Loic Damour

That-Day-In-May

That-Day-In-May

A player who was considered a failure, myself thinking he wasn’t up to standards. It takes a man to go from being out of contention to then showing he can make a difference, and performing when it counts. Nowhere near anyone’s favourite player, but well done for turning your fortunes around.

1 minute ago, That-Day-In-May said:

A player who was considered a failure, myself thinking he wasn’t up to standards. It takes a man to go from being out of contention to then showing he can make a difference, and performing when it counts. Nowhere near anyone’s favourite player, but well done for turning your fortunes around.

Absolutely mate... Was fantastic tonight... 👌

Isn't that true though about virtually every player.  It seems to me that the new regime has just about every player performing better by far.

The EEN absolutely raved about Hickey's performance.  Zlamal seems miles better.  From everything I see and read, I can't think of anyone who hasn't stepped up over recent weeks.

Just need consistency now.  We can't afford to just perform in the bigger games.

Hope the crowd turns out in force on Saturday to back them.

Jambo, Goodbye

Twice i clocked him in the opposing half,  depossessing a Hibs player who was doddling on the ball. 

Very sweet irony. He's clearly finally up to speed with the ridiculous pace of the game up here.

Hes getting better and played well yesterday.

Still feel hes always close to being sent off and gets caught in the ball a bit much but hes definitely gotten better.

Jambo, Goodbye
3 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Was it him who saved the ball on the goal line just before they scored the rebound?

Great effort.

It was yeah,  great goalline save. Unlucky that he'll miss out on some credit for it due to the goal scored. 

Loved how he started bouncing up and down with Bozanic half hanging off his shoulders after the second goal celebrations 🤣🤣🤣

Sometimes it's better to keep your powder dry before turning on players.

Man-babies take note.

Thought he was pretty poor in possession, especially the first hour, but the amount of interceptions he makes is invaluable.

I think we’ll see him swap with Irving for the games where we’ll have more of the ball but he absolutely has a role to play, which I don’t think any of us would say even a week ago.

Dallas Green

Thought he played well. Glad of it.

Only criticism is he still takes to long on the ball but I'm sure the more he plays the more he will get used to having to release the ball quicker.

Jambo, Goodbye

Just noticed when watching the highlights (again).

Leading up to the second goal, you can see Damour pointing and probably shouting for Boz to get forward. 

Boz does what he's told, winds up at the edge of the box and the rest is history :) 

3m14s into the highlights btw, just thought it was a nice example of how those two were working well together in the midfield. 

He has played the role in the past 2 games I’d always hoped he could and the role he was brought to the club for. Still a couple of moments caught on the ball but was pressing all over the park. More of the same please. 

We_are_the_Hearts

Best game in a Hearts jersey. Power shift, pressed all night and can't think of him giving it away once, which has been his downfall.

Early days yet but I think the atmosphere that is generated by the coaching staff is having an impact. Damour is feeding of this and it’s showing on the park. 

We are now starting to see the player that we signed. I have a feeling that he is going to go from strength to strength now that he has finally got to grips with what’s required here.

Edited by Deevers

Mid Calder Jambo

Thought he was a great signing when he joined.  I have been sorely disappointed until Saturday.  If he can curb his bombscare tatics he will be instrumental in helping to keep us up and win the cup.

11 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Another great Levein signing - looks like recruitment wasn't the problem after all!

My cousin follows Cardiff (and Hearts) and was really amazed that he was not a first pick here. There have been any number of players who have come up here from south of the border and been shaken by the pace of the game here. I reckon now that he is up to speed he will really kick on.  

Ex member of the SaS
16 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Another great Levein signing - looks like recruitment wasn't the problem after all!

Oh yes it was , however the tactics were also to blame. Defending a one goal lead would have seen us lose last night. Players need a confident manager, not someone who will demand crowding the penalty box after scraping a goal.

23 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Oh yes it was , however the tactics were also to blame. Defending a one goal lead would have seen us lose last night. Players need a confident manager, not someone who will demand crowding the penalty box after scraping a goal.

Coaching, man management  and injuries IMO 

Bazzas right boot

He was always clearly a player. 

Needed a bit time to adjust to the pace of the game and ofc get some fitness. 

I Don't think he's 100% fit yet either. 

The ripping of him was way over the top, bit like Clare. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

I have pointed out repeatedly that Cardiff was an anomaly, that he had bounced about the 2nd and 3rd division of French and Belgian football and was a dreadful  journeyman player who should be nowhere near the Hearts first team.

I have never been so happy to be so wrong

5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Isn't that true though about virtually every player.  It seems to me that the new regime has just about every player performing better by far.

The EEN absolutely raved about Hickey's performance.  Zlamal seems miles better.  From everything I see and read, I can't think of anyone who hasn't stepped up over recent weeks.

Just need consistency now.  We can't afford to just perform in the bigger games.

Hope the crowd turns out in force on Saturday to back them.

Very true. When I saw the team for the game v Rangers I immediately thought oh no Bozanic and Damour in central midfield!!!

It just shows that the most unlikely pairings can work.

I felt sorry for Irving as he has done well but no reason to change things now other than for injuries and suspensions.

Great to see him having a couple of cracking games. 

He was also right involved in the celebrations of the Bozanic goal which was wonderful to see. 

As soon as people realise he's a midfielder and therefore in the thick of the action then he will lose the ball occasionally, the better. Same ignorance was aimed at Arnoud Djoum.

Boy has played superb in the past 2 games and been pivotal in making the team gel and is the focal point of the high press with the intelligence to drop off and cover the defence when required. 

Brilliant performance. 

Damour was different class last night. He was excellent v The Rangers too. Him and Bozzy look a better partnership. At the moment, I wouldn't change that starting XI. 

kingantti1874

Here we have a guy who was given the exact same message as berra, but instead of throwing toys out the pram simply doubled down to prove his worth.

That is the right attitude 

Gordon Ramsay

The interceptions man. Made loads against Rangers and same again last night. Still think there's a mistake in him but definitely a lot better last 2 games. 

Captain Canada

It's brilliant to see him step up and play like we know he can. He's a different player to Irving but exactly what we need right now. Long may it continue. 

Bozanic is like a new player as well - incredible how much he's improved lately. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Been a big disappointment and in truth, not a great first half on Saturday either.

More than enough ability to play in this league, its a positive for Diamond, the penny is now dropping with most of them. 

Finding a structure, Bozanic mentions this in his post match comments last night, its one they seem to be happier with now.

I'm afraid Stendel was trying to run before we could walk, but that's been addressed, now this needs to turn into a winning run.

pettigrewsstylist
4 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

The work done over the past couple of weeks is there for all to see. Stendel adapting the formation has been a master stroke and he deserves credit for being willing to change, mind you he had to do something.

Confidence there now too. No wonder after two huge results. 

We are staying up. 

Think this is just about bang on Jonno!

Last sentence...we need to do it when tv cameras and agents aint watching.

Weekend cant come soon enough. Win it, and we are in our way imo.

Hot since 86

When we need a big performance he’s nowhere to be seen. Like so many in this squad. Can’t be trusted.

Forever Hearts

I don't know why Damour in particular was targeted by the boo boys tonight. Hickey apart, they were all dreadful. 

Forever Hearts
Just now, Gordon Ramsay said:

These players deserve to be booed. 

At the end of the game as a collective, yes. Picking on Damour alone during the game and cheering when he got subbed is arsehole behaviour and helps nobody. 

Jambos_1874

He was appalling tonight and is unbelievably slow, wasteful with the ball and loses it regularly. Although, he can put in a decent cross. I'd drop him ASAP.

Jambojamie91

He gave the game away. Couldn’t make a simple pass. Slow and lost all his battles deserved to be boo’d and should never be seen again in a hearts jersey

_maroonplatoon
14 minutes ago, Mort said:

He was dreadful tonight. Him and bozanic. The booing was OTT.

OTT? We're playing in a ****ing cup final against our relegation rivals and he's swanning about misplacing passes, jogging all over the places, making needless fouls and genuinely looking like he's not interested. 

The only thing that's OTT is his 4 year ****ing deal.

1 minute ago, _maroonplatoon said:

OTT? We're playing in a ****ing cup final against our relegation rivals and he's swanning about misplacing passes, jogging all over the places, making needless fouls and genuinely looking like he's not interested. 

The only thing that's OTT is his 4 year ****ing deal.

Each to their own. Personally can’t bring myself to boo a Hearts player. I’m not standing up for him or his performance. He was brutal tonight.

fabienleclerq
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

I don't know why Damour in particular was targeted by the boo boys tonight. Hickey apart, they were all dreadful. 

I'm sorry but he was by far the worst player, an absolute coward. He just flicked everything away ASAP, he sold another goal as he couldn't make a five yard pass, gave away stupid fouls and is a bit of a shitebag. 

How he stayed on and Bozanic got taken off I don't know. 

Should've been subbed at HT and stendal pretty much cost us the gane leaving him on. I'm not normally one for booing Hearts players but this mercenary deserved it tonight.