Thogden , you tube guys

I've noticed these guys take a bit of stick online from people who hate this 'youtuber' culture.

I think most of their videos are great content and show different match day experiences around the country and Europe.

They also seem to love the game up here and realise there are clubs outside the old firm unlike some other English people's narrative.

Keep it up Thogden and Thogdad! 👍

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alicante jambo

• Dallas Green

• redjambo

• millerjames398

21 minutes ago, ModJambo said:

I've noticed these guys take a bit of stick online from people who hate this 'youtuber' culture.

I think most of their videos are great content and show different match day experiences around the country and Europe.

They also seem to love the game up here and realise there are clubs outside the old firm unlike some other English people's narrative.

Keep it up Thogden and Thogdad! 👍

I enjoy these sort of videos because it captures the fan reactions etc that TV cameras fail to do (TV often focus creepy closeup shots of junkies instead of zooming out and seeing the entire stand).

The wee Hibs boy's video is gold for that.

2 minutes ago, kila said:

I enjoy these sort of videos because it captures the fan reactions etc that TV cameras fail to do (TV often focus creepy closeup shots of junkies instead of zooming out and seeing the entire stand).

The wee Hibs boy's video is gold for that.

In general, I love seeing fan reactions when goals are scored, more usually from the perspective of the ordinary TV cameras. I know it seems a bit sad, but sometimes I'll play a clip several times, focussing on different fans and seeing how they react. Works well with things like the crowd reaction at Basketball buzzer-beaters too.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
15 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

They’ve been to more Hearts games than Gregg Wallace though 👍

and they have an excellent record

I think it great, being able to enjoy some of the crowd reactions. singing etc, especially for those of us living away from Scotland

Also, their coverage of our games (and all that comes with it, i.e. matchday experience, pubs, ground etc) has been very positive and shows their followers (many of whom are down south) that Scottish football isn't all about the ugly sisters

scott herbertson

If you don't like it . don't watch it! They do a good job and some of the in game footage of the Hibs game was brilliant, worth watching for that alone. they seem decent guys as well.

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

If you don't like it . don't watch it! They do a good job and some of the in game footage of the Hibs game was brilliant, worth watching for that alone. they seem decent guys as well.

Well of course, but "I don't get it" is surely as valid an opinion as "I think they're great"

Me, I don't get it.

been here before
15 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Ahhhh this old chestnut.

How does that work if you dont know who they are, watch it and come away thinking "I dont like it'?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, been here before said:

Ahhhh this old chestnut.

How does that work if you dont know who they are, watch it and come away thinking "I dont like it'?

I got harangued for having an opinion on View from the terrace, same thing. You can of course watch again, to see if improvements have been made. 

Boring place without opinions, generally I like Scotts posts though.

scott herbertson
26 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Well of course, but "I don't get it" is surely as valid an opinion as "I think they're great"

Me, I don't get it.

22 minutes ago, been here before said:

Ahhhh this old chestnut.

Fair enough. A lazy post from me. 

Your perfectly entitled to not like it and say so. I don’t like all of what they do myself, but I did enjoy the footage of the goals from their filming. I thought that added something

magicjohnston

Have watched a few of them, decent enough to show different football days out. My only overly irrational hatred his watching his dad drink a pint. Almost chews it...no idea why I find it so annoying! But anyway the Easter road away video was ace!

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

4 pages arguing about a wee laddies YouTube video hahaha

Thanks for the heads-up. 

I watched the video (the original post), felt brilliant, then skipped to the last couple of posts on page 4.

There's something about feeling brilliant that I like.