Harry and Meghan

Crete

Wasn’t it lovely to see Harry and Meghan back in the spotlight yesterday they looked so happy and Meghan looked beautiful in her light blue dress .

I wish them all the best in the future .♥️

The Real Maroonblood
53 minutes ago, Crete said:

Wasn’t it lovely to see Harry and Meghan back in the spotlight yesterday they looked so happy and Meghan looked beautiful in her light blue dress .

I wish them all the best in the future .♥️

If it upsets the Daily Mail readers them being back then well done.

SectionDJambo

I think too many people have been boarding the Rule Britannia train down south. Any deviation from the expected route that the train takes is met with anger and disbelief. 
Wait until Johnny Foreigner doesn’t get aboard during the Brexit trade discussions. 
I’m no big fan of any of the Royals, apart from the Queen, who has had to front a family who have constantly caused her problems, and been a steady, diligent and respectful constant in an up and down post war UK.
But, in my opinion, the angst and vitriol shown to this couple, wanting to make a life of their own, away from a situation he was born into, is borderline crazy. They maybe haven’t helped their situation either, but many of these people, spitting feathers over them, seem to have the notion that they own them. Howling about the money they’ll make on their association with the Royal brand, but quite happy to help social media giants trawl up billions by their constant use, or pump money into media people like Cowell, by phoning up votes for excruciatingly bad talent shows.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I think too many people have been boarding the Rule Britannia train down south. Any deviation from the expected route that the train takes is met with anger and disbelief. 
Wait until Johnny Foreigner doesn’t get aboard during the Brexit trade discussions. 
I’m no big fan of any of the Royals, apart from the Queen, who has had to front a family who have constantly caused her problems, and been a steady, diligent and respectful constant in an up and down post war UK.
But, in my opinion, the angst and vitriol shown to this couple, wanting to make a life of their own, away from a situation he was born into, is borderline crazy. They maybe haven’t helped their situation either, but many of these people, spitting feathers over them, seem to have the notion that they own them. Howling about the money they’ll make on their association with the Royal brand, but quite happy to help social media giants trawl up billions by their constant use, or pump money into media people like Cowell, by phoning up votes for excruciatingly bad talent shows.

:spoton:

The Internet
7 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

:greatpost:

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Top post. 

Harry and Meghan will be fine.  They'll create a personal brand for themselves, like the Beckhams, and become very wealthy.

luckyBatistuta

He was on the box just before I left home, having a little walk around the Mercedes garage with Lewis Hamilton. I can’t believe how bad I feel for him, his world is falling apart around him.

5 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Prince Philip seemed awfully interested in their car.......

:D

Edited by The Roller

I'm like the biggest anti Monarchist on earth but fair play to Harry, he should just stick two fingers up at the UK and enjoy his life as a normal citizen with his lovely missus. 

8 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

He was on the box just before I left home, having a little walk around the Mercedes garage with Lewis Hamilton. I can’t believe how bad I feel for him, his world is falling apart around him.

Had to read that first sentence twice.

Space Mackerel

If it wasn't for the incessant media coverage of the Royals then no one would give a shiny.

Think about it.

jack D and coke
3 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

If it wasn't for the incessant media coverage of the Royals then no one would give a shiny.

Think about it.

Constantly naming shit after them too what the **** is that all about? 
Get them to ****. 

Angry Haggis
11 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

10/10

11 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I wouldn't know how he feels, if I'm honest. Even with such luxury, people are in pain. Just a thought. 

19 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Harry and Meghan will be fine.  They'll create a personal brand for themselves, like the Beckhams, and become very wealthy.

*stay very wealthy

• 4 weeks later...

These cretins have reportedly decided to move to California.     US quite rightly saying they're not paying for security.

Jambo-Jimbo
3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

These cretins have reportedly decided to move to California.     US quite rightly saying they're not paying for security.

Flew there by private jet before the US shut the border with Canada.

As you say the US is quite rightly saying that it isn't paying for their security.

On 06/03/2020 at 08:32, The Real Maroonblood said:

If it upsets the Daily Mail readers them being back then well done.

Absolutely :laugh:

2 hours ago, Victorian said:

:byebye: So long, we hardly knew ye.

Ehllhayapeh
On 06/03/2020 at 04:14, SectionDJambo said:

Brexit is an interesting one for me now. On the one hand, there´s a small part of me that hopes that UK Gov sees the sense in not self isolating economically in the middle of what will be a global recession bordering on depression after Covid 19 emergency is gone. That they will see its better to be cooperative and collaborative.

While I fear it will only embolden the tories that the world "Needs Britain" and their belief every country in economic hardship will just open the door to the UK for investment. If that doesnt happen and the UK refuses as it is now to extend the negotiating period, we are not just going to go off a cliff, but off the side of the Eiger.

As for the Royals, Im not a fan of the family or the concept. I do agree though the Queen has been an excellent servant of the country over a long period of time. I would like to think the outdated notion of a family ruling due to birthright may end when her time on the throne ends, but then again, it is any worse than the House of Lords?

I think Id abolish that before Id be looking at the monarchy. 300 quid a day for life to have a snooze isnt sustainable in any right thinking democracy.

I have always liked Harry, but have just left the virus thread, I find t difficult to garner interest in a couple one of whom has never known need, and the other a small time actress using her husband to advance her minor career. I also last night watched a program about the old Prince of Wales who it seems was more for Hitler than his brother. The Queen has always to me been a fine figurehead, but the following brood have none of her character, time for change, 

Edited by bobsharp

luckyBatistuta
11 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

I have always liked Harry, but have just left the virus thread, I find t difficult to garner interest in a couple one of whom has never known need, and the other a small time actress using her husband to advance her minor career. I also last night watched a program about the old Prince of Wales who it seems was more for Hitler than his brother. The Queen has always to me been a fine figurehead, but the following brood have none of her character, time for change, 

🤔

:behead:

dobmisterdobster

Why should taxpayers of any country have to pay for these wasters? Pay for your own security just other celebrities.

Good luck to them and everybody else. 

I've one observation on this story. It's Kate, now Catherine the pure blood. Utter tripe. 

29 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

🤔

:behead:

Yes a bit change of attitude, but when I left a thread with people in fear of losing loved ones, and find a news item about a pair of publicity seekers again imposing themselves on the public I just sort of lost it. I think Harry has made a mistake, but that is really none of my business, but it becomes so when I as everyone else is besieged with articles about what they are doing. Shame on the media. My views were not helped after watching two hours about Edward and Mrs whatshername. Two as it was portrayed in the program terrible people, and as struck me a weak man controlled by a calculating woman.

The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

Yes a bit change of attitude, but when I left a thread with people in fear of losing loved ones, and find a news item about a pair of publicity seekers again imposing themselves on the public I just sort of lost it. I think Harry has made a mistake, but that is really none of my business, but it becomes so when I as everyone else is besieged with articles about what they are doing. Shame on the media. My views were not helped after watching two hours about Edward and Mrs whatshername. Two as it was portrayed in the program terrible people, and as struck me a weak man controlled by a calculating woman.

Bob you’re better giving the virus thread a miss it’s full of grim reapers.

luckyBatistuta
10 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

I’ve got no time for any of them to be honest Bob.  I know they are the same as everyone else, in the fact they had no say in the life they were born into. The monarchy is such an archaic institution. Why should this lot lead such privileged lives, whilst others struggle to feed their children and put a roof over their heads, disgusting imo. There will be a lot of people worrying about how they are going to survive this crisis, but we can’t all just pop off to a castle to self isolate, whilst others run around trying to satisfy their every whim. No doubt someone will be on to say they work hard for their money,  aye ok🙄

Just my opinion, rant over😉

jack D and coke
16 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I’ve got no time for any of them to be honest Bob.  I know they are the same as everyone else, in the fact they had no say in the life they were born into. The monarchy is such an archaic institution. Why should this lot lead such privileged lives, whilst others struggle to feed their children and put a roof over their heads, disgusting imo. There will be a lot of people worrying about how they are going to survive this crisis, but we can’t all just pop off to a castle to self isolate, whilst others run around trying to satisfy their every whim. No doubt someone will be on to say they work hard for their money,  aye ok🙄

Just my opinion, rant over😉

It’s much, much weirder to like the royal family than not pal. 
Wanting a bunch of inbreds lording over you? They make the country money etc.
**** off. 

luckyBatistuta
10 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

**** off. 

:spoton:

8 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

**** off. 

The Russians shot their royal family, which was a tad extreme and I'm not advocating that for the Windsors. However, yanking them out of their palaces and plonking them down in cooncil hooses, then telling them to get jobs like everyone else seems appropriate.

In case anyone is wondering what it's got to do with me, the British monarch is the Head of State in Canada, which is a bizarre arrangement to say the least.

We could have President Farage tomorrow and we’d still have loads of poor people.   A constitutional monarchy doesn’t create inequality - look at some of the most ‘equal’ countries in the world, Norway, Sweden and Denmark.

Just now, Maple Leaf said:

The Russians shot their royal family, which was a tad extreme and I'm not advocating that for the Windsors. However, yanking them out of their palaces and plonking them down in cooncil hooses, then telling them to get jobs like everyone else seems appropriate.

In case anyone is wondering what it's got to do with me, the British monarch is the Head of State in Canada, which is a bizarre arrangement to say the least.

She is the Canadian monarch too.  We share a monarchy along with (I think) 14 other countries.

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I’m on this bus mate. 
The amount of shit they name after the queen or other royals really gets my goat. 
The queen Elizabeth this and that. 
**** off. 

2 minutes ago, FWJ said:

She is the Canadian monarch too.  We share a monarchy along with (I think) 14 other countries.

She is indeed, and new Canadians have to swear allegiance to her as part of the citizenship ceremony.  It sticks in the craw of some, but it's a requirement to becoming a Canadian citizen.

The monarch has zero power in Canada, so most people are indifferent to the arrangement.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, FWJ said:

That gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

3 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

She is indeed, and new Canadians have to swear allegiance to her as part of the citizenship ceremony.  It sticks in the craw of some, but it's a requirement to becoming a Canadian citizen.

The monarch has zero power in Canada, so most people are indifferent to the arrangement.

I wonder why you think they should be plonked down in “cooncil hooses”.  They own, personally, a number of large houses around the UK that they could live in.  Or do you think their private wealth should be confiscated?

4 minutes ago, FWJ said:

I wonder why you think they should be plonked down in “cooncil hooses”.  They own, personally, a number of large houses around the UK that they could live in.  Or do you think their private wealth should be confiscated?

I haven't given it a second's worth of thought, tbh. That's a decision for the British people to make, not foreigners.

But when one considers that their private wealth is a result of some ancestor having fought for/against a particular monarch, imposing 100% death duties in the 21st century doesn't seem that unfair. But, as I say, that's for the people to decide.

Mac_fae_Gillie

Moving to LA does bring about the question of why they left.

It was about their treatment by the press/media and the racist undertones.

So they went to good old Canada OK..

But now during a period when only 1 news story matters they quietly(as they can) go to live in LA.

Now LA, famous for race riots and racial injustice.

famous for freelance photographers that chase stars (ask any drunk Lindsey Lohan types).

Just looks like Megan got her name shoved up the leading lady line-up and is ready to work.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

Moving to LA does bring about the question of why they left.

It was about their treatment by the press/media and the racist undertones.

So they went to good old Canada OK..

But now during a period when only 1 news story matters they quietly(as they can) go to live in LA.

Now LA, famous for race riots and racial injustice.

famous for freelance photographers that chase stars (ask any drunk Lindsey Lohan types).

Just looks like Megan got her name shoved up the leading lady line-up and is ready to work.

She does voice overs don't you know? 

Greedy Jambo

Harry who, megan who. 

GTF

Sorry for not making it sound intelligent and i actually think that harry comes across like a good lad, but **** them.