduction case. Even with the benefit of CCTV, the final verdict was 8 v 7. I couldn't believe that we were so close but there you go, we sat and listened to the same statements for 7 days and yet the split was as close as one person. The level of proof that individuals require isn't set in stone, it is just a best effort to decide as honestly as they can.

Without any physical evidence, it comes down to he said/she said, and the strict guidance that the judge provides in closing summing up.

Every charge needed to be proven individually, you can't just say because so many people complained, then they must be telling the truth. Each one of them had to prove their own case and whilst 9 failed, 1 must have had a more compelling case but again, not enough.

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

You are right. But no amount of legal obfuscation will alter my view -or the views of many others.

Is that many others that listen and believe hearsay? 

Big Slim Stylee
Just now, Space Mackerel said:

Is that many others that listen and believe hearsay? 

I’m out mate. 

2 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

You may call me a coward John, the simple fact is I have nothing to say to you and don't have the time/desire to listen to/respect anything you have to say about anything. You, quite simply put, are not worth a damn. Good evening.

You are losing it. Maybe switch off your computer and take some time off from here. More things in the world to worry about

East Lothian Jambo
26 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

There is no way that the media is subservient to the two people who run the SNP, every major paper and media outlet are owned by supporters of the Union. The reaction of all the media at the court today is testimony to that, all trying to insinuate there was a plot against Salmond by Sturgeon, something fishy going on clearly 🙈.

It’s akin to Rangers fans saying the SFA are against them.

Scotlands most high profile marriage of convenience I presume is to which you refer 

7 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Cherry (leadership aspirations) and MacAskill (Salmond footsoldier) have already raised their heads above the parapet.

Time to get the claymores ready.

What does an ancient type of sword have to do with anything? 

Pasquale for King
52 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Scotlands most high profile marriage of convenience I presume is to which you refer 

Indeed.

1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

What does an ancient type of sword have to do with anything? 

Image result for scottish claymores

Pretty distasteful thread, all in all. From the outset. Petty and premature glee at the hoped-for downfall of a politician, with scant regard to the issues involved.

It’s the legal equivalent of the Hibs’ fans relegation party at Tynecastle a few years back. Gleeful distribution of party hats during the corteo from Roseburn followed by toys out the pram, tears and snotters, tantrums and recriminations in the aftermath.

3 minutes ago, leginten said:

Pretty distasteful thread, all in all. From the outset. Petty and premature glee at the hoped-for downfall of a politician, with scant regard to the issues involved.

It’s the legal equivalent of the Hibs’ fans relegation party at Tynecastle a few years back. Gleeful distribution of party hats during the corteo from Roseburn followed by toys out the pram, tears and snotters, tantrums and recriminations in the aftermath.

Couldn’t agree more.

7 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

My first experience of a live American Football game... not for me. 😐

20 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Couldn’t agree more.

My first experience of a live American Football game... not for me. 😐

:what:

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

The trial is over, AS is innocent. The End!

The haters can’t help it.

It’s actually disgusting that they want someone found guilty because of his politics.

Weird behaviour.

Just now, manaliveits105 said:

The women of Scotland are not happy 

Is this not really really distasteful? 

SpruceBringsteen
31 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The haters can’t help it.

It’s actually disgusting that they want someone found guilty because of his politics.

Weird behaviour.

Certainly a few big fans of Pinochet's helicopter tours in here.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

He's not appeared yet!

Maybe he’s chained himself to the High Court building 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Certainly a few big fans of Pinochet's helicopter tours in here.

:laugh:

48 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

The women of Scotland are not happy 

manaliveits105, champion of women ladies and gentlemen

No sir, never a misogynistic word crosses these internet fingers, only the utmost care, concern and respect for women. Never a word about Krankie or Nippy or telling women to pipe doon.

On 03/04/2016 at 06:26, manaliveits105 said:

Any pictures of Jimmy Crankie holding babies and promising another referendum in todays papers ??

On 06/12/2019 at 10:37, manaliveits105 said:

aye she will be a shoe in for Loose Women when her political career goes tits up next year

Indeed, when Scottish women protested the inauguration of Donald Trump, he was 100% in support of them, because his only concern . . . is their happiness.

On 21/01/2017 at 12:43, manaliveits105 said:

The Americans voted him in if these women arent American its none of their business end of.

Rest assured, manalive's concern is for women here, and what should be their equal status to men. That's absolutely why he cares.

On 18/05/2016 at 12:20, manaliveits105 said:

Jimmy Crankie too busy with her shoulder pads to notice whats going on under her watch

On 18/09/2015 at 23:48, manaliveits105 said:

Free pussy riot

Sound.

Edited by Justin Z

2 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Ah that whole one year when they were good and we won the non american world championship

11 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

No sir, never a misogynistic word crosses these internet fingers, only the utmost care, concern and respect for women. Never a word about Krankie or Nippy or telling women to pipe doon.

Indeed, when Scottish women protested the inauguration of Donald Trump, he was 100% in support of them, because his only concern . . . is their happiness.

Rest assured, manalive's concern is for women here, and what should be their equal status to men. That's absolutely why he cares.

Sound.

Wow

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

Sound.

source.gif

5 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Pride comes before a fall. 

I don’t follow. Who is displaying pride here?

The Real Maroonblood
8 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Sound.

That certainly says a lot about that poster.

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Skipped to the end. I take it the far right, English nationalists are spewing.

:rofl:

Correct.

Thoughts and prayers for them at this difficult time.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
31 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Correct.

Thoughts and prayers for them at this difficult time.

:lol: Isn't the Scottish justice  wonderful?

jack D and coke

It’s just another in a long long line of utter riddys for old our old 2 new 8‘s tripper and manalive :lol: 

Their desperation and trolling has given them a right old backhander to the mush....again :rofl: 

Lets not forget Jambos are go either. Where was his Hollywood witness? “You won’t believe who is willing to testify” I’m sure was his earth shattering claim.

F0FB08C5-0D36-4613-94A6-ADD4FCA0CECB.jpeg

Edited by jack D and coke

My mate up in Lithgy is over the moon at the court's verdict. He's the biggest SNP supporter I know. Ironically he was previously a Labour man and believed Tony Blair could do no wrong. Nevertheless he no longer acknowledges his love for "new" Labour.

The Real Maroonblood
30 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s just another in a long long line of utter riddys for old our old 2 new 8‘s tripper and manalive :lol: 

Their desperation and trolling has given them a right old backhander to the mush....again :rofl: 

Lets not forget Jambos are go either. Where was his Hollywood witness? “You won’t believe who is willing to testify” I’m sure was his earth shattering claim.

F0FB08C5-0D36-4613-94A6-ADD4FCA0CECB.jpeg

:laugh:

Wonder where all the "why would she lie about it?" die hard Nats are now.  Perhaps time for them to admit that sometimes they do and there is always two sides to every story.  An accusation should NEVER be the end of the story.  I despise Salmond and wish him no good thoughts whatsoever but I strongly believe in justice and fair trials.  Everyone does deserve a fair trial, absolutely everyone.  I have to hope Salmond's was fair and as previously said the verdict was the correct one.  A fat SNP prick he may be to me but if he is not a sex offender he is not a sex offender, simple as that.

Edited by i8hibsh

Space Mackerel
12 hours ago, leginten said:

This one? 😁😁😁

22EBE327-BAF7-4978-A141-2ADD466D4751.jpeg