Bobby

Mikey1874

I noticed on the highlights that if he didn't stop to pick the first coin up to give to the ref he would've been hit on the head by the 2nd coin thrown.

Some good saves but highlights probably didn't flatter him much.

Looking forward to Tuesdays Full-Highlights on Free sports.

Did ok, still looks shaky but best of a bad bunch. Be happy enough with him as a number 2 next season. 

CloustonHMFC

Must say he’s conducted himself pretty well in the whole goal keeping debacle. Respect for that.

Done good yesterday, wasn’t tested much but it’s a no brained he has to be between the sticks for the rest of the season. 

17 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

I thought he was outstanding. 

Very calm with the massed hoards behind him. Nicely handed whatever was thrown at him to ref. Probably had more thrown at him too. 

Steven McLean could do nothing about his goal kicks. Within the rules and showed enough urgency to avoid a booking. 

Extra marks for coming out to back Dikamona when Naismith was having go at him after he cleared instead of heading back. 

He done nothing wrong, but he had nothing to do.  He wasn’t outstanding. He was merely OK.  He did not need to be any better. 

Finlay James

He was solid, nothing more and nothing less but that's exactly what we need right now.

Dagger Is Back
17 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

He was relatively good today although he wasn't tested much. I always feel he has a mistake in him but give him his due he did well.

From memory that mistake almost came in the second half when he came and then went back before his save at the near post 

1 hour ago, JamboSpur said:

Bobby will save us from relegation. 

I think by putting Bobby back in we've improved our backline massively. Hopefully DS keeps the defensive drills going and we can stop leaking goals. I think we have enough attacking quality to really drill down on our defence. Naisy, Walker, Boyce are all capable of scoring and Washington and Uche are huge pests to defenders for their physical attributes.

I'm a bit worried now that Clevid and Halkett are our only real CB's now. Sibbick and Smith can probably fill in but thats not really what you want ideally.  

Japan Jambo

though he was very assured. key thing for me is I didn't start panicking every time they moved toward our goalmouth - wasn't the case with El Gatto (named for having nine lives not agility methinks)

Tennant's  6's
17 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Rangers fans chucked more money at Bobby than they did trying to avoid liquidation.

:bravo:well done sir 😂😂

Mikey I actually could debate every statement you make, he was ok let's not get carried away, I reckon Rangers created very little which helped, hope he can keep it up but does not command his box at cross balls enough for me.

17 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

A keeper can set the tone for the whole team. 

True. That doesn't equate to being outstanding though. But your sentiments are fair enough.

It's pretty clear that the only keeper that the defence trust is Bobby - that should have been the first thing Stendel sees when deciding on which keeper to play.

Abiola Dauda
19 hours ago, livi said:

Did anybody notice he was straight down the tunnel at the end.  Didn't stay out to celebrate with the other players. Strange. 

Needed a jobby 

FarmerTweedy
19 hours ago, communist said:

Has to be our number 1 for the rest of the season. 

At least a level or 2 above Joel for me.

Top shitehousery from him in the 2nd half too. Just the sort of stuff McGregor gets away with in every match which made the fury from the mutants behind him all the more ironic and amusing. 

Most jkb posters are a level or two above Joel!

Not the vermin interlopers though! 

Joel wouldn't have saved the one save he really had to make. He's not a great keeper but he's our best keeper

upgotheheads

Bobby's our best goalie without a doubt, he's also getting better at the sweeper role, which is something Stendel wants his keeper to do. A poster said earlier that we would be six points better off with Bobby in goal. I agree. 

He has a presence which our other keepers lack and he's actually a very good shot stopper, easily our best choice currently.

He came too far out in the first half and a better striker might have scored.

Other than that no complaints.

He only had 1 proper shot to save but he did it so calmly.

5 hours ago, Hearts007 said:

Did ok pity some ass holes chucked the coins at him

TBF to Bobby he was hit on the chest by the coin and didn't go down clutching his head like someone else we could mention.

PHM just got on with the game and not rolling about like a landed fish (you can still see the hook if you look carefully)

:lenny:

1 minute ago, merrymac said:

TBF to Bobby he was hit on the chest by the coin and didn't go down clutching his head like someone else we could mention.

PHM just got on with the game and not rolling about like a landed fish (you can still see the hook if you look carefully)

Funny that was my exact thoughts when i saw it

8 minutes ago, merrymac said:

TBF the gers can only afford a 2p coin...

image.png.da4805f04a9d71c2f8e6f0f285e2327d.png

wattie exploited
On 29/02/2020 at 22:46, charlatans said:

Hit with a coin and stayed on his feet!! PHM!!
None of this getting hit in the jacket and throwing yourself to the touch line holding your face 

hahahah brilliantly   true:rifle: 

Frankly he can be comical at times. But head and shoulders above what else is at the club. His heart is in the right place too. No.1 till the end of season, then stick about as No.2 if your happy with that.

In conclusion, right behind him, however he isn't the long term answer :(

1 minute ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Like a man reborn.

Absolutely. He's tremendous.

Since he's came back our defence has seriously looked stronger. 

Shame he never got a clean sheet as those can only help. 

Massive improvement. Great to see. I just feel so much less anxious now he's back. Bet the defenders are the same 

What I loved most was his understated response at full time.     He's not getting carried away but brought a quiet confidence last two games.   Really pleased for him and he seems very level headed since his come back. 

Several good saves tonight including one that turned out to be offside. Finally a keeper we can have a wee bit of confidence in. Without getting carried away!

Captain Canada

Theres been a noticeable shift in how focused he's looked since he came back into the team, especially the last two games. 

Bang on again today. Can't underestimate the importance of a half decent keeper (Or not having a bombscare keeper). Even in the first half he made a good save from mcnulty even though it was offside. He makes saves that Pereira hasn't been making. 

Even his decision making coming out for set pieces was good. He was given a hard time by the commentator for punching out a delivery when Jackson smashed into him but I thought it was absolute the right decision he made. 

Hopefully this gives a decent base to be much stronger defensively for the rest of the season as I have no doubt we'll score goals. 

colinmaroon

When building from the back, where Pereira was accurate with wide/mid to long passes, Bobby throws it - same result and he is a shot stopper.

Sorry he had to lose one tonight, deserved another clean sheet.

Rogue Daddy

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-release-video-showing-true-brilliance-zdenek-zlamals-stunning-save-against-motherwell-2446039

Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere... but what a stop from Bobby! Didn't realise it was as close at the time - but certainly makes me wonder where we would be right now if he had been in goals and not JP! For me, he had a good game against Motherwell... a couple of Bobby-esque moments but made the saves when they counted. Wouldn't blame him for Halketts nightmare either imo.

King Of The Cat Cafe
14 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-release-video-showing-true-brilliance-zdenek-zlamals-stunning-save-against-motherwell-2446039

Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere... but what a stop from Bobby! Didn't realise it was as close at the time - but certainly makes me wonder where we would be right now if he had been in goals and not JP! For me, he had a good game against Motherwell... a couple of Bobby-esque moments but made the saves when they counted. Wouldn't blame him for Halketts nightmare either imo.

From that camera angle, it would have been a goal of the month contender if the shot had gone in.

Smoked-Glass
On 29/02/2020 at 21:49, Jim Panzee said:

Importantly he made a good save at his near post second half - not sure if JP would’ve done the same.

if tonight is anything to go by we’re ditching the sweeper keeper so better to have Bobby as a shot stopper between the sticks

No way JP even gets close to the ball. 

He should never play for hearts again

Edited by Smoked-Glass

Smoked-Glass
On 01/03/2020 at 20:56, merrymac said:

Haha 

Vile specimen 

6 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Pereira would have got no where near that.

Well done Bobby, glad to have you back between the sticks

JP would've shrieked and covered his face for a shot hit that hard...

Smoked-Glass
3 hours ago, kila said:

Am actually raging this guy is even considered hearts class 

5 hours ago, kila said:

It's certainly a goal if he's playing.

Do wonder how many more points we'd have if Bobby had played all year. We win at St J and prob don't lose to Killie imo.

Oh course never know.

Guest ToqueJambo
13 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

It's certainly a goal if he's playing.

Do wonder how many more points we'd have if Bobby had played all year. We win at St J and prob don't lose to Killie imo.

Oh course never know.

I never bought into the criticism of Bobby, or Doyle as his back-up. Especially Bobby. He seemed to be a good communicator and a commanding presence, with his main fault being mad dashes off his line now and then, but this was offset by his shot stopping. Doyle had a decent clean sheet record and just had that one catastrophic game vs Well that I can remember. Seemed fine as back-up.

Bobby was never going to be one of our best goalies but he's fine for this level while we kept an eye out for someone better. JP seemed like a panic signing by Levein, trying to win back some fans who had started directing their ire to the goalie position despite us having other areas more in need of strengthening. JP has cost us so many more points than either goalie.

Edited by ToqueJambo