• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Trapper John McIntyre

• Space Mackerel

• Justin Z

• Beast Boy

jack D and coke
5 hours ago, Suso Santana said:

Been told they've got him hands down. Going to jail. 

Who told you?

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

No need for a trial. Suso's been told already. 

I suppose it shows one thing, AS isn't a Tory after all, as it would have been covered up with violence and paper shredding and he'd have a job on the BBC.

On a serious note, I'll wait til the trail starts before comment.

7 hours ago, Suso Santana said:

Well obviously, otherwise it wouldn't have got to a trial!

If the Crown Office don't think they have enough evidence to secure a conviction then they are unlikely to proceed to trial.

Edited by Boris

Unknown user
15 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I suppose it shows one thing, AS isn't a Tory after all, as it would have been covered up with violence and paper shredding and he'd have a job on the BBC.

On a serious note, I'll wait til the trail starts before comment.

Fair enough, I dont particularly care myself. It's right that he's not above the law and he'll face a trial like anyone else. Good.

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Fair enough, I dont particularly care myself. It's right that he's not above the law and he'll face a trial like anyone else. Good.

This. 

Just now, Smithee said:

Exactly!

25 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

This Alex Sammond thing I find a bit strange. 

Surely everyone hopes justice is done.

Why would your politics have any bearing on your view of the situation? His politics don’t make him guilty or innocent.

Thank **** we have a jury of piers deciding his innocent or guilt based on evidence. As opposed to many people who seem to base their decision on SNP Bad = guilty and SNP Good = Innocent.  

Hope justice is done whatever that may be. 

:asiancat:

42 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

This Alex Sammond thing I find a bit strange. 

Surely everyone hopes justice is done.

Why would your politics have any bearing on your view of the situation? His politics don’t make him guilty or innocent.

Thank **** we have a jury of piers deciding his innocent or guilt based on evidence. As opposed to many people who seem to base their decision on SNP Bad = guilty and SNP Good = Innocent.  

Hope justice is done whatever that may be. 

Correct. If he is guilty then a swift boot in the baws and a long stretch in Saughton is EXACTLY what he deserves. Hes isnt above the law and thats the way it should be.

(Shame its not the same if your a tory MP in Westminster).

I wont be joining in Trappers “witch-hunt” though. He obsessed with this case!

Wonder why?

Interesting that some people are desperate for Salmond to be guilty and get sent down. Personally I hope he's innocent and women haven't been abused and put in frightening situations.

Anyway, I hope justice is done no matter what way it goes.

Just don't think he is capable of getting a fair trial due to who he is. His political history will surely play a huge part in any of the jurors decision. Sure they can screen them and the judge can issue instructions but that doesnt guarantee no bias. 

The.system we have in place is not fit for purpose  

Edited by AlimOzturk

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Just don't think he is capable of getting a fair trial due to who he is. His political history will surely play a huge part in any of the jurors decision. Sure they can screen them and the judge can issue instructions but that doesnt guarantee no bias. 

So are you saying SNP voters will say he's not guilty and others will say he is? 

Regretfully its is not always about justice, its about who can convince the jury, and paying a lot of money for lawyers who can get things on technicalities. 

And let's remember Salmond has already won part one on a technicality, which cost the Scottish Tax payer a lot of money.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2019/01/war-between-alex-salmond-and-nicola-sturgeon-could-be-catastrophic-snp

I like when people declare things like, to paraphrase, “I don’t care what his political affiliations are, if he has done what he has been charged with then he should be punished”. As opposed to what? It’s stating the obvious. Do you want a moral round of applause?

2 hours ago, Costanza said:

Interesting that some people are desperate for Salmond to be guilty and get sent down. Personally I hope he's innocent and women haven't been abused and put in frightening situations.

Anyway, I hope justice is done no matter what way it goes.

Indeed, remember when people were desperate for cliff richard to be charged? It means that he would have had to have abused some poor soul. 

His name is

Form what's been reported so far, 14 charges in relation to 10 different women, it looks highly likely that he will be convicted of something. 

The charges range from attempted rape to inappropriate touching. What charges, if any, he is found guilty of will dictate if he is sent to prison or not. 

One thing is certain, his career and reputation is finished. 

FWIW, I liked Salmond and voted for independence.

Edited by His name is

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, H2 said:

So are you saying SNP voters will say he's not guilty and others will say he is? 

Regretfully its is not always about justice, its about who can convince the jury, and paying a lot of money for lawyers who can get things on technicalities. 

And let's remember Salmond has already won part one on a technicality, which cost the Scottish Tax payer a lot of money.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2019/01/war-between-alex-salmond-and-nicola-sturgeon-could-be-catastrophic-snp

That’s pretty much exactly what I reckon might happen such is the divide now. 
I mean could you imagine Tripper on the jury or a few other of the rabid unionists on here?  
Hes guilty already as far they’re concerned and someone in a high place has already told Suso he’s defo going down likesay :lol: 

Unknown user
5 hours ago, westbow said:

I like when people declare things like, to paraphrase, “I don’t care what his political affiliations are, if he has done what he has been charged with then he should be punished”. As opposed to what? It’s stating the obvious. Do you want a moral round of applause?

No ta, cheers though 

AlphonseCapone
6 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Not just his reputation but anyone who worked closely with him 

Either be brave enough to make an accusation or shut up tbh. Everyone can see what you're getting at so grow a pair and say what you're meaning. 

Trapper John McIntyre
6 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

That’s pretty much exactly what I reckon might happen such is the divide now. 
I mean could you imagine Tripper on the jury or a few other of the rabid unionists on here?  
Hes guilty already as far they’re concerned and someone in a high place has already told Suso he’s defo going down likesay :lol: 

How dare you.

If I sat on the jury I would listen to the evidence very carefully and with total impartiality before finding him guilty on all counts.

Justice must be served.

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

How dare you.

If I sat on the jury I would listen to the evidence very carefully and with total impartiality before finding him guilty on all counts.

Justice must be served.

:lol:

12 hours ago, Boris said:

Well obviously, otherwise it wouldn't have got to a trial!

If the Crown Office don't think they have enough evidence to secure a conviction then they are unlikely to proceed to trial.

Exactly. 

If he beasted anybody, he should go to jail.

It's that simple.

Nothing he did has any political angle to it at all.

This is a purely criminal matter.

26 minutes ago, indianajones said:

It's got nothing to do with political parties ffs. 

Not strictly true if the allegations happened while he was in government.

davemclaren

Given that this trial is about to start then everyone needs to know that any posts that the moderators believe is possibly in contempt or potentially defamatory to the accused, or others, will be removed and the poster banned from the thread. Further action may also be taken depending on the nature of the post. 

Don’t say you haven’t been warned. 

I hope he hasnt done what he has been alleged to have done. 

All of this will come out in the trial. 

It's a guarantee that they will stick something to him. 

15 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Quite funny Unionists thinking this will stop Indy. 😁

Nope, that will be the voices in your head.

This thread is about the Salmond trial so either keep on topic or stay off this thread - you have turned at least three others into a car crash.

Space Mackerel
33 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Nope, that will be the voices in your head.

This thread is about the Salmond trial so either keep on topic or stay off this thread - you have turned at least three others into a car crash.

So the OP and Effie Deans uber fan had no intentions other than the the trial? 🤣🤣

Righto then. 

18 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

So the OP and Effie Deans uber fan had no intentions other than the the trial? 🤣🤣

Righto then. 

You have just proved my point - you can't stop yourself.  The mods have made it clear what they intend to do with those breaking the forum rules on this thread.

Space Mackerel
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

You have just proved my point - you can't stop yourself.  The mods have made it clear what they intend to do with those breaking the forum rules on this thread.

Cannae beat a frank black post greeting to the mods for back up. Must be about your 20th in 6 months now.  😃

Trapper John McIntyre
1 hour ago, Space Mackerel said:

Righto then. 

Glad to hear you're such a fan of the estimable Effie. 

1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

Cannae beat a frank black post greeting to the mods for back up. Must be about your 20th in 6 months now.  😃

I can smell the fear from you on here, which explains your panic flapping around trying to wreck this thread.  On top of that you can't even read the posts you reply to, but that is par for the course with you.

Next you will be posting lots of links to nonsense that don't even relate to the point you are trying to make.

As I said, what have any of your posts on this thread got to do with the topic?

Space Mackerel
2 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I can smell the fear from you on here, which explains your panic flapping around trying to wreck this thread.  On top of that you can't even read the posts you reply to, but that is par for the course with you.

Next you will be posting lots of links to nonsense that don't even relate to the point you are trying to make.

As I said, what have any of your posts on this thread got to do with the topic?

My first post on this thread was a wrecker right enough. 😃

Nucky Thompson
3 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Nah mate. The Scottish people already stopped Indy

5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Nah mate. The Scottish people already stopped Indy

Ssshhhhh! He hasn't realised........

4 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Quite funny that Nats think there is going to be an Indy ref in the term of this Government

On 06/03/2020 at 23:31, Suso Santana said:

Hands down what would be the question ? 🤣

John Gentleman
On 07/03/2020 at 19:14, AlimOzturk said:

Under Scots law, jurors aren't screened. Obviously they're vetted for eligibility, but not for things like poltical associations etc.

There's lots of peculiarities in Scots Law compared to other countries in the 'Angloshere', who all tend to follow English law influences.